The WinReducer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The WinReducer ForumLog in

FORUM

WinReducer 8.1 (Old discussion)

+73
parapher
Jpm
livingsilver94
demo71
pricecaptain
Mr.T
waldi84
pedilover
xuke771
T3st3r
leom81
castillo92
Alphonso Elric
freak.vulgar
Archimede
gougitany1
ffrules
neoss
dany00711
Cyber2000
FAFAŁ
test55
Cryoniq
YubiGalaxy
lss7777
muharremerd
aymanalz
bart3lon
websun
scottallthefriends
brazilcoco
ruby2hora
~BSOD~
yselimk
zumoc
aydentist86
Greatmetal
burt88
caphp
ziloth
Blaireau
Karolina
bymax
Ducco
mido26683
hclarkjr
Intelmaster
NODeath
slickric21
xmasivex
mrpotter2510
Veki385
sc7es
rafa9009
seiferflo
MrosPros
Niko
bay12
savale
dave999
billybully
gjoyal
carlese
spidernz
lucaskent
amin20
KrX
panman
inallsorts
theKramer
tupac4u
mau370
winterstorm2050
77 posters

descriptionWinReducer 8.1 (Old discussion) - Page 33 EmptyRe: WinReducer 8.1 (Old discussion)

more_horiz
This is the same error I reported HERE (even if worse explained).

descriptionWinReducer 8.1 (Old discussion) - Page 33 EmptyRe: WinReducer 8.1 (Old discussion)

more_horiz
Hello,

"WinReducer 8.1 - v1.07" has been released !

You could find the changelog and the download link in the WinReducer website !

Best Regards.

winterstorm2050

more_horiz
Hi,
Thanks for your good application.
I just download winreducer8.1 v1.07.
I get trouble to integrate the Update 1.
The download of Windows8.1-KB2919355-x64.msu.
 in fact 2 are prosed one Under Update_1 and another Under Update.
When dowloading Winreducer8.1 say that it will download a 680Mb file which is correct with 1.06 but only a 572Kb file is dowloaded.
Creating the integrated iso and installing it does not apply Update 1.

Replacing the update 1 corresponding update 1 with the previous 680 Mb file does not solve either as this big file cannot be installed.

Can we have a fix to have a working Winreducer8.1 1.07 integarting  the update 1

Thanks for your help

more_horiz
Hello,

You are right, there was a problem, and it should be solved now !

Sorry.

Best Regards.

more_horiz
Hello,

"WinReducer 8.1 - v1.08" has been released !

- Solved a problem with Update 1 slipstreaming

more_horiz
I just made an ISO with v1.08, and I am not able to install windows with it. At startup, I get the message to press any key to boot from USB, which I do, and the setup starts. It first displays the win 8 logo and then I get the blue screen saying "setup is starting". But then, the machine simply restarts for no apparent reason.

I have used v1.06 to create ISOs succesfully with update 1 integrated into it. The only difference now is that I have also integrated the subsequent updates. Any ideas on what could be wrong?

more_horiz
In my case, I used a sysprep'd image that has Win8.1 Update 1 integrated. After the WinReducer treatment, I install the image in VirtualBox but in the beginning I get the message "Windows could not display the images available for installation." This was with WR v1.07.

more_horiz
Winterstorm, you might want to add inetcpl.cpl to the IE keep list, as the current protection didn't keep this file, and error will come up saying this file is missing after launching IE. Copying this file back to system32 folder fixes the error..

more_horiz
winterstorm2050 wrote:
Hello,

"WinReducer 8.1 - v1.08" has been released !

- Solved a problem with Update 1 slipstreaming

Thanks that solve the isssue.

Just small remarks
Not all hotfix appear in the list after Slipstreaming.
KB2932046, KB2934018, KB2937592, KB2938439
but the streaming seems OK no request from Windows Update.

I also notice that Windows8.1-KB2954879-v2-x64.msu is not applied.

Thanks for your big support

more_horiz
aymanalz wrote:
I just made an ISO with v1.08, and I am not able to install windows with it. At startup, I get the message to press any key to boot from USB, which I do, and the setup starts. It first displays the win 8 logo and then I get the blue screen saying "setup is starting". But then, the machine simply restarts for no apparent reason.

I have used v1.06 to create ISOs succesfully with update 1 integrated into it. The only difference now is that I have also integrated the subsequent updates. Any ideas on what could be wrong?

Sorry, ignore this post of mine. I realized what was wrong - I had removed "Support for IEEE 1667", and that was the issue.

But I have a different issue with v1.07 and v1.08, that update 1 does not get integrated. I was able to integrate it succesfully with v1.06, but with the latest versions, they don't get integrated. I have tried several times, and I cannot figure out the issue.

Has anybody else succesfully integrated update 1 using v1.08?

more_horiz
Great Tool winterstorm2050, thank you very much!

1. Question: I have lost "Desktop (create shortcut)" possibility in right click
"Send to" function?! How to recover it?

2. Suggestion: Please, reorganize "Tweaks" section in accordance with other
sections so, that every checking means remove the possibility.

more_horiz
phox13 wrote:
Great Tool winterstorm2050, thank you very much!

1. Question: I have lost "Desktop (create shortcut)" possibility in right click
"Send to" function?! How to recover it?

2. Suggestion: Please, reorganize "Tweaks" section in accordance with other
sections so, that every checking means remove the possibility.

Hi!
When I made my customized windows 7 I ran into the same problem. After some research and debug I found that sendmail.dll is required in system32 for the send to desktop function and copy+pasting it resolved my problem. The same file exists in windows 8.1 and I've uploaded it to dropbox for you. Do try if it solves your problem.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/hmps3we6rnjzemg/sendmail.dll

more_horiz
You are right, thank you!

That means that this file should be put on the list of protected files
and warning should be put for removing component which is responsible
for removing of this file!

Edit:

After renew test I found that "sendmail.dll" file is not the only missing,
but something else is missing too. I could not determine removing of
which component is causing this problem?!

more_horiz
I believe this dll used to be part of Outlook. If you have the time you could try if keeping accessories/windows mail helps. If it doesn't you shuld upload your config file so it is easier to help you.

more_horiz
kolle128 wrote:
I believe this dll used to be part of Outlook. If you have the time you could try if keeping accessories/windows mail helps. If it doesn't you shuld upload your config file so it is easier to help you.

Please find my config file at:

https://mega.co.nz/#!890R3JJZ!VuCF2EVWk7yffeaU0Dg5uy8A8X_fg0PWyUZiss9imHw

more_horiz
kolle128 wrote:
I believe this dll used to be part of Outlook. If you have the time you could try if keeping accessories/windows mail helps.
If it doesn't you shuld upload your config file so it is easier to help you.

After some testing I found temporary solution:

Do NOT select "Windows Mail" for removal but simply delete it from folder "Program Files"

before final ISO or WIM generation. This approach prevents deleting of file "sendmail.dll"

and some other file(s) (I don't know which) responsible for "Send to Desktop" function.

For permanent solution, winterstorm2050 or someone who knows it better than me

should find additional file(s) and put them on the list of protected files.

more_horiz
Hello guys,

Just to inform you that I will release v1.1 on Sunday 1st June 2014 !

Best Regards.

winterstorm2050

more_horiz
Thank you man it is very Excellent News 

Good Luck

more_horiz
Hello guys,

WinReducer 8.1 - v1.10 has been released !

CHANGELOG :

Best Regards.

winterstorm2050

more_horiz
Thanks a lot for your hard work and for this wonderful project

Carlo

more_horiz
winterstorm2050 wrote:
Hello guys,

WinReducer 8.1 - v1.10 has been released !

Best Regards.

winterstorm2050

There is the same problem as before: when Windows Mail is selected for removal,
"Send to Desktop (create shortcut)" possibility is lost.

File "sendmail.dll" and some other files should be protected!

more_horiz
@Car_Pier : You are welcome my friend !

@phox13 : I'm working on a solution which will help you manually edit the list of "Presets - Protect Important Files" ...  Wink

more_horiz
Winter,

I am unable to create ISOs using v1.10.

I get two errors, neither of which stop work.

First I get some sort of an error during the integration of updates. I can't remember what the error message says, but the process still continues without my interaction. After that, I get an error during ISO creation, and when I click OK, the process seems to continue, and I get the message that my ISO has been created succesfully.

However, the ISO is NOT created, and I simply see a file in the ExtractedByWinReducer\sources folder, named temp-install.wim.

I shall upload my wccf file if it would help.

more_horiz
Hello,

I sent you a PM.

Regards.

more_horiz
Hello 
In my version 1.10 damages install.wim 

while 1.08 in the same configuration works properly

http://www14.zippyshare.com/v/18916476/file.html

I was not looking to end 

but the mistakes I have as I move the drivers or tweaks

more_horiz
winterstorm2050 wrote:
Hi,

I'm really proud to announce that the new WinReducer 8.1 has been released and you could find it by following the link below :

==> WINREDUCER WEBSITE DOWNLOAD PAGE !

Please to report what you think about this build in this thread : thank you !

winterstorm2050

Hi Winterstorm2050,

I found there is a "WIM" option. Does it mean it will create WIMBOOT image, which is a new feature of Windows 8.1 and the installation on SSD only takes about 3GB? Thanks

more_horiz
Hello,

No, this option is to create (or split) your settings in your install.wim (or boot.wim) file(s) to be install with a standard procedure.

You are welcome.

more_horiz
Hello guys,

I discovered a bug in v1.10 and previous build, if you want to download "Update 1" for x86 system using "WinReducer Updates Tool", these updates are not correctly downloaded, so you can't apply them to your ISO.

So please wait for the v1.11, I will release it tomorrow : 22 June 2014 !

Regards.

more_horiz
Hello guys,

WinReducer 8.1 - v1.11 has been released !

CHANGELOG :

Best Regards.

winterstorm2050

more_horiz
Hi Winter

I use WinReducer 8.1 - v1.11 
receive one Error During Iso installation(I select only Expert winsxs clean up )
WinReducer 8.1 (Old discussion) - Page 33 Winsxs11
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum