The WinReducer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The WinReducer ForumLog in

FORUM

WinReducer 7.0 - FINAL Builds

+38
greenworld
scarface
alecuba16
qbert79
foobar
BrianValentine
ntuser1
phox13
Y314K
geblex
Echap
taso
Mesen
xuke771
aymaliev
home7ech
Forseti
erio
kiai
kabino
pricecaptain
ltGuillaume
rami7250
roguebert
highend
exe98123q
babyboom666
Torrentus
tistou77
KrX
welkin
billybully
spidernz
savale
parapher
zuardin
pedilover
winterstorm2050
42 posters

descriptionWinReducer 7.0 - FINAL Builds - Page 19 EmptyRe: WinReducer 7.0 - FINAL Builds

more_horiz
CLOSING : v2.99.5.2 - End of Feedbacks and Support posts !

descriptionWinReducer 7.0 - FINAL Builds - Page 19 EmptyRe: WinReducer 7.0 - FINAL Builds

more_horiz
STARTING : v2.99.5.3 - Begin of Feedbacks and Support posts !

CHANGELOG :

@KrX : Take care at this :
- FIX : "Unattended - User Account Name" : Didn't work properly while using a language file different from English
==> In fact, I discovered this bug, when using the French translation I started to do. So, each time you want to create an account with a WCCF file, the group was automatically set to "Users" even if you selected "Administrators". This was not happen with the English file.
==> So, maybe you could check your wccf (the one in your ISO) if the group of the account has been set to "USERS" and not "ADMINISTRATORS", as you requested it. This should solved many troubles with permissions rights ....

more_horiz
winterstorm2050 wrote:
@KrX : Take care at this :
- FIX : "Unattended - User Account Name" : Didn't work properly while using a language file different from English
==> In fact, I discovered this bug, when using the French translation I started to do. So, each time you want to create an account with a WCCF file, the group was automatically set to "Users" even if you selected "Administrators". This was not happen with the English file.
==> So, maybe you could check your wccf (the one in your ISO) if the group of the account has been set to "USERS" and not "ADMINISTRATORS", as you requested it. This should solved many troubles with permissions rights ....

The wccf i send you was the one from my iso (and yes the group is administrators), because i use winreducer in english language

i will test this version tomorrow and report back as soon as im finished.

more_horiz
it happend again:

WinReducer 7.0 - FINAL Builds - Page 19 R3kabttf

i used again the same preset

EDIT: now my boot.wim looks like that too oO

EDIT2:

the vssapi.dll is still missing (but not at system32 like i said befor but at SysWOW64

---

the registry tweaks are now working

more_horiz
I regret to say that 2.99.5.3 is still running very slow..It will stay long in this place,only WinReducer70.exe process in Task Manager,memory footprint and CPU usage without any change,it seems to be suspended..
WinReducer 7.0 - FINAL Builds - Page 19 Aez10

more_horiz
hey winter,

i think i reported it some time ago.

When i load a wccf file , for example it "loads" 488 components to be removed and i deselect EVERYTHING but keep maybe Paint (so only paint should be removed) and i hit the appy button, winreducer is removing 488 components

more_horiz
Hey guys,

I will release a new build this week-end with some bugs fix ...  Very Happy

more_horiz
Waiting for version 3.00. I switch to Windows 7 my OS from Windows 8.1. Because customized Windows 7 much better than customized Windows 8.1(for performance-games, CAD-CAM, rendering etc...). Windows 8.1 deeply integrated many component and there are also many rubish components.

more_horiz
Hi winterstorm,
happy birthday to you. Go on developing this genial software. thank you for this.
Regards
Pedilover

more_horiz
pedilover wrote:
Hi winterstorm,
happy birthday to you. Go on developing this genial software. thank you for this.
Regards
Pedilover
Thank you, I really appreciate !  Very Happy 

@all : I will try to release this new build (I promised) before the end of this week !  Smile 

more_horiz
Hello guys,

I confirm that I will release a new build on 22 June 2014 : v2.99.6.0 (Beta) !

Best Regards.

Very Happy

more_horiz
we waiting for, thx man

more_horiz
Hello guys,

WinReducer 7.0 - v2.99.6.0 (Beta 1) has been released !

CHANGELOG :

Best Regards.

winterstorm2050

more_horiz
hey winter,

if i want to download the new version via the link on the first post there is no version 2.99.6.0 only 2.99.5.3

more_horiz
Hey,

That's right, and I've updated the 1st post to consider an Official Link (website) and an Archives link (the one you are talking) !

Thanks ...  Smile 

And I'm working to solve the VMware installation bug ...  Wink 

more_horiz

Code:

- FIX : WCCF file didn't work properly when you changed a value and want to apply or save them

- FIX : "WinReducer Database website link" : Didn't work properly

works fine now Wink

more_horiz
Thank you Winstorm for this wonderfull project really appreciated buddy Wink, wish you good luck for the rest thanks again.

more_horiz
Thank you guys, I really appreciate !

Smile

more_horiz
thx a lot winter, after many test i made = this version is very fast, no freezing and stabil, u made a great job man

more_horiz
Thank you very much my friend !  Very Happy 

more_horiz
hi winterstorm2050
thanks for the update, really appreciate your hard work  cheers 

I had a little confusion about all the necessary files for winreducer7 2.99.6.0 beta1 Which one should I use these files?
1. 7.zip and 7zip.dll from 7zip v9.34 or lower version
2. imagex.exe build 6.1.7600 (waik3) or imagex.exe build 6.3.9431 (waik4. 1)
3. oscdimg.exe build 2.55 (waik3) or oscdimg.exe build 2.56 (waik4. 1)

And you provide all the necessary files for winreducer from this link http://adf.ly/pmeje (from Facebook fan page) Which have 7zip v9.30; imagex.exe build 6.2.9200; oscdimg.exe build 2.56

more_horiz
Hello,

Thank you !

You need to forget everything you used before, because I've entirely reworked the 1st WinReducer configuration page !

WinReducer is now able to download all necessary executable files from their owners website :
1) it automatically extracts only the necessary files, needed for WinReducer to work, from these downloaded executable (you could find them in the "Home -> Software -> Sources" folder)
2) it automatically copies these files in the correct folder.

So, you just need to extract the content of the WinReducer zip file, launch Winreducer70.exe and hit each name of necessary files in the configuration page, then everything will be done for you automatically !

Best Regards.

more_horiz
winterstorm2050 wrote:
Hello,

Thank you !

You need to forget everything you used before, because I've entirely reworked the 1st WinReducer configuration page !

WinReducer is now able to download all necessary executable files from their owners website :
1) it automatically extracts only the necessary files, needed for WinReducer to work, from these downloaded executable (you could find them in the "Home -> Software -> Sources" folder)
2) it automatically copies these files in the correct folder.

So, you just need to extract the content of the WinReducer zip file, launch Winreducer70.exe and hit each name of necessary files in the configuration page, then everything will be done for you automatically !

Best Regards.

Ah thats how it works Wink
i was yesterday a but confused how to do it, it thought i need to click the "button" but it stayed "off" and than i thought i need to click on the website link.

maybe it should be a bit more user friendly.

and also i just tried it, it worked well with reshacker and 7zip (downloaded the .exe and installed it)
but the other one that are .zip, it downloaded them well but than nothing happend. i needed to click on the name again, than it installed them and now everything works

more_horiz
1) The best solution is to recreate your entire WinReducer folder ! To restart from the beginning ... Wink

EDIT : I added a link named "Read these Important Installation Instructions" on all website download page (on top of the each "Download" button) to simply explain, with screenshots, how you need to do !

2) KRX, are you able to test this build for your Expert winsxs cleanup troubles, and let me know, thank you !  Smile 

OneDrive Link

more_horiz
winterstorm2050 wrote:
1) The best solution is to recreate your entire WinReducer folder ! To restart from the beginning ... Wink

EDIT : I added a link named "Read these Important Installation Instructions" on all website download page (on top of the each "Download" button) to simply explain, with screenshots, how you need to do !

2) KRX, are you able to test this build for your Expert winsxs cleanup troubles, and let me know, thank you !  Smile 

OneDrive Link

no it didnt work (i need to say removing step by step i.e. first features than components etc works sometimes, but removing everything at once i get this problem)

it looks like at boot.wim it didnt remove anything from WinSxS. There are still 1209 folders in it.

at install.wim there is an folder at the root (next to Windows folder etc) named EXPERIMENTAL and in it there are all the files that need to be at WinSxS.
and at WinSxS  there are 3 folder:

amd64_microsoft-windows-p..ndprintui.resources_31bf3856ad364e35_6.1.7600.16385_de-de_85f6c12b845befb7
x86_microsoft-windows-d..andgroups.resources_31bf3856ad364e35_6.1.7600.16385_de-de_6a84c19c1214b4c6
x86_microsoft-windows-d..ment-core.resources_31bf3856ad364e35_6.1.7600.16385_de-de_68d7339533b16ed1

so maybe its an permission problem? because this 3 folders could be removed ?

more_horiz
hey winter,

i just tried again version 2.99.6.0 (downloaded from the mainpage) and at install.wim And boot.wim the "EXPERIMENTAL" folder moved from "%root%" to "%root%\Windows\WinSxS\"

next to this Experimental folder there where some other folders:

install.wim:
amd64_microsoft-windows-t..tivexcore.resources_31bf3856ad364e35_6.1.7601.17514_de-de_28f6e087ae3fd202

amd64_microsoft-windows-m..river-rll.resources_31bf3856ad364e35_6.1.7600.16385_de-de_0dfed573cd5e3dc0

amd64_microsoft-windows-m..qlxml-rll.resources_31bf3856ad364e35_6.1.7600.16385_de-de_a6c4485b2cd53f58

boot.wim:

x86_microsoft-windows-d..ment-core.resources_31bf3856ad364e35_6.1.7601.17514_de-de_6b08475d309ff26b

WinReducer 7.0 - FINAL Builds - Page 19 49jtdrdn

EDIT:

it seems so that this tweak does not work for me

<Element Category="Tweaks" Name="Start Menu - Run Icon (Show)" Selected="true" />

more_horiz
hi winter,
Tweaks -> Context menu - Add Take Ownership - not working

more_horiz
OK, guys, I will have a look, but could you please use the "Bugs" forum instead. It should more easier for me.

Thank you !  Smile

more_horiz
Hello,

I've worked on WinReducer 8.1 for some times, but I will start to update WinReducer 7.0 during next week ! So I hope to release an RC build sooner ...  Wink 

Best Regards.

winterstorm2050

more_horiz
That sounds very good,thank you Winter. I will test your release when its out.
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum