The WinReducer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The WinReducer ForumLog in

FORUM

Windows 10 Preview Build 9860

+5
winterstorm2050
Yuriy
drew24
Hen Ry
Torrentus
9 posters

descriptionWindows 10 Preview Build 9860 - Page 2 EmptyRe: Windows 10 Preview Build 9860

more_horiz
On MDL forums, 'murphy78' has released a torrent containing the install.esd for all versions and all languages of the 9860 build. He has also included a tool to quickly convert an esd into an ISO with a wim in it.

Is it OK to put a link to that MDL page here? Since the content of the torrent is free, I'm guessing it's not illegal?

descriptionWindows 10 Preview Build 9860 - Page 2 EmptyRe: Windows 10 Preview Build 9860

more_horiz
winterstorm2050 wrote:
pricecaptain wrote:
winterstorm2050 wrote:
Hello,

Yes, this is only the case if you previously removed all features or if you use faulty DISM version ...

Could you please tell me which windows 10 you have and on which system you are trying to use it ?

Thanks ... Very Happy

Winter, by faulty DISM version, do you mean if I used a slim down version of windows to run the program it will act like that? I quickly install a vm full version windows under 5 minutes then run Winreducer in it and it works.. so which part can't be removed if I want a slimdown host OS to run WinReducer properly?

I think that your method (using a VM full version machine) is the best method, until Windows 10 will reach RTM builds ... Because Microsoft in all available coming Windows 10 builds will change several things, so each time there will be potential severe bugs after using WinReducer 10.0 ! This is normal because Windows 10 and WinReducer 10.0 are both a work in progress ... I will try to resolve all bugs as soon as I can ... Smile

==> I've tried the 9860 build, provided by torrentus, and Windows can't be installed after using my "EXTREME" preset ... so I need to figure this out ! Wink

Great job,Thanks.

more_horiz
aymanalz wrote:
On MDL forums, 'murphy78' has released a torrent containing the install.esd for all versions and all languages of the 9860 build. He has also included a tool to quickly convert an esd into an ISO with a wim in it.

Is it OK to put a link to that MDL page here? Since the content of the torrent is free, I'm guessing it's not illegal?

Hello guys,

OK, do it, thank you very much for asking for authorization ... Very Happy

more_horiz
KrX wrote:
hey guys,

anyone knows how to change  Win-key + E not gong to HOME but to This PC like it always was ?

Activate :

Deactivate :

more_horiz
This is the magnet link to the torrent:
[url=magnet:?xt=urn:btih:f6ec53d6255cfe193ada32ec70017dad625281ce&dn=Windows+10+Technical+Preview+Build+9860+Pro-Ent&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Ftracker.openbittorrent.com%3A80&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Ftracker.publicbt.com%3A80&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Ftracker.istole.it%3A6969&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Fopen.demonii.com%3A1337]Windows Technical Preview Build 9860 Pro-Ent Torrent[/url]

And this is the link to the MDL page:
http://forums.mydigitallife.info/threads/57603-Windows-Technical-Preview-Build-9860-Pro-Ent-Torrent

more_horiz
Hen Ry wrote:
KrX wrote:
hey guys,

anyone knows how to change  Win-key + E not gong to HOME but to This PC like it always was ?

Activate :

Deactivate :

If this works, maybe it could be an option under "tweaks" in winreducer 10?

more_horiz
Is there any way that Winreducer 10 could be made to run on Win 8.1?

I don't want to install win10 on my computer, so I installed it as a VM, using virtualbox. For some reason, winreducer 10 works extremely slowly on the VM. I have allocated enough RAM and processor to the VM. But hard disk access seems to be very slow, although it is an SSD. Is there any setting that I could change, to make that faster?

If not, as I asked, is there any way to get this to run on win 8.1?

more_horiz
winter said u need to be running w10 for it to work

more_horiz
Hello,

@aymanalz :
- try to disable Windows Defender and Smart Screen, they are known to slow down process ... Wink
- You need to also take care about the fact that virtualization software are not completely compatible with windows 10, with no official support, so it could be also that ... Wink

@aymanalz and KrX : could you please add this in the request forum, if it's not already done, because when I will start adding stuff to WinReducer 10, it will be easier for me, thank you guys ... Smile

more_horiz
winterstorm2050 wrote:
Hello,

@aymanalz :
- try to disable Windows Defender and Smart Screen, they are known to slow down process ... Wink
- You need to also take care about the fact that virtualization software are not completely compatible with windows 10, with no official support, so it could be also that ... Wink

@aymanalz and KrX : could you please add this in the request forum, if it's not already done, because when I will start adding stuff to WinReducer 10, it will be easier for me, thank you guys ... Smile

done:

https://forum.winreducer.net/t927-regtweak-clean-home-folder-add-thispc

more_horiz
Thanks, KrX ... Smile

more_horiz
winterstorm2050 wrote:
Hello,

@aymanalz :

Yes, that's what it was. I used a different software (VMware player), and the performance was much better. I made an X64 ISO with .net framework integrated, and the size is 1.7 GB, further reduced to 1.25 GB when the wim is converted to esd.

more_horiz
PC settings does not work in my reduced win 10. I had removed all metro related stuff, except "Immersive control panel". With the same settings, it still works on Win 8.1. I mean, PC settings works on win 8.1 even when I remove all metro related stuff except ICP.

Is there anything particular you know of that needs to be kept in Win 10 for PC settings to work?

more_horiz
aymanalz wrote:
PC settings does not work in my reduced win 10. I had removed all metro related stuff, except "Immersive control panel". With the same settings, it still works on Win 8.1. I mean, PC settings works on win 8.1 even when I remove all metro related stuff except ICP.

Is there anything particular you know of that needs to be kept in Win 10 for PC settings to work?

Good timing aymanalz Smile , I am working on the Windows 10 Remove List and I also encountered the PC Settings bug. I have tested and found out that you need 4 files ( +3 mui files ) from the Windows Store App.
Look HERE , it's the first one in the DO NOT DELETE LIST.

more_horiz
Hello guys,

I will update WinReducer 10 to update with this !

Thank you for your sharing.

more_horiz
Hey guys need some help i made an os all went well until i opened it in vmware  its sayin (autorun.dll could not be loaded or is corrupt setup cannot continue..error code is 0x45A)   any help please  this happened 3 times  i must be doin something wrong Surprised

more_horiz
Hey,

did you use "Optimizations - EXPERT - WinSXS Folder Cleanup (boot.wim)" and/or "EXPERT - WinSXS Folder Cleanup (install.wim)" ?

more_horiz
did not use any i have to?

more_horiz
Probably yes, at least for the moment, because it seems that it could hang the W10 9860 build (previous build seems to not be concerned by this bug) ... I need to properly test this build, as it seems a newest has been also released by MS today ... Very Happy

more_horiz
ookk m8 will try the optimigtion on this.....and tanks 4 the quick reply  Very Happy

more_horiz
modified Lockscreen

Run as Administrator: explorer.exe "shell:AppsFolder\Microsoft.WindowsDefaultLockScreen_8wekyb3d8bbwe!LockApp"
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum