The WinReducer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The WinReducer ForumLog in

FORUM

WinReducer 8.1 (Old discussion)

+73
parapher
Jpm
livingsilver94
demo71
pricecaptain
Mr.T
waldi84
pedilover
xuke771
T3st3r
leom81
castillo92
Alphonso Elric
freak.vulgar
Archimede
gougitany1
ffrules
neoss
dany00711
Cyber2000
FAFAŁ
test55
Cryoniq
YubiGalaxy
lss7777
muharremerd
aymanalz
bart3lon
websun
scottallthefriends
brazilcoco
ruby2hora
~BSOD~
yselimk
zumoc
aydentist86
Greatmetal
burt88
caphp
ziloth
Blaireau
Karolina
bymax
Ducco
mido26683
hclarkjr
Intelmaster
NODeath
slickric21
xmasivex
mrpotter2510
Veki385
sc7es
rafa9009
seiferflo
MrosPros
Niko
bay12
savale
dave999
billybully
gjoyal
carlese
spidernz
lucaskent
amin20
KrX
panman
inallsorts
theKramer
tupac4u
mau370
winterstorm2050
77 posters

descriptionWinReducer 8.1 (Old discussion) - Page 11 EmptyRe: WinReducer 8.1 (Old discussion)

more_horiz
i found some more, but im finished for today need some rest and sleep befor going to university. Wink

line 464 in English.xml

"execpt the one you are actually customizing"

--> "except ..."

-------------------------------------------

line 465

"Deletes uneeded files or folders from your ISO to reduce size"

--> "Delete unneeded files...."

--------------------------------------------

line 467

"also slighly reduce installation size"

---> "slightly "

descriptionWinReducer 8.1 (Old discussion) - Page 11 EmptyRe: WinReducer 8.1 (Old discussion)

more_horiz
Ok, I managed to shrink stuff here but for some reasons search does not work within explorer ( windows file explorer )
I did checked all kepp files and also did not remove natural language
Any idea what might cause this?

more_horiz
websun wrote:
Ok, I managed to shrink stuff here but for some reasons search does not work within explorer ( windows file explorer )
same here 
moi aussi Smile

more_horiz
mido26683 wrote:
websun wrote:
same here 
moi aussi Smile
I found the same issue as well. I guess the preset to protect Search is not workign correctly, but Im sure winter will have it fixed quickly as he always does cheers

more_horiz
hi winterstorm2050

i was testing a bit with the unattend.xml  so i dont need to insert a password during installation, and finally i found a solution (dont use a password)

Code:

<UserAccounts>
  <AdministratorPassword>
                 <Value></Value>
                 <PlainText>true</PlainText>
       </AdministratorPassword>
        <LocalAccounts>
          <LocalAccount wcm:action="add">
    <Password>
                  <Value></Value>
                 <PlainText>true</PlainText>
           </Password>
            <Name>KrX</Name>
            <DisplayName>KrX</DisplayName>
            <Group>Administrators</Group>
          </LocalAccount>
        </LocalAccounts>
      </UserAccounts>
with this it skips the screen where you need to insert a password

more_horiz
the search issue is there for quite some time, as I have another kit made like 2 months ago and it has the same issue.
I cam back here hoping this was fixed

I tried several times I cannot see what is wrong, I even left ie untouched and so on but I cannot find what package removal causes the search unusable

more_horiz
english.xml line 514

"he WLANSVC service provides....."

"The ...."

EDIT:

line 536

".... Windows functionnality"

..> "..... Windows functionality"

line 537

".... Windows functionnality"

..> "..... Windows functionality"

more_horiz
I need to delay the beta 8 release because I'm currently fixing the bug with Net Framework 3.5 and also want to fix the search trouble before ! Wink 

@KrX: All your translations troubles have been fixed, a big thank you ! Very Happy  And I will integrate your fix for the password ... another big thank you ! Very Happy

more_horiz
xml line 540

"But you will loose ...."

--> "....lose ......"

line 549

"Protect WMware Player and Workstation"

".....VMware ............."

so thats it Wink

more_horiz
do you guys have some kind of eta for the search bug fix? I mean I just got a new laptop today and I would love to have windows in it that actualy works.
I don't reinstall often

more_horiz
@KrX: Added ! Thanks ... Very Happy

@websun: You have 2 choices : wait until I fix it or install vmware or virtualbox to test your iso without installing it in your laptop ... Wink

more_horiz
Ok I did installed it on vms several times and I cannot bypass this issue.
Therefore I want to have this laptop in production but I am waiting.
Thank you anyway for your patience on this it is clearly bigger than mine. Razz

more_horiz
hello winterstorm
good work my friend and appreciated efforts.
i have some points that i would like to report:

1 - i want to confirm the black screen after logon as Karolina has said.
this screen appeared after installing windows updates, but i have never tried to install updates on a full wim image to konw if the problem is related to updating a slimmed version with winreducer 8.1 or with updating a full wim image also. 

2 - i want to re-report the bug with ( twinui ) in the menu that appears when i choose openwith option or when the windows asks me to choose a default program for a document, a video or a photo.
i reported this before but probably you did not notice it.

WinReducer 8.1 (Old discussion) - Page 11 111

WinReducer 8.1 (Old discussion) - Page 11 211

WinReducer 8.1 (Old discussion) - Page 11 311
3 - i want to report a bug when i try to change the user photo from personalization of the user account. i can not browse to the folder in which i put my photos. the button ( browse ) does ont work.

WinReducer 8.1 (Old discussion) - Page 11 411
4 - i wanted to report also about search functionality but apparently you already take care of this.

i hope my message has helped you. thanks for your great efforts and keep the good work, my friend.

more_horiz
Hello,

Is it possible to remove the MetroUI Photo app, from within the component removal section with this tool ?

Also can Skydrive still be removed on Win 8.1 like it was in Win8 ?

I cane across this post that implies its possible with DISM at least http://forums.mydigitallife.info/threads/39270-Shortcuts-to-Modern-Metro-applications?p=810090&viewfull=1#post810090

Basically I want Win 8.1 with all the MetroUI stuff removed and skydrive if possible !

more_horiz
ok, does anyone know which beta does not have the search issue or the net framework issue? even with reduced functionality

more_horiz
websun wrote:
ok, does anyone know which beta does not have the search issue or the net framework issue? even with reduced functionality
.NET was only added a beta or two ago, so definitely not.
Im not sure about the Search functionality, but would say that No is the answer to that also. 
If you really need both, and cant wait, then you will probably have to use Windows 8 instead of 8.1 for now....

more_horiz
tried beta3, search issue still here.

also, the adobe flash player installation fails, with no error and the setup file is deleted.

I found the issue on flash player and search, at least part of it.

removing one of these causes: languages, iexplore, flash player, system restore.

don't know exactly which one and I am tired of testing

more_horiz
hi winter i found some more registry tweaks 

Spoiler :

i have some more, but i need to check them because they arent working at the moment

btw are you useing this comand?

http://blogs.technet.com/b/home_is_where_i_lay_my_head/archive/2013/09/19/reduce-winsxs-folder-size-in-windows-8-or-8-1.aspx

more_horiz
when i removed peer to peer related service and feature wifi is broken and message that p2pnetsh.dll is missing. this file help Peer-to-Peer NetSh Helper   .... 

more_horiz
Hey guys,

I've spent the last night to finally fix the Net Framework 3.5 and did it (Very Happy ), so I will release the beta 8 later today (I confirm this) ... I will fix the Search bug (I need to reproduce it before to confirm it) with beta 9 ... Wink

@websun: did you remove "Features - Windows Search" or "Services - Indexing" and "Accessories - Control Panel - Indexing Options" ? And for your question about Flash Player, if you remove the WinReducer component you won't be able to use it after (it's definitively removed for IE11). So if you want to keep IE11 Flash Player, you need to keep it. Another solution will be to remove it, with IE11, and choose Chrome or Firefox, as internet browser, with the flash player plugin. It works because I'm doing like this ... Wink 

@mido26683: I will see for the twinui bug ... Could you please send me your wccf file (without your serial) ? Thank you ... And I added the bug with ModernUI User Account browse button in the Known bug list ... Thanks !

@KrX: With all your tweaks and your help, it seems we are at Christmas one month before ... Thank you so much ! Very Happy 

@dave999: interesting thing for the wifi profile, thank you ... Very Happy 

Beta 8 Changelog wrote:

* NEW

- “Accessories - Windows Sidebar”
- “System – Integrate” : For Drivers, Net Framework 3.5 and Windows Updates
- “System – User Folders” : Change the path of all your personal folders
- “System – System Folders” : Change the path of all your system folders
- “System – WinReducer Post Installation” : Copy your prepared $OEM$ folder
- “System - Integrate - Net Framework 3.5” : During mounting process, the Windows 8.1 ISO “sources\sxs” folder will be automatically copied to the WinReducer
- “WORK\INTEGRATE\UPDATES\SXS” folder. So if you want to integrate it in your ISO, just point it to the WinReducer folder “WORK\INTEGRATE\UPDATES\SXS”. That’s all !
- Add an incompatibilty information message if a Windows 8.1 Upgrade DVD is detected (if iSO contains an “install.esd” file instead of an “install.wim” file)

* UPDATED
- “Known Bugs List” : Add troubles with “Accessories – Windows Mail”, “Manage New User” and "Manage User Account Picture"
- English language file to v0.98
- Improve ISO Detection Engine : Improve Windows Edition names
- Improve Mount Engine
- Improve Unmount Engine
- “Appearance – Cursors” : Add possibility to manually choose your cursors without renaming them
- “Remove - Accessories – Tablet PC (Text Prediction)” : Improve Remove cleanup
- “Remove - Accessories – Windows Mail” : Improve Remove cleanup
- “Remove – Multimedia - Speech” : Improve Remove cleanup
- WinReducer GUI : Improve translation text support

* FIXED
- “Appearance - Modern UI Color (Background)” : Color 14 didn’t worked properly
- “Appearance - Modern UI Color (Login)” : Color 14 didn’t worked properly
- “Features” : Disable (not remove) options didn’t work properly
- “Net Framework 3.5” : Didn’t work properly
See you soon ... Wink

more_horiz
I also got into the blank black screen after updates. Dunno where that came from

more_horiz
hi winter,

here is an update of an registry tweak i posted earlier. its for removing the shortcut (the earlier posted version caused an black square on my icons, and now it should be solved)

Code:

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

;Remove shortcut arrow
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Shell Icons]
"29"="imageres.dll,-121"

;prevent black squares on icons
[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\lnkfile]
"IsShortcut"=-
"AriochIsShortcut"=""
------------------------------------------------------

new registry tweaks
Spoiler :

EDIT:

i found somthing again: while testing some registry tweaks. when i enable the panel in explorer (after reducing) nothing is shown here

WinReducer 8.1 (Old discussion) - Page 11 Idb4anvy

befor reducing

WinReducer 8.1 (Old discussion) - Page 11 88g3cmrn

i will do some tests to find out whats causing this (i thing in WinReducer 7 i had the same bug and removing contacts was causing this)

EDIT 2 :

and again me. found a bug with winreducer

after loading my .wccf file (services, tweaks, unattended, and removing components) i wanted to look for the bug i mentioned above. so i deselected ALL remvoing components (clicked 2 times on the "big items" (Remove - Drivers etc)

just wanted to tweaks the system and remove some services etc to get a look here first. but after clicking on apply it was also removing components (as if i hadnt deselected them, just used my .wccf??)

more_horiz
Hey, looking forward to see beta 8.

After a lot of installations via VirtualBox i have the suspect that removing a language is the cause for the broken search. If i only remove System Restore, the search in the windows explorer is working properly. I am sure that removing a language will cause the issue. I remember the bug in windows 7 that you cannot remove japanese languages if you want to install and use office 2010. I think theres one file in every language that is needed for the search.

more_horiz
Yes, that seems to be it. Now, for some reasons I cannot get an update list as it keep "checking for updates"
I don't see the net framework issue, I just finished installing it and works fine to me

more_horiz
websun wrote:
Yes, that seems to be it. Now, for some reasons I cannot get an update list as it keep "checking for updates"
I don't see the net framework issue, I just finished installing it and works fine to me

Thanks for confirming my suspect. I am testing a new config right now with beta 7 and hopefully i get all the things to work. Net.Framework 3.5 works properly with my configuration. If i created a stable version of Windows 8 with Win Reducer 8.1 i will install it native on my PC.

more_horiz
winterstorm, please have a look on my post:

after 12 hours of testing, here are my findings:

if you remove all or maybe some languages, search will no longer work
after install if I install update KB2883200 after reboot I get a blank black screen and cannot use the system anymore. Could be related to intel 4000 not sure, on my lenovo x230 this is what happens.
if I remove flash player I won't be able to install flash player again for firefox.

more_horiz
Guys,

You are doing an amazing jobs with your feedbacks, I'm trying to answer to all of you as fast as I can. But Net Framework and Windows Features have take all my time for the last days, so now I will start fixing all other bugs ... If it's possible ... Wink 

@websun: search is now my top priority ... Wink  ... I will have a look on the update KB288..., but this could be really difficult to find a solution as Windows 8.1 should need a specific file, but I will try. In this page (LINK), read "Known Issues" = there is an issue concerning a blank screen when resuming ...
For Flash player, you need to download the plugin and not the Windows Update. Download it from here (from adobe server) : Direct Download Link
Tell me the result ... Very Happy

EDIT: I will release beta 8 in a couple of hours ...

more_horiz
I know winterstorn, I did downloaded from site, kit downloads, however when I click it nothing happens and the file is deleted.
Also installing via firefox as plugin fails, but that was a thing on the past as with my new config and no lang removed I can install flash player once again.
I remember having same error on windows server few months ago, having a different locale than system language. So I guess the flash player issue is again related to language removal.

Everything works fine now, I have a fully functional windows system, but took me 12 hours Smile
Regarding the update system, I am 100% sure that update screws my windows as I installed all updates one by one and when I got into that one boom, blank black screen and also booting takes 5 minutes.

more_horiz
hey winter,

i was a bit "annoyed" of the iso creation (took toooooo long xD) and i did some testing (while im testing another bug ;O)

an already reduced iso (2gb big) ---> reduced again and than i created an iso with WinReducer took me

2.18 min and iso file was 1,88gb (i think you are using oscdimg for this)

i found the tool cdimage (dont know the version but only this version worked for me)

http://www58.zippyshare.com/v/69013663/file.html

i used also 

bootfix.bin
etfsboot.com

from "boot\" my windows 8.1 iso

and used this command:

Code:

cdimage.exe -l"Win8.1" -m -o -u2 -udfver102 -h -bootdata:2#p0,e,b"%UserProfile%\Desktop\etfsboot.com"#pEF,e,b"%UserProfile%\Desktop\bootfix.bin" "%UserProfile%\Desktop\ExtractedByWinReducer" "%UserProfile%\Desktop\Windows8.1.iso"
-l"Win8.1" is the label
-bootdata:2#p0,e,b"%UserProfile%\Desktop\etfsboot.com" path to etfsboot.com file
#pEF,e,b"%UserProfile%\Desktop\1\bootfix.bin" path to bootfix.bin file
"%UserProfile%\Desktop\ExtractedByWinReducer" the path to the extracted folder
"%UserProfile%\Desktop\Windows8.1.iso" path to save iso. Plus iso name

with this methode it took me 23 seconds !!!! and iso was 1,87gb

surely a bigger folder/more files which sould be taken to an iso will take some more time but it should be faster

(tested in vm // on my notebook with inter i7, 32gb ram, ssd)

more_horiz
Yes, it takes time when you reduce your ISO, because it saves changes in your wim file. This step always takes time and it was the same for all other software like RT7-Lite for example ...

But, try this : if you only use the ISO creation (LAUNCHER -> HOME -> TOOLS -> ISO CREATION), you see that will be fast .. Because it only create your ISO (and not reduce it by applying your changes) ... Wink
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum