The WinReducer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The WinReducer ForumLog in

FORUM

FORUM ALPHA TEST BUILDS

+33
animeware
Geekster
BarskeKjekken
DMD
xanadu73
home7ech
nekro666
Hen Ry
Metaleiroll
frudda
savale
decompiler
carlese
pedilover
rydeordie99
faheem5
scottallthefriends
brittech
Torrentus
Nunzyo92
expanium
Vandit
Voz
gurureducer
caphp
ruby2hora
drew24
ijence
Jpm
KrX
YubiGalaxy
jeffery8341
winterstorm2050
37 posters

descriptionFORUM ALPHA TEST BUILDS - Page 10 EmptyRe: FORUM ALPHA TEST BUILDS

more_horiz
Metaleiroll wrote:
Tested with:
Windows 10 Pro Build 10240 x64

I had a few problems:

1: "ms-settings:display" not found, i dont know if its something i removed or an actual bug.

2: I cant install nVidia drivers by its own installer, i had to use Devices Manager to install the drivers. I had this problem before with other windows versions after using WinReducer, i believe that the problem has to do with Remote Applications or Sharing Shell Extensions in the Network Section but im not sure.

3:  My Xbox One controller doesnt work anymore, does WinReducer removes any drivers along with the XBox App?

Other than that its working great.

My Wccf
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I have the same problem as in point 1.

All ms-settings not working.

more_horiz
Metaleiroll wrote:
Tested with:
Windows 10 Pro Build 10240 x64

I had a few problems:

1: "ms-settings:display" not found, i dont know if its something i removed or an actual bug.

2: I cant install nVidia drivers by its own installer, i had to use Devices Manager to install the drivers. I had this problem before with other windows versions after using WinReducer, i believe that the problem has to do with Remote Applications or Sharing Shell Extensions in the Network Section but im not sure.

3:  My Xbox One controller doesnt work anymore, does WinReducer removes any drivers along with the XBox App?

Other than that its working great.

My Wccf

Hello,

It seems that you removed some features and services which are not fully tested ... so please try without selecting :
- all Drivers
- all services
- "Network - IE (Engine)"
- "Modern UI - Xbox Live"

Let me know if that solve your troubles. Thanks.

more_horiz
caphp wrote:
Hi KrX,

I made some more tests. I choose Default (All) at Features and Default (All) at Services.
This results in the installing loop too.
( This is my used wccf file )

Then I took the wccf, deleted v0.5.0.0 and installed v0.4.18.3 again.

As v0.4.18.3 was working for me with the WinReducer100_v0.4.18.3.wccf from Winterstorm,
it must be a constellation within my wccf.
The particular issue is, that Winterstorms wccf removes 50% more than I do Smile

Hey,

I'm testing your wccf to see if I could reproduce the bug ... Wink

more_horiz
Metaleiroll wrote:

I missed this point ... what are the symptoms about that ?

more_horiz
winterstorm2050 wrote:
Metaleiroll wrote:

I missed this point ... what are the symptoms about that ?

The setup starts normally but after accepting the contract terms the setup window disappear and the process get stuck, they still running on the task manager but nothing happens.

more_horiz
Hey Winterstorm

I've tested the same WCCF without Drivers, Services, XBox App, Network IE Engine and with automatic removing process deactivated cause i think it would delete IE Engine since i selected to remove Internet Explorer in Features section, and the problem with the ms-settings:display is solved, the XBox One controller seems to be working again, i cant really tell cause i tested on VM Ware12 so the controller doesnt work properly but the driver have been installed automatically so might be ok. And sorry but i cant test the nVidia driver problem right now cause i already formatted my pc about 5 times today testing.

Also there is another really interesting thing happening, my iso is official from microsoft and it came with Pro and Home editions, so when i extract the Pro edition and reduce i get an installation error saying that some features files are missing, and if i reduce the original untouched iso and install with the 2 versions "Pro and Home" using the modified edition, which in this case is "Pro" i get the same error, but if i extract the Pro edition after reducing it works fine, now i dont have any words to describe how weird is this xD, and i just didnt selected the option to remove unneeded editions on WinReducer because when i did that in the past i got "missing license file" error in the installation.

My WCCF

By the way as i said, i had this problem with nVidia drivers before specially with windows 8.1, but now i dont have it anymore.
My 8.1 WCCF

more_horiz
Hi Winter,

5.0 is very good, but when I use it to reduce Win10-10586, there are some conponents in Modern UI Apps cannot be removed, please watch the JPG file. Thanks.

FORUM ALPHA TEST BUILDS - Page 10 2147cjm

more_horiz
jeffery8341 wrote:
Hi Winter,

5.0 is very good, but when I use it to reduce Win10-10586, there are some conponents in Modern UI Apps cannot be removed, please watch the JPG file. Thanks.

Thats because the internal names of some packages within 10586 has been changed.
I'm sure Winterstorm will edit this in one of the following versions.

more_horiz
caphp wrote:
jeffery8341 wrote:
Hi Winter,

Thats because the internal names of some packages within 10586 has been changed.

Hi caphp

Thanks.

more_horiz
winterstorm2050 wrote:
expanium wrote:
Hello everyone!
winterstorm with last version 0.5.0.0 i always get error while formatting drive i only tested on VM of course. And i'm sure it's only in this version because i tried with 0.4.x.x with same wccf file (configuration) and it's working well. Thanks

Hello,

Could you please try to recreate your wccf in v0.5.0.0 (without loading the old v0.4.x.x wccf) because many important changes which may result in instabilities ... and have you activated the "Presets - Protect VMware Player" and "Presets - Protect VirtuaBox" ?

Hello winter.

Yes you're correct i tried now without my wccf and now it's working. But i needed to configure all again  Crying or Very sad But at least it's working well and compile ISO and install on VMware.
Thank you. Hope you can upgrade winreducer from this release.

more_horiz
expanium wrote:
winterstorm2050 wrote:
expanium wrote:
Hello everyone!
winterstorm with last version 0.5.0.0 i always get error while formatting drive i only tested on VM of course. And i'm sure it's only in this version because i tried with 0.4.x.x with same wccf file (configuration) and it's working well. Thanks

Hello,

Could you please try to recreate your wccf in v0.5.0.0 (without loading the old v0.4.x.x wccf) because many important changes which may result in instabilities ... and have you activated the "Presets - Protect VMware Player" and "Presets - Protect VirtuaBox" ?

Hello winter.

Yes you're correct i tried now without my wccf and now it's working. But i needed to configure all again  Crying or Very sad But at least it's working well and compile ISO and install on VMware.

@winter

im not sure but cant the wccf file that cause Problems be loaded with the preset Editor, after that make some changes if needed and save it. wouldnt that solve the Problem as well ? it would be nice because People wouldnt Need to create a wccf file from Zero.

more_horiz
Hi
it is true that I have always updated my .wccf with all mod done during all alpha's

I never try to use the one issue from the standard release v0.4.3.0

I also succeed to integrate the current updates provided I rename the KB3106932 in KB3104932 to have it integrated First.
I also integrate KB3074686 which seems needed for "Windows Update" satisfaction

Cheers

more_horiz
caphp wrote:
Hi KrX,

I made some more tests. I choose Default (All) at Features and Default (All) at Services.
( This is my used wccf file )

Then I took the wccf, deleted v0.5.0.0 and installed v0.4.18.3 again.

As v0.4.18.3 was working for me with the WinReducer100_v0.4.18.3.wccf from Winterstorm,
it must be a constellation within my wccf.
The particular issue is, that Winterstorms wccf removes 50% more than I do Smile

ok got the same loop with your wccf file winreducer 0.5 and windows 10 build 10586.3 (all updates integrated)

now im trying to find whats causing it.

more_horiz
Hello guys,

jeffery8341 wrote:
Hi Winter,

caphp wrote:

Yes, I will update EX-100 until I will have an official MS ISO in my hands ... Smile

="expanium"Hello winter.
Yes you're correct i tried now without my wccf and now it's working. But i needed to configure all again   But at least it's working well and compile ISO and install on VMware.

v0.5.0.0 will be the basis of all future EX-100 builds, so you will be able to use your new wccf for all next builds !

KrX wrote:
@winter
im not sure but cant the wccf file that cause Problems be loaded with the preset Editor, after that make some changes if needed and save it. wouldnt that solve the Problem as well ? it would be nice because People wouldnt Need to create a wccf file from Zero.

Yes, I'm agree this is not pleasant to cerate a new wccf from scratch, this is why the wccf should be stable started with v0.5.0.0, all new builds will includes new components or cleanup improvements.

more_horiz
KrX wrote:
ok got the same loop with your wccf file winreducer 0.5 and windows 10 build 10586.3 (all updates integrated)

I suspected, in caphp wccf, that "Autoremoving" or one of the "protect presets" because they have impact on features and/or services ... maybe recreate the wccf for v0.5.0.0 may solve the trouble like for expanium.

more_horiz
winterstorm2050 wrote:
KrX wrote:

I suspected, in caphp wccf, that "Autoremoving" or one of the "protect presets" because they have impact on features and/or services ... maybe recreate the wccf for v0.5.0.0 may solve the trouble like for expanium.

disabled the autoremoving and deselected all features and services and the loop still happes. so it is something at the remover tab or some of the optimazations. doing more tests

more_horiz
KrX wrote:
winterstorm2050 wrote:
KrX wrote:

disabled the autoremoving and deselected all features and services and the loop still happes. so it is something at the remover tab or some of the optimazations. doing more tests

Very strange did you try to download other ISO of Windows 10? Or better yet to re-download same iso again. If you want i can share my wccf

Btw this is nothing to do with Winreducer but anyone having problem with sound coming from headphone?
Sometimes or some days  Laughing i only hear sound from speaker and other days i can hear from both speaker and phones. 
This is really stupid because it's nothing to do with Windows itself perhaps drivers but even that i'm not sure because when i install drivers it's ok.

more_horiz
expanium wrote:
KrX wrote:
winterstorm2050 wrote:
KrX wrote:

Very strange did you try to download other ISO of Windows 10? Or better yet to re-download same iso again. If you want i can share my wccf

its not the fault of the iso file. i downloaded it yesterday and it also happend with the first build 10586 i downloaded weeks ago.

also im downloading the new th2 from today, and i think it will happen there too

more_horiz
Thanks for analysing KrX.
I am still testing too, but still did not find whats responsible for loop...

more_horiz
hey winter,

1 counting bug:

- i removed all modern UI apps and they all were counted as 2/88 during removal

caphp wrote:
Thanks for analysing KrX.
I am still testing too, but still did not find whats responsible for loop...

i get the feeling that its onedrive whats causing it. i will try it at the next test

more_horiz
Just to be sure the bug happens with : th1 or th2 ?

more_horiz
winterstorm2050 wrote:
Just to be sure the bug happens with : th1 or th2 ?

th2. if you want i could make a test with th1

more_horiz
This could be a good idea ... Wink

Are you using the caphp wccf or manually select your components ?

more_horiz
winterstorm2050 wrote:

selecting manually the components caphp is removing.

ok i will test it in a could of minutes

more_horiz
KrX wrote:
winterstorm2050 wrote:

selecting manually the components caphp is removing.

ok i will test it in a could of minutes

yes the counting problem happens also with th1

more_horiz
Are you sure to use "v0.5.0.0", because I'm trying with only all Modern UI Apps selected and I have "2 / 40" ... Wink

more_horiz
If someone is searching for Windows 10 1511, you now can download it directly from

MICROSOFT

UPDATE: Sorry but downloadlink isn't working any more... it's redirected to media creation tool

more_horiz
winterstorm2050 wrote:
Are you sure to use "v0.5.0.0", because I'm trying with only all Modern UI Apps selected and I have "2 / 40" ... Wink

yep im using v0.5.0.0

but i select all ui aps and ie all languages and for me it removes all ui apps with i.e. count 2/106 and 3/106 is the first language etc. after that counting seems ok

more_horiz
winterstorm2050 wrote:
KrX wrote:

10586 is very hard to deal with, even remove one tweak, it will let you LOOP and LOOP, it never happened on other version before.

more_horiz
jeffery8341 wrote:
winterstorm2050 wrote:
KrX wrote:

10586 is very hard to deal with, even remove one tweak, it will let you LOOP and LOOP, it never happened on other version before.

hmm that didnt happen for me. i removed not maybe 200 components (remover tab) and used some tweaks and no loop so far.

but (and i dont know why) a loop happens when i remove a bunch of components together, when i remove them seperately = no loop

i.e. Biometry - Face Recognition + Biometry - Finger Print = loop, but first Biometry - Face Recognition -> test = no loop, also Biometry - Finger Print after that = no loop
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum