WinReducer.net Project
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WinReducer.net ProjectLog in

FORUM

FORUM ALPHA TEST BUILDS

+33
animeware
Geekster
BarskeKjekken
DMD
xanadu73
home7ech
nekro666
Hen Ry
Metaleiroll
frudda
savale
decompiler
carlese
pedilover
rydeordie99
faheem5
scottallthefriends
brittech
Torrentus
Nunzyo92
expanium
Vandit
Voz
gurureducer
caphp
ruby2hora
drew24
ijence
Jpm
KrX
YubiGalaxy
jeffery8341
winterstorm2050
37 posters

descriptionFORUM ALPHA TEST BUILDS - Page 6 EmptyRe: FORUM ALPHA TEST BUILDS

more_horiz
KrX wrote:
Jpm wrote:
Hi,
Is it possible to Have the WORK\EXTRACT and WORK\MOUNT folders in the different directory than \HOME and WinReducerEX100.exe?
Thanks for the help


to change the extract folder you will need to extract your iso manually and at the winreducer folder select FOLDER

to change the mount folder goto Options -> configuration and set the button for MOUNT to OFF, after that click on the name MOUNT and select some other folder

Thanks,

I looklike the fact that with as we cannot activate the edition the change of the folder is not allowed

descriptionFORUM ALPHA TEST BUILDS - Page 6 EmptyRe: FORUM ALPHA TEST BUILDS

more_horiz
caphp wrote:
Hi Jpm,

you can take a look at the mklink command.
Maybe this link might help you:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Thanks

Very good idea

descriptionFORUM ALPHA TEST BUILDS - Page 6 EmptyRe: FORUM ALPHA TEST BUILDS

more_horiz
Hi Guys,

Yes you can remove Microsoft Edge,it won't loop during installation, but you can not remove IE engine,because if you remove it, you can't make dir, you can't make dir means you can't install any software in Windows.

Last edited by jeffery8341 on Sat 10 Oct 2015 - 23:13; edited 1 time in total

descriptionFORUM ALPHA TEST BUILDS - Page 6 EmptyRe: FORUM ALPHA TEST BUILDS

more_horiz
Hello guys,

scottallthefriends wrote:
Between version 4.3 and the current alpha 14.13.3 you seem to have dropped being able to remove Bing Food and Drink, Health and Fitness, and Maps. Why? I want to get rid of them! Razz

I removed them because in my Windows RTM TH1 Build 10240, they have been removed by MS. Could you please tell me which ISO are you using ?

scottallthefriends wrote:
It's not immediately obvious there is a second tab with more cursor options]

Is this more efficient if I add "1" and "2", just need your opinion about this Smile

ruby2hora wrote:
Who had the idea with the log file is a smart guy... Smile

It's a log file my friend Wink ... but tell me what is difficult, maybe I could improve that Smile

Jpm wrote:
Hi,
Is it possible to Have the WORK\EXTRACT and WORK\MOUNT folders in the different directory than \HOME and WinReducerEX100.exe?
Thanks for the help

I confirm that it's only available for "Premium" Edition (and higher Editions) directly in the GUI ... I think that I will rework this to be much more easy to understand.

jeffery8341 wrote:
Hi Guys,
Yes you can remove Microsoft Edge,it won't loop during installation, but you can not remove IE engine,because if you remove it, you can make dir, you can make dir means you can install any software in Windows.

I think that you want to say "you can't make dir". In fact, "IE" component is not finished ... this why it's not selected in the WCCF. But thanks for the information Smile

descriptionFORUM ALPHA TEST BUILDS - Page 6 EmptyRe: FORUM ALPHA TEST BUILDS

more_horiz
Sorry... I never looked at the log file... Now I know, and do not have to stand on the timer.
I think I wrote nonsense...
Glad I learn new things about this wonderful program called WinReducer ...   Smile

descriptionFORUM ALPHA TEST BUILDS - Page 6 EmptyRe: FORUM ALPHA TEST BUILDS

more_horiz
FORUM ALPHA TEST BUILDS - Page 6 Error




WLMail 2012 is crashes, when write a E-Mail!




problem solved!

Code:

<Element Category="Remove - Network" Name="Internet Explorer (Developer Tools)" Selected="false" />


Last edited by Vandit on Sun 11 Oct 2015 - 17:39; edited 2 times in total

descriptionFORUM ALPHA TEST BUILDS - Page 6 EmptyRe: FORUM ALPHA TEST BUILDS

more_horiz
I apologize if some of these questions are not appropriate to the topic at hand, but wanted to ask:

1. Are any of you using the LTSB edition as your image when doing these tests?  If so, any feedback on size improvement?
** I only ask because the LTSB edition is the most stripped down version to begin with and has the ability to control updates etc..
2. The engine that is being worked on this edition, will it apply for other editions EX-7 ?? or its specific to EX-10 ?

descriptionFORUM ALPHA TEST BUILDS - Page 6 EmptyRe: FORUM ALPHA TEST BUILDS

more_horiz
@faheem5

im testing win10 x64 Pro N

@winter

when i just select 2 components and remove them, after starting winredeucer a second time those 2 elements are shown again (even they are set to TRUE at the wccf file)

also this error:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

is happening by at least 4 components (im still at it) which are selected by WinReducer100_v0.4.13.3.wccf


EDIT: it happens like this:

i select 16-bit Support and Anytime Upgrade to remove. both are removed and set to true at the wccf file. after starting winreducer and mounting the image those both are shown again. i dont select them but i remove this time Application Experience (Engine) i remove that. at the wccf file how the value is set to OK for 16 bit supprt etc

but application exper... is still FALSE
after starting winreducer again and removing now Briefcase the value is set after finishing the task to TRUE and after restarting winreducer Briefcase is hidden

descriptionFORUM ALPHA TEST BUILDS - Page 6 EmptyRe: FORUM ALPHA TEST BUILDS

more_horiz

jeffery8341 wrote:
Hi Guys,
Yes you can remove Microsoft Edge,it won't loop during installation, but you can not remove IE engine,because if you remove it, you can make dir, you can make dir means you can install any software in Windows.

I think that you want to say "you can't make dir". In fact, "IE" component is not finished ... this why it's not selected in the WCCF. But thanks for the information Smile

Thanks winter,

I was so sleepy that time, I've just corrected it, HAHAHA Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

descriptionFORUM ALPHA TEST BUILDS - Page 6 EmptyRe: FORUM ALPHA TEST BUILDS

more_horiz
Hi winter,

I've made a ISO file by using 14.13.3, the size is 1.51GB, after installtion, the windows size is 4.26GB, which is too big, and then I found out that the size of winsxs folder is 2.62GB, that's crazy, it never happened before.

windows size
FORUM ALPHA TEST BUILDS - Page 6 Window10

winsxs size
FORUM ALPHA TEST BUILDS - Page 6 Winsxs10

descriptionFORUM ALPHA TEST BUILDS - Page 6 EmptyRe: FORUM ALPHA TEST BUILDS

more_horiz
ok winter one of the components that break my installation is:

Application Experience (Engine)

(im also a little confused why you use once OK and once TRUE as values at the wccf file)
Application Experience (Engine) is removing this file breaks my installation :
Windows\System32\aepic.dll
Thanks Torrentus, i saw it at the files he sent me ;P
after putting the file back the installation breaks anyway so some more files/registry keys are missing

Read last post
----------------------

i also saw something else. when i let winreducer create an iso file after removing and the file is caled i.e. Win10.iso and i use winreducer a second time -> mount my image (and winreducer reads the existing wccf file) the create iso option is selected by winreducer manually with the SAME name. when i now remove something and hit apply, winreducer removes it and creates an iso file with the name Win10 (which already exist at the ISO folder) , so it overwrites it without any notification (like when i would select "save in iso file" manually)

Last edited by KrX on Mon 12 Oct 2015 - 2:20; edited 2 times in total

descriptionFORUM ALPHA TEST BUILDS - Page 6 EmptyRe: FORUM ALPHA TEST BUILDS

more_horiz
so after hours and hours of testing... i finally got an "solution"

i always tried it with my Windows 10 x64 Pro N with German Language. The build was 10240 which i updated with winreducer in August (so all updates were installed from the August cataloge)

and it seems that was my problem, because of that nearly 50% of the components included in the WinReducer100_v0.4.13.3.wccf (330 in total) created an error while installing win10.

after integrating all updates again with winreducer (update cataloge from september) it is working now, no more errors YAY cheers bounce

descriptionFORUM ALPHA TEST BUILDS - Page 6 EmptyRe: FORUM ALPHA TEST BUILDS

more_horiz
Gratulations !
But I told you already in #141
Hope you haven't tested too much

descriptionFORUM ALPHA TEST BUILDS - Page 6 EmptyRe: FORUM ALPHA TEST BUILDS

more_horiz
Hello guys,

faheem5 wrote:
I apologize if some of these questions are not appropriate to the topic at hand, but wanted to ask:
1. Are any of you using the LTSB edition as your image when doing these tests?  If so, any feedback on size improvement?
** I only ask because the LTSB edition is the most stripped down version to begin with and has the ability to control updates etc..
2. The engine that is being worked on this edition, will it apply for other editions EX-7 ?? or its specific to EX-10 ?

For your point 1), there is no feedbacks about it now ... About point 2), for the moment only EX-100 is supported it, because I've done a lot of work on it, so I needed feedbacks about it, by the way wonderfully done by all forum testers ... But don't worry, it's planned to be deployed to all other EX-Series software, including EX-70 and EX-80 !

jeffery8341 wrote:
I was so sleepy that time, I've just corrected it, HAHAHA Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Thanks ... but I think that everyone have understood what you would like to said Wink

jeffery8341 wrote:
Hi winter,
I've made a ISO file by using 14.13.3, the size is 1.51GB, after installtion, the windows size is 4.26GB, which is too big, and then I found out that the size of winsxs folder is 2.62GB, that's crazy, it never happened before.]

This is simply because I haven't activated yet all EXPERT options, especially "EXPERT - WinSxS Cleanup". But don't worry in the next days, I will work on some big components, like all "Drivers" Wink

KrX wrote:
i also saw something else. when i let winreducer create an iso file after removing and the file is caled i.e. Win10.iso and i use winreducer a second time -> mount my image (and winreducer reads the existing wccf file) the create iso option is selected by winreducer manually with the SAME name. when i now remove something and hit apply, winreducer removes it and creates an iso file with the name Win10 (which already exist at the ISO folder) , so it overwrites it without any notification (like when i would select "save in iso file" manually)

Yes you are right, it seems that I need to check the detection because it seems to be broken ... and it should work ... thanks for the report !

KrX wrote:
so after hours and hours of testing... i finally got an "solution"
i always tried it with my Windows 10 x64 Pro N with German Language. The build was 10240 which i updated with winreducer in August (so all updates were installed from the August cataloge)
and it seems that was my problem, because of that nearly 50% of the components included in the WinReducer100_v0.4.13.3.wccf (330 in total) created an error while installing win10.
after integrating all updates again with winreducer (update cataloge from september) it is working now, no more errors YAY cheers bounce

OK, good music to my ears ... Smile ... thank you for your excellent feedback and for the time to search the solution !

descriptionFORUM ALPHA TEST BUILDS - Page 6 EmptyRe: FORUM ALPHA TEST BUILDS

more_horiz
winterstorm2050 wrote:
Hello guys,


jeffery8341 wrote:
Hi winter,
I've made a ISO file by using 14.13.3, the size is 1.51GB, after installtion, the windows size is 4.26GB, which is too big, and then I found out that the size of winsxs folder is 2.62GB, that's crazy, it never happened before.]

This is simply because I haven't activated yet all EXPERT options, especially "EXPERT - WinSxS Cleanup". But don't worry in the next days, I will work on some big components, like all "Drivers" Wink



Hi winter,

The best news ever. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Jeffery

descriptionFORUM ALPHA TEST BUILDS - Page 6 EmptyRe: FORUM ALPHA TEST BUILDS

more_horiz
Jpm wrote:
Hi,
 I have a silly old question
in my .wccf I have
   
In fact I was in the impression that this .cmd will taken in account but in fact no
to have it working I need to open the system->winreducerPost-installation->OOBE
at this time I see the content and it will be include in the .iso
Can it be included without doing the trick to open the OOBE Tab
Cheers

Hi Winter,

Any comments on this one.

Cheers

descriptionFORUM ALPHA TEST BUILDS - Page 6 EmptyRe: FORUM ALPHA TEST BUILDS

more_horiz
Hey,

Yes sorry, I've added this in my ToDo list before the end of the month, by rechecking entirely how WinReducer Post Installation works, in order to solve many troubles especially admin rights ... Wink

descriptionFORUM ALPHA TEST BUILDS - Page 6 EmptyRe: FORUM ALPHA TEST BUILDS

more_horiz
winterstorm2050 wrote:
Hey,

Yes sorry, I've added this in my ToDo list before the end of the month, by rechecking entirely how WinReducer Post Installation works, in order to solve many troubles especially admin rights ... Wink

For me it could be after next month if difficult to solve.



I have another question how Framework35 is filled?

Thanks

descriptionFORUM ALPHA TEST BUILDS - Page 6 EmptyRe: FORUM ALPHA TEST BUILDS

more_horiz
Hi,
Can the stopping of the ISO loading be possible the Red Cross is not working?
So we need to wait some minutes the MOUNT screen
Thanks

descriptionFORUM ALPHA TEST BUILDS - Page 6 EmptyRe: FORUM ALPHA TEST BUILDS

more_horiz
scottallthefriends wrote:
Between version 4.3 and the current alpha 14.13.3 you seem to have dropped being able to remove Bing Food and Drink, Health and Fitness, and Maps. Why? I want to get rid of them! Razz

I removed them because in my Windows RTM TH1 Build 10240, they have been removed by MS. Could you please tell me which ISO are you using ?

My bad :S  I was just looking at the file diffs rather than the result



scottallthefriends wrote:
It's not immediately obvious there is a second tab with more cursor options]

Is this more efficient if I add "1" and "2", just need your opinion about this Smile


Any text will do, just to make it more obvious to the noobs. I've carried my cursors through since your early Win8 builds so haven't needed to change them, so only just noticed  Very Happy
1 and 2 will do... though I'd also consider going back to a scrollable page because the content is still the same (nested tabs are a bit fugly)

descriptionFORUM ALPHA TEST BUILDS - Page 6 EmptyPrivacy tweaks

more_horiz
After turning off telemetry:
HKLM:\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\DataCollection\AllowTelemetry=0,
Deleting DiagTrack and dmwappushservice services,
There's two more privacy tweaks: make this file empty:
C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Diagnosis\ETLLogs\AutoLogger\AutoLogger-Diagtrack-Listener.etl
And add to hosts file: http://paste2.org/A1sv86VF

This does disable Cortana. I prefer not to remove it because there will no doubt be updates to Cortana and I don't want future updates failing

descriptionFORUM ALPHA TEST BUILDS - Page 6 EmptyRe: FORUM ALPHA TEST BUILDS

more_horiz
Hi Winterstorm,

what are your plans for the next days/weeks ?
New alphas or maybe the next big step to a beta build ?
I hunger for testing Smile

descriptionFORUM ALPHA TEST BUILDS - Page 6 EmptyRe: FORUM ALPHA TEST BUILDS

more_horiz
Hey guys,

Jpm wrote:
Hi,
Can the stopping of the ISO loading be possible the Red Cross is not working?
So we need to wait some minutes the MOUNT screen
Thanks

It will be added in the next build, with stop mount process will be also available Wink

caphp wrote:
Hi Winterstorm,
what are your plans for the next days/weeks ?
New alphas or maybe the next big step to a beta build ?
I hunger for testing Smile

And your appetite should be satisfied today because a new build will be available later today with new components (mostly all control panels)... because since last few days I was fixing some annoying bugs left from previous alpha ! Tomorrow I will release all updates catalogs, at the end of this month the 1st beta of EX-100 should be ready, then I will work on EX-70 to entirely update it, with the new removing engine v3.05 from EX-100, before the end of November ... in December, this will be EX-81 which will be updated, and EX-80 in January 2016 ... and after there will be many new software series but I can't say more things for the moment Wink

I will release the new schedule for the end of 2015, once I will finalize it Smile

descriptionFORUM ALPHA TEST BUILDS - Page 6 EmptyRe: FORUM ALPHA TEST BUILDS

more_horiz
Good news...     Monsieur!
                             
                                   We wait patiently.   Smile

descriptionFORUM ALPHA TEST BUILDS - Page 6 EmptyRe: FORUM ALPHA TEST BUILDS

more_horiz
wow winter u keeping busy hey   good luck m8 Cool Wink

descriptionFORUM ALPHA TEST BUILDS - Page 6 EmptyRe: FORUM ALPHA TEST BUILDS

more_horiz
Hey,

Let's test v0.4.14.3 (alpha) !

Instructions :


Changelog :


Download Link :


Components added in WCCF v0.4.14.3 :


Compared to previous alpha build, there are new known bugs. So please read the "Known Bugs" section in the "Changelog.txt" file provided in the zip package.

descriptionFORUM ALPHA TEST BUILDS - Page 6 EmptyRe: FORUM ALPHA TEST BUILDS

more_horiz
Test #1 with WinReducer EX-100 - TEST_v0.4.14.3.wccf ( w10 pro x64 10240)


Code:

***** 17.10.2015 08:42:51 - SESSION OPENED *****
***** 17.10.2015 08:43:12 - Windows Edition [Mounting] - Started
***** 17.10.2015 08:44:20 - Windows Edition [Mounting] - Finished
***** 17.10.2015 08:44:49 - Windows Edition [ISO Creation] - Started
***** 17.10.2015 08:44:49 - Windows Edition [ISO Creation] - Finished
***** 17.10.2015 08:45:03 - Windows Edition [Configuration] - Started
INFO : CPU Thread(s) : 12
INFO : Removing Profile : Insane
***** 17.10.2015 08:52:16 - Windows Edition [Configuration] - Finished
***** 17.10.2015 08:52:16 - Windows Edition [ISO Creation] - Started
***** 17.10.2015 08:53:52 - Windows Edition [ISO Creation] - Finished
***** 17.10.2015 08:53:55 - SESSION CLOSED *****


Works fine under vmware.

Last edited by caphp on Sat 17 Oct 2015 - 22:48; edited 1 time in total

descriptionFORUM ALPHA TEST BUILDS - Page 6 EmptyRe: FORUM ALPHA TEST BUILDS

more_horiz
Test #2 with WinReducer EX-100 - TEST_v0.4.14.3.wccf ( w10 pro x64 10240)

You removed "Speech" within TEST_v0.4.14.3.wccf, but when checking the packages in the install.wim, there are still the following packages left:


Code:

Microsoft-OneCore-SpeechComponents-avcore-Package~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~de-DE~10.0.10240.16384
Microsoft-OneCore-SpeechComponents-avcore-Package~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~10.0.10240.16384
Microsoft-OneCore-SpeechComponents-enduser-Package~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~de-DE~10.0.10240.16384
Microsoft-OneCore-SpeechComponents-enduser-Package~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~10.0.10240.16384
Microsoft-OneCore-SpeechComponents-Package~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~de-DE~10.0.10240.16384
Microsoft-OneCore-SpeechComponents-Package~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~10.0.10240.16384
Microsoft-OneCore-SpeechComponents-shell-Package~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~de-DE~10.0.10240.16384
Microsoft-OneCore-SpeechComponents-shell-Package~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~10.0.10240.16384
Microsoft-OneCore-SpeechComponents-windows-Package~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~de-DE~10.0.10240.16384
Microsoft-OneCore-SpeechComponents-windows-Package~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~10.0.10240.16384
Microsoft-OneCore-SpeechComponents-WOW64-avcore-Package~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~de-DE~10.0.10240.16384
Microsoft-OneCore-SpeechComponents-WOW64-avcore-Package~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~10.0.10240.16384
Microsoft-OneCore-SpeechComponents-WOW64-enduser-Package~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~de-DE~10.0.10240.16384
Microsoft-OneCore-SpeechComponents-WOW64-enduser-Package~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~10.0.10240.16384
Microsoft-OneCore-SpeechComponents-WOW64-Package~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~de-DE~10.0.10240.16384
Microsoft-OneCore-SpeechComponents-WOW64-Package~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~10.0.10240.16384
Microsoft-OneCore-SpeechComponents-WOW64-shell-Package~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~de-DE~10.0.10240.16384
Microsoft-OneCore-SpeechComponents-WOW64-shell-Package~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~10.0.10240.16384


Last edited by caphp on Sat 17 Oct 2015 - 22:48; edited 1 time in total

descriptionFORUM ALPHA TEST BUILDS - Page 6 EmptyRe: FORUM ALPHA TEST BUILDS

more_horiz
Hello guys,

Yes caphp, yes you are right I missed this, it will be added in the today alpha build ... thanks Smile

Just an information about the th2 support, I've made a simple test with v0.4.14.3 and everything is working without troubles, just some new Modern UI Apps are not removed due to the fact that I'm waiting a confirmation how they will be integrated in the official TH2 build ... Smile

So, for the moment the official WinReducer support is still the same : TH1 builds.

descriptionFORUM ALPHA TEST BUILDS - Page 6 EmptyRe: FORUM ALPHA TEST BUILDS

more_horiz
Hi,
Just fine as I can see, The start menu is empty as Requested.

Code:

***** 17/10/2015 06:29:30 - SESSION OPENED ***** TEST 0.4.14.3
***** 17/10/2015 06:31:47 - Windows Edition [Mounting] - Started
***** 17/10/2015 06:49:22 - Windows Edition [Mounting] - Finished (17:35)
***** 17/10/2015 06:50:26 - Windows Edition [Configuration] - Started
INFO : CPU Thread(s) : 4
INFO : Removing Profile : Insane
***** 17/10/2015 07:14:56 - Windows Edition [Configuration] - Finished (24:30)
***** 17/10/2015 07:14:56 - Windows Edition [ISO Creation] - Started
***** 17/10/2015 07:18:28 - Windows Edition [ISO Creation] - Finished (3:32)
***** 17/10/2015 07:18:37 - SESSION CLOSED *****


I also test my .wccf which is just tweaking with the Same .ISO
I am wondering why the .iso take so much time compare to the .wccf provided and also the mount take less time

Code:

***** 17/10/2015 08:14:17 - SESSION OPENED ***** Jpm 0.4.14.3
***** 17/10/2015 09:16:13 - Windows Edition [Mounting] - Started
***** 17/10/2015 09:31:32 - Windows Edition [Mounting] - Finished (15:19)
***** 17/10/2015 09:37:17 - Windows Edition [Configuration] - Started
INFO : CPU Thread(s) : 4
INFO : Removing Profile : Insane
***** 17/10/2015 09:42:36 - Windows Edition [Configuration] - Finished (5:19)
***** 17/10/2015 09:42:36 - Windows Edition [ISO Creation] - Started
***** 17/10/2015 09:50:38 - Windows Edition [ISO Creation] - Finished (8:02)
***** 17/10/2015 09:50:48 - SESSION CLOSED *****


Cheers
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum