The WinReducer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The WinReducer ForumLog in

FORUM

WinReducer 8.1 (Old discussion)

+73
parapher
Jpm
livingsilver94
demo71
pricecaptain
Mr.T
waldi84
pedilover
xuke771
T3st3r
leom81
castillo92
Alphonso Elric
freak.vulgar
Archimede
gougitany1
ffrules
neoss
dany00711
Cyber2000
FAFAŁ
test55
Cryoniq
YubiGalaxy
lss7777
muharremerd
aymanalz
bart3lon
websun
scottallthefriends
brazilcoco
ruby2hora
~BSOD~
yselimk
zumoc
aydentist86
Greatmetal
burt88
caphp
ziloth
Blaireau
Karolina
bymax
Ducco
mido26683
hclarkjr
Intelmaster
NODeath
slickric21
xmasivex
mrpotter2510
Veki385
sc7es
rafa9009
seiferflo
MrosPros
Niko
bay12
savale
dave999
billybully
gjoyal
carlese
spidernz
lucaskent
amin20
KrX
panman
inallsorts
theKramer
tupac4u
mau370
winterstorm2050
77 posters

descriptionWinReducer 8.1 (Old discussion) - Page 8 EmptyRe: WinReducer 8.1 (Old discussion)

more_horiz
Hey flo,

Here are my answers for your 20 first questions ... Very Happy

Flo's Report Beta5 :

See you soon for the next questions

descriptionWinReducer 8.1 (Old discussion) - Page 8 EmptyRe: WinReducer 8.1 (Old discussion)

more_horiz
with beta 6 I brought back the x64 windows 8.1 ga1 pro vl edition iso to 2,0gb.
Installed size is 4,9gb
I didn't find any issues yet Smile
Really nice to save some gb's on my ssd drives and those reduced editions are blowing fast Cool

more_horiz
Hello, I need an advice. I removed 260 unneeded parts and everything went fine, except longer account login. It took about 15-20 seconds to log in (usualy about 3 seconds). The second problem was that after drivers installation, first system update and restart, the system UI (not metro UI, I mean desktop), did not load. There was only moving cursor visible on a black screen. I could open task manager (ctrl+alt+del), and I could open explorer by right clicking on a process and pressing "open file destination", but I could do nothing more. Neutral Do you have an idea what part I should not remove to prevent this? I tried to remove only parts that I know.

more_horiz
winterstorm2050 wrote:
Hey guys,

Here we go with WinReducer 8.1 v0.96 (beta 6) is available for all members, follow the short Skydrive link below to download it :
http://sdrv.ms/1dhGynD
There are up to 680 components !

FOR THIS BETA 6, IT'S REALLY IMPORTANT TO FOLLOW THESE INFORMATIONS :

1. YOU NEED TO UPDATE THE ENGLISH LANGUAGE FILE AND THE OFFICIAL THEME
FOR THIS YOU NEED TO DELETE "English.xml" (in Languages folder) and WinReducer81 folder (in Themes folder) TO REPLACE THEM USING THE HOWTO FILE PROVIDED WITH THE ZIP PACKAGE

2. Many components names have been changed, so in order to avoid troubles you need to recreate a new wccf file. And after beta 6, you could consider wccf file as stable. So there won't be major changes in components names ... Sorry for this !

So if you'll discover a bug, please let me know in this thread.

Enough talking, go test this new WinReducer 8.1 build ... Very Happy
Many thanks for this Winter, looking forward to putting every function/option to the test.

Cheers Smile

more_horiz
WinReducer 8.1 (Old discussion) - Page 8 Fsyr

my english not good, i am getting this message. anybody know why? thanks for help...

more_horiz
Bugs

hi

*if we want open service or local group policy editor we see this message

<no apps are install to open this type of link (res)>

*if we use Unattended  windows can not install because on getting Ready stop

*in tweaks we can not see (see This-pc on desktop) please add it

*boot direct to desktop (Right click on taskbar > propertiese > navigation > start screen >
(when i sign in or close all app on a screen)  if check it metro Kill on windows 8.1 please add this setting for boot directly to desktop

hava a nice time!

more_horiz
I've been trying to slim down Win 8.1 pro x64.
So far i've created a few working iso files but in none of them the 'change pc settings' option works, it just returns to desktop/metro immediately.
I made sure to check all boxes that protect system files and such.
Maybe it doesn't allow removal of internet exploiter 11?

Code:

of course i made sure that ModernUI - Immersive Control Panel is not removed.

The windows application log shows:

Code:

Activation of app windows.immersivecontrolpanel_cw5n1h2txyewy!
microsoft.windows.immersivecontrolpanel failed with error: This app does not support the contract specified or is not installed.

I Just found out the problem, the Windows Store service needs to be running in order to run these 'apps'. And while at it, i also noticed that these 'change pc settings' contain absolutely nothing that i can just do using the regular methods and control panel.

descriptionWinReducer 8.1 (Old discussion) - Page 8 EmptyWOW

more_horiz
wow, i LOVE the new layout! So simple to use and it just looks beautiful!

One additional suggestion for upcoming builds would be presets for services: blackviper safe / tweaked. That would be just top notch!

more_horiz
panman wrote:

my english not good, i am getting this message. anybody know why? thanks for help...
You can see in the log that you are missing files. you need to add those files to the APPS folder!!
Read the guide in the zip file for beta 6.

more_horiz
hey winter,

1- why dont you seperate the Tweaks from Removal "Tab" to a new own "Tab" like Services ? because its has nothing to do with removing.

2. is the background a bit to short?

WinReducer 8.1 (Old discussion) - Page 8 N6tnw5714xaz

3. what exactly is happening here?

WinReducer 8.1 (Old discussion) - Page 8 3cds58c5zh7m

so far removing 439 things and all working well :=)
x64 iso from 3.52GB to 1.61Gb Razz

EDIT 1:

in English.xml line 390

"Delete the deprecated moreicons.dll file"

the .dll is call

Code:

moricons.dll
without an "e" in more

more_horiz
Please, does someone know what could cause the black screen after login?

more_horiz
hey winterstorm

i found something. i was testing and testing a lot because somethin was breaking my windows installation:

WinReducer 8.1 (Old discussion) - Page 8 F99lmzh13c

and after hours i found it was this option:

WinReducer 8.1 (Old discussion) - Page 8 4ijd6jp8tsjp

i will test tomorrow if it does the same when i select delay start etc (need to slepp its 1am ;O)

also i cant remove this 2 things:

WinReducer 8.1 (Old discussion) - Page 8 Zczfl1yu2kwf

i think i removed these 2 things because if i click on it nothing happens

here my wccf if it helps

http://www22.zippyshare.com/v/96993340/file.html

more_horiz
panman wrote:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm getting this error message as well upon mounting an extracted image.

Code:

See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
  at WinReducer81.Form_Open.bGW_Mount_RunWorkerCompleted(Object sender, RunWorkerCompletedEventArgs e)
  at System.ComponentModel.BackgroundWorker.OnRunWorkerCompleted(RunWorkerCompletedEventArgs e)
  at System.ComponentModel.BackgroundWorker.AsyncOperationCompleted(Object arg)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
    Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.33440 built by: FX45W81RTMREL
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
WinReducer81
    Assembly Version: 1.0.5063.20715
    Win32 Version:
    CodeBase: file://VBOXSVR/Win8/WinReducer81_v0.96_BetaTest6/WinReducer81.exe
System.Windows.Forms
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System.Drawing
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Xml
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
System.Configuration
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
    <system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

more_horiz
i'm getting this error too when mounting Windows 8.1 Pro N image, i've just enabled the netfx3 on it and saved before using Winreducer

Code:

See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
  at WinReducer81.Form_Remover.Remover_Populated()
  at WinReducer81.Form_Remover.Form_Remover_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e)
  at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnLoad(EventArgs e)
  at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnCreateControl()
  at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl(Boolean fIgnoreVisible)
  at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl()
  at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
  at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
  at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
  at System.Windows.Forms.ContainerControl.WndProc(Message& m)
  at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
  at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WndProc(Message& m)
  at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
  at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
  at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
    Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.34003 built by: FX45W81RTMGDR
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll
WinReducer81
    Assembly Version: 1.0.5063.20715
    Win32 Version:
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WinReducer81/WinReducer81.exe
System.Windows.Forms
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System.Drawing
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System
    Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.34003 built by: FX45W81RTMGDR
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Xml
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
System.Configuration
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
    <system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

more_horiz
Hello guys,

You want to really thank you for your feedbacks !

@amine20:
1. open service or local group policy editor we see this message <no apps are install to open this type of link (res)> : It could be "Remove - Network - Internet Explorer (Engine)"
2. I will add "Add This-pc on desktop", good idea thank you !
3. boot direct to desktop is already available in tweaks = "System - Boot directly to Desktop"

@KrXkrX2:
1. Tweaks will be moved in the System tab once available
2. It will be fixed in the beta 7 WinReducer 8.1 Official Theme. So you will need to download and replace with the new beta 7 WinReducer 8.1 Official Theme.
3. The command window during Windows setup is there because it seems you have activated "Unattended - WinSXS DISM Cleanup"
4. I will replace the "moricons.dll" in the beta 7
5. For your setup installation trouble, it could be a WinReducer bug with an Optimizations option, I reproduce a similar bug and I'm investigating that as we speak. For me Features - Internet printing is not responsible
6. Control Panel shortcut : you remove work folder and action center so they should be remove, I will have a look

@Karolina:
I don't have any idea because I didn't experienced that ...Did you remove too much components ?

@ panmam, Greatmetal and mrpotter2510:
I need to dig with a possible net framework 3.5 trouble. In the meantime, please test this procedure : delete your WinReducer folder and recreate a new one with a fresh and updated WinReducer executable, language file and Official theme. I change many things in the language file and in the official theme, so it could be that. Let me know the result, thank you !

Very Happy

more_horiz
Is it possible to use administrator account by default with the latest beta 6?

Can i run winreducer on windows 8 instead of 8.1?

more_horiz
carlese wrote:
Is it possible to use administrator account by default with the latest beta 6?

Can i run winreducer on windows 8 instead of 8.1?
Question 1: I havent tested yet.
Question 2: Winreducer8.1 ONLY works on Win 8.1
                Winreducer8 ONLY works on Win 8
                Winreducer7 ONLY works on Win 7

more_horiz
Karolina wrote:
Please, does someone know what could cause the black screen after login?
Can you check if you removed graphics AGP driver. that might cause an issue as you may not have a driver for that...
Just a thought

more_horiz
Hi

I Have some Idea : For Tweaks

*add <take ownership> to Right-click
*add fast mouse speed(pointer speed to fast)
*add disable bandwidth Limit(80 to 0 for faster internet speed)
*Enable Legacy .net framework 3.5

Thank you

more_horiz
winterstorm2050 wrote:

@KrXkrX2:

3. The command window during Windows setup is there because it seems you have activated "Unattended - WinSXS DISM Cleanup"
5. For your setup installation trouble, it could be a WinReducer bug with an Optimizations option, I reproduce a similar bug and I'm investigating that as we speak. For me Features - Internet printing is not responsible
3. where can i find this .cmd (or .batch), i would really like to know what is done there Razz

5. i tested again a little bit:

blank " "                     Installation OK
             " - "                          Installation OK
             "Disabled"                   Installation Corrupt
             "Remove"                    Installation Corrupt

i alwasy forget to look when it really happens but at this point:

WinReducer 8.1 (Old discussion) - Page 8 Whlndrg4m2

it gets to 80% for sure. than i forget to look so it should be between 80%-100% or at beginning of installation of Features

more_horiz
@winterstorm2050: I've tried reinstall everything in Winreducer 8.1 but still error Neutral

more_horiz
theKramer: No, I didn't remove graphic drivers. This is my .wccf file, if it helps. I could login normally (except the longer login - about 15sec) before windows update, but after update and restart, the black screen appeared.Neutral 

Code:

http://webshare.cz/#/file/5656221Kv2

more_horiz
@KrXkrX2 : I've looked at the Action Center control panel and for you it is normal because you choose "Presets - Protect Windows GUI Activation". I will improve that with an updated "Presets - Automatic Removing Process"

@mrpotter2510 : I've updated the "mscvr120.dll" file with latest version with beta 7 -> But another idea : Are you trying to customize an ISO created with beta 6 ? If yes, with beta 7 many things have changed so you need to use an untouched ISO.

@Karolina : Unfortunately it seems that an update cause this, because of removed component. So the solution for you will be to integrate directly your update in windows (this comes soon in winreducer 8.1). But let me know if you have some informations about that ...

more_horiz
KrX wrote:
winterstorm2050 wrote:

@KrXkrX2:

3. where can i find this .cmd (or .batch), i would really like to know what is done there Razz
hi winterstorm

its me again Razz

didnt you see me question earlier? if its a secret is ok with me Wink

but i found something again

when i select something here :

WinReducer 8.1 (Old discussion) - Page 8 Ez6nso442jte

all icons disapear from my desktop ( i need to activate it again)
it doesnt matter what i select it happens with all 3 options (tested)

the tweaks itself are working like it should

more_horiz
No secret here, Wink, I just forgot to answer you about this, and it's a DISM command : "/Cleanup-Image /StartComponentCleanup" (I will add an option to also activate "/ResetBase", to remove deprecated updates files). It's loaded during unattended pass because it can't be launched during winreducer process. It doesn't work when pending updates and some windows features.

I will have a look on your bug ... thank you ! Very Happy

descriptionWinReducer 8.1 (Old discussion) - Page 8 EmptyNeed help!

more_horiz
Hi Guys!

Im removing alot of stuff but my iso still turns out really big. My most recent test was, everything in features tab remove+everything in remover tab except tweaks and winsxs cleanup.

No spaces.

Defender with realtime protection disabled.

and i still end up with an iso larger then 2.86gb.

Tried both run as admin and without admin priv.

Please help me.Crying or Very sad

more_horiz
aydentist86 wrote:
Hi Guys!

Im removing alot of stuff but my iso still turns out really big. My most recent test was, everything in features tab remove+everything in remover tab except tweaks and winsxs cleanup.

No spaces.

Defender with realtime protection disabled.

and i still end up with an iso larger then 2.86gb.

Tried both run as admin and without admin priv.

Please help me.Crying or Very sad
Are you sure you've checked Input Method Editor, Natural Languages & Speech? Those are the biggest components
If you want to reduce more size, you can manual delete all things in windows\winsxs folder, just keep some important folders (*vc80*, *vc90*, *controls.resources*, *common-controls*, *gdiplus*, *servicingstack*, Catalogs, FileMaps, Manifests) it'll reduce alot but you'll lose the update function

@winterstorm: no, i used an original wim, manual mount it & enable netfx3, then unmount it with /commit parameter, then i use Winreducer and the error appears

more_horiz
winterstorm2050 wrote:
Hello guys,

You want to really thank you for your feedbacks !
Hey Winter,

I've started the testing process with Winreducer Beta 6, and all Is going great thus far. Just a suggestion, In the unattended setup, would It be possible to also Implement the option to "skip the language selection". I like the current options (hide boot Image selection, accept EULA, hide local account and so forth), but would love the option to skip the language selection as well.

Just thanking you for your continual hard work & support with all Winreducer projects Smile

more_horiz
Hello guys,

@aydentist86: Do you have SetACL version 3.0.6 ?

@mrpotter2510: Weird, I tried to enable net framework 3.5 and launch winreducer and it work for me ...

@inallsorts: Please explain more this option "skip the language selection" ? I suppose you speak about the setup boot.

more_horiz
@winterstorm2050: i've tried with 4 versions of win 8.1: pro vl, enterprise, pro n vl & enterprise n. all are roll up versions. only 2 n versions don't work, the others work as u say.
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum