The WinReducer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The WinReducer ForumLog in

FORUM

WinReducer 8.1 (Old discussion)

+73
parapher
Jpm
livingsilver94
demo71
pricecaptain
Mr.T
waldi84
pedilover
xuke771
T3st3r
leom81
castillo92
Alphonso Elric
freak.vulgar
Archimede
gougitany1
ffrules
neoss
dany00711
Cyber2000
FAFAŁ
test55
Cryoniq
YubiGalaxy
lss7777
muharremerd
aymanalz
bart3lon
websun
scottallthefriends
brazilcoco
ruby2hora
~BSOD~
yselimk
zumoc
aydentist86
Greatmetal
burt88
caphp
ziloth
Blaireau
Karolina
bymax
Ducco
mido26683
hclarkjr
Intelmaster
NODeath
slickric21
xmasivex
mrpotter2510
Veki385
sc7es
rafa9009
seiferflo
MrosPros
Niko
bay12
savale
dave999
billybully
gjoyal
carlese
spidernz
lucaskent
amin20
KrX
panman
inallsorts
theKramer
tupac4u
mau370
winterstorm2050
77 posters

descriptionWinReducer 8.1 (Old discussion) - Page 22 EmptyRe: WinReducer 8.1 (Old discussion)

more_horiz
@aymanalzcheck things like your pagefile settings, system restore if you still have that enables etc

@winterstorm2050 can't wait for more testing Very Happy

descriptionWinReducer 8.1 (Old discussion) - Page 22 EmptyRe: WinReducer 8.1 (Old discussion)

more_horiz
I've finished : cleanup when loading a preset and adding Expert options !  Wink

more_horiz
@aymanalz

I have the same problem with the user profile pictures, but till now I can't find the removement, which must be responsible for this  Neutral 
It might be something with the Modern UI points...

@winterstorm2050

Can't wait to test v0.99.5.
I love your work ! Thank you.

more_horiz
I've finished : adding "Drivers - Support - EFI and UEFI !  WinReducer 8.1 (Old discussion) - Page 22 Icon_wink

more_horiz
@winter - I shall try to help you narrow down the issue of user account picture. I'll make an ISO with some components not removed, and see if the functionality is lost. That way maybe I can pin down which component is responsible. I thought I'd start off with leaving metro apps untouched, to see if that is the issue. If you have a better method, please let me know. I mean, if there is any other components you suspect, and want me to leave untouched, tell me.

more_horiz
As I suspected, I am not having the account picture problem if I keep the metro apps. I did not rmove any of the modernUI stuff, and this time it works. I'll see if I can remove a few of them, so I can narrow it down further.

For now, the lesson is that it's the removal of modernUI apps that breaks the ability to change user account picture.

@winter - I'm surprised that you can't replicate this issue. For me it happens in any machine I try, including virtual machines. Did you try removing everything listed as modernUI?

more_horiz
Yes, with almost all components removed (extreme extreme preset  Very Happy ) ... I only keep "Immersive Control Panel" and it worked ... And I'm surprised too  Wink

more_horiz
winterstorm2050 wrote:
Yes, with almost all components removed (extreme extreme preset  Very Happy ) ... I only keep "Immersive Control Panel" and it worked ... And I'm surprised too  Wink

Hmm, then maybe 'immersive control panel' is the culprit. I'm working on another ISO now, depending on how it goes, I'll try keeping immersive cp and make sure is that's the cause.

more_horiz
there is my config integrated all 27 updates after rollup 

i dont know what can be disabled or removed yet  Shocked 

Code:

http://www78.zippyshare.com/v/32493020/file.html 

more_horiz
@aymanalz & winterstorm2050

I've tested the "Immersive Control Panel" by leaving it in the iso and removed all the other ModenUI points, but I'm still not able to choose another profile picture.
So to my mind it seems to be another point or a comination with ICP.

more_horiz
caphp wrote:

I've tested the "Immersive Control Panel" by leaving it in the iso and removed all the other ModenUI points, but I'm still not able to choose another profile picture.
So to my mind it seems to be another point or a comination with ICP.

Happened to me too. I think you have to keep immersive control panel, and also the 'keep metro apps' preset. Then it might work. For me, it worked when I kept these two, and also the modernUI-visual c++. I have not tried with just the first two, but I think that should work.

more_horiz
OK guys, thank you, I will have a look on this today by creating a new customized ISO to see if I could reproduce the bug ...  Very Happy

more_horiz
winterstorm2050 wrote:
OK guys, thank you, I will have a look on this today by creating a new customized ISO to see if I could reproduce the bug ...  Very Happy

If you don't use the 'protect metro apps' preset, and remove metro apps, I think you should be able to reproduce the bug. Especially if you remove imersive control panel.

more_horiz

OK, I choosed "Preset" - "Protect ModernUI Apps" - ON
and did NOT removed "Remove - Accessories" - "ModernUI - Immersive Control Panel".

All other "ModernUI" parts I marked for removing ( which is important for me ), and...

it works fine  cheers 
All ModernUI Apps where removed from my installation and I still can choose my own profile picture  Very Happy 

Thank you for your tips !!!

more_horiz
Nothing to do, I'm not able to reproduce the bug, sorry ! I've try with or without updates, with core x86 or x64 and pro x86 or x64 !  Crying or Very sad 
I always keep "Services - Windows Error Reporting", maybe .....  drunken 

I will share tomorrow some presets on the "Presets" forum to see if it works for you ...

more_horiz
make list what can be else removed or disabled from my iso i set my config from winreducer thanks  Embarassed i am beginer with this  Embarassed

more_horiz
winterstorm2050 wrote:
Nothing to do, I'm not able to reproduce the bug, sorry ! I've try with or without updates, with core x86 or x64 and pro x86 or x64 !  Crying or Very sad 
I always keep "Services - Windows Error Reporting", maybe .....  drunken 

I will share tomorrow some presets on the "Presets" forum to see if it works for you ...

I've always kept 'windows error reporting' as well, so it can't be that.

I've always used core X64, and kramer said he used pro x64, and both of us had the bug.

Here's the best observation I can give as of now -

1) If I don't select the 'protect modernUI apps' preset and remove all modernUI items, then I get the bug as I described earlier - when I click 'change account picture', nothing happens.
2) If I don't select the 'protect modernUI apps' preset and remove all modernUI items EXCEPT 'immersive control panel', then when I click 'change acoount picture', something happens - a blue screen appears through a revolving screen animation as happens normally when the settings page loads, but the blue screen is blank, and I can't change anything.
3) If I select the 'protect modernUI apps' preset and remove all modernUI apps EXCEPT 'immersive control panel', then everything works normally, and I can change user account piicture.

One more combination I could try is with 'protect modernUI apps' selected, but 'immersive control panel' removed. Don't know if it is necessary to check that.

Are you saying that you made the ISOs without 'protect modernUI apps' and without 'immersive control panel', and yet you were able to change user account picture? That is very strange.

What exactly gets saved when checking the 'protect modernUI apps' preset? That should give an idea.

more_horiz
Shocked which expert options ?

more_horiz
Ooo are we getting 0.99.5 today?

more_horiz
@dany00711:
In "Optimizations", you will get 2 new Options (based on the excellent work of billybully and mrpotter2510 : LINK) :
- "EXPERT - Net Framework Cleanup"
- "EXPERT - WinSXS Cleanup"
--> But you need to use them very extreme precaution because it could cause many troubles with software or system (read carefully Help Tips). For the moment, we only know that using "EXPERT - WinSxS Cleanup" could break Windows Update and some slipstreamed Updates will not be installed during 1st setup.

@spidernz: Definitively YES !

@aymanalz : Could you please try this : create a new customized ISO (from an untouched ISO) with new v0.99.5 build, while removing everything you want (especially services and with "Preset - Protect Modern UI Apps" disable) BUT do not remove all Modern UI APPS. Then in a 2nd try, Try to remove all Modern UI Apps except "Immmersive CPL". Then let me know how it will work, thank you !  Very Happy 

@all: v0.99.5 will be a major update, as I told you before, especially because many things have been added to ensure a better user experience ... So if there will not be to many troubles, I will release the Final build very soon, maybe around 1st January 2014 !  Very Happy

more_horiz
Shocked aha net fram. cleanup ?

more_horiz
Yes, embedded net fram 4.5.1 in windows 8.1. You could use it if you don't need to use depending software, I've tried to keep all necessary files to launch winreducer ...  Wink 

more_horiz
i remove firewall service, sec center indexing serv error rep biometric family safety but now see that this services is still on iso  Shocked  Shocked
 also remove winsat same it came back  Shocked
also windows mobile Pc

more_horiz
Did you proceed to updates after installation ?

more_horiz
no i dont install i just save iso now i unpack iso and i see that it come back  Shocked

more_horiz
i can upload my install.wim or i dont know what wrong or can you connect to my pc i have team viewer  Cool

more_horiz
winterstorm2050 wrote:

@aymanalz : Could you please try this : create a new customized ISO (from an untouched ISO) with new v0.99.5 build, while removing everything you want (especially services and with "Preset - Protect Modern UI Apps" disable) BUT do not remove all Modern UI APPS. Then in a 2nd try, Try to remove all Modern UI Apps except "Immmersive CPL". Then let me know how it will work, thank you !  Very Happy 

If I understand correctly, I have already done that with v0.99.4. I should have mentioned that as scenario 1 in my previous post.

If I don't enable 'protect modernUI apps' preset, but keep every single modernUI app, then changing user picture works.

If I don't enable 'protect modernUI apps', but remove every modernUI app except 'immersive CP', then I get the scenario described in my previous post, that when I click 'change user pic', for a moment that screen revolving animation happens, but after that I only get a blank screen, with no control panel items to change.

If I enable the 'protect' preset AND keep immersive CP, then everything works.

The only combination I have not tried is disabling the preset and keeping immersive CP.

If you think that might be useful, I shall try it with v.0.99.5.

more_horiz
I just want you to try in v0.99.5 with my extreme preset (all available in few hours) :

- 1st : remove all your components (services, ...) with "Protect modern UI Apps" disabled (keep all Modern UI Apps) : I just want to know if something happens with services.

- 2nd : Test this ISO in a VM. If "user picture" works then do next step.

- 3rd : Mount again this ISO, and remove all Modern UI Apps except Immersive cpl

Then let me know for each point. Thank you !

more_horiz
Rolling Eyes what about my problem

more_horiz
Hey guys,

Here we go, WinReducer 8.1 - v0.99.5 (pre-final) is available for all members, only available in the WinReducer website :
CHANGELOG :

* NEW
- “Clear Settings” : Add a button to completly clear all settings loaded by a wccf preset file in WinReducer
- “Accessories – Welcome Center”
- “Tweaks - Logon - Enable Secure Logon”
- “Tweaks - System - CTRL+ALT+DEL Screen - Hide Change Password”
- “Tweaks - System - CTRL+ALT+DEL Screen - Hide Lock Computer”
- “Tweaks - System - CTRL+ALT+DEL Screen - Hide Logoff”
- “Tweaks - System - CTRL+ALT+DEL Screen - Hide Shutdown Icon”
- “Tweaks - System - CTRL+ALT+DEL Screen - Hide Switch User”
- “Tweaks - System - CTRL+ALT+DEL Screen - Hide Task Manager”
- “Tweaks - Taskbar - Disable Taskbar Grouping”
- “Tweaks - Taskbar – Remove Language Bar”
- “Optimizations - EXPERT - Net Framework Cleanup” : It cleans unneeded files and folders to save many space. EXPERIMENTAL option. It could cause troubles with software depending on Net Framework
- “Optimizations - EXPERT - WinSXS Cleanup” : It completely clean the WinSxS folder to save even more space. EXPERIMENTAL option. It breaks Windows Updates but if you integrate them before installation, there will be problem
- “WinReducer Update Tool” is available with the newest December 2013 Updates Catalog
- “WinReducer Update Tool” : Windows Updates are available to download
- “WinReducer Update Tool” : Graphic cards Drivers links are available
- “WinReducer Update Tool” : Motherboard (Chipset) Drivers links are available
- “WinReducer Update Tool” : Motherboard (Storage) Drivers links are available
- “WinReducer Update Tool” : Network (Ethernet) Drivers links are available
- “WinReducer Update Tool” : Network (Wireless) Drivers links are available
- “WinReducer Update Tool” : Sound Card Drivers links are available
- “WinReducer Update Tool” : USB 3.0 Drivers links are available
- “WinReducer Update Tool” : Audio Software links are available
- “WinReducer Update Tool” : Internet Browser Software links are available
- “WinReducer Update Tool” : Text Editor Software links are available
- “WinReducer Update Tool” : Video Software links are available

* UPDATED
- English language file to v0.99.5
- “WinReducer Updates Tool” : GUI cosmetics improvements
- “Accessories – Accessibility” : Improve Remove cleanup
- New category : “Remove – Control Panels” (Take care at your wccf file)
- New category : “Remove – Modern UI Apps” with all name changed (Take care at your wccf file)
- “Control Panels (Files)” : Choosing one of them will remove automatically all according shortcuts
- “Drivers” : Improve many names with “Support -” (Take care at your wccf file)
- “Help Tips” : GUI cosmetics improvement
- “Help Tips” : Various updates and Improvements
- “WCCF Presets file” : Loading a preset will automatically clean all settings in WinReducer

* FIXED
- Solved error during WinReducer 1st configuration setup
- Solved error to download WinReducer Update if not connected to internet
- “Load WCCF preset file” : Didn’t work properly with “System - OEM Prepared Folder” and “System - OOBE Configuration”
- “Customizations – Various” : Added missing translation string
- “Unattended - Turn Off Computer Sleep” : Didn’t saved properly under certains circumstances
- “Unattended - Turn Off Display” : Didn’t saved properly under certains circumstances

http://www.winreducer.net

Enough talking, go test the latest WinReducer 8.1 build test before the FINAL ...  Very Happy Very Happy  Very Happy  Very Happy  Very Happy  Very Happy
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum