The WinReducer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The WinReducer ForumLog in

FORUM

WinReducer 8.1 (Old discussion)

+73
parapher
Jpm
livingsilver94
demo71
pricecaptain
Mr.T
waldi84
pedilover
xuke771
T3st3r
leom81
castillo92
Alphonso Elric
freak.vulgar
Archimede
gougitany1
ffrules
neoss
dany00711
Cyber2000
FAFAŁ
test55
Cryoniq
YubiGalaxy
lss7777
muharremerd
aymanalz
bart3lon
websun
scottallthefriends
brazilcoco
ruby2hora
~BSOD~
yselimk
zumoc
aydentist86
Greatmetal
burt88
caphp
ziloth
Blaireau
Karolina
bymax
Ducco
mido26683
hclarkjr
Intelmaster
NODeath
slickric21
xmasivex
mrpotter2510
Veki385
sc7es
rafa9009
seiferflo
MrosPros
Niko
bay12
savale
dave999
billybully
gjoyal
carlese
spidernz
lucaskent
amin20
KrX
panman
inallsorts
theKramer
tupac4u
mau370
winterstorm2050
77 posters

descriptionWinReducer 8.1 (Old discussion) - Page 7 EmptyRe: WinReducer 8.1 (Old discussion)

more_horiz
Just finished a GA1 updated pro edition with beta 5: reduced the iso to 2,2gb. Installed size: 4,9gb
the best thing: No bugs found yet
cheers

descriptionWinReducer 8.1 (Old discussion) - Page 7 Emptyhi

more_horiz
can winreduser 8,1 be run in windows 8?

descriptionWinReducer 8.1 (Old discussion) - Page 7 EmptyRe: WinReducer 8.1 (Old discussion)

more_horiz
Just letting you guys know, that I've tested (Immensely) Winreducer v8.1 Beta5 on Windows 8.1 Enterprise edition x64, and haven't come across any Issues thus far.

All ran smoothly with positive results.

more_horiz
Ducco wrote:
can winreduser 8,1 be run in windows 8?
No, not directly. You will need to install Windows 8.1 to your main machine or install it to a VM and customize from there.
Winter apparently had to restrict WinReducer8.1 to Windows 8.1 due to some design decisions. My best guess is that DISM has some features in 8.1 that are useful for WinReducer8.1.

more_horiz
please new version netframework 3.5 enable

more_horiz
Hey guys,
So here's my first report on the beta5. I didn't touch WinReducer 8.1 since it started as I wanted to have a complete working solution. That's why the report is so long and also because I'm a bit perfectionist Embarassed I have to admit.

Overall experience is good. Winter, thanks a lot, really. My report could some rude, but I'm just throwing my impressions. WinReducer is great.
I still have some problems with corrupted component store and a few features not working, still doing some tests.
Points listed below concerns mostly ergonomic use which I think is not very good at first. I was also able to see that the tips I've made need lots of improvement for new users not familiar with WinReducer.
Good reading and please guys, give your feedback and comments.

Flo's Report Beta5 :

Voilà, sorry for the long feedback. Hope this helps.
Cheers
Flo

more_horiz
I agree with @KrXKrX2, winter. Half of the problems new users have are related to trying to use the wrong program with the wrong Windows image. I've read about guys trying to use WinReducer 8 with Windows 7 for God's sake, haha. It would greatly help new users if you implement a popup that tells them what Windows versions are compatible with the software.

BTW, when are you releasing the new language files for us to translate, dude?

more_horiz
I love the software, this is what I was looking for Smile I can't wait to try it bounce

more_horiz
seiferflo wrote:
Hey guys,
So here's my first report on the beta5. I didn't touch WinReducer 8.1 since it started as I wanted to have a complete working solution. That's why the report is so long and also because I'm a bit perfectionist Embarassed I have to admit.
Wow. Thats awesome feedback, flo Smile 
I think most of us would agree with your points, and take them in the best spirit as you have put in a lot of thought that will no doubt help to make WinReducer an even better tool for all Smile 

For me, the point that was really interesting, is if we select something to remove, that it highlights/warns us what other components will be removed /need to be removed (like RT7lite).

@winter: To make that the tool more user friendly, I would also propose the following:
1. Move services and tweaks to bottom of left panel, so they are the last to be performed, and all components removed will have made the corresponding options deselected
2. Move the presets section to the top, so that is what people do as a first step
3. Could you also add a preset for protecting wifi?

Thx a mill Smile

more_horiz
i messed around with a 8.1 x64 enterprise image today, worked perfectly. it has the rollup integrated already from microsoft.

more_horiz
hclarkjr wrote:
i messed around with a 8.1 x64 enterprise image today, worked perfectly. it has the rollup integrated already from microsoft.
I also find that the Beta 5 release works great on the Enterprise edition of Windows 8.1.

I shall test other editions soon.

more_horiz
Hello all,

I've hardly worked to release a good beta 6 (maybe available Sunday Wink) ...

@seiferflo : what a huge report, thank you I really appreciate ! I will answer you soon because there is lot of interesting things to read ... Very Happy

more_horiz
Tomorrow, there will be a new website design (v3.00) with many new resources and improvements ....

cheers

more_horiz
any way to get back also preset config files like in wr8? extreme, advanced etc?

more_horiz
winterstorm, your app has been reviewed. http://www.softpedia.com/reviews/windows/WinReducer-8-Review-398183.shtml

more_horiz
I'm being dism active with framenetwork 3.5

but it gives an error when I run winreducer

more_horiz
hclarkjr wrote:
winterstorm, your app has been reviewed. http://www.softpedia.com/reviews/windows/WinReducer-8-Review-398183.shtml
Thanks for the information my friend !
There are some confusion on it (Winreducer 8.0 for Windows 8.1 is a wrong information) but it's also interesting and with a great evaluation ... Wink 

bymax wrote:
I'm being dism active with framenetwork 3.5
but it gives an error when I run winreducer
I will dig on this ... Thank you for your comment ! Very Happy

more_horiz
New website v3.0 is online !

Have a look at it here : www.winreducer.net

cheers 

more_horiz
WinReducer v0.96 :

TEMPORARY CHANGELOG :

* NEW
- Completely change Remover selection window GUI look and feel
- “Appearance” : Activate Desktop Context Menu
- “Appearance” : Activate Theme Support (with New Files Replacer option)
- “Remove – Optimizations” : Clean Boot Wim
- “Remove – Optimizations” : Delete Uneeded Boot ISO Editions
- “Remove – Optimizations” : Delete Uneeded Windows ISO Editions
- "Unattended – Power Schemes”
- "Unattended – Turn Off Computer Sleep”
- "Unattended – Turn Off Display”
- "Unattended – WinSXS DISM Cleanup”

* UPDATED
- English language file to v0.96
- ReadMe file to v0.96
- “Remove - Drivers - Network - Wireless - Broadcom” : Improve Remove cleanup
- “Remove - Network – Smart Screen” : Improve Remove cleanup
- “Services – Sensor Service” : Improve Remove cleanup
- “WinReducer 8.1 Theme” : Important size reduction
- "Unattended – Username and Computer Name” : Error message displayed if you try to use the same name

* FIXED
- "Unattended – Protect your PC” : Translation missing
- “Save in a wccf presets file” : Hang if another file with the same name exists
- “WinReducer 8.1 Theme” : Improve support to avoid bugs while changing to another one

Some interesting new features :
1. New Remover GUI look to choose components : many improvements to have a better look, minimize confusion and should be more user friendly by using icons for all categories like in the example below :
WinReducer 8.1 (Old discussion) - Page 7 Winred13

2. And I added support for all customization stuffs have been added (WinReducer Theme Pack, Desktop context menu and other Various elements) and a new one, the possibility to add modified Windows system files (like "shell32.dll"). It's still experimental for the moment, but if you need more files just let me know, I will add them in the list .... Very Happy

This build should be released tomorrow or Monday ... Wink

more_horiz
looking forward to new version

more_horiz
I congratulate you for new site version it is very good because remove old winreducer 8 version and it is very beautiful

for beta 6 good looks

with add more feature we close to final build

*.net 3.5 Enable
*add graphics card driver 
*add more services
*fix search problem

Well we are able to reduce the volume of this edition(beta 6) more and more

Than you so much

have a nice time and day, Good Luck

more_horiz
What a GUI!!! Awesome!!!
Can u add more components to remove? I see that some big components are still missing, like vpnplugins, windows identity foundation, IIS...
Waiting... Very Happy

more_horiz
wifi hotspot creating fail pl need wifi preset that keep its related file

more_horiz
hclarkjr wrote:
Personally, I don't agree with this part of the review:

"Working with Winreducer 8 is time consuming and requires extensive knowledge of the underpinnings of Windows OS for a more refined installation file."

I don't believe It's time consuming at all, and everything Inclusive In Winreducer Is pretty much self-explanatory. "requires extensive knowledge" Is a huge exaggeration.

more_horiz
Hello guys,

I want to thank you for all members feedbacks and comment ... Very Happy 

I will release the beta 6 in few hours today, and it should be a great version with many new customizations options (change shell32.dll windows file, and a totally new and improved ModernUI configuration with many options).

The next beta 7 will have drivers, updates and net framework integration as well as many new things using all your ideas (especially from seiferflo's huge ideas list ! Wink)... I hope to release it for the next week-end ...

Do not hesitate to send me feedbacks and ideas ... Have a nice day !

Very Happy

more_horiz
Automation in fonts removing ... language select for removing  same auto select related language font for remove ...Ex... i select  urdu language for deletion then also font  auto select for delete from iso ... its hard to know which font for which language ... automation make simple task ....

more_horiz
Hey guys,

Here we go with WinReducer 8.1 v0.96 (beta 6) is available for all members, follow the short Skydrive link below to download it :
http://sdrv.ms/1dhGynD
There are up to 680 components !

FOR THIS BETA 6, IT'S REALLY IMPORTANT TO FOLLOW THESE INFORMATIONS :

1. YOU NEED TO UPDATE THE ENGLISH LANGUAGE FILE AND THE OFFICIAL THEME
FOR THIS YOU NEED TO DELETE "English.xml" (in Languages folder) and WinReducer81 folder (in Themes folder) TO REPLACE THEM USING THE HOWTO FILE PROVIDED WITH THE ZIP PACKAGE

2. Many components names have been changed, so in order to avoid troubles you need to recreate a new wccf file. And after beta 6, you could consider wccf file as stable. So there won't be major changes in components names ... Sorry for this !

So if you'll discover a bug, please let me know in this thread.

Enough talking, go test this new WinReducer 8.1 build ... Very Happy

more_horiz
Strange...after I install 0.96 b 6,  this tool, it detect update to ver 0.95 !!!

more_horiz
Hi,

there is very small problem with focus in Beta 6.
I mentioned, when I opened the "Feautures" and maybe choose "Net Framework 4.5" -> "Remove", the focus is at that time at the box "Remove".
You now can click in the background, or at some other text, but when I use the mousewheel to go up or down in the "Feautures" window, only the box "Remove" changes to "Disable" or "-".

more_horiz
Trying to push beta 6 on a Pro VL GA1 image. Removing 287 components as we speak. Twisted Evil
I used the simple UI version. I will let you know the results.
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum