The WinReducer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The WinReducer ForumLog in

FORUM

WinReducer 7.0 - FINAL Builds

+38
greenworld
scarface
alecuba16
qbert79
foobar
BrianValentine
ntuser1
phox13
Y314K
geblex
Echap
taso
Mesen
xuke771
aymaliev
home7ech
Forseti
erio
kiai
kabino
pricecaptain
ltGuillaume
rami7250
roguebert
highend
exe98123q
babyboom666
Torrentus
tistou77
KrX
welkin
billybully
spidernz
savale
parapher
zuardin
pedilover
winterstorm2050
42 posters

descriptionWinReducer 7.0 - FINAL Builds - Page 20 EmptyRe: WinReducer 7.0 - FINAL Builds

more_horiz
Hello guys,

WinReducer 7.0 - v3.00 (RC 1) has been released !

CHANGELOG :

Best Regards.

winterstorm2050

EDIT : I will solve bugs in the bugs forum this week, so you should probaly see another build at the end of the week ..  Wink 

descriptionWinReducer 7.0 - FINAL Builds - Page 20 EmptyRe: WinReducer 7.0 - FINAL Builds

more_horiz
hey im testing version 3.0 now.

i m removing (tweaking) 584 components.(only winreducer is running, ram is 21% and cpu 3% used by my whole system)

but i realized that it gets stuck at some components like sound -> sonata (for 10 minutes, which should take seconds in my opinion)

im using "high" as removing speed. im nearly finished (only expert options left ) and it already took 2,5 hours, i went during removal to eat etc so i dont really know if it got stuck at other components but in earlier versions it took ~1 hour maybe

i will report again later

more_horiz
ok i tested it.

1. i removed ALL Theme -> Sound components but the folder "MOUNT\Windows\Media" is still present with a lot of files left.

2. the wifi profile is copied to C:\xxxx.xml, i think it would be better somewhere here:

"C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Wlansvc\Profiles" because it will be saved there anyway "..\Profiles\Interfaces\...."

or to delete it from C:\xxx.xml after executing the comand

EDIT: i didnt test the iso on a live system, i will do that tomorrow and post again if something is wrong

more_horiz
Hello guys,

I'm really happy to tell you that I will release RC2 tomorrow with one fix for "Send to Desktop" shortcut and some other bugs !

Best Regards.

winterstorm2050

more_horiz
taso wrote:
hi winter,
Tweaks -> Context menu - Add Take Ownership - not working

Hello,

I confirm the bug and it has been fixed in the v3.00 - RC2 build ... Could you please, next time, use the dedicated bugs forum, thank you very much !  Very Happy 

more_horiz
Hello guys,

WinReducer 7.0 - v3.00 RC2 has been released !

CHANGELOG :

Best Regards.

winterstorm2050

more_horiz
Just a new information : I will release a new WinReducer 7.0 x64 architecture build (testing purpose only) in the next few days ...  Smile

more_horiz
winterstorm2050 wrote:
Just a new information : I will release a new WinReducer 7.0 x64 architecture build (testing purpose only) in the next few days ...  Smile

what can we expect of a x64 bit version?

will it run faster (removing etc) ?

more_horiz
Normally it should be a little faster, but don't know how much, only testing should say the benefit.

more_horiz
winterstorm2050 wrote:
Normally it should be a little faster, but don't know how much, only testing should say the benefit.

ok Wink

one question, did you add this files in the new version:

https://forum.winreducer.net/t700-removing-windows-firewall-no-internet-access

https://forum.winreducer.net/t725-snipping-tool-sticky-notes-shortcut-missing

https://forum.winreducer.net/t665-3-problems-after-reducing

?

and could you reproduce this bug?

https://forum.winreducer.net/t702-winsxs-folder-experimental-after-reducing

more_horiz
No, but this will be the next steps ...  Wink 

more_horiz
winterstorm2050 wrote:
No, but this will be the next steps ...  Wink 

ok thanks Wink

more_horiz
I've updated the status of your posts to [PENDING] : I will work on them during next week ! Smile 

more_horiz
Great work Smile

winter, you have a idea for these problem.

https://forum.winreducer.net/t648-group-policy

https://forum.winreducer.net/t628-winreducer-7-v29941-bug-narator-displayswitch

more_horiz
hey winter

i have got here the batch files again.

http://www38.zippyshare.com/v/46150194/file.html

i removed ALL files that winreducer is already deleting, and also files that caused problems or doubled entries.

more_horiz
Hello, KrX,

I got your file and thank very much to maintain this, it helps me a lot to improve WinReducer !

KrX wrote:
ok i tested it.

1. i removed ALL Theme -> Sound components but the folder "MOUNT\Windows\Media" is still present with a lot of files left.

2. the wifi profile is copied to C:\xxxx.xml, i think it would be better somewhere here:

"C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Wlansvc\Profiles" because it will be saved there anyway "..\Profiles\Interfaces\...."

EDIT: i didnt test the iso on a live system, i will do that tomorrow and post again if something is wrong

I will add this to WinReducer 7.0 (WinReducer 8.1 has been updated with this in v1.16) !

more_horiz
winterstorm2050 wrote:
Hello, KrX,

I got your file and thank very much to maintain this, it helps me a lot to improve WinReducer !

KrX wrote:
ok i tested it.

I will add this to WinReducer 7.0 (WinReducer 8.1 has been updated with this in v1.16) !

Seems there are a bunch of AIO DVD's of W7.  Most of those go up to 24-28 IO.  I am hopping the new ceiling of 30 on W8.1 v1.16 gets added to the next version of WR7.0 too.

Thanks again.. cheers

more_horiz
Hello,

@Y314K : Yes, it's already added in WinReducer 7.0 - v3.00 RC3 ...  Wink 

@KrX : I've tried your batch file for boot.wim, but I'm unable to launch the setup boot, because of a missing file "bootvid.dll" ! In the other hand, it's really interesting because the reducing is impressive ! I will try without removing this file ...  Wink 

Have a nice day, guys !

more_horiz
winterstorm2050 wrote:
Hello,

@Y314K : Yes, it's already added in WinReducer 7.0 - v3.00 RC3 ...  Wink 

@KrX : I've tried your batch file for boot.wim, but I'm unable to launch the setup boot, because of a missing file "bootvid.dll" ! In the other hand, it's really interesting because the reducing is impressive ! I will try without removing this file ...  Wink 

Have a nice day, guys !

ok oO

i never got problems without that file. But if everything works when you keep that file its ok. Even if you need to keep a lot more files it should be ok because winreducer should work for all people Wink

more_horiz
Yes, this is what I think too, but I've tested the ISO in VMware, did you ?

more_horiz
winterstorm2050 wrote:
Yes, this is what I think too, but I've tested the ISO in VMware, did you ?

yes tested with VMware, Virtual Box and on my live machine

more_horiz
Oh, weird !?

more_horiz
In the other hand my boot.wim size is 51Mo, and your boot.wim size ?

more_horiz
winterstorm2050 wrote:
In the other hand my boot.wim size is 51Mo, and your boot.wim size ?

42,5 Mb xD

more_horiz
taso wrote:
hi winter,
Tweaks -> Context menu - Add Take Ownership - not working

Hello,

This should be fixed in v3.00 (RC3) ! This new build will be available on Sunday 24 August 2014 ...  Smile 

Best Regards.

winterstorm2050

more_horiz
Hello guys,

WinReducer 7.0 - v3.00 RC3 has been released !

CHANGELOG :

Best Regards.

winterstorm2050

more_horiz
WinReducer 7.0 - v3.00 RC3 could not mount wim file?!
It freezes by "Open a Folder..."!

more_horiz
Hello,

Could you please, do not use red (or green) text colours because they are only used by Admi,nistrator and Moderators. Thank you for your understanding !

So, 1st you need to tell which ISO you are using, this will help a lot to identify a possible bug !

Regards.

winterstorm2050

EDIT : And if you think it's a bug, there is a dedicated bug forum instead of the general discussion !

more_horiz
Sorry for red color: it happened as I started comment by copy/paste part of your text.
I use the same ISO I have used before with earlier version of WinReducer:
Win71Ult with August updates.

It freezes with blank small window with the title "Open a Folder...".

more_horiz
Hello,

Just follow these instructions in this post : https://forum.winreducer.net/t318p1050-winreducer-81-v117#6529

Regards.

winterstorm2050
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum