The WinReducer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The WinReducer ForumLog in

FORUM

FORUM ALPHA TEST BUILDS

+33
animeware
Geekster
BarskeKjekken
DMD
xanadu73
home7ech
nekro666
Hen Ry
Metaleiroll
frudda
savale
decompiler
carlese
pedilover
rydeordie99
faheem5
scottallthefriends
brittech
Torrentus
Nunzyo92
expanium
Vandit
Voz
gurureducer
caphp
ruby2hora
drew24
ijence
Jpm
KrX
YubiGalaxy
jeffery8341
winterstorm2050
37 posters

descriptionFORUM ALPHA TEST BUILDS - Page 14 EmptyRe: FORUM ALPHA TEST BUILDS

more_horiz
High DPI option on tweaks is not working well. Because if you activated you still got blurry fonts. 
Another question do you remove Admin rights because it causesd problems but even with UAC disable with some applications i have error when executing.

Thanks.

more_horiz
Metaleiroll wrote:
Hello Winterstorm2050

I just tested the UI Tweaks, the Action Center tweak, need to be set as DWORD = 0 "Zero", if enabled.
The Windows Update UI doesnt seem to work on build 10586. Sorry about that  Crying or Very sad
The other tweaks are working great.

Edit*

I found this, now the Windows Update GUI Tweak can work.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Hello,

I've updated all these tweaks in v0.5.5.0 which will be available in few hours. Thank you very much for your reports !

more_horiz
Hello,

"WinReducer EX-100 - v0.5.5.0" is available !

more_horiz
expanium wrote:
High DPI option on tweaks is not working well. Because if you activated you still got blurry fonts. 
Thanks.

I've tried with "EX-100 - v0.5.5.0" in Windows 10 (latest build 10.0.10586.36, updates integrated using EX-100 !) and with 150% there are no troubles. What do you use as Windows 10 and EX-100 builds ?

expanium wrote:
Another question do you remove Admin rights because it causesd problems but even with UAC disable with some applications i have error when executing.
Thanks.

Please could you please be more specific about this, because I'm not sure to correctly understand what is your request. Thank you very much for your understanding Smile

Have a nice day !

more_horiz
winterstorm2050 wrote:
expanium wrote:
Thanks.

I've tried with "EX-100 - v0.5.5.0" in Windows 10 (latest build 10.0.10586.36, updates integrated using EX-100 !) and with 150% there are no troubles. What do you use as Windows 10 and EX-100 builds ?

expanium wrote:
Thanks.

Please could you please be more specific about this, because I'm not sure to correctly understand what is your request. Thank you very much for your understanding Smile

Have a nice day !

- I tried with 125% with formatted Windows and there are blurry font for example(viewing hardware on device manager you can see all hardware titles is kinda blurry). I tried with last version of windreducer and same thing happen. See word "Gestor de dispostivos" then compare to word "Ação" or see devices on tree you can see it's blurry comparing to title. Maybe it's not clear on picture but believe me it's tremble.
        100%:
FORUM ALPHA TEST BUILDS - Page 14 10012

125%:
FORUM ALPHA TEST BUILDS - Page 14 12512

150%:
FORUM ALPHA TEST BUILDS - Page 14 15011

125% with DPI FIX app activated:
FORUM ALPHA TEST BUILDS - Page 14 125_fi12

PS: Choose 2nd option direct link to see image on original size and see for yourself  Laughing

- About admin sorry about not explaing well. For example when i tried to download file and i copy directly to disk d: (my second partition) it give administration error said i don't have permission to save on this location. Figured that out! Laughing I found that i have some folders (almost all of them) on d: with some problems on admin which not let me to copy and modifiy files inside what i had done was creating new folder and copy files from old folder.

- Another question everytime i installl Windows 10 i need to go to disk management and activate my "invisible" 2nd partition : to d: because it didn't show on my computer. I know this isn't anything to do with Winreducer but anyone know what is causing this?

- Do you see option under Remove - Network -> Smart Screen i put on but it doesn't work well because this window still appear: Shouldn't dissapear?

FORUM ALPHA TEST BUILDS - Page 14 How-to10

- btw do you want to try my wccf file? Just to be sure

Cheers  Very Happy

more_horiz
Hello,

I will check about "tweaks - high dpi" and "smart screens" components ... thanks for the report !

more_horiz
Hello Everyone;
I'm wondering if expert winsxs cleanup (install.wim) has become available. Thank You.

more_horiz
Hello,

Yes, it will be available soon, I'm just not able to tell you exactly when Wink

more_horiz
I try to preset a Windows 10 x86 (th2)
and I cannot install it under VMPlayer.
My question is how to identify which preset is wrong or alpha 0.5.6.0 bug
here is what I get
Thanks

FORUM ALPHA TEST BUILDS - Page 14 UQAAAABJRU5ErkJggg==

more_horiz
I found the pb it comes from a wrong Framework\x86\microsoft-windows-netfx3-ondemand-package.cab
It was the one from X64.
I don't  understand when those .cab are dowloaded.
I don't also know if a verification of compatibility/coherence can be done.
It could be helpfull to avoid such problem.
Cheers

more_horiz
Hello,

These files are not downloaded ... but copied from your ISO, the 1st time you use it.

In WinReducer, you need to take care about choosing the correct folder architecture for "microsoft-windows-netfx3-ondemand-package.cab". But the best choice is to let WinReducer choose it for you, by simply hit the "OK" button in the folder window.

If there is a bug, please let me know Smile

more_horiz
If loaded from my iso  check can be performed if already exist and be the correct one.
How can I verify that my iso contain it?
Cheers

more_horiz
You will find the file in the "sources\sxs" folder. There will be only one file for the x86 ISO, and only one for the x64 ISO.

more_horiz
I'm having this problem as well, im trying to do tests with the IIS breaking DISM and Framework and DISM cause Krx recently reported that the bug was solved in 10586 builds, but not only getting this error but sometimes seems like if i load a WCCF and try to reduce, something is not loading properly, cause not only the speed of removing is incredibly slow but it stucks at some point of the process, i dont know if its the removing speed profile thats not loading but also might be my windows! Who knows xD, and one question, i've noticed that removing features takes way more time than anything else and only 4 cores of my CPU are beign used, and when removing drivers accessories etc.. all my 8 cores get in use and the removing speed gets insane, is it because features and services have not been fully tested yet?, and the removing engine isnt fully implemented?

more_horiz
Metaleiroll wrote:
is it because features and services have not been fully tested yet?, and the removing engine isnt fully implemented?

Yes, exactly, and good news, I will start next week to improve these components Smile

more_horiz
winterstorm2050 wrote:
Metaleiroll wrote:
is it because features and services have not been fully tested yet?, and the removing engine isnt fully implemented?

Yes, exactly, and good news, I will start next week to improve these components Smile

I cant wait! =D

more_horiz
Hi,
I can't have installation without any prompt as I was used to with win8.1.
I use the unattended preset but I get prompt for the Windows Key whatever I enter the key as it is after activation.
Perhaps there is a registry entry to be set to avoid such prompt.
Thanks for the help

more_horiz
Hi,
I don't knos if it is very important but I think dism.exe execution which is very agressive with CPU and disk IO  can be executed is below normal priority which will not impact the exection time if executed without other Windows applications active but will allows to execute other Windows applications during the WinReducer process
Cheers

more_horiz
Just a question.
do I need to convetrt an Iso containing .esd to a .Wim?
I seems that .esd is now supported. so the question is about performance loading.
When I did use a .esd the result contains a .Wim which is OK for me just some extra space in the .iso

more_horiz
Hey Jpm

Hi,
I can't have installation without any prompt as I was used to with win8.1.
I use the unattended preset but I get prompt for the Windows Key whatever I enter the key as it is after activation.
Perhaps there is a registry entry to be set to avoid such prompt.
Thanks for the help

In windows 8 i used to create and ei.cfg file on the sources folder of the ISO with the command:
[EditionID]
Professional
[Channel]
Retail
[VL]

That skipped windows serial promp but i dont know if it works on windows 10

Or you can use and generic serial just to intall and avoid the prompt, and then after install you use your own serial if you dont want to use your serial with AutoUnattend file.

About ESD. its just a more compressed format than Wim, doesnt seem to have impact in performance.

And i'm not sure if i understood your question with the Process priority of DISM.

more_horiz
Thanks for the answer.
About the serial key. I use the standard key as stored in the registry. I think it is the generic key VK7JG-NPHTM-C97JM-9MPGT-3V66T in the unattended section which is stored in the AutoUnattend.xml which does not work.

About Priority I suggest that dsm.exe is launch with "Below normal" priority that will make the process less agressive against other running Windows process.
Youcan do it when Dism.exe is running with the task manager, and verify that new Wndows process will start more right away

Cheers

more_horiz
Jpm wrote:
Thanks for the answer.
About the serial key. I use the standard key as stored in the registry. I think it is the generic key VK7JG-NPHTM-C97JM-9MPGT-3V66T in the unattended section which is stored in the AutoUnattend.xml which does not work.

About Priority I suggest that dsm.exe is launch with "Below normal" priority that will make the process less agressive against other running Windows process.
Youcan do it when Dism.exe is running with the task manager, and verify that new Wndows process will start more right away

Cheers

I see what you meant now, but keeping DISM at normal priority keep it more stable, and while removing, the most distributed resources of your pc towards all of the removing processes the better. But if you wish i think you can change the priority manually so you can see if you'll get better performance.

more_horiz
Keeping as "Below normal" as nothing to do with Stability.
I am not saying that the dism.exe will have better performance for dism.exe but other applications can run in parrallel.

You did not comment about the serial key problem. So what is the way to have it working?

Cheers

more_horiz
Jpm wrote:
Keeping as "Below normal" as nothing to do with Stability.
I am not saying that the dism.exe will have better performance for dism.exe but other applications can run in parrallel.

You did not comment about the serial key problem. So what is the way to have it working?

Cheers

Sorry i misunderstood that, but i thought you were talking about the other processes that run with dism to reduce, also i dont think is the best choice to run heavy apps while reducing, about the serial key thing i dont know what else to do besides setting a key in the Autounattend file, even if the generic one didnt worked properly you should be able to use your own key.

Have you tried the EI.cfg file with that code i talked about?, it was used to avoid serial prompt caused by the UEFI system integration with the OS back at the launch of windows 8 that was a problem xD.

more_horiz
for the priority I think WinterStorm need to give an option so we can use the system during the WinReducer execution if it is the way we want to use the system during the long time of the reduction.

For the key if the option is still usable in the Unattended tab the AutoUnattend.xml must be generated as Windows 10 wants. Perhaps Something as changed.
I know about this old way with ei.cfg but I don't think That the way to handle the key which is stored in the registry which is the generic key as I mention above.

more_horiz
Hello guys,

I've also experienced some troubles about the dism (x64) I will solve this in the next builds. Thanks !

more_horiz
@winterstorm
some feedback about generic Windows key not taken in account?
cheers

more_horiz
Hey,

Absolutely not, I was digging Wink

I've found this thread about this subject and a generic key :

EDIT : In the same thread there are many information, maybe this helps.

Smile

more_horiz
If I understand well the" generic key" allows activation one the system which have been activated before which is my situation.

My concern is why the generated AutoUnattended.xml by WinReducer does not suppress the prompt screen when installing on the system already activated
If ignoring this prompt then the activation after installation is OK
so why to prompt ...

more_horiz
Hello everyone

Hey winterstorm2050, ive reported once a problem with nVidia drivers installation and i discovered that WinSAT might be the problem, i really dont think is a WinReducer bug,its just something required by nVidia drivers setup. Also i'm having problems trying to integrate updates not only with WinReducer and i want to know if someone else have tried updating and couldnt do it as well.

Thanks
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum