The WinReducer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The WinReducer ForumLog in

FORUM

WinReducer 8.1 (Old discussion)

+73
parapher
Jpm
livingsilver94
demo71
pricecaptain
Mr.T
waldi84
pedilover
xuke771
T3st3r
leom81
castillo92
Alphonso Elric
freak.vulgar
Archimede
gougitany1
ffrules
neoss
dany00711
Cyber2000
FAFAŁ
test55
Cryoniq
YubiGalaxy
lss7777
muharremerd
aymanalz
bart3lon
websun
scottallthefriends
brazilcoco
ruby2hora
~BSOD~
yselimk
zumoc
aydentist86
Greatmetal
burt88
caphp
ziloth
Blaireau
Karolina
bymax
Ducco
mido26683
hclarkjr
Intelmaster
NODeath
slickric21
xmasivex
mrpotter2510
Veki385
sc7es
rafa9009
seiferflo
MrosPros
Niko
bay12
savale
dave999
billybully
gjoyal
carlese
spidernz
lucaskent
amin20
KrX
panman
inallsorts
theKramer
tupac4u
mau370
winterstorm2050
77 posters

descriptionWinReducer 8.1 (Old discussion) - Page 10 EmptyRe: WinReducer 8.1 (Old discussion)

more_horiz
***** 11/21/2013 2:26:14 AM - SESSION OPENED *****
ERROR : "Language Configuration File" doesn't exist ==> Check your "Options - Configuration" page
WARNING : No "Theme" has been selected ==> Performance Mode has been activated
ERROR : "7z.exe" and/or "7z.dll" files don't exist ==> Check your "Options - Configuration" page
ERROR : "ImageX.exe" file doesn't exist ==> Check your "ImageX - Configuration" page
ERROR : "oscdimg.exe" file doesn't exist ==> Check your "Options - Configuration" page
ERROR : "SetACL.exe" file doesn't exist ==> Check your "Options - Configuration" page
ERROR : "ResHacker.exe" file doesn't exist ==> Check your "Options - Configuration" page
CRITICAL : Check your WinReducer 8.1 Configuration ! == > "Options" page will be opened to help you solved this
WARNING : A problem with your Theme file has been detected
***** 11/21/2013 2:32:45 AM - SESSION OPENED *****
***** 11/21/2013 2:33:10 AM - SESSION CLOSED *****

***** 11/21/2013 2:48:41 AM - SESSION OPENED *****
***** 11/21/2013 6:06:14 PM - SESSION OPENED *****
WARNING : A problem with your Theme file has been detected
***** 11/21/2013 6:06:27 PM - SESSION CLOSED *****

***** 11/21/2013 6:44:53 PM - SESSION OPENED *****
***** 11/21/2013 6:45:10 PM - SESSION CLOSED *****

***** 11/21/2013 8:14:05 PM - SESSION OPENED *****

Unable to attach it...so pasted it.

descriptionWinReducer 8.1 (Old discussion) - Page 10 EmptyRe: WinReducer 8.1 (Old discussion)

more_horiz
did you download the new theme as well?
you need to update it too. (the log says something that the theme cant be found)

you could also try deleting WinReducer81.xml and configuring all new.

Maybe that 2 things will help

more_horiz
~BSOD~ wrote:
ERROR : "7z.exe" and/or "7z.dll" files don't exist ==> Check your "Options - Configuration" page
ERROR : "ImageX.exe" file doesn't exist ==> Check your "ImageX - Configuration" page
ERROR : "oscdimg.exe" file doesn't exist ==> Check your "Options - Configuration" page
ERROR : "SetACL.exe" file doesn't exist ==> Check your "Options - Configuration" page
ERROR : "ResHacker.exe" file doesn't exist ==> Check your "Options - Configuration" page
You need to have the apps above installed. If you have a previous version, copy them over from that. If not, full details are in the guide in the zip file!!

more_horiz
I have this error ?!  Please Help !!!

WinReducer 8.1 (Old discussion) - Page 10 ZOs5W1TMUmH2dzvt9P8Dmp810uTNN7wAAAAASUVORK5CYII=

more_horiz
Although I do have all those software...but i think I that log refers to the first run of Winreducer when it tells you to select all those apps for first time.

But still now with themed Winreducer, all software on place and nothing in new winreducer log :

***** 11/22/2013 1:40:16 AM - SESSION OPENED *****

I am still getting the same error.
Java installed x64 and x32 bit both, .Net framework 3.5-4 all installed but still same error.
I do selected 64bit of 7zip as I am having 64 bit Windows, imagex and oscdimg from I think windows 7 SDK, and setacl from windows 8 manager folder. Might all this info help so. If imagex and oscdimg can be problem, can anybody refers me to 8.1 version of both of them as I don't want to install complete SDK.

Thanks and hoping for something good here.

Edit Note: Tried this with windows 8.1 oscdimg and imagex as well, still same problem.

more_horiz
hi winterstorm2050 i thought if you could add some RegTweaks i was searching on the internet and thought some ppl would use them
Regtweaks :

descriptionWinReducer 8.1 (Old discussion) - Page 10 Emptystrange bug!

more_horiz
Hi all!
i noticed a strange bug: i can't open some word documents with word 2010.
maybe the component responsible for this problem is windows mail?
i made a new image, the same as before but without removing windows mail, and now i can open correctly the same files. ( in both images i checked the presets).

i think the bug is spresent in winreducer 8 because i noticed the same behavior.

Any suggestion?

thanks

more_horiz
why not have it so you don't need to have win 8 already installed?? after reducing then you have to reisntall if you ant to use your reduced OS. i just find it a lot to do. was hopin it was like Vlite and them. where you can create then install

descriptionWinReducer 8.1 (Old discussion) - Page 10 EmptyError Resolved.

more_horiz
@Winterstorm2050 and all. 
I resolved both the issues "this folder is incorrect" and that "Java Debugger error". The problem is Winreducer is still not compatible with install.esd. It requires install.wim to work. That's why whenever folder or ISO with install.esd selected, it propmt with error and no error again with install.wim.

I do hope that you may have install.esd support one day. Thanks again for such a wonderfull software.

more_horiz
~BSOD~ wrote:
I resolved both the issues "this folder is incorrect" and that "Java Debugger error". The problem is Winreducer is still not compatible with install.esd. It requires install.wim to work. That's why whenever folder or ISO with install.esd selected, it propmt with error and no error again with install.wim.

I do hope that you may have install.esd support one day. Thanks again for such a wonderfull software.
The Install.esd, Is an encrypted Windows Install file, hence not supported by Winreducer.

You can decrypt It back to Install.wim, by using ImageX. The process may take a little while, but It can certainly be achieved.

more_horiz
inallsorts wrote:
~BSOD~ wrote:

The Install.esd, Is an encrypted Windows Install file, hence not supported by Winreducer.

You can decrypt It back to Install.wim, by using ImageX. The process may take a little while, but It can certainly be achieved.
For an install.esd, it is best to use the Sysprep procedure. Plus, with Windows 8, ImageX is discontinued (but still usable) in favour of DISM.
To use Sysprep, us my guide here. I have also provided the DISM commands there.

@inallsorts: have you captured a VM using Imagex/DISM without using sysprep and it worked? I have never tried using Imagex/DISM directly, as everything I have read indicates you need sysprep first to make sure the image is reset back for reinstallation.

descriptionWinReducer 8.1 (Old discussion) - Page 10 Emptywindows search

more_horiz
for me windows search is broken. i have preset activated, what we need to keep for windows search to work ? thanks.....

more_horiz
panman wrote:
for me windows search is broken. i have preset activated, what we need to keep for windows search to work ? thanks.....
just keep all languages and it should work!

more_horiz
brazilcoco wrote:
why not have it so you don't need to have win 8 already installed?? after reducing then you have to reisntall if you ant to use your reduced OS. i just find it a lot to do. was hopin it was like Vlite and them. where you can create then install
It is a little strange that you need to use 8.1 to make 8.1, but you don't have to wipe your computer each time, install virtualisation software like www.virtualbox.org and test your builds there, I'm sure that's what most people are doing?

more_horiz
Hi

Please add Graphics card driver for remove it(ATI,INTEL,NVIDIA,....)

Thank you

more_horiz
scottallthefriends wrote:
brazilcoco wrote:
It is a little strange that you need to use 8.1 to make 8.1, but you don't have to wipe your computer each time, install virtualisation software like www.virtualbox.org and test your builds there, I'm sure that's what most people are doing?

yeah i was going to try that first Smile

more_horiz
hey winter,

i got a windows 8.1 dvd with x86 and x64 pro version. but when winreducer extract the iso it shows only this:

WinReducer 8.1 (Old discussion) - Page 10 Prl2e46ah26

i think x64 should be second but im not sure

when i mount the iso in a virtual machine and start the installation it shows me both versions and x86 / x64 behind

EDIT:

it looks 2 me that "Name" is shown and not "DisplayName" at winreducer for me

WinReducer 8.1 (Old discussion) - Page 10 Ocqeavgcxgf
WinReducer 8.1 (Old discussion) - Page 10 9ytih7dcu3g

more_horiz
Hello guys !

@KrX: Huge list of tweaks, I will add a look at all of them ... Thank you ! Very Happy 
For x64 and x86 : I will have a look, but I can't access to your second screenshot ...

@bay12: I added Windows Mail in the KNOW BUGS List. I will see this later. Thank you for this ! Very Happy 

@brazilcoco and all others: I'm digging on this suggestion to find the best way to avoid errors ... Wink 

@~BSOD~: There are always "install.esd" files existed in Windows 8.1 ISOs ? Thought they removed them ... Need informations about that !

@amine20: What ISO are you using ? Is someone could confirm that ATI, Nvidia,...(graphics drivers) are present in Windows 8.1 ISO, thank you...

@all members: beta 8 will come tomorrow with many improvements :
. Integrate Drivers, Updates, Net Framework
. Integrate $OEM$ folder (Old WinReducer Post Installation will come later) : you need to prepare it before integrating (aka copying) it in your ISO using WinReducer
. Many fix for Net Framework 3.5 which could be broken by many removed Windows Features. Still
. For Net Framework 3.5, the necessary folder "sxs" from your ISO will be automatically to "INTEGRATE\UPDATES\SXS" folder to future use. It will be copied the 1st time you mount your ISO
. I also improve the unmount cleanup engine

See you soon my friends ! Very Happy

more_horiz
winterstorm2050 wrote:
@KrX: Huge list of tweaks, I will add a look at all of them ... Thank you ! Very Happy 
For x64 and x86 : I will have a look, but I can't access to your second screenshot ...
hi

the second picture just shows the same as picture one (just with the descriptionName ....x64 (dont know why the pictures arent online anymore....)

but i have got some things more. first i used the same unattend.xml i used from 8.1 preview, for my 8.1 Pro now and after installations starts i need to accept eula

WinReducer 8.1 (Old discussion) - Page 10 Iy9cabse_png
WinReducer 8.1 (Old discussion) - Page 10 Iy9cabse

my xml

Spoiler :

with 8.1 preview it wasnt shown.

--------------------------------------

also i´ve got some problems caused of translation into german (some words are long which are short in english )

WinReducer 8.1 (Old discussion) - Page 10 Q9sikqzi

WinReducer 8.1 (Old discussion) - Page 10 Co3rfhks

WinReducer 8.1 (Old discussion) - Page 10 S689bl9o

WinReducer 8.1 (Old discussion) - Page 10 27oia8uf

im just 80% ready with translation because of my studies, so it could be that some more text could be to long
------------------------

EDIT: and again me Razz

i made a new reduced iso with a user (not an admin normal user)
after installation i cant change him from normal user to Administrator. after clicking again at option to get to change it it says again normal user (the same after restart)

i also get an error when i wanna make a new user :

WinReducer 8.1 (Old discussion) - Page 10 5cualixz

it apears right after setting a name for the new user and clicking Next button

my wccf:

http://www40.zippyshare.com/v/86011205/file.html

Edit: i made a new iso with a user as admin. now i cant click

--> control panel --> user configuration (dont know how its called in english) --> click on manage new user ---> and than this option

WinReducer 8.1 (Old discussion) - Page 10 Tzgov93w

if i click on it nothing happens

--------------------------------------------------

English.xml line 432:

Text="Delete the shortcut in right clic context menu on files and folders"/>

"right clic" --> "right click"

more_horiz
Testing now.
Theme doesnt work for me.
I extracted the Beta7 to a new folder and copied in the theme files. Copied the apps over to the Beta7 folder, so its a clean start.
The wccf import works fine. It didnt remember some items,mainly tweaks, but otherwise ok.

Will let you know when I have installed and done some testing Smile

more_horiz
hey i got some empty folder (because i removed this items)

C:\Program Files\Windows Mail (empty)

C:\Program Files\Windows Sidebar (empty)

C:\Program Files\Windows Apps (cant access it but i removed all Apps)

C:\Program Files\Windows NT\Tablet Text Service (i removed all Tablet things but there are still files in it)

C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Mail (empty)

C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Sidebar (empty)

C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows NT\Tablet Text Service (i removed all Tablet things but there are still files in it)

C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Media Player (empty)

C:\Windows\BitLockerDiscoveryVolumeContent\ (still contains files maybe not removed ??)

C:\Windows\RemotePackages\RemoteApps (empty)

C:\Windows\RemotePackages\RemoteDesktops (empty)

C:\Windows\system\Speech (still contains files maybe not removed properly ??)

C:\Windows\SystemResources\Windows.UI.SettingsApp (still contains files maybe not removed properly ??)

C:\Windows\SystemResources\Windows.UI.SkyDrive (still contains files maybe not removed properly ??)

C:\Users\All Users\Microsoft\Media Player (empty)

C:\Users\All Users\Microsoft\Windows\Ringtones (empty)

C:\Users\All Users\Microsoft\Windows\Parental Controls (empty)

C:\Users\Default\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows Sidebars (empty)

MOVED

more_horiz
I can confirm also that search preset doesn't work. I kept all search related items, but removed Natural Language..
VBox preset works ok for me..

That's all I can confirm so far Smile

more_horiz
winterstorm2050 wrote:
@~BSOD~: There are always "install.esd" files existed in Windows 8.1 ISOs ? Thought they removed them ... Need informations about that !
Hi winter.
The install.esd is still there for those who bought the Windows 8 upgrade DVD.
So, even when I downloaded 8.1, it still came with an install.esd.....

more_horiz
winterstorm2050 wrote:
@amine20: What ISO are you using ? Is someone could confirm that ATI, Nvidia,...(graphics drivers) are present in Windows 8.1 ISO, thank you...
No, ATI & NVIDIA drivers are not present in Windows 8.1 ISO anymore, they're only available on Windows Update
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/apps/dn344644.aspx

more_horiz
KrX wrote:
winterstorm2050 wrote:
hi

the second picture just shows the same as picture one (just with the descriptionName ....x64 (dont know why the pictures arent online anymore....)

but i have got some things more. first i used the same unattend.xml i used from 8.1 preview, for my 8.1 Pro now and after installations starts i need to accept eula

WinReducer 8.1 (Old discussion) - Page 10 Iy9cabse

my xml

Spoiler :

with 8.1 preview it wasnt shown.
Is that a Pro VL edition?

more_horiz
theKramer wrote:

@inallsorts: have you captured a VM using Imagex/DISM without using sysprep and it worked? I have never tried using Imagex/DISM directly, as everything I have read indicates you need sysprep first to make sure the image is reset back for reinstallation.
Okay, here's what I did to successfully convert to Install.wim.

I've used sysprep on my VM running Windows 8.1, with both the OOBE & Generalize options selected. Once finished (and the VM booted down), I attached the VHD via Disk Management (on the host OS), and then used Imagex to capture the virtual drive and convert the Install.esd file to Install.wim.

So to answer your question, I did use sysprep. Just for the purpose of the exercise, my next priority Is to try this without sysprep, which I'm quite confident I'll find a methodology that will work Smile

more_horiz
mrpotter2510 wrote:

Is that a Pro VL edition?

WinReducer 8.1 (Old discussion) - Page 10 Mmqwczbj

no just Pro x64 and x86

more_horiz
KrX said :

Hey,

In beta 8, I've improved the text size for your translation, change the English.xml line 432 and I confirm the bug with Manage new User (added in known bugs list) ... So thank you very much for your feedbacks ! Very Happy

@TheKramer: Thank you I will have a look on your report !
@mrpotter2510: Thank you for your information about graphic cards drivers !

beta 8 will be available in few hours .... Wink 

more_horiz
Hey, found something misspelled again

English.xml line 458

"Hidde all uneeded icons from System Tray ............."

---> "Hide all unneeded ............."

EDIT:

line 463

"Delete Uneeded Boot ISO Editions"

again "Unneeded"

EDIT 2:

and one more line 464:

"Deletes all uneeded Windows Editions from your ISO to reduce size"

--> "Delete all unneeded..."

more_horiz
Done, I also changed all others "Uneeded" words mistakes ... Thank you so much !

I will try to release beta 8 tomorrow !
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum