I apologize if some of these questions are not appropriate to the topic at hand, but wanted to ask:
1. Are any of you using the LTSB edition as your image when doing these tests? If so, any feedback on size improvement?
** I only ask because the LTSB edition is the most stripped down version to begin with and has the ability to control updates etc..
2. The engine that is being worked on this edition, will it apply for other editions EX-7 ?? or its specific to EX-10 ?
For your point 1), there is no feedbacks about it now ... About point 2), for the moment only EX-100 is supported it, because I've done a lot of work on it, so I needed feedbacks about it, by the way wonderfully done by all forum testers ... But don't worry, it's planned to be deployed to all other EX-Series software, including EX-70 and EX-80 !
Thanks ... but I think that everyone have understood what you would like to said
I've made a ISO file by using 14.13.3, the size is 1.51GB, after installtion, the windows size is 4.26GB, which is too big, and then I found out that the size of winsxs folder is 2.62GB, that's crazy, it never happened before.]
This is simply because I haven't activated yet all EXPERT options, especially "EXPERT - WinSxS Cleanup". But don't worry in the next days, I will work on some big components, like all "Drivers"
i also saw something else. when i let winreducer create an iso file after removing and the file is caled i.e. Win10.iso and i use winreducer a second time -> mount my image (and winreducer reads the existing wccf file) the create iso option is selected by winreducer manually with the SAME name. when i now remove something and hit apply, winreducer removes it and creates an iso file with the name Win10 (which already exist at the ISO folder) , so it overwrites it without any notification (like when i would select "save in iso file" manually)
Yes you are right, it seems that I need to check the detection because it seems to be broken ... and it should work ... thanks for the report !
so after hours and hours of testing... i finally got an "solution"
i always tried it with my Windows 10 x64 Pro N with German Language. The build was 10240 which i updated with winreducer in August (so all updates were installed from the August cataloge)
and it seems that was my problem, because of that nearly 50% of the components included in the WinReducer100_v0.4.13.3.wccf (330 in total) created an error while installing win10.
after integrating all updates again with winreducer (update cataloge from september) it is working now, no more errors YAY
OK, good music to my ears ...
... thank you for your excellent feedback and for the time to search the solution !