The WinReducer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The WinReducer ForumLog in

FORUM

WinReducer 8.1 - v2.x.x.x

+25
scottallthefriends
drew24
zesh_ii
home7ech
Kriskriston
lolkaa
YubiGalaxy
renodos500
mido26683
brittech
BrianValentine
phox13
Y314K
DarkeRetribution
billybully
caphp
Mr.T
theKramer
aymanalz
drakulaboy
amin20
Jpm
livingsilver94
KrX
winterstorm2050
29 posters

descriptionWinReducer 8.1 - v2.x.x.x - Page 6 EmptyRe: WinReducer 8.1 - v2.x.x.x

more_horiz
Winterstorm, just my curiosity: what does "Experimental support for Windows 10.0 kernel" mean? Especially in Winreducer 8.1 Smile

descriptionWinReducer 8.1 - v2.x.x.x - Page 6 EmptyRe: WinReducer 8.1 - v2.x.x.x

more_horiz
Hey,

You could use WinReducer 8.1 with latest Windows 10 installed system ... Wink

more_horiz
Changelist?

more_horiz
Hey,

Bottom of the previous page !

more_horiz
Hello guys,

WinReducer 8.1 - v1.30 has been released !

CHANGELOG :

more_horiz
Hello guys,

WinReducer 8.1 - v1.31 has been released !

CHANGELOG :

more_horiz
I just made an ISO using v1.31, but I have not installed it yet. But something curious I noticed was that winreducer applied the "compress winsxs" step right after integrating updates. Earlier, that used to happen only after all the removals. Is this an intentional change? Wouldn't compression of the folder be more efficient if performed at the end?

The only difference in options that I selected this time, is that I applied "Optimizations - EXPERT - Net Framework Light Cleanup", which I did not do before. Could that have an impact on the order?

more_horiz
Hey,

This is an optimization, I've made, in order to improve speed, in case you use "EXPERT WinSxS Folder Cleanup (install.wim)" option.

Your feedback is really interesting, because you are right, the "compress winsxs" is launched to soon, so I will move it to the end of the process, like in older version, this should be faster like this.

Thank you for this interesting idea my friend !

I will release this new version tomorrow ... Smile

more_horiz
Hello!

sfc /scannow always detects corrupted files. Is your fix correcting this? Since my first reduced windows version I've had corrupted files, but I think this is normal because Windows is not complete... I need clarifications...

more_horiz
Hello,

Have you kept all recommended components ?
- "Services - Windows Error Reporting Service"
- "Optimizations - EXPERT - WinSXS Folder Cleanup (install.wim)"

With these components, "sfc /scannow" is able to achieve 100% ... and yes, of course, it should detect corrupted files ! The fix is to achieve 100% with this command ... Wink

more_horiz
Aaah, now I understand! Yes, I've kept these components, but I've never noticed it was unable to reach 100% before Razz
Thank you! I'll pay more attention next time ;P

more_horiz
Very Happy

more_horiz
Hello guys,

WinReducer 8.1 - v1.32 has been released !

CHANGELOG :

more_horiz
Maybe a stupid question but does v1.32 supports "Windows 8.1 Update 3 / November Rollup 2014" ISO ?

more_horiz
If you mean the new iso from ms, then the answer is yes Smile

more_horiz
caphp wrote:
If you mean the new iso from ms, then the answer is yes Smile

Yes,I mean on that new ISO,released on 15.12.2014,tnx for answer Smile

more_horiz
Hello guys,

WinReducer 8.1 - v1.33 has been released !

CHANGELOG :

more_horiz
I've been noticing that the "Add take ownership" thing is not working, in this v1.33 as well as the previous one I tried (v1.31). I mean, that option does not come in the context menu of the installed ssystem. When I use a .reg file to add it, it works.

Could this be because of any other setting I'm using? Is there any tweak that makes this one not work?

more_horiz
Hey,

I've tried this tweak and it worked for me without trouble and no other WinReducer tweak could disable it.

more_horiz
Hello guys,

WinReducer 8.1 - v1.34 has been released !

CHANGELOG :

more_horiz
Hello guys,

WinReducer 8.1 - v1.35 has been released !

CHANGELOG :

more_horiz
Hi winter.
I find I cannot load a wccf with 1.35. I tried twice and it didnt work.
Can anyone else verify?

more_horiz
Hey theKramer,

I've tried in "WinReducer 8.1 - v1.35" with many different wccf from v1.12 to v1.35 and it worked for me ... Wink

Happy Holidays my friend ! Very Happy

more_horiz
I find that the unnecessary language files in the windows\ADFS folder is not being removed in the latest versions. (I tried only upto v1.33) Earlier, those folders used to be removed.

more_horiz
winterstorm2050 wrote:
Hey,

I've tried this tweak and it worked for me without trouble and no other WinReducer tweak could disable it.

That's strange, it's not getting integrated into the shell for me. But it works if I use a .reg file. I have a vague memory that some time back, there was a certain option which would warn the user that "Take ownership will not work" if that one is checked. Does anybody remember what that was?

more_horiz
Hello guys,

WinReducer 8.1 - v1.36 has been released !

CHANGELOG :

more_horiz
Hello guys,

WinReducer 8.1 - v1.37 has been released !

CHANGELOG :

more_horiz
Hello guys,

WinReducer 8.1 - v1.38 has been released !

CHANGELOG :

more_horiz
Hello guys,

WinReducer 8.1 - v1.39 has been released !

CHANGELOG :

This is a major update, so it's recommended to use it !

more_horiz
Hello guys,

WinReducer 8.1 - v1.40 has been released !

CHANGELOG :
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum