The WinReducer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The WinReducer ForumLog in

FORUM

WinReducer 8 - v0.39 (alpha) - 2013.02.17 (BUGGY - do not use it)

+11
theKramer
EagleWingPCT
seiferflo
lordwerther
Vinc
bay12
parapher
dave999
mordre
leom81
winterstorm2050
15 posters

descriptionWinReducer 8 - v0.39 (alpha) - 2013.02.17 (BUGGY - do not use it) EmptyWinReducer 8 - v0.39 (alpha) - 2013.02.17 (BUGGY - do not use it)

more_horiz
REQUIREMENTS :
- Windows 8 (x32 or x64) or Server 2012 (x32 or x64)
- All languages supported
- A genuine Windows 8 (x32 or x64) or Server 2012 (x32 or x64) ISO
- Works with Windows 8, Windows 8 Professional and Windows 8 Enterprise
- Works with Windows Server 2012 Standard (should work with Server 2012 Data Center)
- All external software are present in the zip package, no need to download them but feel free to have a look on the "Read Me.pdf"

INSTRUCTIONS :
- Not working with Windows 7 or any previous version like Windows XP
- Not working if you're using spaces in the path folder
- Follow instructions on screen : Button "Open", Button "Mount", wait, choose components, button "Apply", wait, then Button "Save" in Wim or in an ISO
- More important instructions are in the "Read Me.pdf" file provided in the zip package

DOWNLOAD
:

==> Skydrive Download Link

CHANGELOG :
* GENERAL
- Add a "PRESETS" Folder in the package where you could find some dedicated "WinReducer8.wccf"
- Add a configuration Services Tab in "Customization"
- Add a new tip for "Natural Language"
- Add a dialog when "Natural Language" is selected to ask if preset "Protect Windows Search" need to be checked
- Improve GUI - Splash screen design
- Improve GUI - Messages design
- Improve GUI - "Components Reducer" Tab

* COMPONENTS
- Drivers - Modem Support
- Drivers - Pcmcia Support
- Drivers - Printer - Brother
- Drivers - Printer - Canon
- Drivers - Printer - Dell
- Drivers - Printer - East Kodak Corporation
- Drivers - Printer - Epson
- Drivers - Printer - Fuji Xerox
- Drivers - Printer - Generic
- Drivers - Printer - Hewlett Packard
- Drivers - Printer - Konica Minolta
- Drivers - Printer - Kyocera
- Drivers - Printer - Lexmark International
- Drivers - Printer - Microsoft
- Drivers - Printer - OKI
- Drivers - Printer - Ricoh
- Drivers - Printer - Samsung
- Drivers - Printer - Toshiba
- Drivers - Printer - Xerox
- Fonts - Boot
- Languages - en-US
- Multimedia - Speech
- Multimedia - Windows PlayTo
- Multimedia - Windows System Assessment Tool (WinSAT)
- Services - Homegroup (Listener and Provider)
- Services - Security Center
- Tweaks - Explorer - Decrease Windows Border Size and Padding
- Tweaks - System - Reduce Launch Delay For Startup Apps Windows 8 Desktop
- Unattended - Windows Setup - Users Group Type (Administrators or Users)

* IMPROVED CLEANING
- Services - Search

*BUGS RESOLVED
- Resolve unattended file when adding a password for Administrator or a user account
- Resolve Setup Language page not skipped

Cheers.

descriptionWinReducer 8 - v0.39 (alpha) - 2013.02.17 (BUGGY - do not use it) EmptyRe: WinReducer 8 - v0.39 (alpha) - 2013.02.17 (BUGGY - do not use it)

more_horiz
CHANGELOG UPDATED :

* GENERAL
- Add a "PRESETS" Folder in the package where you could find some dedicated "WinReducer8.wccf"

* COMPONENTS
- Multimedia - Windows PlayTo
- Services - Homegroup (Listener + Provider)
- Services - Security Center

descriptionWinReducer 8 - v0.39 (alpha) - 2013.02.17 (BUGGY - do not use it) EmptyRe: WinReducer 8 - v0.39 (alpha) - 2013.02.17 (BUGGY - do not use it)

more_horiz
hi!
is it possible to remove Help And Support?

more_horiz
And Tablet Pc ? Smile

more_horiz
pl add this remover
Table pc
help
old OS migration
remote pc
mobile pc
hyper V ( for enterprise and server OS)
TV tuner and modem driver
and one special stuff u can add i will message you

more_horiz
I tried Tablet PC remove with vLite but it seemed to break my mouse scroll on Start screen and also IE was messed up. Maybe Tablet PC is not an easy remove like with Vista and 7, given Win8 is such a touch oriented OS Question

more_horiz
parapher wrote:
I tried Tablet PC remove with vLite but it seemed to break my mouse scroll on Start screen and also IE was messed up. Maybe Tablet PC is not an easy remove like with Vista and 7, given Win8 is such a touch oriented OS Question

i used 0.38.1 and wintoolkit to delete more items like tablet pc ecc ecc...try it!

in my experience first used wintoolkit and after winreducer

more_horiz
[quote="bay12"]
parapher wrote:
i used 0.38.1 and wintoolkit to delete more items like tablet pc ecc ecc...try it!

I have not used WinToolkit in a longgg time, but when I did try it, the removal options were not really working. It would just disable the components, not remove them. So the size of the images would not really go down at all. Maybe that has changed now. How much did running WinToolkit reduce the size of your image?

more_horiz
parapher wrote:

you are right, wintoolkit don't remove component from iso.
this is my procedure

1) open iso with wintoolkit and removed compents in both section :
- all in one integrator
- component remover

2) save iso

3) open saved iso (approx 3.4gb) with winreducer and remove items

my final iso was 2.6 gb without integrating updates.

with updates 3.3gb

more_horiz
Just for the record : removing everything with WinReducer8 - v0.38.1, and my professional x64 ISO is around 1.87Go ! (no updates,no drivers and no .net framework integrated)

more_horiz
I removed with Winreducer 0.38.1 and my Iso is 1.46 GB (no driver,no Net Framwork 3.5 and no updates) Windows 8 X86

more_horiz
My iso 1.46 with wifi ,usb dongle ,sound driver and .net ... when i add 22 SFX software its about 1.65 gb ... i have also iso with integrated old .net version so i donot need to add again and again .....

more_horiz
where do you get the updates? Question

more_horiz
CHANGELOG UPDATED :
* GENERAL
- Add a configuration Services Tab in "Customization"
- Add new tips for "Natural Language"
- Add a dialog when "Natural Language" is selected to ask if preset "Protect Windows Search" need to be checked

* COMPONENTS
- Tweaks - System - Reduce Launch Delay For Startup Apps Windows 8 Desktop

more_horiz
lordwerther wrote:

Do you mean Windows updates? If so, check here: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

more_horiz
parapher wrote:
lordwerther wrote:

Do you mean Windows updates? If so, check here: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

yes thank you very much!

more_horiz
Interesting link, thank you parapher !

I'm currently fixing bugs so I hope to release this version today ...

EDIT : no luck, so it's not for today, sorry guys...

more_horiz
You're welcome winterstorm and lordwerther!

I have found that particular update repository at MDL to be the best update repositories available. They check each update against newer files and remove superseded updates and keep the list updated completely.

So, direct repo links:

Win7: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Win8: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

MDL Forum thread links connected to these:

Win7: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Win8: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

more_horiz
If you guys want to integrate updates offline and remove the superseded updates, KUC is doing the same thing automatically (works also online). I'm using it for all the new computers I have to update and before creating my WinReducer images. It's great. It is based on quite the same reposity as 'parapher' mentioned.
Check that link: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Here is the procedure to integrate updates inside a wim file:
Launch the command prompt with admin rights and type the following (more info here)

1 - Locate your wim file
"set %sourcefile%=D:\WinReducer8\ISO_EXTRACTED\sources\install.wim"

2 - Create a temporary folder
"md c:\offline"
"set tmpdir=c:\offline"

3 - Mount the %1 image of the wim file
"dism /mount-wim /wimfile:D:\WinReducer8\ISO_EXTRACTED\sources\install.wim /index:1 /mountdir:c:\offline"

4 - Specify the folder where KUC is located
"c:\wu\KUC.exe /DVD-image-dir:c:\offline /up-dir:c:\wu /repo-dir:c:\wu\repo"

5 - Execute following command wwith admin rights if required
"Remove_old.cmd"
"Copy_Files_2_add.cmd"
"Update.cmd"

6 - Unmount the wim file. Changes are made in the install.wim file.
"dism /unmount-wim /mountdir:%tmpdir% /commit"

more_horiz
seiferflo wrote:
If you guys want to integrate updates offline and remove the superseded updates, KUC is doing the same thing automatically (works also online). I'm using it for all the new computers I have to update and before creating my WinReducer images. It's great. It is based on quite the same reposity as 'parapher' mentioned.
Check that link: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Here is the procedure to integrate updates inside a wim file:
Launch the command prompt with admin rights and type the following (more info here)

1 - Locate your wim file
"set %sourcefile%=D:\WinReducer8\ISO_EXTRACTED\sources\install.wim"

2 - Create a temporary folder
"md c:\offline"
"set tmpdir=c:\offline"

3 - Mount the %1 image of the wim file
"dism /mount-wim /wimfile:D:\WinReducer8\ISO_EXTRACTED\sources\install.wim /index:1 /mountdir:c:\offline"

4 - Specify the folder where KUC is located
"c:\wu\KUC.exe /DVD-image-dir:c:\offline /up-dir:c:\wu /repo-dir:c:\wu\repo"

5 - Execute following command wwith admin rights if required
"Remove_old.cmd"
"Copy_Files_2_add.cmd"
"Update.cmd"

6 - Unmount the wim file. Changes are made in the install.wim file.
"dism /unmount-wim /mountdir:%tmpdir% /commit"

ohoo nice tip. i was wondering how to use kuc.. thank you very much!

more_horiz
CHANGELOG UPDATED :
* COMPONENTS
- Languages - en-US

*BUGS RESOLVED
- Resolve unattended file when adding a password for Administrator or a user account
- Resolve Setup Language page not skipped

descriptionWinReducer 8 - v0.39 (alpha) - 2013.02.17 (BUGGY - do not use it) EmptyWInReducer good or bad?

more_horiz
:pirat:I tried Winreducer Alpha .36 and all I got was my hard drive wiped clean, except for the winreducer folder and contents. When I installed it on my second partition it wiped it clean Arrow. I have never had a piece of software do this before. Because of this I cannot and will not recommend this software to anyone. I thought maybe this tool was what I was looking for to customize my Windows 8 Crying or Very sad, I guess I'll just have to keep looking. Good luck with this Evil or Very Mad tool.

more_horiz
Winter, great to see progess. If there is already the Administrator account, could you add an option to make the user account a standard one instead of also an administrator?

more_horiz
Yes, mordre, good idea, I will add this ...

more_horiz
EagleWingPCT wrote:
:pirat:I tried Winreducer Alpha .36 and all I got was my hard drive wiped clean, except for the winreducer folder and contents. When I installed it on my second partition it wiped it clean Arrow. I have never had a piece of software do this before. Because of this I cannot and will not recommend this software to anyone. I thought maybe this tool was what I was looking for to customize my Windows 8 Crying or Very sad, I guess I'll just have to keep looking. Good luck with this Evil or Very Mad tool.

Or you could try to create a virtual machine with VirtualBox or VMware, then install a fresh system on the virtual machine, and at least use WinReducer on it to customize your ISO without the risk to delete your personal data ... If you need help for this, please create a thread in the "Request" Forum.

more_horiz
EagleWingPCT wrote:

Well, alpha software with far reaching permission levels are not toys Smile I would still bet you did not properly use it, but we won't know because you've not told us exactly what you did (maybe you just extracted an ISO straight to your drive and then mounted it, etc.). I've used it across drives and never had the problem you described. Although I could think of a way to achieve what happened to you, but that would be incorrect use of the tool. So perhaps it is better to not use tools like this in your case, unless you consider the risks, consider reading all you can before using it, etc. Then again, since you have a cleanly wiped drive right now, it would the perfect time to try the tool again properly Wink

more_horiz
CHANGELOG UPDATED :

* COMPONENTS
- Drivers - Modem Support
- Drivers - Printer - Brother
- Drivers - Printer - Canon
- Unattended - Windows Setup - Users Group Type (Administrators or Users)

more_horiz
Nice winter, I bet the printer drivers take up a good amount of space.

more_horiz
nice printer driver take much space ..but pl add for HP printer remover cause HP driver more then other ----

more_horiz
CHANGELOG UPDATED :
- Drivers - Pcmcia Support
- Drivers - Printer - Dell
- Drivers - Printer - East Kodak Corporation
- Drivers - Printer - Epson
- Drivers - Printer - Fuji Xerox
- Drivers - Printer - Generic
- Drivers - Printer - Hewlett Packard
- Drivers - Printer - Konica Minolta
- Drivers - Printer - Kyocera
- Drivers - Printer - Lexmark International