The WinReducer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The WinReducer ForumLog in

FORUM

WinReducer 7.0 - FINAL Builds

+38
greenworld
scarface
alecuba16
qbert79
foobar
BrianValentine
ntuser1
phox13
Y314K
geblex
Echap
taso
Mesen
xuke771
aymaliev
home7ech
Forseti
erio
kiai
kabino
pricecaptain
ltGuillaume
rami7250
roguebert
highend
exe98123q
babyboom666
Torrentus
tistou77
KrX
welkin
billybully
spidernz
savale
parapher
zuardin
pedilover
winterstorm2050
42 posters

descriptionWinReducer 7.0 - FINAL Builds - Page 17 EmptyRe: WinReducer 7.0 - FINAL Builds

more_horiz
Hello Winter

So,
With all the Windows updates integrated and with Vlite and rt7lite => ISO: 2.30Gb, after install: 5.97Gb
With all the Windows updates integrated and with WinReducer => ISO: 2.67Gb, after install: 6.40Gb

Normally I deleted the same things with WinReducer that with Vlite and Rt7lite (but missing services in WinReducer)
I compared the files "presets" to be sure to remove the same things, but I have may be forgotten "components" in WinReducer Smile 

You want the .ini files to check?

And I don't use "EXPERT - xxxx" Wink

Thanks Smile

PS: in Group Policy, I have more options for "Internet Explorer" (Windows components) with WinReducer v2.99.4.1
What I deleted?

descriptionWinReducer 7.0 - FINAL Builds - Page 17 EmptyRe: WinReducer 7.0 - FINAL Builds

more_horiz
@tistou: OK, gotcha, you didn't disclose what you removed with any of the programs, so it was a bit large for a lite iso (or otherwise small for a full updated one) Smile

more_horiz
Guys,

I've just tried v2.99.5.0 and :
- Integrate Drivers : OK
- Integrate Updates : OK

- And only used these WinReducer 7 components :

<Element Category="Optimizations" Name="ISO - Windows - Delete Unneeded Editions" Selected="true" />
   <Element Category="Optimizations" Name="ISO - Windows - Unneeded Files Cleanup" Selected="true" />
   <Element Category="Optimizations" Name="Windows - Unneeded Files Cleanup" Selected="true" />
   <Element Category="Optimizations" Name="Windows - WinSXS Backup Folder Cleanup" Selected="true" />
   <Element Category="Optimizations" Name="EXPERT - Net Framework Folder Cleanup" Selected="true" />
   <Element Category="Optimizations" Name="EXPERT - WinSXS Folder Cleanup" Selected="true" />

==> Installation OK with a x64 ISO size : 2.45 Gb (139 updates integrated) [Without using WR7 components : 3.63 Gb]

more_horiz
parapher wrote:
@tistou: OK, gotcha, you didn't disclose what you removed with any of the programs, so it was a bit large for a lite iso (or otherwise small for a full updated one) Smile

Wink

These are the ini files.
If someone want to check that I have forgotten nothing compared to Vlite and Rt7lite

https://www.mediafire.com/?dll7qyg73r0b5l8

Thanks so much Smile

more_horiz
winterstorm2050 wrote:
Guys,

I've just tried v2.99.5.0 and :
- Integrate Drivers : OK
- Integrate Updates : OK

- And only used these WinReducer 7 components :

<Element Category="Optimizations" Name="ISO - Windows - Delete Unneeded Editions" Selected="true" />
   <Element Category="Optimizations" Name="ISO - Windows - Unneeded Files Cleanup" Selected="true" />
   <Element Category="Optimizations" Name="Windows - Unneeded Files Cleanup" Selected="true" />
   <Element Category="Optimizations" Name="Windows - WinSXS Backup Folder Cleanup" Selected="true" />
   <Element Category="Optimizations" Name="EXPERT - Net Framework Folder Cleanup" Selected="true" />
   <Element Category="Optimizations" Name="EXPERT - WinSXS Folder Cleanup" Selected="true" />

==> Installation OK with a x64 ISO size : 2.45 Gb (139 updates integrated) [Without using WR7 components : 3.63 Gb]

great! where is the download link?  Very Happy

more_horiz
@Winterstorm
Glad to hear, That Thema drivers were integrated with the new version, but what is about the sfx-addons integrated with the oem / oobe section ?
Are they also integrated?
Regards

more_horiz
Forseti wrote:
great! where is the download link?  Very Happy
Hello, as soon as I will validate it, so it could be today or tomorrow !  Wink

pedilover wrote:
@Winterstorm
Glad to hear, That Thema drivers were integrated with the new version, but what is about the sfx-addons integrated with the oem / oobe section ?
Are they also integrated?
Regards
Hello, are you able to provide me a link for an example ?

more_horiz
CLOSING : v2.99.4.1 - End of Feedbacks and Support posts !

more_horiz
STARTING : v2.99.5.0 - Begin of Feedbacks and Support posts !

CHANGELOG :

EDIT : The package download link has changed, so please use the 1st post to download from the correct location !  Very Happy

more_horiz
Hi

I re check presets Vlite, Rt7lite and WinReducer, and that's what I have not found in WinReducer

Service to remove

• Mobility Center
  • Mobile PC Presentation
  • OpticalMediaDisc
  • Modems (Not sure)
  • Internet Information Services (IIS)
  • Windows Collaboration
  • DNS Client
  • IP helper
  • Media center extented service
  • Server (LanmanServer)
  • Smart Card (SCardSvr)
  • Smart Card Removal policy (SCPolicySvc)
  • Windows Media Player Network Sharing (WMPNetworkSvc)

Not sure

• Floppy Disk Support
  • Internet Small Computer System Interface (iSCSI)
  • TV Tuner support
  • Windows PowerShell
  • Xps-Foundation-Xps-Viewer

I do everything a summary in Excel (Vlite, Rt7lite and WR), if you want, Winter Wink
Not sure if all this makes 400MB under Windows.

Some Features are not available in WR too

Thanks for the Help Smile

PS: In Group Policy, I have more options for "Internet Explorer" (Windows components) with WinReducer v2.99.4.1
What I deleted?

PS2: It is not possible to make compatible WinReducer with Rt7lite or Vlite?
As Rt7lite is compatible with Vlite or WinReducer v1

more_horiz
Hey Tistou77,

Below you could find the equivalence of all WR Components (in Red Color):

Mobility Center ("Multimedia - Mobile PC (Mobility Center)")
Mobile PC Presentation ("Multimedia - Mobile PC (Presentation)")
OpticalMediaDisc ("Features - Windows DVD Maker")
Modems (Not sure) ("Drivers - Support - Modem")
Internet Information Services (IIS) ==> Not yet available, Planned
Windows Collaboration (Available in Vista but not in 7)
DNS Client ==> Not yet available, Planned
IP helper ==> Not yet available, Planned
Server (LanmanServer) ==> Not yet available, Planned
Smart Card (SCardSvr) ("Services - Smart Card Services")
Smart Card Removal policy (SCPolicySvc) ("Services - Smart Card Services")
Windows Media Player Network Sharing (WMPNetworkSvc) ==> Not yet available, Planned

Floppy Disk Support ("Drivers - Floppy Disk")
Internet Small Computer System Interface (iSCSI) ("Drivers - Support - iSCSI" and "Services - Microsoft iSCSI Initiator Service)
TV Tuner support (ALL "Drivers - TV Tuner")
Windows PowerShell ("Accessories - Windows PowerShell")
Xps-Foundation-Xps-Viewer ("Features - XPS Viewer and Printer" and "Drivers - Printer - XPS)

Hope this helps !

more_horiz
Thanks my friends, I'll try Wink

more_horiz
Just forgot to mention :

Media center extented service ("Features - Windows Media Center" in v2.99.5.0)

Very Happy 

more_horiz
hey winter,

i uploaded here all batch files i got, this package contains all batch files i already send you plus more which i made from the iso files of torrentus and billybully

http://www14.zippyshare.com/v/86811178/file.html

you need to be carefull of files and folders that contain languagecode because i just kept the once for de-DE // the c_...nls files // the kbd...dll  and the krx.cmd contains also all empty folders that where left, but not everyone should use it those batch files because they remove almost everything (i hope).

this batch files reduced more than 160 mb and are working with no errors for me // i just need to say i didnt try installing net framework (i will try it soon and fix problems if some occure)

my
install.wim is 460mb
boot.wim is 43,8mb
total iso file 507 Mb

torrentus and i dont think that it is possible to reduce more (maybe if you remove the files for wifi)

so i would like to thank torrentus and billybully for this nice work of searching so much files, and also i want to thank you winterstorm for making this nice tool and i think it will be more amazing in the future ( i hope that someday i dont need the batch files anymore Razz)

more_horiz
Wink

Windows services that I have not found
I change with these registry keys (in offline)

For my use

;BFE
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\BFE]
"Start"=dword:00000003

;DPS
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\DPS]

;LanmanWorkstation
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\LanmanWorkstation]

;lmhosts
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\lmhosts]
"Start"=dword:00000004

;PCASVC
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\PcaSvc]

;SSDPSRV
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\SSDPSRV]

;Superfetch
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\SysMain]

;TrkWks
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\TrkWks]

;TrustedInstaller
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\TrustedInstaller]

;UPNPHOST
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\upnphost]

more_horiz
Hi winterstorm,
here is an example for an sfx-addon which I integrate with the OEM- methode. In your proggie I tried it to integrate in the oem-section but nothing happens.
There was no error report, but the a addon is not integrated.
You can download it here:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/4zh4xt7n12edu11/Firefox.exe
I hope you can help me and all the others who want to integrated proggies with the sfx addon methode.
Regards

more_horiz
@Winterstorm , I have tested my Micro edition in VirtualBox and found an error. Installed Videolan, Media Player Classic and SMPlayer.
I am using these 3 video players, there are no problems with Videolan and SMPlayer if I play and test some videos with different video codecs and containers. But with Media Player Classic, which also most people are using there is an error. This happens because some dll's are missing/removed. Media Player Classic is based on the core of Windows Media Player but it is tuned, optimized, cleaned and those silly features removed. Basically Media Player Classic is a slimmed version of Windows Media Player but it also needs some of the same dll's.

Krx, told me that Winreducer also removes these files. If people are using Media Player Classic, they should not remove these dll's. 
It could also mean that you MAY encounter some problems with other Media/Video programs if these Media Foundation dll's are missing, so maybe you should not remove it anyways.

These are the files you need to keep:

Windows/System32/evr.dll                                
Windows/System32/mf.dll                                 
Windows/System32/mferror.dll                           
Windows/System32/mfplat.dll                             
Windows/System32/MFPlay.dll                            
Windows/System32/mfps.dll                              
Windows/System32/mfreadwrite.dll                      
Windows/System32/mfvdsp.dll                            
Windows/System32/mfds.dll                              
Windows/System32/en-US/evr.dll.mui                 
Windows/System32/en-US/mf.dll.mui                   
Windows/System32/en-US/mferror.dll.mui             
Windows/System32/en-US/mfplat.dll.mui             
Windows/System32/en-US/MFPlay.dll.mui             
Windows/System32/en-US/mfreadwrite.dll.mui      

Windows/SysWOW64/evr.dll        
Windows/SysWOW64/mf.dll 
Windows/SysWOW64/mferror.dll
Windows/SysWOW64/mfplat.dll 
Windows/SysWOW64/MFPlay.dll 
Windows/SysWOW64/mfps.dll         
Windows/SysWOW64/mfreadwrite.dll
Windows/SysWOW64/mfvdsp.dll 
Windows/SysWOW64/mfds.dll         
Windows/SysWOW64/en-US/evr.dll.mui 
Windows/SysWOW64/en-US/mf.dll.mui 
Windows/SysWOW64/en-US/mferror.dll.mui 
Windows/SysWOW64/en-US/mfplat.dll.mui
Windows/SysWOW64/en-US/MFPlay.dll.mui 
Windows/SysWOW64/en-US/mfreadwrite.dll.mui 

Cheers

more_horiz
hey winter, in controlpanel:

WinReducer 7.0 - FINAL Builds - Page 17 3lk5n9q4

i removed it in winreducer but it is still shown

------

also: im using version 2.99.5.0 but winreducer shows me that there is an update (version 2.99.4.1)

and if i start winreducer and click on option and on update (fast after starting winreducer), winreducer shows a 0 (for no update available) i get an error (if i would not act fast a 1 appears on the update icon)

error:

Spoiler :

more_horiz
@KrX : Did you select also the Control Panel to remove and not only the service ? Did you use the "Automatic Removing" Preset ?

I will solve the update trouble ... Thank you. ==> DONE !

more_horiz
yes the Autimatic Removing preset was activated

and im pretty sure i selected both option in componets-controll panel and also the indexing service (because i removed EVERYTHING winreducer offers) but the last used .wccf says "false"

EDIT but im also sure it was removing it

more_horiz
I've solved a missing Automatic Removing for "Services - Indexing Service" and according control panels ! My bad, but maybe this will solve the trouble !  Wink

more_horiz
I have problem with winreducer:
dont working on x64 systems (error at remove components - no problem on x86)
and with net framework 4.5.2 (app hanging)

Spoiler :

more_horiz
hey winter,

you could you add this registry tweaks and also this "batch" (they work on windows 7)

https://forum.winreducer.net/t393-registry-tweaks

https://forum.winreducer.net/t392-choose-pagefilesys-size

Code:

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00
;remove SendTo from contextmenue
[-HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\AllFilesystemObjects\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers\SendTo]

Code:

;remove Print from .ini contextmenue
[-HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\inifile\shell\print]

for this registry tweaks you need to get permissions (can that be done via batch? maybe someone can tell me)

Code:

;remove Library pane
[-HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\CommandStore\shell\Windows.librarypane]

;remove Include in library
[-HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\CommandStore\shell\Windows.includeinlibrary]

;remove Burn
[-HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\CommandStore\shell\Windows.burn]

that would make me really happy Wink

more_horiz
I've added some of your requested tweaks ! Very Happy 

- NEW : "Tweaks - Context Menu - Remove SendTo link"
- NEW : "Tweaks - Context Menu - Remove Print link for .ini files"
- NEW : "Tweaks - Explorer - Remove Burn"
- NEW : "Tweaks - Explorer - Remove Include in Library"
- NEW : "Tweaks - Explorer - Remove Library Pane"

v2.99.5.1 will be available this week-end

more_horiz
winterstorm2050 wrote:
I've added some of your requested tweaks ! Very Happy 

- NEW : "Tweaks - Context Menu - Remove SendTo link"
- NEW : "Tweaks - Context Menu - Remove Print link for .ini files"

v2.99.5.1 will be available this week-end

ok thanks

are you able to remove the

because normaly you need permissions to remove them.

if yes could you tell me how you did it (because i got some more tweaks that need permissions)

more_horiz
Yes, and you could follow this link : HowToGeek Tutorial !

more_horiz
winterstorm2050 wrote:
Yes, and you could follow this link : HowToGeek Tutorial !

yes i knew this already, what i meant is how to do it maybe with an batch file or something linke that.

Because you did it in winreducer, too.

more_horiz
KrX wrote:
hey winter,

i uploaded here all batch files i got, this package contains all batch files i already send you plus more which i made from the iso files of torrentus and billybully

http://www14.zippyshare.com/v/86811178/file.html

you need to be carefull of files and folders that contain languagecode because i just kept the once for de-DE // the c_...nls files // the kbd...dll  and the krx.cmd contains also all empty folders that where left, but not everyone should use it those batch files because they remove almost everything (i hope).

this batch files reduced more than 160 mb and are working with no errors for me // i just need to say i didnt try installing net framework (i will try it soon and fix problems if some occure)

my
install.wim is 460mb
boot.wim is 43,8mb
total iso file 507 Mb

torrentus and i dont think that it is possible to reduce more (maybe if you remove the files for wifi)

so i would like to thank torrentus and billybully for this nice work of searching so much files, and also i want to thank you winterstorm for making this nice tool and i think it will be more amazing in the future ( i hope that someday i dont need the batch files anymore Razz)

Hello,
I just got your files and will see what I miss ... When I will have enough time I will integrate them as promised ...  Very Happy 

more_horiz
CLOSING : v2.99.5.0 - End of Feedbacks and Support posts !

more_horiz
STARTING : v2.99.5.1 - Begin of Feedbacks and Support posts !

CHANGELOG :
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum