The WinReducer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The WinReducer ForumLog in

FORUM

WinReducer 10.0 - Beta Test Builds

+11
drew24
myclodel
panman
amin20
aymanalz
caphp
w571you
Janssen
lolkaa
Mr.T
winterstorm2050
15 posters

descriptionWinReducer 10.0 - Beta Test Builds - Page 4 EmptyRe: WinReducer 10.0 - Beta Test Builds

more_horiz
Hello guys,

"WinReducer 10.0 - v0.9.4.0 (Beta)" is available !

CHANGELOG :

descriptionWinReducer 10.0 - Beta Test Builds - Page 4 EmptyRe: WinReducer 10.0 - Beta Test Builds

more_horiz
Hello guys,

"WinReducer 10.0 - v0.9.5.0 (Beta)" is available !

CHANGELOG :

more_horiz
Hello guys,

"WinReducer 10.0 - v0.9.6.0 (Beta)" is available !

CHANGELOG :

more_horiz
Hey guys,

Just to inform you, that I'm working on ported Windows 10 - 10074 build support to WinReducer 10.0 especially with new components ... and if I will have enough time I will fix some bugs (start menu, test with components "UNDER INVESTIGATION" status in changelog (to see if MS solved them) ... )

Have a good day ... and by the way it will be available tomorrow !

more_horiz
waiting for that!!!!
lol!

more_horiz
Apparently there is an entirely new file andĀ folder compression system in Windows 10, in addition to the NTFS file compression. And this new system has four different types of compression algorithms, of varying strength. Does Winreducer 10 have an option to choose one of those compression types for some of the large folders? (I haven't used WR10 in a while, so I'm not sure.)

If it doesn't, then that would be a major addition - it can compress folders a lot better than the NTFS compression, which WR uses to compress WinSXS. In addition to WinSXS, some of the larger folders like driverstore can also be compressed, both in the installed system as well as the ISO. I'm guessing that the space savings would be significant.

This is the command:
WinReducer 10.0 - Beta Test Builds - Page 4 Ju7ep4

Apologies if this is already known and included.

more_horiz
hey,

no need to apologies, thats some nice info which i didnt know.

more_horiz
Hello,

Yes, really interesting ... thank you very much for the information !

more_horiz
Hello guys,

"WinReducer 10.0 - v0.10.0.0 (Beta)" is available !

CHANGELOG :

more_horiz
tanks m8 Very Happy

more_horiz
Hello guys,

"WinReducer 10.0 - v0.10.1.0 (Beta)" is available !

CHANGELOG :

more_horiz
Hello guys,

"WinReducer 10.0 - v0.10.2.0 (Beta)" is available !

CHANGELOG :
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum