The WinReducer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The WinReducer ForumLog in

FORUM

Windows 10 Preview

+5
aymanalz
zesh_ii
winterstorm2050
KrX
Torrentus
9 posters

descriptionWindows 10 Preview - Page 3 EmptyRe: Windows 10 Preview

more_horiz
Yes, and I agree with you, it seems to be almost difficult that MS could change many things in their system before the RTM release ...

more_horiz
Money-grabbers M$ , what did we expect from lamers? Ok this was my final statement, now I am calm again Wink

more_horiz
bom

more_horiz
P.S It was somehow expected because of the short amount of time. It would be interesting to know how many indian programmers did they hire for this job, I bet they have little better conditions than these chinese iphone6 slave workers in the factory...

more_horiz
Yes that's a shame, like Nike in his time !

With "EXPERT" Options, all went fine .... there are still optimizations to do ... but the ISO is around 1.1Gb (I didn't remove all components !)

more_horiz
Good news is, it's a much easier job for you Winterstorm  Laughing Hahaha...

Also you could make big PR on the internet saying you are the first Windows 10 reducer Wink

more_horiz
Yes ... but the new-old start menu is gone ... pale

more_horiz
Torrentus wrote:
Also you could make big PR on the internet saying you are the first Windows 10 reducer Wink

lol!

more_horiz
Shouldn't be that hard to fix, you are also too greedy in patience to think you are already done with your home work ( Windows 10 stripping ) in few hours lol  Cool

more_horiz
Yep, that's right ! And it's the best part for me ... finding how to fix this ! I think you also know what I mean ... Smile

more_horiz
winterstorm2050 wrote:
Torrentus wrote:

lol!

Actually this was no joke, I know you can do it, I am certain this will be the first Windows 10 reducer on the web.
Show the scene what you are made off  Cool

more_horiz
Thank you, I really appreciate !

EDIT : I just found that Charms Bar is gone !

more_horiz
Also to finally close the rage topic/criticism on these M$-Trolls, now I know why M$ just renamed Windows 9 to Windows 10 and not Windows 8.2 Wink. Their PR management is obviously better than their programmers, they working with these simple tricks which are of course effective for the consumer. The illusion always works to get the big $$$. People should not live in their artificial bubble...

more_horiz
P.S I am sorry for those who read my last posts in this thread, I didn't want to take away your momentum of euphoria. 
But sometimes you need to speak the harsh truth, even if it hurts. You can't walk your whole life blind...

Eventually time will heal wounds... so cheer up  flower

This was kinda silly attempt, if you feel depressed switch to some Linux distros hahaha Wink

more_horiz
No problem my friend, you have presented your arguments with respect !

In fact, this was a really interesting discussion ... Wink

more_horiz
Folks, does Windows 10 have aero glass? I mean, the semi transparent window borders that Vista and 7 had?

Winter: Are you trying on a 32 bit, or 64 bit ISO (or both)? The ISO size of 1.1 GB that you reported - was that x32 or x64?

more_horiz
Hey,

This is a screenshot of what it looks like in VMware Player after using WinReducer 10.0 alpha build :
Windows 10 Preview - Page 3 Winred14

And of course it's for a x64 architecture ... Wink ... And there are some optimizations needed to improve the reducing, but this will not be a big deal !

more_horiz
hey one question. when you click [Win-Key]+[E] this "home "opens like you see on winters screenshot above.

is there a way so it will get with this combination to "This PC" ? i dont like this "home" thing...

So far, i still like windows10 even if its full of crap at the moment xD

more_horiz
From the screenshot, there seems to be no aeroglass effect. Pity, because there were rumours that they would bring back aero, just like they brought back the start menu.  But then it could also be due to the fact that Winter is running it on a VM, and that display drivers don't work the same way.

Anyway, can winreducer 10 be run on windows 8.1? Or do we have to install an unreduced Win 10 first?

I agree with a previous poster who said that you ought to publicize your program, as you will most likely be the first to release such a program for win 10. Remember how famous 'Nuhi' became, for winlite?

My dad's laptop has such a small SSD (16 gb) that it would have been impossible to run Win 8.1 on it, without reducing it first.

more_horiz
aymanalz wrote:
From the screenshot, there seems to be no aeroglass effect. Pity, because there were rumours that they would bring back aero, just like they brought back the start menu.  But then it could also be due to the fact that Winter is running it on a VM, and that display drivers don't work the same way.

im running win10 on a live machine:

Windows 10 Preview - Page 3 7fq8z2oq

the taskbar is transparent

more_horiz
For me is no different from 8.1 - yes, even without the driver installations to video personalization hangs when replacing wallpaper on your desktop..
Windows 10 Preview - Page 3 Captur10

more_horiz
Hahaha Guys you are already using it as your live OS? I tell you yesterday I have observed that it has many bugs.
Sometimes when you open some window-settings it freezes, sometimes when you shutdown an explorer.exe error message pops up.
It is not stable enough now Wink

more_horiz
Also I personally wouldn't use it now because it is sending all your data to Microsoft-Mainserver. First you need to remove all the spyware that is implemented...

more_horiz
Yes, I'm agree with you, the best choice is to use it on a virtual machine ... Very Happy

But, in the other hand, to really know what the windows engine could provide, it's better to install it on a physical machine ... and only for testing purpose !

more_horiz
winterstorm2050 wrote:
Yes ... but the new-old start menu is gone ... pale

@torrentus : It has been fast to fix it ... because there is an option in the taskbar properties to activate/desactivate it ... drunken

more_horiz
I knew it Wink , great work! I will try to manually strip it down... We should make a remove list!

more_horiz
aymanalz wrote:

Anyway, can winreducer 10 be run on windows 8.1? Or do we have to install an unreduced Win 10 first?

I agree with a previous poster who said that you ought to publicize your program, as you will most likely be the first to release such a program for win 10. Remember how famous 'Nuhi' became, for winlite?

My dad's laptop has such a small SSD (16 gb) that it would have been impossible to run Win 8.1 on it, without reducing it first.

Hey,
1) No glass effect ... like in Windows 8.x.x
2) For Alpha builds, yes WinReducer 10.0 will be available in Windows 8.1.1 installed systems ... until we find something that prevent this possibility !
3) Thank you very much for your support, and ideas, I've updated the website, the facebook fan page to inform everyone that WinReducer 10.0 will be out soon ! With an alpha test reserved to "LIFETIME VIP", like I promised them to bring exclusivity to give a try at new software version before all others ... Wink

more_horiz
Btw did you guys tried the winsxs removal on Winodws 8/8.1 like it did work on Windows 7? I don't know if it works, didn't even try Windows 8/8.1 but I guess it could work? If so, we could apply it on Windows 10. This would help us enormous to reduce Windows 10 Wink

more_horiz
Torrentus wrote:
I knew it Wink , great work! I will try to manually strip it down... We should make a remove list!

Yes, because I've found that new Modern UI apps are available (a "Windows Feedback") or windows defender is not working like previously ...

more_horiz
Torrentus wrote:
Btw did you guys tried the winsxs removal on Winodws 8/8.1 like it did work on Windows 7? I don't know if it works, didn't even try Windows 8/8.1 but I guess it could work? If so, we could apply it on Windows 10. This would help us enormous to reduce Windows 10 Wink

TRIED and working without problems !
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum