The WinReducer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The WinReducer ForumLog in

FORUM

WinReducer 7.0 - FINAL Builds

+38
greenworld
scarface
alecuba16
qbert79
foobar
BrianValentine
ntuser1
phox13
Y314K
geblex
Echap
taso
Mesen
xuke771
aymaliev
home7ech
Forseti
erio
kiai
kabino
pricecaptain
ltGuillaume
rami7250
roguebert
highend
exe98123q
babyboom666
Torrentus
tistou77
KrX
welkin
billybully
spidernz
savale
parapher
zuardin
pedilover
winterstorm2050
42 posters

descriptionWinReducer 7.0 - FINAL Builds - Page 2 EmptyRe: WinReducer 7.0 - FINAL Builds

more_horiz
Hello, gentlemen...

WinReducer 7.0 - FINAL Builds - Page 2 Untitl10

This is a fully working 64 bit Windows 7 image I created just a while ago. I tested it, and I found no problems with it at all. I think I just broke a world record, dudes, lol. The problem is that I accomplished this with the help of FOUR applications. It would be wonderful to do this with just one application (and this is where Winter shows up, lol).

Also:

WinReducer 7.0 - FINAL Builds - Page 2 Untitl11

Fully working too Smile. I think this should be your goal with WinReducer 7, Winter. If you need any help, I will be glad to serve you.

PS: I can upload my boot.wim for you guys. Would you like that so you can study it?

descriptionWinReducer 7.0 - FINAL Builds - Page 2 EmptyRe: WinReducer 7.0 - FINAL Builds

more_horiz
billybully wrote:
Hello, gentlemen...

WinReducer 7.0 - FINAL Builds - Page 2 Untitl10

This is a fully working 64 bit Windows 7 image I created just a while ago. I tested it, and I found no problems with it at all. I think I just broke a world record, dudes, lol. The problem is that I accomplished this with the help of FOUR applications. It would be wonderful to do this with just one application (and this is where Winter shows up, lol).

that would be nice Wink
even it that would be an "experimental" or "expert" option Razz

Also:

[img]
PS: I can upload my boot.wim for you guys. Would you like that so you can study it?

sure i would Wink

more_horiz
hey

i got some things:

when i load a wccf this field is empty:

WinReducer 7.0 - FINAL Builds - Page 2 E9hnxygq

but it should be selected as you see on the picture

when i reduce my win7 i cant add a new user (default or admin rights)
i get this "error" that i cant use the symbols shown (but i use "admin" ???)

WinReducer 7.0 - FINAL Builds - Page 2 3wohnorw

hmm after step by step using the optimizations i didnt get that blue screen i posted earlier..

more_horiz
Hello guys,

@KrX :
1. Unneeded Windows Editions removing : Works for me with a no "N" ISO.

2. Gadgets : This is normal, because it only removes (for the moment) gadgets, Windows Sidebar will be available in "Features" tab.

3. User Account Group : It will be fixed in v2.99.1.1 (this only happens when you use a different language than English)

4. Windows User creation : I tried and it worked for me

Thank you KrX !

@billybully :
1. Yes, I would like to a create an all in one software with the best removing process, to avoid the need of those 4 different software ...  Wink  Your work is amazing, and of course if you want to share it with us, I will be more than happy to include it in WinReducer 7.0 - v3.xx. But I think that the KrX's idea is the best way to avoid troubles for beginners : create one or more new "Expert" option(s) dedicated to this huge windows reducing !

2. No need to send your files just use this command line, and send the resulting file : (I remember you that no Windows files or ISO could be available in the forum)
ImageX.exe /dir "%YOUR_EXTRACTED_FOLDER%\sources\install.wim" "%YOUR_EDITIONS_NUMBER%" > "%USERPROFILE%\WR7_billybully_FilesList_Boot_v1.00.txt"

You just need to replace "%YOUR_EXTRACTED_FOLDER%" and "%YOUR_EDITIONS_NUMBER%" by the good ones. You will find the file in your User profile folder. If you need more help, tell me ... It also work for install.wim file ...  Wink

more_horiz
CLOSING : v2.99.1.0 - End of Feedbacks and Support posts !

more_horiz
STARTING : v2.99.1.1 - Begin Feedbacks and Support posts !

more_horiz
@Winterstorm

it would be nice if you could add a changelog so we would know whats done and we can test that Wink

EDIT:

ah ok i saw the changelog in the WinReucer folder Razz

more_horiz
Wow, great tip, Winter Smile. Didn't know that. I did it, and you can download the result in the following link:

boot.wim

Just out of curiosity, what can you do with that list of files? I would be overwhelmed if I could create a batch file that deletes everything except for what's in that list. It would be awesome!! That would save SO much time...

Here's the install.wim result:

install.wim

more_horiz
@winterstorm2050

the removing of other versions doesnt work for me: (used a clean .iso and just selected the removal of versions)

<Element Category="Remove - Windows Editions" Name="Windows Starter" Selected="true" />
<Element Category="Remove - Windows Editions" Name="Windows Home Basic" Selected="true" />
<Element Category="Remove - Windows Editions" Name="Windows Home Premium" Selected="true" />
<Element Category="Remove - Windows Editions" Name="Windows Enterprise" Selected="true" />
<Element Category="Remove - Windows Editions" Name="Windows Professional" Selected="DEFAULT" />
<Element Category="Remove - Windows Editions" Name="Windows Ultimate" Selected="true" />

and after starting WinReducer again befor mounting it shows me again all versions.

im using "Windows 7 Professional N X17-59327.iso" (Windows 7 Professional N x64 German)

------------------

all other "bugs" where fixxed

EDIT:

when i just select to remove the other versions they are still there BUT if i select all items which are available to remove, the other versions are deleted too.
stange thing

more_horiz
Hi winterstorm,

all drivers have been integreted (I've extracted them before with the proggie "drivermax"), but the hotfix integration is not running at all on my system ?!Nonetheless it is a good start !! Go on coding !
Regards

more_horiz
@billybully: Thank you, for the files, and if you have time to create the batch file. I just don't want to bother you but, yes that would be awesome !

@KrX: Maybe something is not clear enough in the name "Remove - Windows Editions", because it removes all according files in Windows (like "Accessories - Notepad" for example); but not Windows Editions in the ISO. If you want to only keep your windows edition in your ISO, you need to use "Optimizations - ISO - Windows - Delete Unneeded Editions" !
I could change the name "Remove - Windows Editions" by something else if you have a better idea ...

KrX wrote:
ah ok i saw the changelog in the WinReducer folder Razz

lol! 

@pedilover: Thanks, and could you please tell more about how do you do your hotfix integration to try to reproduce the bug ...

more_horiz
winterstorm2050 wrote:

@KrX: Maybe something is not clear enough in the name "Remove - Windows Editions", because it removes all according files in Windows (like "Accessories - Notepad" for example); but not Windows Editions in the ISO. If you want to only keep your windows edition in your ISO, you need to use "Optimizations - ISO - Windows - Delete Unneeded Editions" !
I could change the name "Remove - Windows Editions" by something else if you have a better idea ...

Ah ok now i understand Wink

i was a little bit confused because i saw "Remove - Windows Editions" and than all other Editions where listed to select, so i thought it would remove the Edition itself

maybe something like

"Remove - Only files from other Windows Editions"
"Optimizations - ISO - Windows - Delete All Unneeded Editions"

or someone got a better idea

more_horiz
Why don't you combine both options? After all, the average user will think that by selecting "Remove - Windows Editions - Starter", the Starter Edition from their ISO will get removed. It is, as KrX said, confusing to have two options. Remove the "Optimizations - ISO" option, and combine it with the "Remove - Windows Editions".

more_horiz
Hi Winterstorm,

I store all the MS hotfixes in a folder on "C" called " WIN7_x64_IE11_Updatepack". All updates are in german language.
I can see popping up the DOS window when integrating the drivers but nothing when it should integrate the hotfixes of Billysoft!
Regards

more_horiz
CLOSING : v2.99.1.1 - End of Feedbacks and Support posts !

more_horiz
STARTING : v2.99.1.2 - Begin Feedbacks and Support posts !

more_horiz
Hello guys,

@billybully and KrX :
Thank you for your ideas, so I renamed it to "Remove - Windows Licences", because those files are necessary, if you want to upgrade to another windows editions from within Windows

@pedilover:
The bug with windows updates should be fix with this build (v2.99.1.2), if you could confirm me, it should be great. thank you.

Very Happy

more_horiz
Thanks for the hard work already.

I will test v2.99.1.2 when it's available on windows 7 x64 enterprise.

more_horiz
You are welcome !

v2.99.1.2 is already compatible with Enterprise edition, and I'm really interesting with your feedback because I need feedbacks with Windows 7 Enterprise (especially mount/unmount process, windows licences detection, iso creation). Thank you !

more_horiz
@Winterstorm
Now the hotfix integration runs. But the same problem exists with Winreducer 8.1 ! I know I must post it in the other forum, it's ok.
Regards

more_horiz
@Winterstorm:

just mounted a windows 7 enterprise x64 succesfully. It's now integrating hotfixes & updates and removing all components that are possible (just as a test)

The result:
my final iso: 2,1 GB. The installed size is about 4,1gb
The installation went smooth.  Cool 

Next thing I will do is see if I can find any bugs on the removed components.

So far so good. Looking forward for more functionality. Thanks so far!

more_horiz
OK, excellent, thank you very much for your feedback !

more_horiz
Hi winter, thanks for focusing on this excellent project. Win7 rules! Very Happy

I have not had the time recently to play with this yet, but this morning I tried out 2.99.1.2 a bit. I will definitely devote some time to this because it's a very worthy project. I also noted BillyBully's remarkable results, so hopefully all of us together can make it great.

I think, so far, that to get the ISO reduced significantly, it is still heavily relying on removal of WinSxS. Without touching or compressing WinSxS, the reductions I was able to get were rather small (one try only yielded a reduction of 50+mb on a 3.6gb install.wim (updated)). So we need to find out where the  areas of reduction are for Win7 as with vLite I used to be able to reduce around 1gb of space on a Win7 x64, without touching WinSxS specifically, and without removing any drivers. (I was able to reduce more when also selecting drivers, but got install error in VirtualBox due to missing drivers.)

But like I said I've not put much time into testing yet, so some of these remarks may not stay true :)I'm currently doing a reduction with WinSxS removal but with drivers kept, so we'll see how that one turns out. I think with vLite I used to be able to reduce a lot by taking out Tablet PC features, Languages, and Natural Language, but also Speech Support. Those really knocked it down in size a lot for me. But the last time I tried vLite on an updated Win7 iso it wouldn't work for me anymore, but I haven't tried it since. We could do a comparison of what is deleted when certain features are removed in vLite and then see what WinReducer removes when selecting similar removals. I remember I mentioned some of those things with earlier incarnations of the project but then Win8.1 came along so then there was little time for you, I understand.

Anyway, looking forward to progress on this project, great work so far Very Happy

more_horiz
Thank you parapher for your interest !

I will release v2.99.3 tomorrow with Windows Features and "Remove - Network" components, if everything is OK ...  Wink

more_horiz
OK, guys. I've PARTIALLY finished the batch script for the boot.wim file reduction. It currently optimizes the System32 folder and its children. The instructions are as follows:

1. Mount your boot.wim.
2. Place the script in the System32 folder (make sure to take full ownership of the folder).
3. Run the script.

NOTES: THIS MAY OR MAY NOT WORK WITH BOOT.WIM FILES IN LANGUAGES OTHER THAN ENGLISH FROM THE US (this is where you guys show up and test it for me Razz lol). ALSO, THIS REMOVES A LOT OF DRIVERS BUILT INTO THE BOOT.WIM, SO IT MAY OR MAY NOT WORK FOR YOUR SYSTEM (it works perfectly with my computer).

Without further ado, here's the link to the batch script c: (I need to rest a little bit):

http://www.mediafire.com/download/y5orqsgt6x9vif9/SYSTEM32.BAT

more_horiz
@billybully

i tested your batch file (just needed to change all "en-EN" to "de-DE" because i use german language)

and also the other tipps you posted here:

https://forum.winreducer.net/t448-empty-folders-files-links-to-remove

(like deleting files from WinSxS etc)

and my boot.wim file is now 74,3Mb (iso file is 825Mb)

and all is working for me

more_horiz
That's great news, man Smile. Thank you for the feedback. From tomorrow on, I'll have a lot of free time, and I will start writing up a guide so you guys know how exactly I reduced my ISO Smile. And I will finish writing up the batch script for the rest of the boot.wim. It was really exciting to write the last one lol Embarassed.

Winter, are you willing to try my batch script too? Maybe you can include it in WinReducer 7 as an expert only option Very Happy.

more_horiz
billybully wrote:

Winter, are you willing to try my batch script too? Maybe you can include it in WinReducer 7 as an expert only option Very Happy.

that would be nice Razz

but it need to be done so that it knows what language the user uses and than change the language path.

PS: why didnt you delete these files?? :

Code:

System32\config

SOFTWARE{2dbcd4e1-8def-11e3-941f-14dae9e59fe5}.TM.blf
SOFTWARE{2dbcd4e1-8def-11e3-941f-14dae9e59fe5}.TMContainer00000000000000000001.regtrans-ms
SOFTWARE{2dbcd4e1-8def-11e3-941f-14dae9e59fe5}.TMContainer00000000000000000002.regtrans-ms

more_horiz
What? I didn't? Your boot.wim file is different from mine then. Or maybe the name of the files change. I don't know. I'll check tomorrow. But, in any case, you can safely remove them. I'll start playing with the NLS files tomorrow too :razz:.

more_horiz
Hello guys,

AMAZING WORK billybully ! Thank you very much ! You deserve a good rest my friend !
 cheers 

Of course, I will integrate your batch files as "Expert" options, and thanks to KrX, I will adapt it to support default ISO language.

@billybully: could you please tell me when your files will be ready to be integrated in WinReducer 7.0 - v3.xx

@KrX: if you find something else to adapt, I will be interested. Thank you for your feedbacks !

==> I'm thinking about hiding all "EXPERT" options, by default, to avoid troubles for beginners. You will just have to manually change a value in the "WinReducer.xml" file to activate it or maybe I could create a dedicated EXPERT edition. Could you please tell me your opinion ?
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum