The WinReducer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The WinReducer ForumLog in

FORUM

WinReducer 8.1 - v2.x.x.x

+25
scottallthefriends
drew24
zesh_ii
home7ech
Kriskriston
lolkaa
YubiGalaxy
renodos500
mido26683
brittech
BrianValentine
phox13
Y314K
DarkeRetribution
billybully
caphp
Mr.T
theKramer
aymanalz
drakulaboy
amin20
Jpm
livingsilver94
KrX
winterstorm2050
29 posters

descriptionWinReducer 8.1 - v2.x.x.x - Page 5 EmptyRe: WinReducer 8.1 - v2.x.x.x

more_horiz
Hello guys,

WinReducer 8.1 - v1.22 has been released !

CHANGELOG :

descriptionWinReducer 8.1 - v2.x.x.x - Page 5 EmptyRe: WinReducer 8.1 - v2.x.x.x

more_horiz
Hello,

If you experience troubles at WinReducer startup : download the zip package again and erase your installation folder !

Because there is a small error in the default English language file !

Sorry for the inconvenience !

more_horiz
Winter: You forgot to change the title of the thread to v1.22.

more_horiz
Oups, yes, you're right, I changed it !

Thank you very much ... Very Happy

more_horiz
Using v1.22, my ISO came out to be around 110 mb smaller than when I used v1.21. So there is a big improvement with this version.

Some of the new options need to be explained though. For example, what do the "add copy to another folder" and "add move to another folder" do? I did not get any explanation when I hovered the mouse over them.

BTW, and I think this may have been asked long back, could you modify the interface such that we can select multiple components using the mouse, without having to click each one? By drawing that rectangular selection box, like windows does for files? Or group together similar components, so that we can select them with one tick if necessary? For example, all the printer drivers could be grouped together. And the scanner drivers.

There is a folder in the windows directory, named ADFS. That folder contains several folders for each language, which I think can be safely removed. (Keeping only the one you want.)

more_horiz
Hello,

Thank you for your feedback ...

1) Yes, tips for new components have not been updated, but I will do as soon as I can !

2) You could also select all components to remove and uncheck only those you want to keep .. Wink ... I will see in the future.

3) Nice finding with ADFS folder, I missed that so I will include this in the next release.

Thank you very much ! Very Happy

more_horiz
Hello guys,

WinReducer 8.1 - v1.23 has been released !

CHANGELOG :

more_horiz
hi is it possible  to install manually or integrate jst update 1 to use winreducer wim converter  and winreducer 8.1 i give a try i select  in winreducer work integrate update x64 update 1 folder to integrate but after finsh winreducer directly goes to removing process dnt integrate any update and also i manually try to install update one first i install KB2919442  it successfully instlled and after KB2919355  but this dont install 

in widows update there is jst one update available is kb2919355 and also m unable to download kb2919355 via windows update

more_horiz
Hello guys,

WinReducer 8.1 - v1.24 has been released !

CHANGELOG :

more_horiz
Hello guys,

WinReducer 8.1 - v1.25 has been released !

CHANGELOG :

more_horiz
Has anybody installed yesterday's big 'November update rollup' (KB3000850) on a reduced win 8.1, succesfully?

I am unable to install that update on my machine, and I am wondering if it could be because I am running a highly reduced installation of Windows, with a lot of features removed.

more_horiz
Hello,

Unfortunately, this could be really hard to integrate such a huge updates (x64 = 711 Mb ?!?!) ... because, and it's a known bug since a long time, all Windows Updates search for all files which need to be updated, and if they don't find them : the updates fail to install (and this is the bug and the reason of the trouble in a winreduced system).

I will update the WinReducer Updates Catalog with this information, thank you anyway !

Just between us, I will update WinReducer 8.1 today to solve a trouble with x64 updates integration ... Wink

more_horiz
Hello guys,

WinReducer 8.1 - v1.26 has been released !

CHANGELOG :

more_horiz
^^
Because of this trouble with the big Nov update, I made a new ISO using v1.26, with just this Nov update (and no other updates) integrated. I also removed all the components I usually remove. I find that the ISO came out to be significantly larger than the previous ISO I made, the one without any upgrades integrated. I don't have the previous ISO with wim anymore, since I converted it to esd. When I convert this one into esd and compare sizes with the previous one with no updates, the difference in sizes is about 400mb. Without converting to esd, I am guessing that the difference would be even more.

It would still have been all right if this latest update was cumulative, and contained all the previous updates in it. That is how it was with the June update. However, after I installed Windows using this latest ISO, I find that windows update still asks me to download many of the previous updates. That means that despite this humungous size, MS has not made this latest update cumulative.

So the dilemma now is that if I create the smallest ISO I can, without any updates integrated, then this latest update (and a few others) will fail when using windows update. If I integrate this Nov update, I get a very large ISO, and then I still have to install all the previous updates later.

I don't think Winterstorm can do anything about this - this is MS' fault, for releasing such a large update and not even making it supercede all previous updates. I'm just letting everybody know my experience with winreducer and this latest update.

more_horiz
That's odd.  I just read the article relating to the KB3000850 update and it says:

Code:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/3000850

This November update rollup also includes all previous updates since our last image update in April 2014. This is a convenient single step to bring Windows clients and servers up to date.

But as you've reported, that hasn't worked in the real world.  I haven't tested this yet, but for the size of the update, I would expect it to cover at least all previous 'non-security' updates, since this is an optional download!  Sad

more_horiz
Interesting ... so, this could explain the size ! but why it don't work ? Maybe it needs some prerequisite updates ?

more_horiz
I'm not sure if it needs prerequisites. Note that when I used winreducer to integrate just the Nov update, it got integrated succesfully. So it doesn't need prerequisites if it is being integrated into the ISO itself. But it fails to install on an already installed (reduced) windows.

more_horiz
brittech wrote:
That's odd.  I just read the article relating to the KB3000850 update and it says:

Code:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/3000850

This November update rollup also includes all previous updates since our last image update in April 2014. This is a convenient single step to bring Windows clients and servers up to date.

But as you've reported, that hasn't worked in the real world.  I haven't tested this yet, but for the size of the update, I would expect it to cover at least all previous 'non-security' updates, since this is an optional download!  Sad

That's what I expected too, that all previous updates would be rolled into this. But I still had to do several hundreds of MB of previous updates, including a couple of previous biggish rollup updates.

more_horiz
It seems that it needs only the "Update 1" to be correctly slipstreaming ... so I will test today to only slipstream only this "Update 3" (3 updates : KB3000850, KB3003057 and KB3014442) ...

I will check the WinReducer Updates Catalog, and update it according to this new data !

I'm also working on an easy solution to clean window updates winsxs folder growing size (before installation) !

I will let you know ... Wink

more_horiz
need help  [ the file autorun.dll file cannot be loaded or is courrpt setup cannot contince error codeis Ox45A  wat i do wrong

more_horiz
Hew drew24,

Are you sure to use an official MS ISO ? Have you tried only once or have you tried to recreate your ISO ? Thanks. Very Happy

more_horiz
winterstorm2050 wrote:
It seems that it needs only the "Update 1" to be correctly slipstreaming ... so I will test today to only slipstream only this "Update 3" (3 updates : KB3000850, KB3003057 and KB3014442) ...

I will check the WinReducer Updates Catalog, and update it according to this new data !

I'm also working on an easy solution to clean window updates winsxs folder growing size (before installation) !

I will let you know ... Wink

Oh, I have to clarify my earlier post. The ISO to which I succesfully streamlined the Nov update, already had update 1 integrated in it, but none of the subsequent updates. So you may be right that 'update 1' is a prerequisite for the Nov update, and perhaps the only one.

But stripsleaming aside, I am unable to integrate this update into an already installed windows, even if it has all the previous updates integrated. So slipstreaming this Nov update into the ISO is necessary, if I wish to use the Nov update.

Are you also getting a significantly larger ISO when you stripsleam this Nov update in it? Also, do you also have to download many previous updates after you install Windows using an ISO with Nov update stripsleamed?

more_horiz
Hey,

I've tested yesterday and created a new catalog update (not available yet) but what came up is :

- yes, fewer updates are necessary
- yes, the size is a little bigger after slipstreaming it (certainly due to this November Roll-up Update 3)
- yes, you need some updates (only 2 for the moment) after installation

--> So less updates to download, but almost same size (for updates and ISO) !

more_horiz
^^
Which two updates do I need, to be able to install the Nov update after installation?

more_horiz
In case it help That the Updates I use  with the "Updates 1" ones
Spoiler :

with those you just get the IE validation, Windows defender and the KB890830
I use a Clean 8.1 French 64-bit

more_horiz
Hello guys,

WinReducer 8.1 - v1.27 has been released !

CHANGELOG :

TAKE CARE : To use the WinReducer Updates Dowloader for "Update 3", you need to wait tomorrow because the WinReducer Updates Catalog will be available !

more_horiz
And a sexy download bar has been added. Nice winter. UI sugar

more_horiz
One small quirk I have noticed in all the builds, including the latest V1.27 is that removal of "Services--> fax service" takes a very long time, at least 5 minutes if not more. Has anybody else experienced this? If so, could this be a bug?

more_horiz
Hello guys,

WinReducer 8.1 - v1.28 has been released !

CHANGELOG :

more_horiz
Hello guys,

WinReducer 8.1 - v1.29 has been released !

CHANGELOG :
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum