The WinReducer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The WinReducer ForumLog in

FORUM

WinReducer 7.0 - FINAL Builds

+38
greenworld
scarface
alecuba16
qbert79
foobar
BrianValentine
ntuser1
phox13
Y314K
geblex
Echap
taso
Mesen
xuke771
aymaliev
home7ech
Forseti
erio
kiai
kabino
pricecaptain
ltGuillaume
rami7250
roguebert
highend
exe98123q
babyboom666
Torrentus
tistou77
KrX
welkin
billybully
spidernz
savale
parapher
zuardin
pedilover
winterstorm2050
42 posters

descriptionWinReducer 7.0 - FINAL Builds - Page 16 EmptyRe: WinReducer 7.0 - FINAL Builds

more_horiz
Thanks I forgot to look on the website :')

descriptionWinReducer 7.0 - FINAL Builds - Page 16 EmptyRe: WinReducer 7.0 - FINAL Builds

more_horiz
omgggggg i did a win lite with windows 7 professional MSDN.
I removed: all accessories (except: paint, calculator, notepad and zip) all themes, all language, all keyboards, and.... size is the same like before..  Shocked  Shocked 
Original size wim: 2,111,675 kb
After: 2,061,723 kb

why?

Thanks

more_horiz
kabino wrote:
I removed: all accessories ... size is the same like before..  Shocked  Shocked
why?
Thanks

Because you need to select "Optimizations - ISO - Windows - Delete Unneeded Editions" in order to remove all other unneeded Windows Editions from your ISO. Otherwise, your ISO will not be reduced as you wish ... Smile

KrX wrote:
hey winter, could you add this 2 things maybe in the next version ?
- "del /q /f Windows\inf\*.PNF" (maybe in unneeded files // saved 4mb @iso)
- delete part or all files at \Windows\Media (saved 4mb @iso)

Excellent ideas : I will add pnf files to be removed. But for the media folder, you need to select all "Themes - Sounds" and the folder will be removed (normally !) ... Please let me know !  Smile 

pricecaptain wrote:
I will suggest winterstorm2050 to keep the HD audio driver in preset if VM needs to work, not only just the Intel Network driver and the LSI disk driver.
Oh, by the way the Windows accounts pictures were not removed in the current build.
Located in C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows
Also the Ringtone folder there..

Hi,
Ok, I will have a look on your suggestions ! Thank you !  Very Happy
EDIT 1 : For account pictures, it's normal that "guest and administrator" bmp file are not removed ! Otherwise you will have no pictures displayed during login !
EDIT 2 : For Ringtones, this should be solved in the next version. If not please let me know.
EDIT 3 : Excellent idea for HD-Audio, I've also experienced that, so it will be added in the next WinReducer 7.0 build (DONE !)

more_horiz
winterstorm2050 wrote:

KrX wrote:
hey winter, could you add this 2 things maybe in the next version ?
- "del /q /f Windows\inf\*.PNF" (maybe in unneeded files // saved 4mb @iso)
- delete part or all files at \Windows\Media (saved 4mb @iso)

Excellent ideas : I will add pnf files to be removed. But for the media folder, you need to select all "Themes - Sounds" and the folder will be removed (normally !) ... Please let me know !  Smile 

i removed everything there was at winreducer:
    <Element Category="Remove - Themes" Name="Sounds - Afternoon" Selected="true" />
    <Element Category="Remove - Themes" Name="Sounds - Calligraphy" Selected="true" />
    <Element Category="Remove - Themes" Name="Sounds - Characters" Selected="true" />
    <Element Category="Remove - Themes" Name="Sounds - Cityscape" Selected="true" />
    <Element Category="Remove - Themes" Name="Sounds - Delta" Selected="true" />
    <Element Category="Remove - Themes" Name="Sounds - Festival" Selected="true" />
    <Element Category="Remove - Themes" Name="Sounds - Garden" Selected="true" />
    <Element Category="Remove - Themes" Name="Sounds - Heritage" Selected="true" />
    <Element Category="Remove - Themes" Name="Sounds - Landscape" Selected="true" />
    <Element Category="Remove - Themes" Name="Sounds - Quirky" Selected="true" />
    <Element Category="Remove - Themes" Name="Sounds - Raga" Selected="true" />
    <Element Category="Remove - Themes" Name="Sounds - Savanna" Selected="true" />
    <Element Category="Remove - Themes" Name="Sounds - Sonata" Selected="true" />

you mean this folders at Windows\Media\*** (***i.e Sonata) will be removed? but i want to delete ALL .wav files, like Recyceln.wav or windows***.wav ;P

--------

there are also a lot of pnf files here:

Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\***in each directory***

more_horiz
Normally, if you select all "Themes - Sounds" (like you did) the folder "Windows\Media" will be automatically removed.

Is it the case ?

more_horiz
winterstorm2050 wrote:
Normally, if you select all "Themes - Sounds" (like you did) the folder "Windows\Media" will be automatically removed.

Is it the case ?

hmm the last time i removed it manually but because i wasnt sure i tried it and it removed the Media folder, so everything is ok :=)

more_horiz
Hi

The files (in system32) for keyboard (language) are still not removed?

Thanks

PS: thanks for your great work Smile

more_horiz
winterstorm2050 wrote:
kabino wrote:
I removed: all accessories ... size is the same like before..  Shocked  Shocked
why?
Thanks

Because you need to select "Optimizations - ISO - Windows - Delete Unneeded Editions" in order to remove all other unneeded Windows Editions from your ISO. Otherwise, your ISO will not be reduced as you wish ... Smile

ok it's work but now appear this error when i try to open a task manager:

https://2img.net/h/s26.postimg.cc/m2376i089/Immagine.jpg  confused  confused

more_horiz
Hi

After deleting "Biometric"
I have always  the folder "WinBioDatabase" and "WinBioPlugIns" (with files) in System32
How to remove it?

Thanks

more_horiz
tistou77 wrote:
Hi

After deleting "Biometric"
I have always  the folder "WinBioDatabase" and "WinBioPlugIns" (with files) in System32
How to remove it?

Thanks

You can delete protected files with Unlocker or with Take Ownership

more_horiz
Yes I know but with WinReducer?

EDIT: it's good Very Happy

In Group Policy, I have more options for "Internet Explorer" (Windows components)
What I deleted?

Thanks

EDIT2: Winter, any idea if you can add "components" (service DNS, etc... for example)?

more_horiz
Guys, I found a nasty bug when I tried to install AbiWord and OpenOffice. When the programs install Visual C++ redistributable packages you will get an error, 
IF you have used the WinSXS expert option in Winreducer. It took me 3 hours to find the stupid fix.

If you have already used the WinSXS expert option you need to mount your install.wim , go to your winsxs folder and create the empty folder InstallTemp.

@Winterstorm in the next build don't delete the empty InstallTemp folder in winsxs.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This means if you don't have the InstallTemp folder in the winsxs, Visual C++ 2005, 2008, 2010 redistributable packages will fail during installation because it is so stupid that it will not create this temp folder. I guess it's due to permissions...

Let's hope this is was the last bugfix for the winsxs Wink

more_horiz
I tested WinReducer after resolving my installation problems  Very Happy 
So after comparing (even deleted components, and finally those available in WinReducer v2.99.4.1), here are the results after installation

Windows 7 x64 with all the updates and Vlite, Rt7lite and WinReducer v1 (Backup winsxs) => 5.97Go
Windows 7 x64 with all the updates and Winreducer v2.99.4.1 => 6.40Go

I'll stick with Vlite and rt7lite until WinReducer is optimized Smile

EDIT: In Group Policy, I have more options for "Internet Explorer" (Windows components) with WinReducer v2.99.4.1
What I deleted?

more_horiz
You have done something wrong! My iso is around 2,2 g
With all updates Windows 64 uktimate..:-)

more_horiz
And i only used winreduser 7 2.99.4.1 :-)

more_horiz
kiai wrote:
You have done something wrong!  My iso is around 2,2 g
With all updates Windows 64 uktimate..:-)

With 430 updates??

more_horiz
With sp1 and about 136 updates you can i ntegreted automatic wiht wi resurser , i only have ieksplorer
8 installedthough.

more_horiz
With sp1 and about 136 updates you can i ntegreted automatic wiht wi resurser , i only have ieksplorer
8 installedthough.

more_horiz
Ok, for me it's x64 SP1 and 424 updates (421 Integrated to ISO)
Not really the same thing

more_horiz
any word on 2.99.5?

more_horiz
I Dont understand why you have so many updates. Is it only for Windows ?

more_horiz
probably obtained with the help of Windows Hotfix Downloader

more_horiz
Just Strange i only have about 100 updates left after my install ..

more_horiz
I only install critcal updates. Perhaps that is the reason

more_horiz
kiai wrote:
Just Strange i only have about 100 updates left  after  my install ..

This is the WU updates Wink

more_horiz
Yes, do you install the office opdates also?

more_horiz
This is a confusing discussion... Tistou, you are not saying that your final updated iso is 6gb, are you? Are you talking about how much space the lite install takes up on your C:\ drive instead? But since kiai mentioned iso and you didn't correct him, I'm left to assume you meant iso. If that is your iso size, something is realllllyyyy wrong. My fully up to date Win7x64 install.wim with IE11 is 3.44gb, and that is with 510 updates integrated.

@kiai: You are using only updates offered on Windows Update, apparently. Most power users install all currently available updates. There are many more updates than offered on WU. WU only focuses on patching system for security, mostly, it doesn't aim to make your install or image the most up to date. Use Windows Hotfix Download by Alphawaves at MDL (MyDigitalLife forum) to have access to the Win7 and Win8.x update repos (and MS Office also).

more_horiz
Thank you parapher. I Think i understand now. I am just aiming at getting a small non bloated iso with only wu critical opdates and drivers. I must say that the version from winreduser i have installed rocks! It is faster and use less ssd space and cpu,ram :-)

more_horiz
parapher wrote:
This is a confusing discussion... Tistou, you are not saying that your final updated iso is 6gb, are you? Are you talking about how much space the lite install takes up on your C:\ drive instead? But since kiai mentioned iso and you didn't correct him, I'm left to assume you meant iso. If that is your iso size, something is realllllyyyy wrong. My fully up to date Win7x64 install.wim with IE11 is 3.44gb, and that is with 510 updates integrated.

@kiai: You are using only updates offered on Windows Update, apparently. Most power users install all currently available updates. There are many more updates than offered on WU. WU only focuses on patching system for security, mostly, it doesn't aim to make your install or image the most up to date. Use Windows Hotfix Download by Alphawaves at MDL (MyDigitalLife forum) to have access to the Win7 and Win8.x update repos (and MS Office also).

My ISO is 2.68Gb with Winreducer, 2.30Gb with Vlite and rt7lite Wink

tistou77 wrote:
I tested WinReducer after resolving my installation problems  Very Happy 
So after comparing (even deleted components, and finally those available in WinReducer v2.99.4.1), here are the results after installation

Windows 7 x64 with all the updates and Vlite, Rt7lite and WinReducer v1 (Backup winsxs) => 5.97Go
Windows 7 x64 with all the updates and Winreducer v2.99.4.1 => 6.40Go

more_horiz
Hello guys,

I'm finally back to work on WinReducer 7.0 and 8.1 !

erio wrote:
any word on 2.99.5?

Yes, I will release it this week end so stay tune my friend ....

Torrentus wrote:
If you have already used the WinSXS expert option you need to mount your install.wim , go to your winsxs folder and create the empty folder InstallTemp.

@Winterstorm in the next build don't delete the empty InstallTemp folder in winsxs.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Let's hope this is was the last bugfix for the winsxs Wink

Hey Torrentus, I've added your fix in v2.99.5. Thank you so much for your researches !

tistou77 wrote:
My ISO is 2.68Gb with Winreducer, 2.30Gb with Vlite and rt7lite Wink

Hello tistou77, could you please tell me if your size is for a reduced ISO or not ? I think that's a Windows Updates integration trouble, because WinReducer didn't use a cleanup process after integration. Are you able to confirm that by creating non reduced ISO ? (1 with RT7lite or vlite and another 1 with WinReducer = and compare sizes). But you need to also take care at the components names, they are slightly different in all 3 software !

EDIT : Tistou, wiith WinReducer did you use "EXPERT - WinSXS Folder Cleanup" ?
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum