The WinReducer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The WinReducer ForumLog in

FORUM

WinReducer 7.0 - FINAL Builds

+38
greenworld
scarface
alecuba16
qbert79
foobar
BrianValentine
ntuser1
phox13
Y314K
geblex
Echap
taso
Mesen
xuke771
aymaliev
home7ech
Forseti
erio
kiai
kabino
pricecaptain
ltGuillaume
rami7250
roguebert
highend
exe98123q
babyboom666
Torrentus
tistou77
KrX
welkin
billybully
spidernz
savale
parapher
zuardin
pedilover
winterstorm2050
42 posters

descriptionWinReducer 7.0 - FINAL Builds - Page 4 EmptyRe: WinReducer 7.0 - FINAL Builds

more_horiz
Hello guys,

Thank you for your feedbacks !

parapher wrote:
I tried running WinReducer on an updated Win7 Pro several times but it's always giving me trouble. I get the "cannot find drivers" error during Setup, but I haven't selected to remove any drivers. I tried inserting a different boot.wim in the iso's I tested to see if it was somehow messing with the boot.wim drivers, but that didn't help either. So it has to be something it's doing to the install.wim. I did select to remove the WinSxS stuff so it could be that is the problem.

1. You are maybe right, because when you use "Optimizations - EXPERT - WinSXS Cleanup", it cleans both install.wim and boot.wim. But do you use virtualbox to test ? Because I'm using VMware Player (Free) and it works wonderfully, even with all "Expert" options selected associated to all components removed : on x86 ISO : install.wim size = 421MB (with latest build). And it works !
2. I'm not using an ISO with all latest updates integrated, so you may be also right about that. I need to dig on this ....

pedilover wrote:
The SFX section(OEM) does not work for me, my proggies are all not integrated. There appeares no window when it is integrated.

1. Do you mean "System - WinReducer Post Installation - OEM folder" ?
2. For Drivers, are you trying to integrate "unsigned drivers" ? Because WinReducer does not support them.

@All: I will do some tests today with VirtualBox and with an ISO with latest updates !

@KrX, parapher: Did you remove "Windows Licences" ? Are you able to try without removing them ?

descriptionWinReducer 7.0 - FINAL Builds - Page 4 EmptyRe: WinReducer 7.0 - FINAL Builds

more_horiz
Finished testing with VirtualBox and it works as good as VMware Player !

more_horiz
Hi Winterstorm,

yes, I mean WinReducer Post Installation - OEM folder .
It would be good when you make possible that unsigned drivers are integrated, because I've tested them on my running system. I extract the drivers with drivermax that only those ones are integrated which I really need. 
Regards

more_horiz
@winterstorm2050

yes i removed "Windows Licences", i removed also ALL other compoents available.

So now i tried again with an untouched iso, just removing step by step this features:

Internet Explorere  
Windows Tablet PC
XPS Viewer and Printer
Printing - Fax and Scan Services

and i didnt get any error..hmm

so i tried removing first the "Windows Licences" and than remove the features, and didnt get the error so somthing else is causing it

i will do some more tests

-----------------

just removing the Windows Licences i saw this "bug" in counting "6 / 2" Razz

WinReducer 7.0 - FINAL Builds - Page 4 Furj2kao
---------------------------------
one more question winter

why is winreducer not doing saving the win file by default?
because there are 2 options

save in wim file
save as iso

in both options it saves the wim file

so why not saving it after the removing? and just asking if the user wants to create an iso? if no winreducer gets back to the launcher. and if yes it opens the window to create the iso, and the splitting option could be in the tools section?

more_horiz
so winter

after testing i found out that EXPERT - WinSXS Cleanup is causing this error

if i use this first and at a second try i remove the features this error appears
if i FIRST remove the features and in a second try i do this expert option the error dont appear

so if the errors cant be fixxed (but i hope they can) the features should be removed befor the expert option (if someone does it in one step). If someone like me first does the expert option and does a second try this 4 featues should be grayed out or so (but really only if the errors cant be fixxed)

more_horiz
hey it´s me again Razz

i thought it would maybe a good idea to know what vlite is removing when only "WinSxS cleanup" is selected

so i tried with an untouched x64 Professional N iso AND ONLY the WinSxS cleanup

i dont know if WinReducer is cleaning some or a lot of them too, but here are 3 files what is deleted from install.wim

http://www23.zippyshare.com/v/85722579/file.html
http://www23.zippyshare.com/v/66215497/file.html
http://www23.zippyshare.com/v/62722508/file.html

i splitted it in 3 parts that are cleaned from

Windows\    (~1200 files)
WinSxS\     (~200 files)
WinSxS\Manifests\   (~31000 files)  oO

so when all components are available in WinReducer i will try to find all those files that are not removed so maybe it could be improved

more_horiz
Hey guys,

KrX wrote:
@ winterstorm
i didnt use ever ths game explorer but (fresh untouched windows) when i start that game explorer thing, this "folder" is empty,

1. Sorry, but my questions was : do you have a folder named "FreeCell" in "Program Files\Microsoft Games" ?
2. I also correct your bugs and add some improvements you asked !  Wink 
3. I separate these 2 options ("save in wim file" and "save as iso"), because like this if you need to configure by yourself (like manually add OEM folder, ...) your customized windows edition before creating install.wim. This has been requested some times ago ...  Very Happy 
4. Excellent work for for "Expert - WinSXS Cleanup". I've added a temporary English message to inform about the possibility of selecting this option could hang your installation, until a fix will be included.
5. Good idea with Vlite and please let me know what you find ...  Very Happy 

more_horiz
Guys, I will release a v2.99.6 today, because I'm validating it to be released ... So if everything is not bad  Laughing it will be available later today with :

- All "Accessories"
- All "Control Panels"
- "Network - Connect to a Network Projector"
- "Network - Sharing (Shell Extensions)"
- "Tweaks - Start Menu" : too much to be listed
- Various Improvements (KrX  Very Happy )

See you soon my friends ...

After this release I will stop for few days to work on it ... Because I will continue working on WinReducer 8.1 - v1.02 ... But don't worry, I will be back on WinReducer 7.0 v3.00 next week !

more_horiz
CLOSING : v2.99.1.3 - End of Feedbacks and Support posts !

more_horiz
STARTING : v2.99.1.6 - Begin of Feedbacks and Support posts !

This is a huge update with everything available, so take care when you will test it ... use the steps by steps method ... Very Happy

It works great for me (in VMware Player) even with all "Optimizations - EXPERT" activated ...

x64 ISO size : 801 MB (with all "Optimizations - EXPERT" activated)
x86 ISO size : 545 MB (with all "Optimizations - EXPERT" activated)

I will start adding all the work done by billybully and KrX next week !

more_horiz
winterstorm2050 wrote:
Hey guys,

KrX wrote:
@ winterstorm
i didnt use ever ths game explorer but (fresh untouched windows) when i start that game explorer thing, this "folder" is empty,

1. Sorry, but my questions was : do you have a folder named "FreeCell" in "Program Files\Microsoft Games" ?

hey,

i looked again, and i dont even got a foder named Microsoft Games in Program Files

more_horiz
Cool, will run the latest build to see if it works Smile

more_horiz
some things i just found:(i removed NEARLY EVERYTHING i could)

at C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs

- a folder "Games" is still present
- Windows Anytime Upgrade link is still present

at Windows\Resources

- Easy of Access Theme is still present

at Windows\Web

- all Wallpaper are still present

at Programm Files\

- Windows Defender folder + files

at Programm Files (x86)\

- Windows Defender folder + files

at User Account Pictures

- Default Pictures still exist

At Program data\Microsoft

- Windows defender + files

at Panel Control

- Windows CardSpace exists (doesnt work but could be added to WinReducer)

and i dont know why but i can just logoff and "block or disable" (dont know what stands there in english) my user, no restart or shutdown
i used a lot of tweaks also the CTRL.... ones but that shouldnt happen

also the tweaks to open folders at start didnt work

My .iso is now 968Mb bit ;)thats nice too Razz
so if you add the reduction of the boot.wim my iso will be only 90Mb bigger (with a iso reduced by WinReducer) than doing it with 5 tools ;=)

PS: when will the Preset Editor be enabled?

EDIT: iso is now 924Mb just with WinReducer

EDIT 2: ok the Windows Defender folders disappeard when i removed the service Windows Defender

more_horiz
OK guys, what kind of ISO's are you using, just unupdated SP1 Win7 ISO's, or? Has anyone tried this with updated ISO's with IE11 integrated?

more_horiz
I m using Windows 7 Professional N x64

i tried once to update it with just the updates it needs and it got more than 1.2 Gb bigger. I couldnt use it on vlite and also some more reduction resulted in a corrupt installation.

And because i normaly dont use windows update (because it fails each time) billybully could convince me to not integrate them

A ruduced iso was almost 700mb smaller without updates.

more_horiz
This is definitely true. Well, one of the things I noticed is that I could use vLite on fully updated Win7 images (either updated via offline integration, or using sysprep) all the way up to spring of 2013, at which time I didn't make lite images for a while. Then, a lot of platform-type updates came out for Win7, as well as the DirectX 11.1 update, etc. So when I tried vLite again in recent times, vLite failed during prep process. I have since tried with several updated images but the results are the same.

So when WinReducer 7 came back around the corner, I tried to use the updated images again but so far no luck. I haven't tried original ISO's yet because it would be rather useful for the OS to be updated as Win7 is otherwise outdated so badly (due to no SP2). One thing that *might* be possible is to make an updated image but without IE11 integrated (and perhaps 1 or 2 platform updates) and see how that goes. Some of the updates that have come out since Win8 was out are major updates for Win7 so I'd kind of hate to exclude all those just to make a lite build. But if somehow lite images could be made from fully updated images, that would of course be great. Meaning, to have lite images confined to original SP ISO's would be rather limiting. To put it in another way (IMO): original SP1 Win7 images and updated Win7 as of 2014 are very different animals.

If I have some time I'll try to pinpoint which update(s) is the culprit, but it may be hard to determine.

more_horiz
Hey guys,

@KrX:
1) I will see for cardspace
2) "Preset Editor" will be available in the next build
3) I will improve even more in the cleanup in the future

@parapher:
1) I will try with an updated ISO, to see what I could do.
And I'm absolutely agree with you about the fact that even with latest updates WinReducer should work. So I will try to found out why it's broken.
But in the meantime, could you please remind me what kind of troubles you experienced with a Windows 7 updated and with WinReducer 7.0.

more_horiz
parapher wrote:
This is definitely true. Well, one of the things I noticed is that I could use vLite on fully updated Win7 images (either updated via offline integration, or using sysprep) all the way up to spring of 2013, at which time I didn't make lite images for a while. Then, a lot of platform-type updates came out for Win7, as well as the DirectX 11.1 update, etc. So when I tried vLite again in recent times, vLite failed during prep process. I have since tried with several updated images but the results are the same.

So when WinReducer 7 came back around the corner, I tried to use the updated images again but so far no luck. I haven't tried original ISO's yet because it would be rather useful for the OS to be updated as Win7 is otherwise outdated so badly (due to no SP2). One thing that *might* be possible is to make an updated image but without IE11 integrated (and perhaps 1 or 2 platform updates) and see how that goes. Some of the updates that have come out since Win8 was out are major updates for Win7 so I'd kind of hate to exclude all those just to make a lite build. But if somehow lite images could be made from fully updated images, that would of course be great. Meaning, to have lite images confined to original SP ISO's would be rather limiting. To put it in another way (IMO): original SP1 Win7 images and updated Win7 as of 2014 are very different animals.

If I have some time I'll try to pinpoint which update(s) is the culprit, but it may be hard to determine.

For Vlite does not work with integrated hotfix is because of the hotfix for USB (KB2862330-v2 and KB2895729-v2)

Must integrate these 2 hotfix after have use Vlite

more_horiz
@parapher: While I'm digging for a good solution to download updates, I've found that :
http://www.wincert.net/forum/topic/10811-14-f%C3%A9vrier-2014-updates-packs-gdr-windows-7-sp1/

The guy, who created this, separates all updates which could be slipstreamed into windows, and the other ones which can't be. I will try to create an updated ISO with this solution, because there is no software to install, just to download both packages.

more_horiz
Dudes, I've been sick, lol. I apparently had something to eat in a bad state. My body has been eliminating the toxic elements for two days, and it is now recovering substantially well.

I couldn't help but notice though that KrX said his boot.wim file was 69.4 MB. After running the three scripts plus the added lines, my boot.wim file stays at a very pleasant 68.2 MB. Just a heads up.

Also, I love the shiny gold in my username. Thank you, Winter!! And I will try your software as soon as I get better!

Peace out.

PS: Trying Debian for the first time. Anybody here likes Linux? Lol.

more_horiz
@billibully: Hope you feel better ...  drunken 

@parapher: I've successfully installed a reduced (and updated) windows 7 sp1 iso with winreducer 7.0 - v2.99.1.7 (not yet released !).

Size for winreducer 7.0 - v2.99.1.7 (not yet released !) :

- x64 ISO without updates : 789 MB (with "EXPERT" options)

- x64 ISO with updates : 845 MB (with "EXPERT" options)

- x86 ISO without updates : 494 MB (with "EXPERT" options)

This is how I did :
1) Extract "7SP1_X64_Pack_2014-02.rar" (from link I gave you in my last post) in "WORK -> INTEGRATE -> UPDATES -> x64" folder
2) Integrate all updates using winreducer 7.0 and create an iso
3) Mount the new updated ISO and reduced it

==> No troubles during the entire process

more_horiz
hey winter

im looking at the moment the what vlite removes (like i posted before) @ install.wim

at WinSxS\Manifests WinReducer removes all files like vlite.

I m going at the moment throught WinSxS

but i saw that at

System32
SysWOW64

there are still other languages than (for me) de-DE

EDIT:

WinReducer also deleted everything what vlite does in WinSxS Razz

i will get a look at WinSxS maybe i found something that can be reduced ;=)

more_horiz
Thank you SO much for testing that, winter! Also, thank you tistou for the vLite comment, I will certainly bear that in mind, too. (I just checked, and yes, KB2862330-v2 was one of the integrated updates in my ISO.)

Wow, so much progress going on, this is going to be a killer tool Very Happy

more_horiz
hey its me again Razz

i could reduce 16 more Mb from WinSxS, and now this folder just got 16 folders in it Razz

ON A x64 ISO ---> install.wim

at WinSxS:

it is save (for me but should be tested) to remove ALL "x86..........." folders

also here are some more folder (languages) that can be removed. Here is a list of ALL languages, so there just  need to be kept the once in your language (for me de-DE which are the first 4 folders, better said 2 because i dont need x86)

Spoiler :

also at WinSxS\Manifests i could remove ALL "x86......" AND "wow64......" AND "msil......" files

my install.wim is now 750Mb and my iso 908Mb

i will also get a look at the winsxs\filemaps folder tomorrow

but for now im going to sleep, its 03.30 Am Razz

more_horiz
Holy crap. Great job, KrX!!!

more_horiz
hello

im trying at the moment to fix an error at the Manifests folder
i could remove more than 5000 files and all is still working but doing that the installation fails when using an unattended file, without one the installation is OK

but i removed some files and folders WinReducer need to be optimized, folders like other languages or user pictures etc and my iso went 42Mb down, its now at 859Mb (and didnt reduce the boot.wim in any way but if my iso would be near 800mb Razz)

Ps my installed x64 Os is now 2,2Gb excluded pagefile.sys etc

more_horiz
KrX wrote:
m trying at the moment to fix an error at the Manifests folder
i could remove more than 5000 files and all is still working but doing that the installation fails when using an unattended file, without one the installation is OK

When I WinReduced an updated Win7 x64 ISO I had this same problem, error with unattend file.

more_horiz
parapher wrote:
KrX wrote:
m trying at the moment to fix an error at the Manifests folder

When I WinReduced an updated Win7 x64 ISO I had this same problem, error with unattend file.

hmm ok, but i tried on and iso without updates, but the error i got hast to do something with the files i deleted.

but i will need some more days for that because i got only little time on this weekend

and im trying to find 2 errors i get when deleting something from WinReducer.

1. i cant create new users. The "link" to create a new user dont work
2. desktop --> right click ---> appearance dont work i get an error something with Explorer.exe

both errors happen when i use ONLY WinReducer with an untouched iso

more_horiz
@parapher and tistou77 : I solved a trouble when using "Unattended - Hide Boot Image Selection" which do not select the good "INDEX" when using it. Or wait tomorrow for WinReducer 7.0 - v2.99.1.7 ... as well as WinReducer 8.1 - v1.02 ...  Smile
Maybe you could also try to keep all "Windows Licenses" to see if that solved your bug ...

more_horiz
Just to be sure, I did not select any of the unattend options, nor did I touch the boot.wim stuff. I tried only to reduce the install.wim, so the autounattend.xml I always use (from the boot.wim only, that works best for USB install too) was still in the boot.wim, unaltered. But when you release the next version I'll test it again and see, maybe I can solve why it is doing that and I don't want you to worry about something that may only be happening at my end :)Thanks
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum