The WinReducer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The WinReducer ForumLog in

FORUM

WinReducer 8.1 (Old discussion)

+73
parapher
Jpm
livingsilver94
demo71
pricecaptain
Mr.T
waldi84
pedilover
xuke771
T3st3r
leom81
castillo92
Alphonso Elric
freak.vulgar
Archimede
gougitany1
ffrules
neoss
dany00711
Cyber2000
FAFAŁ
test55
Cryoniq
YubiGalaxy
lss7777
muharremerd
aymanalz
bart3lon
websun
scottallthefriends
brazilcoco
ruby2hora
~BSOD~
yselimk
zumoc
aydentist86
Greatmetal
burt88
caphp
ziloth
Blaireau
Karolina
bymax
Ducco
mido26683
hclarkjr
Intelmaster
NODeath
slickric21
xmasivex
mrpotter2510
Veki385
sc7es
rafa9009
seiferflo
MrosPros
Niko
bay12
savale
dave999
billybully
gjoyal
carlese
spidernz
lucaskent
amin20
KrX
panman
inallsorts
theKramer
tupac4u
mau370
winterstorm2050
77 posters

descriptionWinReducer 8.1 (Old discussion) - Page 19 EmptyRe: WinReducer 8.1 (Old discussion)

more_horiz
Upload ready, I just want to finish some tests and I will release it ! And good news "Modern UI User Account Picture" has been fixed !!!  Wink

descriptionWinReducer 8.1 (Old discussion) - Page 19 EmptyRe: WinReducer 8.1 (Old discussion)

more_horiz
Hey guys,

Here we go, WinReducer 8.1 - v0.99.3 (pre-final) is available for all members, only available in the WinReducer website :

http://www.winreducer.net

Enough talking, go test the latest WinReducer 8.1 build test before the FINAL ...

descriptionWinReducer 8.1 (Old discussion) - Page 19 EmptyHaving problems!

more_horiz
Been getting this error in windows setup since beta 7 i think.

"The file autorun.dll could not be loaded or is corrupt. Setup cannot continue. Error code is [0x45A]

Please help me!

And please tell me how to attach my wccf.

Thanks

more_horiz
Remove control panel Windows To Go thx.

WinReducer 8.1 (Old discussion) - Page 19 T8kt

more_horiz
i don't know if this problem is already recognized but after the first windows update the boot of windows remain black..seem the desktop remain dark. If i press ctrl alt canc windows runs but the whith desktop black.

more_horiz
zumoc wrote:
i don't know if this problem is already recognized but after the first windows update the boot of windows remain black..seem the desktop remain dark. If i press ctrl alt canc windows runs but the whith desktop black.

The solution was posted by iss777 on this page itself. Run msconfig, go to services, and disable app readiness. Restart.

more_horiz
1) Change user account picture is still not working.  Sad 

2) Xnview seems to be working.

3) .net framework 3.5 was not enabled, even though I checked that option before reducing. However, I have only used this version one time, and maybe I made a mistake like giving the wrong path to the sxs folder. Hopefully somebody else can confirm whether it works or not.

Which option should I check so that the nativeassembly folders are deleted from windows\assembly, as discussed on another thread?

Is it possible to include a tweak to change the taskbar buttons option (always combine, combine when full, never combine)?

more_horiz
1. Strange, i've tried and it worked great .... I will retest it ... In the meantime, try to don't use "Tweaks - Explorer - Remove Homegroup from Navigation Pane" and "Tweaks - Open and Save Dialog - Remove User Folders Link" to see if it solves the problem ...

EDIT : working for me !

2. OK !

3. It should work, but you can try to delete folders "INTEGRATE\UPDATES\Framework35\x86" and "INTEGRATE\UPDATES\Framework35\x64" folders to remove all the content. Then mount an untouched ISO, it will automatically copy all necessary files in the good folder ! After this you could try to integrate net framework 3.5 using the default folder

4. If you want to activate these EXPERT cleanup ... you need to download the experimental build : LINK ! But take care, it's only for testing purpose, because I will not garantuee the result. It works great but maybe some windows software or features will be broken or don't work ... So be really careful !

5. Yes, it's possible to add new tweaks, just submit a request in the dedicated forum, and if possible with the reg tweaks, it could help me a lot ...

Have a nice day !

more_horiz
winterstorm2050 wrote:
5. Yes, it's possible to add new tweaks, just submit a request in the dedicated forum, and if possible with the reg tweaks, it could help me a lot ...

Have a nice day !

hey winter,

should i search all the regtweaks i postet in this thread and open a new one? so you wount need to search them?

i think i will look for some more tweaks

aymanalz wrote:
Is it possible to include a tweak to change the taskbar buttons option (always combine, combine when full, never combine)?

Code:

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

;no Taskbar grouping
;0 Yes / 1 NO
[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer]
"NoTaskGrouping"=dword:00000001

i will take a look to get the 3 types (always combine, combine when full, never combine) because in this tweaks here is only yes/no

more_horiz
KrX wrote:
should i search all the regtweaks i postet in this thread and open a new one? so you wount need to search them?

Please, yes and post it in the request forum, thank you my friend !  Very Happy

more_horiz
aymanalz wrote:
zumoc wrote:

The solution was posted by iss777 on this page itself. Run msconfig, go to services, and disable app readiness. Restart.

Thank you.I will try...But there some flag in winreducer for disable this services ( in Italian "preparazione app") ?

descriptionWinReducer 8.1 (Old discussion) - Page 19 Emptynew tweaks

more_horiz
Hi all , hi my friend .  Laughing 
this little trick that was like 7
WinReducer 8.1 (Old discussion) - Page 19 Thumb_5067220wywalone
Spoiler :

more_horiz
hey winter,

i found this interesting tool:

https://sourceforge.net/projects/wimlib/

with the comand:

wimlib-imagex.exe optimize C:\Users\KrX\Desktop\install.wim --compress=maximum

(also for boot.wim)

i used an already reduced file

boot.wim befor 194 mb --------> after compressing still 194 but 143 kb smaller oO

install.wim befor 1,24 Gb --------> after compressing 1,22 Gb . 19328 kb smaller   (but it took me nearly 5 mins 30 seconds)

more_horiz
last built is stable ... but now need some patch up for better

1. USB Boot drive creation is danger here ... newbie can format his HDD ... so write code that show only USB drive not HDD

2 there are so many tweak  all are mix up with each other pl divided its to subject wise like explorer , system etc. tag

3 Pl add windows WIM and WIM and ISO creation with reducing select as last tab so  have not touch software till  WIM or WIM and ISO create as one click operation

4 action center control penal link still not deleted after select too remove it 

5 diagnostic policy service still in automatic mode after delete it ....

6 old dialup modem driver still not  in driver remove list

more_horiz
Hi winterstorm, I tried to remove indexing service and natural language without turn on protect windows search preset, as you and zumoc posted before, but that makes the search function only work in windows explorer, doesn't work in start screen Sad

more_horiz
I have now tried reducing and installing several times, but haven't got the 'change user account picture' to work. Is anybody else having this problem? I have tried not checking the 'remove homegroup' and other setting that winterstorm mentioned, but could not get it to work. Is there any other setting that could make the user account picture changer to not work?

descriptionWinReducer 8.1 (Old discussion) - Page 19 EmptyTweaks tweaking more than their titles

more_horiz
Using only the following Tweaks:

• Explorer - Enable Confirmation Dialog to Apply to all Current Items

• Explorer - Show File Extension

• Explorer - Show Hidden Files and Folders

• System - Boot directly to Desktop

• System – Improve Windows Shell Response
  • Taskbar - Show all Icons

I get two issues:

• Protected system files DO get shown (I suspect 'Show Hidden Files and Folders is turning on both hidden and protected?)
  • Taskbar is 2 lines high
    despite having: <Element Category="Appearance" Name="Taskbar Size" Selected="true" Size="1" />

more_horiz
@aymanalz: I can confirm this issue also, and it is a known issue. I'm sure winter is working on it.

more_horiz
theKramer wrote:
@aymanalz: I can confirm this issue also, and it is a known issue. I'm sure winter is working on it.

Actually this issue was supposed to have been rectified in v0.99.3, and winter said that it was working for him since this build. That is why I am perplexed.

Do you have this issue with the latest build as well?

more_horiz
Hey guys,

I'm working on solving a bugs with Net Framework 3.5 integration and modern ui apps, adding automatic removing for all cpl files with their respective shortcuts (including action center cpl), adding some new tweaks, ...  Very Happy 

@scottallthefriends: in fact, selecting Size="1" corresponds to a taskbar with 2 lines, I missed this, and it will be changed in v0.99.4 to be more accurate

@aymanal: Is the button greyed (=disabled) ? Or it's just not working when using it ? Because I've made many tests and each time it works with v0.99.3 ... 

Very Happy

more_horiz
winterstorm2050 wrote:
@aymanal: Is the button greyed (=disabled) ? Or it's just not working when using it ? Because I've made many tests and each time it works with v0.99.3 ... 

Very Happy

No, it is not greyed out, it is clickable; but nothing happens when I click it. I have a suspicion now - After I downloaded the zip file for v0.99.3, I simply drag-dropped all files from it into my folder for v0.99.2, overwriting all files previously there. Could this be a problem - I mean, could there be any file that was not overwritten and is causing this issue/

more_horiz
@aymanalz: No its not that, because I always extract the files to a new folder and just copy over the THEMES and SOFTWARE folders from the previous version of Winreducer.

I get the same issue as you. I click on it, but nothing happens.

more_horiz
Well after a lot of testing it seems if you don't remove any of the modernUI stuff u don't get black screen anymore after updates.

For me everything else works so far.

more_horiz
I'm testing a WinReduced ISO from scratch to see if there is a problem and I will let you know about user picture ...

I have fixed the Net Framework 3.5 integration ...  Very Happy

more_horiz
@winter:
If you need to know, I have been reducing a win 8.1 X64 AIO ISO, and mounting and using only the win 8.1 X64 core from it. I have also tried extracting winreducer to a new folder and using it, so the possible issue I brought up in my previous post is irrelevant.

@Kramer: Are you also using the same windows version that I am?

There is another issue I have been having since winreducer 8, and am still having wih 8.1 - the selection box for choices like 'restart now' or 'restart later' appear kind of weird. I'm not exactly sure how to explain this. I am able to select the proper choice, but that circle with a dot in it (the dot appears when that choice is selected with the mouse) appears messed up. This happens for any such selection windows, regardless of which program is showing that window.

Is that clear? If not, maybe I could upoad a pic.

more_horiz
Im using Windows 8.1 Pro x64

more_horiz
aymanalz wrote:
Is that clear? If not, maybe I could upoad a pic.

Yes, please ...  Wink

more_horiz
Here are two screenshots to illustrate what I mean. They are both from the same program (touchpad properties for synaptec), but it should give you the idea. As you can see, it is difficult to see which items have been checked (selected) and which have not. This happens wherever that kind of checkbox appears - a circle with a dot inside to signify checked and nothing inside to signify unchecked. I have had this strange issue with winreducer 8 as well.

WinReducer 8.1 (Old discussion) - Page 19 Untitl12

WinReducer 8.1 (Old discussion) - Page 19 Untitl13

more_horiz
That's a font problem. My boot.wim file also presents that issue if I remove fonts from it. I would like to know which font is needed in order to avoid this.

more_horiz
billybully wrote:
That's a font problem. My boot.wim file also presents that issue if I remove fonts from it. I would like to know which font is needed in order to avoid this.

Makes sense, since I removed all fonts except the first one (bootcache?). Does someboy know which font not to remove?
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum