The WinReducer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The WinReducer ForumLog in

FORUM

FORUM ALPHA TEST BUILDS

+33
animeware
Geekster
BarskeKjekken
DMD
xanadu73
home7ech
nekro666
Hen Ry
Metaleiroll
frudda
savale
decompiler
carlese
pedilover
rydeordie99
faheem5
scottallthefriends
brittech
Torrentus
Nunzyo92
expanium
Vandit
Voz
gurureducer
caphp
ruby2hora
drew24
ijence
Jpm
KrX
YubiGalaxy
jeffery8341
winterstorm2050
37 posters

descriptionFORUM ALPHA TEST BUILDS - Page 17 EmptyRe: FORUM ALPHA TEST BUILDS

more_horiz
Hello

I have a problem with DISM with the new WinReducerEX100, repository is broken again after reducing, the only thing i've changed since last build is the new items:

Broadcast Digital Video Recorder (DVR) server
Geolocation
Telemetry

WCCF
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Also i have a request, in the option Tweaks  "Explorer - Hidden System Files (Hide)" doesnt really makes sense to hide System files they're already hidden by default so if you could change the option to show Hidden System Files that would be wonderfull

and in the option Tweaks "Start Menu - Disable Contect Menus and Dragging and Dropping" is written CONTECT instead of CONTEXT

Thanks

more_horiz
Hello

So after a lot of testing i discovered that the problem is when i try to remove Microsoft PDF Printing in Windows Features, i can remove other stuff without DISM Problems its just this one item.

more_horiz
Hello,

This may explain some troubles experienced by other users, thank you very much for this discovery.

I will solve this issue in the next builds.

more_horiz
winterstorm2050 wrote:
Hello,

This may explain some troubles experienced by other users, thank you very much for this discovery.

I will solve this issue in the next builds.

Hello, i've just tested the new EX100 0.7.2.0, with updates, and apperently the problems is solved, i used the same WCCF as before and everything seems normal, maybe it was a windows bug cause i had tested reducing with EX10 0.7.1.0, with windows updates and with no updates, in Windows TH2, and i got the problem both times, but now is "solved", at least i dont have the problem with my new reduced iso.

By the way i saw DPI fixes on the changelog but now the window seem smaller and some visual elements are too big for the small objects in the frame.

more_horiz
Window small

FORUM ALPHA TEST BUILDS - Page 17 7110 FORUM ALPHA TEST BUILDS - Page 17 71110

FORUM ALPHA TEST BUILDS - Page 17 7110

more_horiz
so after updating winreducer it closed itself and didnt show up automatically. after starting winreducer i got an error something like "something went wrong with the update" after clicking OK wnreducer opend itself and i updated it again (without problems). The log doesnt show that error:

***** 19.05.2016 14:12:31 - SESSION OPENED *****
***** 19.05.2016 14:13:22 - SESSION OPENED *****
***** 19.05.2016 14:13:39 - SESSION OPENED *****
ERROR : "7z.exe" and/or "7z.dll" files don't exist ==> Check your "Options - Configuration" page
CRITICAL : Check your WinReducer Configuration ! == > "Options" page will be opened to help you solved this

so with the new version the start screen looked like normal (at first) after updatng 7zip it is now much smaller than before and the logo is not shown full:

FORUM ALPHA TEST BUILDS - Page 17 8fkrhfnd

FORUM ALPHA TEST BUILDS - Page 17 Vhkfvwso

EDIT: if needed, resolution 1920x1080 and Text is 100%

more_horiz
I put my backgrounds in aparence and did not show them. The rest configuration, after eliminating many components, ISO is biggest (over 5GB)
This problem is also in the previous version

more_horiz
I need to say something and please don't take it the wrong way Winter, ill try my best to explain. Oh and if what ia m asking is here PLEASE forgive me i just cant find it?

I have been messing around with this win10 reducer for a few months now and can  say  I have only gotten maybe `1 win 10 versions that are working.  Its very frustrating. So with that said........as a newbe to this program and site, I would ask you to PLEASE include or post somewhere visibly a slimmed down version of most of the things that you would think people dont use but is working and tested wccf file . PLEASE?  That way us newbes can look at your .wccf file and have a base line to work with.   I say this beacuse there is no log file telling you what is broken, you are now adding more things ( which is nice  ) but a lot of the old issues I see are still not fixed but a new release is out.  Think about how we bust on MS and other companies that we have done business when they release a new product only to find out that the problems they had were not fixed and only more problems were caused by them not fixing the original issues?

Please sir........again, I am sorry if your taking it the wrong way but i am only trying to give constructive crit.  So how about we focus on a working .wccf file that has been stripped down with the basics taken out and it working and tested? THAT would be the biggest help i know for me,,,,,,,,and i would think a lot of the new.....and OLD. Smile

more_horiz
Today and tomorrow I will do tests from the beginning with patience... perhaps I discover something useful.
The first test...
Windows 10 Home Build 14393.351 x64-WinReducer + NET Framework 3.5
(4,45GB) - works
The second test...
Nothing removed, just set the Appearance, Unattended and Finish.
ISO (4.35GB) - without my backgrounds...

more_horiz
ruby2hora wrote:
The rest configuration, after eliminating many components, ISO is  biggest (over 5GB)
This problem is also in the previous version

Hello ruby2hora,

Please try the v0.9.9.0 this should solve this trouble Wink

ruby2hora wrote:
I put my backgrounds in aparence and did not show them.

ruby2hora wrote:
Today and tomorrow I will do tests from the beginning with patience... perhaps I discover something useful.

OK, let me know if something comes up Smile

more_horiz
Yes.. I always work with the latest version !

more_horiz
takitezsdc wrote:
I need to say something and please don't take it the wrong way Winter, ill try my best to explain. Oh and if what ia m asking is here PLEASE forgive me i just cant find it?

I have been messing around with this win10 reducer for a few months now and can  say  I have only gotten maybe `1 win 10 versions that are working.  Its very frustrating. So with that said........as a newbe to this program and site, I would ask you to PLEASE include or post somewhere visibly a slimmed down version of most of the things that you would think people dont use but is working and tested wccf file . PLEASE?  That way us newbes can look at your .wccf file and have a base line to work with.   I say this beacuse there is no log file telling you what is broken, you are now adding more things ( which is nice  ) but a lot of the old issues I see are still not fixed but a new release is out.  Think about how we bust on MS and other companies that we have done business when they release a new product only to find out that the problems they had were not fixed and only more problems were caused by them not fixing the original issues?

Please sir........again, I am sorry if your taking it the wrong way but i am only trying to give constructive crit.  So how about we focus on a working .wccf file that has been stripped down with the basics taken out and it working and tested? THAT would be the biggest help i know for me,,,,,,,,and i would think a lot of the new.....and OLD. Smile

Hello takitezsdc,

I'm comfortable to discuss with you about your ideas, so there are no troubles to share your ideas especially when they are correctly explained and motivated like you did Smile

I'm totally agree with you about the idea to get a better beginning for beginners, as I may say. And I assure you there will have new functionalities on this before the end of the year. I'm not able to tell you more, but this is closed to be revealed ... and I added in the website a 1st information about what is coming next, please follow this link : [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

About the wccf, this is difficult to generalize a good working wccf for all different configurations in the world, but I need to dig on this before the end of the year Wink ... you may have a look at this old website page which may contains some interesting information : [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Starting from today, I'm working on the "Services" and "Features" tabs in order to upgrade them to be much more stable, so in the meantime please avoid to remove those components if you want a better stability.

And do not hesitate to share your ideas, this is precious for the entire WinReducer Project Smile

I wish you to have a nice day !

more_horiz
wait.lol come to chat please? im here. I must speak with you?

and the link you gave me makes no sense to me. You just have a bunch of things listed? I am sorry but that is of no help to me.

What i need is a wccf  file that i can load and use a starting point.  Actually maybe 3  1. basic things removed  then 2. more advanced things removed........then 3 a stripped down version that has MAX removed but all 3 that will work.

more_horiz
The third test...
Reboot PC, empty log file of software, start WinReducer and exit it, restart the program and continue...
New..Windows 10 Home Build 14393.351 x64-WinReducer
Test 2 + Remove or disable components from Features.
ISO (5.11GB)   Strage ?!

The third test... again
I deleted all, Restart PC.
I installed New WinReducer, latest version.
Remove or disable components from Features.
ISO (5.11GB)  The same !

more_horiz
The final test ...
ISO (4,71GB)

Preset file   [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

In VirtualBox The C partition size is 8.9GB

I installed on my PC. It's OK, everything works.

ISO size is big but on my PC, The C partition size is 9GB. (with my programs installed)

more_horiz
Hey,

Thank you for the tests ... I will look at it and let you if some optimizations could be made for your wccf Wink

I will have a particular attention on the final size.

more_horiz
Thank you, and I would enjoy if you can help me!
Especially to eliminate some drivers or various other stuff...   Very Happy

more_horiz
You already did a great job, here are my recommendations for the drivers section :

About "Drivers" :

- if you are not using Miracast (you are able to remove those 2 components)

- if you are a game player, keep this :
- "Drivers - Game - Gameport"

- if you integrated your ethernet drivers directly in the iso, then remove these 2 components
- "Drivers - Network - Ethernet - Intel"
- "Drivers - Network - Ethernet - JMicron"
- "Drivers - Network - Ethernet - Microsoft"
- "Drivers - Network - Ethernet - NVIDIA"
- "Drivers - Network - Ethernet - Realtek"
- "Drivers - Network - Ethernet - Virtual"
Eventually, keep only the one for your motherboard (look at your manual or tell me the reference) Wink

You do not need to keep all processors drivers except if you want to use your iso with different cpu manufacturers : for exapmle if you have an Intel cpu, so you may remove :
- "Drivers - Processor - AMD"
- "Drivers - Processor - VIA"

For "Storage" drivers, just keep the only one which is mentioned in your manual, for example I'm removing all drivers except this one :
"Drivers - Storage - Intel" (I'm using an intel H97 chipset)

In the "Drivers - Support" list, you may remove these components :
- "Support - Bluetooth" : if you do not use bluetooth
- "Support - Boot - EFI and UEFI" : if you do not use uefi boot to install your system
- "Support - Boot - PCAT" : remove it
- "Support - Boot - PXE" : remove it
- "Support - Firewire (IEEE1394)" : an old usb replacement connection, i don't think you need it
- "Support - HD-Audio" : keep this for your audio card
- "Support - ISA" : just keep it if you have an iso port in your motherboard
- "Support - IEEE 1667" : remove it
- "Support - iSCSI" : remove it
- "Support - Modem" : remove it if you are using an adsl or fiber internet connection
- "Support - Modem (Drivers)" : remove it
- "Support - NVM Express" : remove it if you are not using the new ssd with nvme (only on the recent ssd)
- "Support - PC Card" : remove it if you do not have a laptop with a pc-card connector
- "Support - Pcmcia" : remove it if you do not have a laptop with a pcmcia connector
- "Support - Ram Disk" : remove it if you do not want to create ramdisk from within windows
- "Support - SCSI" : remove it if your hdd or ssd are using sata connector
- "Support - Secure Digital Card" : remove it if you do not have a laptop, or a printer, with a SD-Card connector
- "Support - SmartCard" : remove it
- "Support - Tape Drive" : remove it
- "USB Attached SCSI (USAP)" : remove it if you do not have usb 3.0 connectors in your motherboard
- "USB Audio" : remove it if you are not using an external usb audio card
- "USB Infared CIR" : remove it if you are not using infrared
- "USB Hub (EHCI, UHCI, OHCI)" : do not remove it, otherwise you will loose your usb 2.0 peripherals (like your mouse)
- "USB Hub (xHCI)" : remove it if you do not have usb 3.0 connectors in your motherboard
- "USB Role Switch (Chipidea Controller)" : remove it
- "USB Role Switch (Synopsys Controller)" : remove it
- "USB Serial Device" : remove it if you are not using old serial connection for your peripherals
- "USB Video" : remove it if you are not using webcams

About "Fonts" :
If you do not have software which require specific fonts, you are able to remove almost all fonts, for my wccf I only keep those fonts :
- "Static Cache for Windows Fonts"
- "Consolas"
- "Marlett"
- "Meiryo"
- "MS Gothic"

About "Multimedia" :
" Multimedia - Miracast" : remove it if you are not using it

About "Network" :
If you do not have specific network connection or need a remote connection, you may remove almost all components.

If you are not using internet explorer or edge and you use firefox or chrome (for example) with an antivirus, you could remove "Smart Screen"

About "Features" and "Services" :
As I will finish testing all components, I will not tell you to remove something more

About "Optimizations" :
- "Optimizations - EXPERT - WinSXS Folder Cleanup (boot.wim)" : Activate this to reduce your ISO size

These are my first ideas for you ... but as usual proceed steps by steps to be sure you are not missing a component for your needs ... Smile

more_horiz
I finished testing your wccf, and my result for the iso size is : 2.69gb (I used a an updated RS1 PRO edition)

I'm looking at this size difference between you and me, and I will let you know today Wink

more_horiz
I test it also and get the same size as Winter
Just wondering what produce  the cmd Windows during the preparation
FORUM ALPHA TEST BUILDS - Page 17 P4KBCNPytc2iAAAAAElFTkSuQmCC

more_horiz
It is WinSXS DISM Cleanup, and ResetBase from Optimizations

more_horiz
ruby2hora wrote:

Many Thanks Very Happy

more_horiz
Jpm wrote:
ruby2hora wrote:

Many Thanks Very Happy

No, I Thank you !

more_horiz
I instal my Drivers to, almost 500MB...

I will make other tests with suggestions ...

more_horiz
I found the source of iso size difference between your home edition and the pro edition we are using with jpm ... and it's something I missed in the "Home" edition Wink ... it will be easily fixed, so I will integrate this in the v0.9.10.0 which will be available later today.

Of course about your integrated drivers, this is incompressible size so I'm not able to do something.

more_horiz
So, to stop the tests, until to the new version of WinReducer?    Smile

By the way I made the translation for the new version !!!

more_horiz
No, you can continue your tests ... there are no influence on all components ... but with the new version you will have an even more size reduction without doing anything more Wink

more_horiz
I made a new test ... in fact two. (with suggestions...)
The same preset ... (I use Windows 10 HOME Build 14393.351 x64 WinReducer)

one with "Optimizations - EXPERT - WinSXS Folder Cleanup (boot.wim)" : Activate (not working)
And the oter one, without activate the EXPERT - WinSXS Folder Cleanup (boot.wim) and works...

more_horiz
what you mean by "Activate (not working)" ? Thanks

more_horiz
And by the way I forgot some maybe some useless "Drivers", you may remove :
- "Network - ISDN - IBM"
- "Network - ISDN - Microsoft"

Wink
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum