The WinReducer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The WinReducer ForumLog in

FORUM

WinReducer 8.1 - v2.x.x.x

+25
scottallthefriends
drew24
zesh_ii
home7ech
Kriskriston
lolkaa
YubiGalaxy
renodos500
mido26683
brittech
BrianValentine
phox13
Y314K
DarkeRetribution
billybully
caphp
Mr.T
theKramer
aymanalz
drakulaboy
amin20
Jpm
livingsilver94
KrX
winterstorm2050
29 posters

descriptionWinReducer 8.1 - v2.x.x.x - Page 2 EmptyRe: WinReducer 8.1 - v2.x.x.x

more_horiz
Today or tomorrow !

descriptionWinReducer 8.1 - v2.x.x.x - Page 2 EmptyRe: WinReducer 8.1 - v2.x.x.x

more_horiz
Hello guys,

WinReducer 8.1 - v1.12 has been released !

CHANGELOG :

Best Regards.

winterstorm2050

more_horiz
Version 1.12 seems to be working quite well. Very Happy 

Two points though:

1) The ESD-WIM converter you provided only detected four out of the ten editions I have in my ISO. That didn't matter to me, because the edition I wanted (Core x64) was detected.

2) While the removal seems to have become faster, it is still not utilizing more than 25% of my processor. Maybe you could further optimize it to take better advantage of multiple cores? More multithreading, maybe?

And one question - in the latest ISO I have, with an ESD in it, there is no "sources\sxs" folder. So how do I pre-enable .net framework 3.5 using winreducer? Is there any other folder I should point it to?

more_horiz
Some comments about the database 2014.07 related to 1.12
I download all proposed .msu and I try to plly them.
In fact as the result update 1 was not applied.
This is due to the fact that some superseeded was included

-- 2965699 (by 2971203)
-- 2969339 (by 2975061)

I don't know if they must stay in the downloadable area

If they are removed everything is OK

I noted also that for .NET Windows8.1-KB2954879-v2-x64.msu is needed

I don't know if Windows8.1-kb2976978-x64.msu should also be included as at least I need to include it

With these modifications I have only one which is not completly integrated which is KB2955164 which need a very small update of 27Kb

I also try to use the new ESD to win converter : small question
 is it normal my install.esd to install.win go from 2 526 448Kb to 3 199 932Kb ?
I still need to use it but this big increment surprise me as only one Windows8.1 pro edition was Inside

Many thanks for your good work

more_horiz
Hello guys,

@aymanalz :
1) I will have a look
2) I will see ! Thank you for your feedback ...  Smile 

@Jpm :
1) You are right, those updates should be removed because they are superseded (WinReducer Updates Catalog will be updated in few minutes). I will also include "Windows8.1-kb2976978-x64.msu" (missed it)
2) .NET Windows8.1-KB2954879-v2-x64.msu : I never succeed to slipstream them in offline wim. are you ?
I would like to thank you for this, and if you find something next month, please inform me !  Wink
3) For ESD -> WIM : this is totally normal that WIM files are bigger than ESD files. Because ESD files uses a a better compression algorithm called "Recovery mode". But it 's also really (really) slow to create a new ESD file. And this is why I don't use, yet, this kind of files ! Wink 

more_horiz
winterstorm2050 wrote:

@Jpm :

2) .NET Windows8.1-KB2954879-v2-x64.msu : I never succeed to slipstream them in offline wim. are you ?

many thanks i will check again for 2)
I lmost sure it is OK for me but who knows ... bounce

more_horiz
Hello guys,

Just to inform you that a new step has been reached by WinReducer 8.1, in its attempt to reduce Windows 8.1 even more than ever !

I've finally managed to find a way to have a x64 WIM file with a size of 772 Mo !

More information today or tomorrow with possibly a new build !

Best Regards.

winterstorm2050

more_horiz
Amazing !  cheers 
Can't wait for this new build !!!

more_horiz
This deserves my clapping.

more_horiz
Hello,

As mentioned yesterday, I'm about to release a new build with many interesting improvements especially a new component, if associated with "EXPERT - WinSxS Folder Cleanup", will reduce your ISO by around 600Mo !

This new component will remove all Net Framework support in Windows 8.1 ... But it will keep only the necessary files to ensure all WinReducer Software (and possibly other software) to work ! Of course by removing Net Framework, you will loose the ability to install any new Net Framework version, once Windows will be installed !

So if you do not need Net Framework, you will gain a huge Windows installation reducing by using this new WinReducer component !!

Best Regards.

winterstorm2050

more_horiz
Wait  Arrow  Arrow  Arrow  lol!

more_horiz
Hello guys,

I've made a latest test this morning with Windows 8.1.1 x86 and here are the results with a special "Extreme" preset specially created for VMware Player:

- ISO size : 612 Mb

- install.wim size : 448 Mb !

- Total removing duration time : 35 minutes on an old 2.5" HDD

- Final installation size : 1.4 Gb

And best of all, it's compatible with Office 2013, VMware Player 6.0.3, .... and of course WinReducer Software !  Wink 

Best Regards.

winterstorm2050

PS : I'm experiencing some instabilities, so this is the reason I didn't release it yet !

more_horiz
Wow

im wait wait  bounce  bounce  bounce  bounce  bounce

more_horiz
Very good Winter

more_horiz
Hey,

I finally managed to fix some annoying bugs with new version due to changes made on it !

So the release will happen in one or two days ...  Wink

PS : I will also release the "Extreme" preset I used !

more_horiz
Hey,

Same test but with Windows 8.1.1 x64 (using "Extreme" preset specially created for VMware Player) :

- ISO size : 938 Mb

- install.wim size : 756 Mb

- Total removing duration time : 45 minutes on an old 2.5" HDD

- Final installation size : 2.2 Gb

Very Happy 

more_horiz
Wait !!!  Twisted Evil  bounce  bounce  bounce

more_horiz
That's probably the best debugging method I've heard so far, haha, I mean, you making your own ultra thin installations and then fixing the bugs you find. Amazing job. It seems I'm going to soon move to Windows 8 Wink.

more_horiz
Yes, and I've tried a x32 system, with the extreme preset, and I could assure you this : Windows 8.1.1 winreduced is faster than Windows 7 or linux !  Wink 

more_horiz
Guys,

I will release this new version today (in less than 5 hours). This will be a major update, maybe the most important release from the v1.00 (final) !

Wink 

more_horiz
Extra 

im wait   cheers

more_horiz
Hello guys,

WinReducer 8.1 - v1.13 has been released !

CHANGELOG :

Best Regards.

winterstorm2050

more_horiz
Very good Build Version 1.13

Very Interesting but has some problems with .net 4 program

Now My Iso Size Is : 614Mb

Very Thanks man Very Happy  Very Happy

more_horiz
Excellent !

Take care about the fact that "Optimizations - EXPERT - Net Framework Complete Cleanup" will remove all Framework v1.1, v2, v3.5, v4.0 and v4.5 but keep only necessary files for "WinReducer Software" (= v4.5.1 or v4.5.2) !

So if you use net framework software, it's better to do not use the EXPERT options, or you could eventually find an equivalent software which does not require net framework ! This is how I'm doing : use portable application. This prevents me to restore all software each time I reinstall Windows. You could find an excellent website where I downloaded all my software : PortableApps !

Best Regards.

winterstorm2050

more_horiz
winterstorm2050 wrote:
Excellent !

Take care about the fact that "Optimizations - EXPERT - Net Framework Complete Cleanup" will remove all Framework v1.1, v2, v3.5, v4.0 and v4.5 but keep only necessary files for "WinReducer Software" (= v4.5.1 or v4.5.2) !

So if you use net framework software, it's better to do not use the EXPERT options, or you could eventually find an equivalent software which does not require net framework ! This is how I'm doing : use portable application. This prevents me to restore all software each time I reinstall Windows. You could find an excellent website where I downloaded all my software : PortableApps !

Best Regards.

winterstorm2050

Hi winter.
I found this command, here, that lists all the programs that are running on the system that require .NET Framework.

Code:

tasklist /fi "modules eq mscoree.dll"

It could be useful for people to check if they can remove NET Framework safely without impacting their programs..

Also, maybe you could add that command in the info text for NET Framework removal in the Winreducer app??

more_horiz
theKramer wrote:

Code:

tasklist /fi "modules eq mscoree.dll"

Also, maybe you could add that command in the info text for NET Framework removal in the Winreducer app??

Yes, excellent idea !  Smile 

EDIT : Done for next v1.14

more_horiz
There is a problem with importing wireless profiles in the Unattended Access. When you flip the switch to "ON" and select a profile and try to either save your configuration or Apply and create an iso you get errors.

more_horiz
Hello guys,

This will be fixed in v1.14 !  Wink

Please, next time use the dedicated bugs forum, thank you !  Smile

more_horiz
Hello guys,

WinReducer 8.1 - v1.14 has been released !

CHANGELOG :

Best Regards.

winterstorm2050

more_horiz
Hello guys,

I'm really happy to tell you that I will release v1.15 tomorrow with one fix for "Send to Desktop" shortcut and another for "Services - Family Safety" which broke Modern UI Search !

Best Regards.

winterstorm2050
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum