The WinReducer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The WinReducer ForumLog in

FORUM

WinReducer 7.0 - FINAL Builds

+38
greenworld
scarface
alecuba16
qbert79
foobar
BrianValentine
ntuser1
phox13
Y314K
geblex
Echap
taso
Mesen
xuke771
aymaliev
home7ech
Forseti
erio
kiai
kabino
pricecaptain
ltGuillaume
rami7250
roguebert
highend
exe98123q
babyboom666
Torrentus
tistou77
KrX
welkin
billybully
spidernz
savale
parapher
zuardin
pedilover
winterstorm2050
42 posters

descriptionWinReducer 7.0 - FINAL Builds - Page 8 EmptyRe: WinReducer 7.0 - FINAL Builds

more_horiz
Krx is absolutely right, I have compared the other GAC folders with the original ones and indeed they are smaller on my stripped ISO. 
And I now remember and forgot that I already deleted the files when I manually removed files from my install.wim , they are included on the big lists which I have already posted earlier.

@ALL I have edited and updated my last post to clear the confusion. You can delete all those folders without worrying =)

Regards

Edit: I have edited and updated the list with the Microsoft.Net folder cleanup!

descriptionWinReducer 7.0 - FINAL Builds - Page 8 EmptyRe: WinReducer 7.0 - FINAL Builds

more_horiz
@torrentus Those are exactly the sizes my install.wim file has Smile, so, yes, I confirm and concur on what you're saying.

more_horiz
Yea haha, I totally forgot that I already removed these files when I created my final ISO, I saw it when I compared it with the original ones Wink . This happens when you don't work on it for 8 months  Rolling Eyes

more_horiz
I'm actually pretty sure I can take my install.wim file size even downer. I just have one thing stopping me... iTunes. I need that program so I can manage my Apple hardware (I like Apple hardware and software Razz (except Macs)), but, ever since I learned how to use RT7-Lite, I've had lots of troubles with one specific thing: installation. Every time I install iTunes, I actually cross my fingers so this message won't appear, lol.

WinReducer 7.0 - FINAL Builds - Page 8 Itunes+error

I have like three years of experience reducing Windows 7 images, but so far I haven't been able to detect what causes that issue. It is the most annoying thing in the whole freaking universe, and I would really like help from someone who uses iTunes too or, even better, from someone who already knows what causes this.

Just two things to consider: 1. NO PROGRAM CAUSES THIS ISSUE. If I slim my image down with all the programs I use without manually removing anything from it, iTunes works. It is caused by something I deliberately remove, not by something programs remove. 2. The problem is located in the Windows folder. I know this because I've created images without manually removing anything from the Windows folder but with the rest of the folders (both Program Files, ProgramData and Users) having been slimmed down.

more_horiz
@billybully did you try without removing any assembly and Microsoft.NET files? You should try it out and see if it works, then you are one step away to know what causes the problem.
It seems it is connect with Visualbasic...

Also why would you use iTunes? It sucks, try http://www.tomahawk-player.org it's the best music player anyways Very Happy

more_horiz
Lol, I know iTunes sucks ass, but I need it to properly manage my iPod and my iPad. It is not an option, because iTunes is the only tool that can format the hard drives of Apple mobile devices, and I actually do that a lot, lol.

#firstworldproblems

more_horiz
Hey Billybully tell me how you shrunk your ISO so small, I know you continued my work, I want to know what else you've found.
PM me dude Very Happy and don't tell me your Windows is a skeleton haha

more_horiz
Better yet, post it here Billybully Very Happy

more_horiz
Yea do it Billybully, i did too Very Happy

more_horiz
hey winterstorm, i found a problem with one of my batch files that i posted here.

i couldnt add or remove new users. i mean the left_files_folders_winreducer.cmd

this file caused it Windows\System32\appinfo.dll

so here is the new batch with that once removed

http://www47.zippyshare.com/v/22029895/file.html

more_horiz
I will try to do it, guys. It is just that they were waaaaay too many things I would have to write, so it will be very difficult.

more_horiz
billybully wrote:
I will try to do it, guys. It is just that they were waaaaay too many things I would have to write, so it will be very difficult.

how about you use or look through my batch files and than just post the once that are missing? it would be easier to do that.

http://www8.zippyshare.com/v/12567904/file.html

just run it from the root of you mounted wim.

the textfile contains files that are needed so just remove all the others

more_horiz
Yea thats a good idea or give us your install.wim...

more_horiz
torrentus wrote:
Yea thats a good idea or give us your install.wim...

+1  Very Happy

more_horiz
LOL. Pirates, aren't we? I'll see...

more_horiz
Nah, its not illegal. You just can't have Windows already activated. If its 30-day trial all is legal Wink
Official original Windows 7 ISO images are also posted on the internet, so its the same. 
We just modified ( stripped ) the install.wim from the Original ISO.

I can't see any problems with it, what do you think Winterstorm? Do you think the same?

more_horiz
I don't think we have to worry about the legal status if we use PM's for this Very Happy  So you could do a 'per-PM-request-basis' for this. Count me in for that  cheers

more_horiz
hey its me again.

i created a new batch file that contains all files and folder torrentus has posted and that where left after using winreducer
here´s also a registry tweak to delete cardspace at control panel, because the batch also deletes files for that

http://www6.zippyshare.com/v/64079572/file.html
http://www6.zippyshare.com/v/64816116/file.html

that saved me again 28Mb

my iso is now 771Mb after using WinReducer and ALL batches i posted. (in total the batches reduced nearly 300Mb)

more_horiz
Here´s a batch to reduce the boot.wim

http://www9.zippyshare.com/v/78063329/file.html

it deletes the files torrentus mentions and i also removed nearly ALL files at WinSxS\Manifests

my boot.wim is now 64,7Mb and working Razz (to get is so smal you need also to use he batch billybully posted !!!)

more_horiz
hey KrX, how do you normally apply these batches? Do you just mount the install.wim and run the batch via DISM, or how do you delete those files? Thanks...

BTW, has anyone here ever tried running sysprep from a lite OS? I saw WinReducer had a 'protect sysprep' function but I have never tried running sysprep from a Lite OS because I always thought that would never work.

EDIT: Great work, Winter! I just made a lite Win7 x64 iso, based on a fully updated Win7 x64 SP1 iso. This means, 500 updates, installed with LDR->GDR method (script that basically gets newest files out of updates and applies them), IE11 included. These updates are via Windows Hotfix Downloader (MDL), by the way.

I did not remove most drivers (I may have removed 20%), and left many things in that I might want or need. So it is not a lite build with ALL options enabled. Also, I did not do WinSxS compression, nor remove the .NET stuff via WR. I did do WinSxS reduction. The install.wim went from 3.51gb to 1.60gb! So that's a cool 2gb.

Everything I tested worked and the OS is stable. I even installed Office 2013 to test, and installed all runtimes, even Photoshop CC. Everything seems to work fine.

more_horiz
KrX wrote:
hey winterstorm, i found a problem with one of my batch files that i posted here.

i couldnt add or remove new users. i mean the left_files_folders_winreducer.cmd

this file caused it Windows\System32\appinfo.dll

so here is the new batch with that once removed

http://www47.zippyshare.com/v/22029895/file.html

Got all of them, thank you !

parapher wrote:
EDIT: Great work, Winter! I just made a lite Win7 x64 iso, based on a fully updated Win7 x64 SP1 iso. This means, 500 updates, installed with LDR->GDR method (script that basically gets newest files out of updates and applies them), IE11 included. These updates are via Windows Hotfix Downloader (MDL), by the way.

I did not remove most drivers (I may have removed 20%), and left many things in that I might want or need. So it is not a lite build with ALL options enabled. Also, I did not do WinSxS compression, nor remove the .NET stuff via WR. I did do WinSxS reduction. The install.wim went from 3.51gb to 1.60gb! So that's a cool 2gb.

Everything I tested worked and the OS is stable. I even installed Office 2013 to test, and installed all runtimes, even Photoshop CC. Everything seems to work fine.

Excellent ! Thank you for your feedback !

-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*

As I mentioned few posts ago, I'm working on :

- New removing process (fastest and more efficient)

- Add size for each components in the "Remover" tab
. "Accessories - Input Method Editor" = 377 Mb
. "Accessories - Natural Languages" = 1140 Mb
Very Happy

I will try to release a new build at the end of week, with all "Accessories" available with this new functions. Like this you will have an idea and report feedbacks about it ...  Wink

P.S. : So, I need to delay the new "EXPERT" Options integration ...  Wink

more_horiz
torrentus wrote:
Nah, its not illegal. You just can't have Windows already activated. If its 30-day trial all is legal Wink
Official original Windows 7 ISO images are also posted on the internet, so its the same. 
We just modified ( stripped ) the install.wim from the Original ISO.
I can't see any problems with it, what do you think Winterstorm? Do you think the same?

Guys,

Could you please read the forum rules, in which I mentioned that MS ISOs or related stuffs are absolutely forbidden in the forum.

I'm sorry but I do not allow this kind of links. All your work is absolutely fabulous, so I should be really sorry to ban (or delete account) of one of you for this !

Thank you for your understanding my friends !

Best Regards.

winterstorm2050

@torrentus: Thank you to have asked before doing anything !  Very Happy

more_horiz
You're right, Winter Smile  Besides, the way your awesome tool is developing, it will be able to do the slimming for us Wink

more_horiz
winterstorm2050 wrote:

As I mentioned few posts ago, I'm working on :

- New removing process (fastest and more efficient)

- Add size for each components in the "Remover" tab
. "Accessories - Input Method Editor" = 377 Mb
. "Accessories - Natural Languages" = 1140 Mb
Very Happy

I will try to release a new build at the end of week, with all "Accessories" available with this new functions. Like this you will have an idea and report feedbacks about it ...  Wink

P.S. : So, I need to delay the new "EXPERT" Options integration ...  Wink

Good job in perspective

A chance to have "File and Printer Sharing (server)"? Smile

more_horiz
parapher wrote:
hey KrX, how do you normally apply these batches? Do you just mount the install.wim and run the batch via DISM, or how do you delete those files? Thanks...

just mount the install.wim (or boot.wim) and copy the batch to the root of your mounted wim (next to windows folder etc) and run it. Maybe it will ask some times if you want do delete a folder (Press Y and Enter) because i forgot a parameter to add in the batch

more_horiz
Dammit, you're doing an awesome work, KrX!! I actually started to think last night: "What if the WinSxS folder is just needed for Windows Update and nothing else?", and it turns out it is only for Windows Update. I'll do some tests today (AS I HAVE A TWO DAY VACATION, MOTHERFUC*ERS!!), and report back later. See ya Wink.

more_horiz
hey winter,

i found again something, if i select to remove

Windows\Fonts\meiryo.ttc
Windows\Fonts\meiryob.ttc

are still present (18,3 Mb)

more_horiz
Is that because 'protect MS office' is enabled?

more_horiz
KrX, could you do a "dir > filename.txt" on your boot.wim's Manifests folder? (And post the result here, of course.)

If you don't know what I'm talking about, see this: LINK

more_horiz
billybully wrote:
KrX, could you do a "dir > filename.txt" on your boot.wim's Manifests folder? (And post the result here, of course.)

If you don't know what I'm talking about, see this: LINK

C:\Users\KrX\Desktop\Manifests\amd64_microsoft.windows.c..-controls.resources_6595b64144ccf1df_5.82.0.0_de-de_616d1a3cf5779953.manifest
C:\Users\KrX\Desktop\Manifests\amd64_microsoft.windows.c..-controls.resources_6595b64144ccf1df_5.82.7601.17514_de-de_11f11c0faedd46d1.manifest
C:\Users\KrX\Desktop\Manifests\amd64_microsoft.windows.c..-controls.resources_6595b64144ccf1df_6.0.0.0_de-de_59ce5cd2158b855e.manifest
C:\Users\KrX\Desktop\Manifests\amd64_microsoft.windows.c..-controls.resources_6595b64144ccf1df_6.0.7601.17514_de-de_6753d3735522efd4.manifest
C:\Users\KrX\Desktop\Manifests\amd64_microsoft.windows.common-controls_6595b64144ccf1df_5.82.7601.17514_none_a4d6a923711520a9.manifest
C:\Users\KrX\Desktop\Manifests\amd64_microsoft.windows.common-controls_6595b64144ccf1df_6.0.7601.17514_none_fa396087175ac9ac.manifest
C:\Users\KrX\Desktop\Manifests\amd64_microsoft.windows.fusion_components_all_1122334455667788_6.1.7601.17514_none_ff6cf97e4fa96a49.manifest
C:\Users\KrX\Desktop\Manifests\amd64_microsoft.windows.gdiplus_6595b64144ccf1df_1.0.7601.17514_none_3bd2e487d8e769d3.manifest
C:\Users\KrX\Desktop\Manifests\amd64_microsoft.windows.gdiplus_6595b64144ccf1df_1.1.7601.17514_none_2b24536c71ed437a.manifest
C:\Users\KrX\Desktop\Manifests\amd64_microsoft.windows.i..utomation.proxystub_6595b64144ccf1df_1.0.7601.17514_none_553c613aa4ae3fe8.manifest
C:\Users\KrX\Desktop\Manifests\amd64_microsoft.windows.isolationautomation_6595b64144ccf1df_1.0.0.0_none_ee2620cf57bc84de.manifest
C:\Users\KrX\Desktop\Manifests\amd64_microsoft.windows.systemcompatible_6595b64144ccf1df_6.0.7601.17514_none_01d5a36ad3f1b7b3.manifest
C:\Users\KrX\Desktop\Manifests\amd64_microsoft-windows-servicingstack_31bf3856ad364e35_6.1.7601.17514_none_678566b7ddea04a5.manifest
C:\Users\KrX\Desktop\Manifests\amd64_microsoft-windows-servicingstack-msg_31bf3856ad364e35_6.1.7601.17514_none_9cc56f6241a6f1c7.manifest

that are all files of my boot.wim Wink

be carefull of the windows.c..-controls.resources.......... files you need the one in your language !!!
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum