The WinReducer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The WinReducer ForumLog in

FORUM

WinReducer 8.1 (Old discussion)

+73
parapher
Jpm
livingsilver94
demo71
pricecaptain
Mr.T
waldi84
pedilover
xuke771
T3st3r
leom81
castillo92
Alphonso Elric
freak.vulgar
Archimede
gougitany1
ffrules
neoss
dany00711
Cyber2000
FAFAŁ
test55
Cryoniq
YubiGalaxy
lss7777
muharremerd
aymanalz
bart3lon
websun
scottallthefriends
brazilcoco
ruby2hora
~BSOD~
yselimk
zumoc
aydentist86
Greatmetal
burt88
caphp
ziloth
Blaireau
Karolina
bymax
Ducco
mido26683
hclarkjr
Intelmaster
NODeath
slickric21
xmasivex
mrpotter2510
Veki385
sc7es
rafa9009
seiferflo
MrosPros
Niko
bay12
savale
dave999
billybully
gjoyal
carlese
spidernz
lucaskent
amin20
KrX
panman
inallsorts
theKramer
tupac4u
mau370
winterstorm2050
77 posters

descriptionWinReducer 8.1 (Old discussion) - Page 25 EmptyRe: WinReducer 8.1 (Old discussion)

more_horiz
Archimede wrote:
1) I insert a disk in the CD/DVD drive and it shows normally in "This PC" (I can also explore/browse the disk) but the application (DriverPack solution) on the disk will not run (it did work fine in the same Win 8.1 unreduced installation);

Thank you for your feedback ! And I've tried your point 1) and it seems that's a problem with Javascript. Maybe a problem with IE (did you remove it ?).
Are you able to send me your latest wccf file. And could please take care to remove your serial in it if you use unattended section. Thank you !

Archimede wrote:
Could you kindly upload a zipped folder with the 64 bit version of these files?
Thanks Very Happy

Sorry, but I will never provide a package with all needed software, you need to get them using the HowTo.pdf file provided in the WinReducer 8.1 v0.99.6 or read this thread : LINK !  Wink

descriptionWinReducer 8.1 (Old discussion) - Page 25 EmptyRe: WinReducer 8.1 (Old discussion)

more_horiz
Guys,

v0.99.7 is close to be finished, and I've added various improvements especially a new tool "Preset Editor" (Thanks Archimede for this idea !  Wink ) and the possibility to maximize the window when you choose your settings. I will release it once I will finish adding some stuff ...  Very Happy

more_horiz
 cheers Excellent  cheers 

more_horiz
winterstorm2050 wrote:
Guys,

v0.99.7 is close to be finished, and I've added various improvements especially a new tool "Preset Editor" (Thanks Archimede for this idea !  Wink ) and the possibility to maximize the window when you choose your settings. I will release it once I will finish adding some stuff ...  Very Happy

EXCELLENT Very Happy   thank you!

more_horiz
winterstorm2050: Thank you for your feedback ! And I've tried your point 1) and it seems that's a problem with Javascript. Maybe a problem with IE (did you remove it ?).

Archimede: Yes, I removed it.

winterstorm2050: Are you able to send me your latest wccf file. And could please take care to remove your serial in it if you use unattended section. Thank you !

Archimede: Yes I will PM it to you right away (and will obviously remove the unattended section).

winterstorm2050: Sorry, but I will never provide a package with all needed software, you need to get them using the HowTo.pdf file provided in the WinReducer 8.1 v0.99.6 or read this thread : LINK !  Wink

Archimede: I have downloaded the package with all needed software from that link but I got outdated and incomplete sets (7z.dll is missing)... While I am absolutely not aiming at opening a polemic, since the needed files are all freeware, there would be nothing wrong to add them to the WinReducer package (like many other developers do). Anyway, I respect your preference and decision and I will look for them somewhere else.

Thanks Very Happy

more_horiz
Archimede wrote:
Archimede: I have downloaded the package with all needed software from that link but I got outdated and incomplete sets (7z.dll is missing)... 

Hi Archimede.
You need to download 7zip and install it to your local PC.
Then copy the files 7z.exe and 7z.dll over to your ../HOME/SOFTWARE folder

If using 32 bit, make sure all software is 32-bit. It might cause an inconsistency otherwise.

If in the Configuration screen, all the software remain checked after you select them, then you know everything is ok.

more_horiz
Thanks theKramer Very Happy

A (stupid) question: On my 64 bit system I did exactly what you described but (odd enough) the buttons (WinReducer 8.1) did not keep green... They did, however when I used the 32 bit version of the same files!

Did you (or anybody else) experience that?

Thanks Very Happy

more_horiz
dont use this 3.5 and 4.5 net framework service remover also net framework cleaner it destroy all system and net fr. 3.5 cant install back with original installer  Shocked

more_horiz
@archimede : I really encouraged you to use 32 bits version of all needed software. The performance between 32 and 64 bits executable are insignificant, but if you use 64 bits, tell us how this works if you want ...  Wink 

@dany00711: You need to recreate your ISO with v0.99.6 to get it working because with previous version if you used "Optimizations - Windows - Unneeded Files Cleanup" killed Net Framework 3.5 installation.  Smile

more_horiz
Archimede wrote:
Thanks theKramer Very Happy

A (stupid) question: On my 64 bit system I did exactly what you described but (odd enough) the buttons (WinReducer 8.1) did not keep green... They did, however when I used the 32 bit version of the same files!

Did you (or anybody else) experience that?

Thanks Very Happy

Yeah, I got that issue before. I use the 32-bit ones as winter recommended and no issues since.

more_horiz
aymanalz wrote:
Archimede wrote:
The SHA1 of the files:

7z.dll -->> 79E6CFA11747B633EB3D742D62DBED93A7B5F0D7  <<-- for v9.20
7z.exe -->> 71411F50FBFBB9F77D61860AAC3B9133D428274F  <<-- for v9.20
ImageX.exe -->> 10237CF076920324FE7AE9C5FCEB55C0333AC7AD
oscdimg.exe -->> 317A26EA1E828579C97C4BF0BD1BB4B0FD94E7C3
ResHacker.exe -->> 8B58DCD428759D3633A14BCFC62A8CB6DEB66DE5
SetACL.exe -->> 328D049DA1814CFE7D1C7783691304577854482F

Can anyone please confirm?

Thanks Very Happy

Are you using 32 bit version? Because the SHAs I have for my 64 bit are different.

aymanalz, if you use the 64 bit version (apparently you do) could you please tell us how you got WinReducer 8.1 to work?

I only manage to make WinReducer work with the 32 bit version of the package with all needed software (the 5 tools indicated above)... winterstorm2050, maybe (if this is a documented fact) you should make this known and provide only a link to the 32 bit version of the needed software.

This is only a thought that might serve to clarify this issue.

Thanks Very Happy

more_horiz
I use the 32bit version because the 64 are not recognized ...May be?

more_horiz
Archimede wrote:
aymanalz wrote:
Archimede wrote:
The SHA1 of the files:

7z.dll -->> 79E6CFA11747B633EB3D742D62DBED93A7B5F0D7  <<-- for v9.20
7z.exe -->> 71411F50FBFBB9F77D61860AAC3B9133D428274F  <<-- for v9.20
ImageX.exe -->> 10237CF076920324FE7AE9C5FCEB55C0333AC7AD
oscdimg.exe -->> 317A26EA1E828579C97C4BF0BD1BB4B0FD94E7C3
ResHacker.exe -->> 8B58DCD428759D3633A14BCFC62A8CB6DEB66DE5
SetACL.exe -->> 328D049DA1814CFE7D1C7783691304577854482F

Can anyone please confirm?

Thanks Very Happy

Are you using 32 bit version? Because the SHAs I have for my 64 bit are different.

aymanalz, if you use the 64 bit version (apparently you do) could you please tell us how you got WinReducer 8.1 to work?

I only manage to make WinReducer work with the 32 bit version of the package with all needed software (the 5 tools indicated above)... winterstorm2050, maybe (if this is a documented fact) you should make this known and provide only a link to the 32 bit version of the needed software.

This is only a thought that might serve to clarify this issue.

Thanks Very Happy

Hmm...Yes, I am using 64 bit, and in fact I have only used 64 bit version so far, never tried 32 bit. I have never had problems with those files so far, and did not even know an issue existed with the 64bit version. So I'm not sure how to answer your question as to how I got it to work, since it always worked for me.

Could you describe what error you are getting while using 64 bit?

One problem I had some time back, when I first used the software, was that I kept trying to move than on/off slider to add the necessary files, and that didn't work. It wasn't meant to be operated that way - we are supposed to click on the name, not on the button. It took me a while to figure that out!

Are you running 64 bit windows, and have you installed 64 bit 7-zip on it? Did you point the program to those two 7-zip files? And did you make sure to download the 64 bit versions of all the other programs?

winter: 64 bit may make a big difference if operating the images in a ramdisk, because of the limitation of 32 bit to 4gb. I use a ram caching software while reducing, and that significantly speeds up the process. 64 bit helps, by virtue of faster disk speed when reading from ram as opposed to hard disk.

more_horiz
Hi

merry your christmas

I have one idea

Please add some Switch for services until we can select(for example 

*Safe mode
*gaming mode
*Extreme mode(High user mode) most service removed

(Program can smart and auto remove useless  user services with with select one Switch  )

Thanks

more_horiz
aymanalz wrote:

Hmm...Yes, I am using 64 bit, and in fact I have only used 64 bit version so far, never tried 32 bit. I have never had problems with those files so far, and did not even know an issue existed with the 64bit version. So I'm not sure how to answer your question as to how I got it to work, since it always worked for me.

Could you describe what error you are getting while using 64 bit?

One problem I had some time back, when I first used the software, was that I kept trying to move than on/off slider to add the necessary files, and that didn't work. It wasn't meant to be operated that way - we are supposed to click on the name, not on the button. It took me a while to figure that out!

Are you running 64 bit windows, and have you installed 64 bit 7-zip on it? Did you point the program to those two 7-zip files? And did you make sure to download the 64 bit versions of all the other programs?

winter: 64 bit may make a big difference if operating the images in a ramdisk, because of the limitation of 32 bit to 4gb. I use a ram caching software while reducing, and that significantly speeds up the process. 64 bit helps, by virtue of faster disk speed when reading from ram as opposed to hard disk.

Hi aymanalz Very Happy

I kinda described the problem in an earlier post but it can be resumed in just a few words: Basically the switches were not sticking to their ON position (just as you experienced, it took me quite a while too to figure out that to browse to the files location I was supposed to click on the name and not on the buttons) and now I was determined to find out what was the reason and (I think that) it all boiled down to a simple rename operation... the 64 bit files had a pesky "_x64"... Removed that suffix the matter is now fixed Wink

I just tested a reduction (on my 64 bit system) with the 64 bit set of apps (except ResHacker that apparently only comes in 32 bit with 64 bit support) and I must say that I did not notice any difference whatsoever. Both the mounting and the removal took basically the same time as my previous reduction done with the 32 bit sets.

Thanks Very Happy

more_horiz
zumoc wrote:
I use the 32bit version because the 64 are not recognized ...May be?

64 bits is not officially supported but it should work if you want to try ....  Very Happy

amin20 wrote:
Hi

merry your christmas

I have one idea

Please add some Switch for services until we can select(for example

*Safe mode
*gaming mode
*Extreme mode(High user mode) most service removed

(Program can smart and auto remove useless  user services with with select one Switch  )

Thanks

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year too ....  Very Happy 

I'm working on this, thank you for the idea ...  Wink 

descriptionWinReducer 8.1 (Old discussion) - Page 25 EmptyBug 0.99.5

more_horiz
Hi

on Registry integrator if user not add a registry file and click on save in a registry file

program give error 

Solve :

1- you can add some source if user not add reg file and click on
< save in a registry file > program give message "You should first add reg file"
(Try .......  catch)

2-if user not add reg file < save in a registry Button > visibility=0(False)

more_horiz
@amine20 : Thank you but this as been already solved in v0.99.6 ...  Very Happy 

more_horiz
I will release v0.99.7 tomorrow !

more_horiz
Ok wintersrorm2050

You took a lot of hard work and our job is to help you

Very Thanks

more_horiz
v0.99.7 is waiting. Very Happy

more_horiz
need to be speedy to final version  rumor over net windows 8.1 update one will coming   soon 

http://news.softpedia.com/news/Windows-8-1-2014-Update-Expected-to-Leak-After-January-14-414831.shtml

more_horiz
Nice informations dave999 !

Final build will come soon ! In the meantime, I will release v0.99.7 in a couple of hours ...  Wink

more_horiz
dave999 wrote:
need to be speedy to final version  rumor over net windows 8.1 update one will coming   soon 

http://news.softpedia.com/news/Windows-8-1-2014-Update-Expected-to-Leak-After-January-14-414831.shtml

from the link:
It’s obviously expected to bring quite a lot of changes to Windows 8.1, including several new features that are yet to be disclosed by either Microsoft or sources close to the matter.

more things that need to be reduced...

more_horiz
Yes, sure !  Very Happy

more_horiz
Hey guys,

Here we go, WinReducer 8.1 - v0.99.7 (pre-final) is available for all members, only available in the WinReducer website :
CHANGELOG :

* NEW
- NEW “Tools” : “Preset Editor” helps you easily create your wccf file without mounting your Windows 8.x ISO
- “Appareance – Theme Support – File Replacer – Imageres.dll”
- “Tweaks - Context Menu - Add Take Ownership (with Pause)”
- “Unattended – Administrator Account”
- “Unattended – Administrator Password”
- “Unattended – User Password”
- “Unattended – Activate Administrator Autologon”
- “Unattended – Activate User Autologon”
- “Unattended - Turn Off Password Expiration”
- Maximize WinReducer Window, when configuring your components, is available
- “Features” : Option to select all Features to remove (at the same time) is available
- “Services” : Option to select all Services to remove (at the same time) is available (Black Viper’s Configuration will come in the next build)

* UPDATED
- KNOWN BUGS - IMPORTANT 2 : Please, take some time to read it !
- English language file to v0.99.7
- “Component Remover Tab” : Navigating through all components using keyboard arrow keys will display all available “Help tips” (not only with your mouse)
- Many GUI Improvements

* FIXED
- “TOOLS” icons : Added missing translation strings
- “Unattended” : “Other User” bug should be solved

http://www.winreducer.net

This version is the latest WinReducer 8.1 pre-final build before the FINAL ... The next build will be a Release Candidate ...  Very Happy

EDIT : If you experienced an error while loading a previous preset, just clic on "continue", you will not have this error with all preset created by v0.99.7+. Sorry !

more_horiz
Hi winterstorm2050

Is it possible that we can add some program before installing Windows

For Example: Winrar , google chrome , K-Lite , and more useful programs

more_horiz
THX Winterstorm for your work !
I'm still testing 0.99.7 and it looks really good so far.
The only thing is a small bug I mentioned here.
The theme is still shown twice, but its not so worse.

OK, I must be back and make more tests. 
CU

more_horiz
amin20 wrote:
Hi winterstorm2050
Is it possible that we can add some program before installing Windows

For Example: Winrar , google chrome , K-Lite , and more useful programs

Hey amine20,

You can't do that with WinReducer, but you could have a look on these guides (made by theKramer) :
- "https://forum.winreducer.net/t363-easier-method-to-reduce-your-personalised-windows-7-8-81-installation-without-sysprep"
- "https://forum.winreducer.net/t115-reduce-a-sysprep-image-of-a-windows-8-install-from-a-vhd-virtual-hard-drive"
- Or open a new thread in the Help forum.

Have a nice day my friend !

more_horiz
Hi WinterStorm2050,

About the Preset Editor it would be very nice if you could provide a simpler tool (separate from WinReducer) that would work on any platform irrespective of OS and that would run on either 32 or 64 bit systems.

For example now I have an XP 32 bit notebook next to my Win 8.1 64 bit and (while I am working in WinReducer on the new notebook) I would like to load and check and evenually edit my .wccf file on the XP laptop... But sadly I cannot Sad

Thanks,

Archimede
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum