The WinReducer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The WinReducer ForumLog in

FORUM

WinReducer 7.0 - FINAL Builds

+38
greenworld
scarface
alecuba16
qbert79
foobar
BrianValentine
ntuser1
phox13
Y314K
geblex
Echap
taso
Mesen
xuke771
aymaliev
home7ech
Forseti
erio
kiai
kabino
pricecaptain
ltGuillaume
rami7250
roguebert
highend
exe98123q
babyboom666
Torrentus
tistou77
KrX
welkin
billybully
spidernz
savale
parapher
zuardin
pedilover
winterstorm2050
42 posters

descriptionWinReducer 7.0 - FINAL Builds - Page 5 EmptyRe: WinReducer 7.0 - FINAL Builds

more_horiz
hey winterstorm

i cant start any net framwork applications (maybe the Expert option, didnt try to find that out at the moment)
i cant even install net framework because the installler says that some needed files cant be found

descriptionWinReducer 7.0 - FINAL Builds - Page 5 EmptyRe: WinReducer 7.0 - FINAL Builds

more_horiz
Yes, maybe "EXPERT - Net Framework Cleanup" ...  Wink

more_horiz
so here are some results in reducing the winsxs folder

this folders and files ARE NEEDED :

\Windows\winsxs\manifests\*_microsoft.vc80.crt*

\Windows\winsxs\manifests\*_microsoft.vc90.crt*

\windows\winsxs\manifests\*_microsoft.windows.c..-controls.resources_*.manifest

\windows\winsxs\manifests\*_microsoft.windows.common-controls_*.manifest

\windows\winsxs\manifests\*_microsoft.windows.gdiplus_*.manifest

\windows\winsxs\manifests\*_microsoft.windows.i..utomation.proxystub_*.manifest

\windows\winsxs\manifests\*_microsoft.windows.isolationautomation_*.manifest

\windows\winsxs\manifests\*_microsoft.windows.systemcompatible_*.manifest

\windows\winsxs\manifests\*_microsoft-windows-servicingstack*

\Windows\winsxs\manifests\*_microsoft.windows.fusion*

\Windows\winsxs\*_microsoft.vc80.crt*\*.*

\Windows\winsxs\*_microsoft.vc90.crt*\*.*

\windows\winsxs\*_microsoft.windows.c..-controls.resources_*\*.*

\windows\winsxs\*_microsoft.windows.common-controls_*\*.*

\windows\winsxs\*_microsoft.windows.gdiplus_*\*.*

\windows\winsxs\*_microsoft.windows.isolationautomation*\*.*

\windows\winsxs\*_microsoft-windows-servicingstack*\*.*

even for an x64 windows there need to be the amd64.... AND x86...... folders kept

for the *_microsoft.windows.c..-controls.resources_* folders you need just the once with your language
so there should be 4 of them 2x "amd64...." and 2x "x86..........."

that reduces my iso by 15Mb

i also try to reduce the filemaps foder. there are just 4 files needed, but with only them i cant use an unattend file because it failes with some error in "specialize", removing those lines dont help because i get another error at the end of the installation

maybe i will try to delete each file separately

more_horiz
again me.

here is a list of files vlite removes and winreducer does not. that are the last files.

Spoiler :

that saved me another 11Mb

my iso is now 833Mb (with a reduced boot.wim im at 767Mb)

EDIT: all is still working

and now i will get a look if the net framework problem was the cause of the expert option

EDIT2: be carefull. in the list the first "file" is *.pnf because there are A LOT files to remove (save 6mb in iso)

EDIT 3:

i got something on WinReducer.

when i select the Expert Option to reduce the WinSxs folder a messagebox shows up. so far ok.

but it also appears when:

1. i deselect the option
2. i load a wccf file in which it is not selected

more_horiz
KrX : what an amazing work you are doing, thank you so much !!! I will have a look on all of this excellent work during this week ...  Very Happy 

For the Message, it will be fixed in the v2.99.1.7 ...  Wink  Thank you !

more_horiz
CLOSING : v2.99.1.6 - End of Feedbacks and Support posts !

more_horiz
STARTING : v2.99.1.7 - Begin of Feedbacks and Support posts !

CHANGELOG :

more_horiz
hey

i dont know if it happens each time because i saw it now the first time, but when after reduction i choose save in wim, winreducer is creating an iso file at the ISO folder

EDIT:

yep its happening each time

EDIT 2:

so i tested it again and EXPERT - Net Framework Cleanup is making problems

i cant e.g. start WinReducer because it needs net framework 4. but i cant install it because of some error, and other programms dont start. when not selecting it all is fine and i can install it.

Can this option be improved?

more_horiz
Hey,

1) I confirm the bug, with ISO creation when using save a wim. Thank you.

2) Interesting. I will have a look at this !

Very Happy 

more_horiz
CLOSING : v2.99.1.7 - End of Feedbacks and Support posts !

more_horiz
STARTING : v2.99.1.8 - Begin of Feedbacks and Support posts !

CHANGELOG :

more_horiz
Hello

With the v2.99.1.7 (not yet tested v2.99.1.8), I have a problem.
Different languages ​​are not removed in System32 (all selected in winreducer), as well as the language files for keyboards (all selected) but not removed in System32
Same problem with "Anytime upgarde", the "upgrade" folder is not removed in the install directory

Everything else looks good

Thanks for your help

more_horiz
@tistou77

yep i mentioned that earlier, too.

also some wallpaper and easy of access theme is still present.

Also an option to delete sounds would be nice ( i remove the whole MEDIA folder and no problem)

more_horiz
Ok thanks Wink

And Winreducer removed the EFI folder in the install directory but I didn't touch any settings of UFI

Why remove it?

more_horiz
hey winter,

here some update about install.wim ---> WinSxS folder:

like i said befor the folders at WinSxS can be reduced to :

\Windows\winsxs\*_microsoft.vc80.crt*\*.*

\Windows\winsxs\*_microsoft.vc90.crt*\*.*

\windows\winsxs\*_microsoft.windows.c..-controls.resources_*\*.*

\windows\winsxs\*_microsoft.windows.common-controls_*\*.*

\windows\winsxs\*_microsoft.windows.gdiplus_*\*.*

\windows\winsxs\*_microsoft.windows.isolationautomation*\*.*

\windows\winsxs\*_microsoft-windows-servicingstack*\*.*

for an x64 version there need to be the amd64 AND x86 folders of those.

EDIT: and like i said for \windows\winsxs\*_microsoft.windows.c..-controls.resources_*\*.*  you need just the once if you language

-------------------

for the WinSxS\Manifests folder

it is possible to reduce it BUT if doing that installation will fail when using an unattanded.xml file (i couldnt find out whats causing that for the moment)
but if you dont use an unattanded file this files need to be kept:

\Windows\winsxs\manifests\*_microsoft.vc80.crt*

\Windows\winsxs\manifests\*_microsoft.vc90.crt*

\windows\winsxs\manifests\*_microsoft.windows.c..-controls.resources_*.manifest

\windows\winsxs\manifests\*_microsoft.windows.common-controls_*.manifest

\windows\winsxs\manifests\*_microsoft.windows.gdiplus_*.manifest

\windows\winsxs\manifests\*_microsoft.windows.i..utomation.proxystub_*.manifest

\windows\winsxs\manifests\*_microsoft.windows.isolationautomation_*.manifest

\windows\winsxs\manifests\*_microsoft.windows.systemcompatible_*.manifest

\windows\winsxs\manifests\*_microsoft-windows-servicingstack*

\Windows\winsxs\manifests\*_microsoft.windows.fusion*

Like i said it will fail the installation when using unattanded file, so if you would integrate it do it as experimental with an warning, maybe i (or someone) will find out something more

at WinSxS\Filemaps

this files need to be kept:

\windows\winsxs\filemaps\$$.cdf-ms

\windows\winsxs\filemaps\$$_system32_21f9a9c4a2f8b514.cdf-ms

\windows\winsxs\filemaps\program_files_internet_explorer_*.cdf-ms

that are 4 files for me, no error at installation or using win7

more_horiz
Dudes, lol. Look.

WinReducer 7.0 - FINAL Builds - Page 5 NPClhj3

Everything goes smoothly and works perfectly. Couldn't have done this without KrX's wonderful job.

Gotta bounce.

See ya.

more_horiz
billybully wrote:
Dudes, lol. Look.

WinReducer 7.0 - FINAL Builds - Page 5 NPClhj3

Everything goes smoothly and works perfectly. Couldn't have done this without KrX's wonderful job.

Gotta bounce.

See ya.

nice Wink

my instal.wim is 592Mb at the moment, and my iso is 667Mb, total size installed (excluded pagefile.sys) 2,3Gb

more_horiz
Great work, will test the new build this weekend. A feature request: Can you add the Krx cleanup scripts to the expert settings? Thnx!

more_horiz
Yes, it's planned ...  Very Happy 

more_horiz
Hey winter,

can you answer me what exactly is removed when i use the Expert Net Framework option?

I would like to look whats causing that problem im getting.

more_horiz
Hello

a few queries Smile

1) By removing the "security center" the wscsvc.dll file is not deleted in System32

2) In Windows\System32, the "WinBioPlugIns" folder is the biometrics?
How to delete it and its contents?

3) In Program Files\Windows NT, what is the "TableTextService" folder
How to delete it and its contents?

4) I removed "File and printer sharing (Server)" and winreducer does not remove it

WinReducer 7.0 - FINAL Builds - Page 5 Captur10

With Vlite is ok

WinReducer 7.0 - FINAL Builds - Page 5 Captur11

Thanks so much

more_horiz
KrX wrote:
Hey winter,
can you answer me what exactly is removed when i use the Expert Net Framework option?

It removes these folders :
- "Windows\assembly\GAC_MSIL"
- "Windows\assembly\GAC_32"
- "Windows\assembly\GAC_64"
- "Windows\assembly\Microsoft.NET\assembly\GAC_32"
- "Windows\assembly\Microsoft.NET\assembly\GAC_64"
- "Windows\assembly\NativeImages_*"

And only if don't activate "Presets - Protect Modern UI Apps" ! (broke Modern UI Apps)

Very Happy

@tistou77:
4) Could you please tell me which component are you thinking for "File and printer sharing (Server)" ? Thanks.  Wink

more_horiz
winterstorm2050 wrote:
@tistou77:
4) Could you please tell me which component are you thinking for "File and printer sharing (Server)" ? Thanks.  Wink

I confused with the "Control Panel - Network and Sharing Center (files)" may be Smile
There are no "File and printer sharing (Server)" in Winreducer

And for other questions, you have an idea?

PS: Rt7lite does not have this option (File and printer sharing (Server)), either

more_horiz
winterstorm2050 wrote:
KrX wrote:
Hey winter,

It removes these folders :
- "Windows\assembly\GAC_MSIL"
- "Windows\assembly\GAC_32"
- "Windows\assembly\GAC_64"
- "Windows\assembly\NativeImages_*"

And only if don't activate "Presets - Protect Modern UI Apps" ! (broke Modern UI Apps)

i just tried removing  "Windows\assembly\GAC_32", and applications that require net framework started but i couldnt install net framework.

so i looked in another thread where billybully wrote

1. After this, go to where you mounted your image, and browse to the Windows\assembly directory. Once there, you're going to see two folders named "NativeImages_...". Delete both of them. Also, delete the "GAC" folder. After you've done this, you're going to search for anything that contains "Ink", "PowerShell", "Luna", or "Royale" in its name and delete it (all this inside the assembly folder).

after doing this, apps also started but i couldnt install net framework too.
my iso is 170Mb smaller with that method

those folder:

arent at my assembly folder

EDIT: the Expert Net framework option is just reducing 7 more mb but i cant start net framework programms

more_horiz
hey ite me again Razz

winterstorm heres a list:

http://www67.zippyshare.com/v/50063327/file.html

of files and folders that arent removed by winreducer, i selected nearly everything in winreducer and still there are a lot of IE, Mobile PC etc folders and files left (the file contains nearly 2000 of them oO)

removing them saved me 36Mb on my iso.

i know thats a lot of work for you but it would be nice if when removing IE all those files folders would be deleted too (also for other components)

you just need to be carefull of files and folders which are related to languages.

installation and running windows is still working.

EDIT: the file contains also files and folders at the assembly folder (which exist when doing it like the post above)

and removing those files at assembly my net framework programms are still working

EDIT 2:

i finnaly managed to remove over 3300 files at WinSxS\Manifests (saved 6Mb on my iso )without that annoying error when using an unattanded,xml file

here is an batch for that:

http://www17.zippyshare.com/v/81319303/file.html

maybe i will find more soon, now im going to sleep Razz

more_horiz
winter, you can add the components "File and printer sharing (Server)" in Winreducer?

Thanks

more_horiz
@KrX: Thank you so much. I downloaded your file, it's perfect ! Hey, don't forget to go to sleep sometimes ...  Wink 

@tistou77: Yep, as soon as I will have time to integrate it ...  Very Happy 

more_horiz
Ok thanks Smile

more_horiz
Guys,

Is anyone, have some time to test something, because I'm experiencing a big bug during installation while removing "Services - Internet Connection Sharing" ?

So I need a confirmation that just by removing "Services - Internet Connection Sharing" the installation is broken !

Thank you very much ...

more_horiz
I can test it tonight if you want Wink
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum