The WinReducer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The WinReducer ForumLog in

FORUM

WinReducer 8.1 (Old discussion)

+73
parapher
Jpm
livingsilver94
demo71
pricecaptain
Mr.T
waldi84
pedilover
xuke771
T3st3r
leom81
castillo92
Alphonso Elric
freak.vulgar
Archimede
gougitany1
ffrules
neoss
dany00711
Cyber2000
FAFAŁ
test55
Cryoniq
YubiGalaxy
lss7777
muharremerd
aymanalz
bart3lon
websun
scottallthefriends
brazilcoco
ruby2hora
~BSOD~
yselimk
zumoc
aydentist86
Greatmetal
burt88
caphp
ziloth
Blaireau
Karolina
bymax
Ducco
mido26683
hclarkjr
Intelmaster
NODeath
slickric21
xmasivex
mrpotter2510
Veki385
sc7es
rafa9009
seiferflo
MrosPros
Niko
bay12
savale
dave999
billybully
gjoyal
carlese
spidernz
lucaskent
amin20
KrX
panman
inallsorts
theKramer
tupac4u
mau370
winterstorm2050
77 posters

descriptionWinReducer 8.1 (Old discussion) - Page 12 EmptyRe: WinReducer 8.1 (Old discussion)

more_horiz
ah ...-

i thought that i forgot something xD

yes only iso creation took exactly 23 sec as with cdimage.exe

so all is alright Wink

descriptionWinReducer 8.1 (Old discussion) - Page 12 EmptyRe: WinReducer 8.1 (Old discussion)

more_horiz
Hey guys,

Here we go with WinReducer 8.1 - v0.98 (beta 8 ) is available for all members, follow the short Skydrive link below to download it :
http://sdrv.ms/1b5eiB2
FOR THIS BETA 8, IT'S REALLY IMPORTANT TO FOLLOW THESE INFORMATIONS :

* YOU NEED TO UPDATE THE ENGLISH LANGUAGE FILE.
FOR THIS YOU NEED TO DELETE "English.xml" (in Languages folder) TO REPLACE
ITUSING THE HOWTO FILE PROVIDED WITH THE ZIP PACKAGE.

So if you'll discover a bug, please let me know in this thread.

Enough talking, go test this new WinReducer 8.1 build ... WinReducer 8.1 (Old discussion) - Page 12 Icon_biggrin

more_horiz
KrX wrote:
i found somthing again: while testing some registry tweaks. when i enable the panel in explorer (after reducing) nothing is shown here

WinReducer 8.1 (Old discussion) - Page 12 Idb4anvy

befor reducing

WinReducer 8.1 (Old discussion) - Page 12 88g3cmrn

i will do some tests to find out whats causing this (i thing in WinReducer 7 i had the same bug and removing contacts was causing this)

after testing testing and testing i found the troublemaker

Windows Mail

is causing this problem

so now its time for beta 8 Wink

more_horiz
beta 8 so far works fantastic (removing at the moment)

but i got 2 things.

only this 1 translations is still to long (the last word is "Probleme" so only the "e" is missing ;O)

WinReducer 8.1 (Old discussion) - Page 12 Nq85ruuo

-------------------------------

drivers and updates arent translated

WinReducer 8.1 (Old discussion) - Page 12 Z6iddds2

i think this are the lines?

<Tips OfficialName="Drivers" TranslatedName="Treiber" Text="Helfen Ihnen .....................

<Tips OfficialName="Updates" TranslatedName="Aktualisierungen" Text="Hilft Ihnen fehlende..............

i think also the tool tips werent displayed

im going to sleep. the reduction will take some time ;P gn8

more_horiz
websun wrote:
winterstorm, please have a look on my post:

after 12 hours of testing, here are my findings:

if you remove all or maybe some languages, search will no longer work
after install if I install update KB2883200 after reboot I get a blank black screen and cannot use the system anymore. Could be related to intel 4000 not sure, on my lenovo x230 this is what happens.
if I remove flash player I won't be able to install flash player again for firefox.
Hey Websun,

do you tried a Windows 8.1 iso where the GA Rollup (KB2883200 and two other packages)are already integrated? Would be interesting to find out if the bug appears there too.
I am also testing the issue with the kb2883200 and if it not appear i will share my win reducer config file with you and winterstorm that we can compare it and find out which component leads to the broken system after the updates. 

We will find a solution for sure Winterstorm ;-)

more_horiz
KrX wrote:
beta 8 so far works fantastic (removing at the moment)

but i got 2 things.

only this 1 translations is still to long (the last word is "Probleme" so only the "e" is missing ;O)

WinReducer 8.1 (Old discussion) - Page 12 Nq85ruuo

-------------------------------

drivers and updates arent translated

WinReducer 8.1 (Old discussion) - Page 12 Z6iddds2

i think this are the lines?

<Tips OfficialName="Drivers" TranslatedName="Treiber" Text="Helfen Ihnen .....................

<Tips OfficialName="Updates" TranslatedName="Aktualisierungen" Text="Hilft Ihnen fehlende..............

i think also the tool tips werent displayed

im going to sleep. the reduction will take some time ;P gn8
Hey KrX,

ich würde den unattendend Teil nicht mit unbeaufsichtigt übersetzen sondern mit automatischer Installation. Das passt besser. Zentriert das ganze mit Zeilenumbruch.

--------

Hey KrX,

i would recommend you to translate unattended with "automatischer Installation" instead of "unbeaufsichtigt". In my opinion this would match better.

more_horiz
Hey guys,

@KrX: Please do not change the official name because they need to be "OfficialName="Integrate - Drivers" and OfficialName="Integrate - Updates" ... Very Happy

more_horiz
Intelmaster wrote:
Hey KrX,

ich würde den unattendend Teil nicht mit unbeaufsichtigt übersetzen sondern mit automatischer Installation. Das passt besser. Zentriert das ganze mit Zeilenumbruch.
--------

Hey KrX,

i would recommend you to translate unattended with "automatischer Installation" instead of "unbeaufsichtigt". In my opinion this would match better.
danke, habe ich gemacht Wink

Thank you, i´ve done that

winterstorm2050 wrote:
Hey guys,

@KrX: Please do not change the official name because they need to be "OfficialName="Integrate - Drivers" and OfficialName="Integrate - Updates" ... Very Happy

thanks for the tip, i didnt update my xml properly, at a previous .xml version the ""Integrate - " was missing
Done and working now Wink

more_horiz
Hi

I Test 0.98 For Report Bug

I Enable .net 3.5 and add driver and add 23 Update and I Finished My work and save

my iso and test with virtualbox  all things  good (driver add good,update add good,.net 3.5 enable good)

but I decide use winreducer again for more work on my iso but at the end of progress I 
receive Error And next i use old iso but i never receive error
(If you Enable .net 3.5 and save your iso and you want again use winreducer for more work on your iso at the end of progress bar after you select your windows edition see
. net framework error)WinReducer 8.1 (Old discussion) - Page 12 Screen11

more_horiz
hi

anyone knows how to remove this things?

WinReducer 8.1 (Old discussion) - Page 12 95vkkmph

WinReducer 8.1 (Old discussion) - Page 12 Nqjz3vut

because i removed this components and now they arent working

Pictire 1: clicking at that links --> error messenge is poping up

picture 2: nothing happens

EDIT:

Run --> gpedit.msc doesnt work for me

WinReducer 8.1 (Old discussion) - Page 12 Ia7xviik

after clicking button:

WinReducer 8.1 (Old discussion) - Page 12 Esfq8kuw

wccf:
http://www42.zippyshare.com/v/75232781/file.html

did i remove something?

EDIT2:

solved the gpedit.msc thing. my user wasnt Administrator.

I dont know why because i set Administrator on WinReducer

more_horiz
amin20 wrote:
Hi

I Test 0.98 For Report Bug

I Enable .net 3.5 and add driver and add 23 Update and I Finished My work and save

my iso and test with virtualbox  all things  good (driver add good,update add good,.net 3.5 enable good)

but I decide use winreducer again for more work on my iso but at the end of progress I 
receive Error And next i use old iso but i never receive error
(If you Enable .net 3.5 and save your iso and you want again use winreducer for more work on your iso at the end of progress bar after you select your windows edition see
. net framework error)WinReducer 8.1 (Old discussion) - Page 12 Screen11
I've reported that problem before, seems like it only occur with N images (Core N, Pro N, Enterprise N) I think the problem relates to permission or something, maybe SetACL

more_horiz
winterstorm2050 wrote:
Hey guys,

Here we go with WinReducer 8.1 - v0.98 (beta 8 ) is available for all members, follow the short Skydrive link below to download it :
http://sdrv.ms/1b5eiB2
FOR THIS BETA 8, IT'S REALLY IMPORTANT TO FOLLOW THESE INFORMATIONS :

* YOU NEED TO UPDATE THE ENGLISH LANGUAGE FILE.
FOR THIS YOU NEED TO DELETE "English.xml" (in Languages folder) TO REPLACE
ITUSING THE HOWTO FILE PROVIDED WITH THE ZIP PACKAGE.

So if you'll discover a bug, please let me know in this thread.

Enough talking, go test this new WinReducer 8.1 build ... WinReducer 8.1 (Old discussion) - Page 12 Icon_biggrin
Nice Smile

Will put this to the test over this weekend.

Thanks again Winter.

more_horiz
I am missing something or is there no Languge file in the .zip package as described in the beta 8 instuctions

more_horiz
slickric21 wrote:
I am missing something or is there no Languge file in the .zip package as described in the beta 8 instuctions

WinReducer 8.1 (Old discussion) - Page 12 4zsqo92q

there is one

more_horiz
Yup there is !!

I must have deleted it yesterday when downloaded it first time..... opps !

more_horiz
@: mrpotter2510 

No my windows iso is porfessional not porfessional N

more_horiz
Well, the b8 seem to work good...

But accidentally the sniping tools seem not work becouse says that the service don't run... What is the service of the sniping?

WinReducer 8.1 (Old discussion) - Page 12 261dngk

WinReducer 8.1 (Old discussion) - Page 12 20gjmdk

more_horiz
hey winter

i was a bit looking into the .wim files:

Code:

install.wim

\Users\Default\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\WinX\Group3\09 - Mobility Center (link // i removed mobility center)

\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Parental Controls (empty folder)

\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\AppxProvisioning.xml                    (removed all Apps)

\Program Files\Windows Multimedia Platform\sqmapi.dll (needed? // is the only file in this folder)
\Program Files (x86)\Windows Multimedia Platform\sqmapi.dll (needed? // only file)

\Program Files\Internet Explorer\ieproxy.dll (needed? // only file)

\Windows\ADFS   (all languages i removed are still there)

\Windows\BitLockerDiscoveryVolumeContents   (files not removed)

\Windows\SystemResources\ (some Windows.UI files are still there that i removed)

----------------------------------

boot.wim

\Windows\WinSxS (can it be slimed down? its over 500mb big, thats half of the boot.wim size)

more_horiz
@amin20
for me just pro n x64 & ent n x64 images have this error Neutral ent x64 work good Neutral

@KrX
u can delete almost things in WinSxS, just keep these 6 folders:
-Catalogs
-Filemaps
-Manifests
-2 folders *common-controls*
-1 folder *comdlg32* (not contain "resource")
this apply to all images in boot.wim (windows setup & windows pe). i've test this, it works good. this reduce half of the image size but doesn't reduce the boot.wim file size by much (don't know why Neutral)

more_horiz
mrpotter2510 wrote:
@KrX
-Catalogs
-Filemaps
-Manifests
this apply to all images in boot.wim (windows setup & windows pe). i've test this, it works good. this reduce half of the image size but doesn't reduce the boot.wim file size by much (don't know why Neutral)
Hi mrpotter2510.
Can you still use windows update when you delete those?
Thats what makes WinSXS removal so tricky, is because removing files from it breaks Windows Update....

more_horiz
theKramer wrote:
mrpotter2510 wrote:
@KrX
-Catalogs
-Filemaps
-Manifests
Hi mrpotter2510.
Can you still use windows update when you delete those?
Thats what makes WinSXS removal so tricky, is because removing files from it breaks Windows Update....
@mrpotter2510

thx for the information Wink

@theKramer

he was refering to the boot.wim, so windows update should be ok

EDIT:

after removing all those folders (keeping this 6) my iso got from 195mb to 182mb

EDIT2:

no problems while installing

iso went from 1.39 to 1.38 Gb

EDIT3:

windows updates still working

more_horiz
Hey guys,

Really interesting ... But are you always able to install all windows updates available in windows updates ?

Very Happy

more_horiz
Why the sniping tool won't work? Isn't removed.

more_horiz
zumoc wrote:
Why the sniping tool won't work?  Isn't removed.
 i think tablet pc engine must be keeped.

more_horiz
winterstorm2050 wrote:
Hey guys,

Really interesting ... But are you always able to install all windows updates available in windows updates ?

Very Happy
Yes Winter in my case i have install all Updates. The GA Rollup Update also works in my case. My ISO has a size from round about 1,55 GB. Battlefield 3 FPS increases from 26 @ ultra settings to stable 33 fps :-).

more_horiz
@intelmaster : Did you slipstream them or used Windows Update under Windows ? 7 fps for this game, it's really interesting ... I want to create a dedicated wccf presets file for Gamers, are you interesting to help me create it ?

more_horiz
Guys,

I will release a v0.99 (pre-Final) tomorrow, as it seems that WinReducer is stable enough to be release in a pre-final build for public, so this version will be available Monday for the Public.

And we will continue the work by adding new functionalities like always improving to reduce Windows even more (with your latest idea clean winsxs), a protected file list, creating WCCF presets files or solved components dependencies and of course solved bugs Wink ...

So the story will continue with all of you ... And I really want to thank you all for your excellent ideas and feedbacks ...

bounce 

And for this, I've opened all locked discussions (Bugs, Requests, ...). So with moderators, we will reorganize all your threads in the right discussions ....

And all translators will receive Monday a download link for the Translator Package for the Final build of WinReducer 8.1 ...

cheers

more_horiz
winterstorm2050 wrote:
Hey guys,

Very Happy

i could install all windows updates  (under windows) exept the Rollup is failed

more_horiz
@KrX:
1. Ok, thank you for all your tweaks, I've integrated most of them and especially one, I've searched for many time "remove shortcut arrow" ...
2. So if I understand right for the winsxs folder, if I remove all folders except those 6, I could use Windows, Windows Updates and I will not loose important functionalities. Am I right ?

more_horiz
winterstorm2050 wrote:
@KrX:
1. Ok, thank you for all your tweaks, I've integrated most of them and especially one, I've searched for many time "remove shortcut arrow" ...
2. So if I understand right for the winsxs folder, if I remove all folders except those 6, I could use Windows, Windows Updates and I will not loose important functionalities. Am I right ?
yes but only in the boot.wim not in the install.wim

KrX wrote:
EDIT:

after removing all those folders (keeping this 6) my boot.wimgot from 195mb to 182mb

EDIT2:

no problems while installing

iso went from 1.39 to 1.38 Gb

EDIT3:

windows updates still working
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum