The WinReducer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The WinReducer ForumLog in

FORUM

Expert WinSXS option problem

+2
winterstorm2050
Kriskriston
6 posters

descriptionExpert WinSXS option problem EmptyExpert WinSXS option problem

more_horiz
Hello,
I first of all make a point of thanking for the Winreducer program.

I absolutely need Windows 8.1 Super Lite for an old  Netbook (processor simple Atom 1.6 Ghz core and 2 Go Ram).

I carried out an ISO of 1.7 Go de Windows 8.1Pro (ori 2,77 Go)  without problem except if I choose two options.
EXPERT WinSXS Folder cleanup, this optimization makes plant the end of the installation of Windows 8.1 Pro in virtualBox.

EXPERT WinSXS Folder Compression stops systematically after having started, after 15 minutes nothing does not move.

I have the big configuration PC (new configuration).

Expert WinSXS option problem Ashamp10

Expert WinSXS option problem Ashamp11

Here my requests,
Would you have a WinSXS solution?
I do not find in your forum, best optimization for Windows 8.1, don't you do have some?

Thank you in advance and sorry for my approximate English

Kris Wink

descriptionExpert WinSXS option problem EmptyRe: Expert WinSXS option problem

more_horiz
hi,

what i can say is: it takes time for this options.

for me and windows 7 it takes 1 hour for "EXPERT WinSXS Folder cleanup" and about 20 mins for "EXPERT WinSXS Folder Compression" when i use it together.

if you only use "EXPERT WinSXS Folder Compression" it will take more time because it has more files and folders to compress (because you didnt remove them with "EXPERT WinSXS Folder cleanup")

EDIT; for win8.1 it could take more or less time, like i said i use windows 7 and winreducer 7

more_horiz
Hello Xrx 

Thank you for your answer, but attention you use not the same program!

if I use only the option WinSXS Folder Cleanup, Windows 8.1 Pro crash at the end of the installation (error message).
For compression, it is good information which you gave me, I thought that the installation was freeze

For WinSXS Cleanup, it is rather fast over my PC, a few minutes undoubtedly because of my large configuration but at the end crash.

For information I carried out a Windows 7 Ultimate of 825 Mo (2,95 Go on HDD), it functions with wonder, but I needed three programs for that.

Kris

more_horiz
ok.

can you show us the error message you get?

more_horiz
Of course, I do...

Expert WinSXS option problem Ashamp12

Translate on picture:

The modifications made to your computer will not be recorded.

Windows could not apply the parameters without assistance during the phase (offlineServicing)

Thank for all!

Kris Wink

more_horiz
hihi,

you are using an unattanded file?

because thats the error i got last time with windows 7 and i thought it is this one:

https://forum.winreducer.net/t847-error-during-installation

maybe its simular,

if i find something i will let you know

more_horiz
Hi,
I thought of that also, I had made an installation without Unattended mode, but the result was identical with the same message unfortunately.

if i find something i will let you know

large a thank you with you

Kris confused

more_horiz
yep i  know, for me removing the unattended file didnt resolve the problem too.

more_horiz
Hello Kris and welcome, Very Happy

Have some questions for you :

- Did you create manually your own unattended.xml file ? Or use WinReducer (unattended tab) for that ?

- Which ISO do you use ? Do you know if unattended settings have been directly integrated in the ISO ?

Let me know please ...

more_horiz
Hi
I may be able to test this on mine today.

So, the problem seems to be WinSXS Cleanup?  And possibly Compression?
I will test using just those two options.

more_horiz
Hello Winterstorm,

I allow myself to thank you and especially for congratulated you for quality on your software and your work. drunken

Your software is very fast, nothing to see with RT7 or Vlite for Windows 7.

- Did you create manually your own unattended.xml file ? Or use WinReducer (unattended tab) for that ?

I did not create my Unattended.xml manually file, I used WinReducer for that.

- Which ISO do you use ? Do you know if unattended settings have been directly integrated in the ISO ?

My ISO is manufactured by WinReducer and the file is directly integrated by your program.

Additional information, I tried to create an ISO without Unattended mode with WinReducer and without Unattended.xml file, I had the same error message.
Expert WinSXS option problem Ashamp13

Kris Wink

more_horiz
Ok, here is what I've tested so far.

Host is Win 8.1 x64 Pro with Update 1 (Reduced)
WinReducer for 8.1 ver 1.20
Untouched ISO of Win 8.1 x86 Pro with Update 1

Open WRed, no preset - nothing selected
Selected EXPERT - WinSXS Cleanup.
FINISH....  Saved as WIM
Added my own Autounattend.xml and Created ISO file (using bat script)

Loaded into VBox....
OS Installed without any errors.  Neutral

Those facing a problem with crashes...  Before you create your ISO, please replace the boot.wim with the original one from an untouched ISO, just to see whether the problem is in boot.wim

more_horiz
hey, like i said i got the same error with win7, (the message was the same) and i got the feeling that it happens when i select some services (the first 10 at services to remove) AND the winsxs cleanup

edit: maybe it has something to do with "Offline Files Service" ? And winsxs cleanup?

did you remove that service kriskriston?

more_horiz
Kriskriston wrote:
if I use only the option WinSXS Folder Cleanup, Windows 8.1 Pro crash at the end of the installation (error message).

I think I misunderstood.

@Kris
Did you mean, in WinReducer, you only chose the 'WinSXS Folder Cleanup' option, or do you mean, with all your other selections you added 'WinSXS Folder Cleanup', but not the Compression option?

Is it possible to show us your .wccf file?

Thanks

more_horiz
Good evening,

Approximately 295 notched suppressions included “cleanup” and " compression” result = error message.

Approximately 295 notched suppressions included  “cleanup” = error message

I tried to notch only WinSXS cleanup and any problem with the ISO = no error message.

Is it possible to show us your .wccf file?

Yes, I do not find the option which makes it possible to send a file.

I can double click above and make a photograph if that is appropriate to you.
Kris Wink

more_horiz
hey i got the error now too.

used winreducer 7 removed everything i could. installation OK.
used the winsxs cleanup on that iso and got this problem.

i will test now more because i think some other component is causing it.

will report later is i find something

more_horiz
ok i tried again

i used an untouched windows 7 iso.

just used winsxs cleanup and got the same error

more_horiz
*message to long...*

i will try again. it looks like some files are missing from winsxs folder. i tried it with an untouched iso , -> winsxs cleanup and i got the error shown above. so i replaced all files from winsxs with files i got from an earlier version of winreducer 7. and it worked (no error).

here is an file with files that didnt work and files from the earlier version (its an file because the message will be again to long....)

http://www65.zippyshare.com/v/92675169/file.html

more_horiz
Please check that these three folders exist in WinSXS (after cleanup, before save .wim)
Catalogs     (empty)
InstallTemp    (empty)
Manifests    (100+ manifests)

Possible problem is top two missing folders from WinSXS.

more_horiz
Hello guys,

I will release v1.21, in few hours, could you please try it and let me know if the bug is still present ...

If it's the case, we will move this thread in the "BUGS" section ... Smile

Thank you for your reports !

descriptionExpert WinSXS option problem EmptyWinreducer 8.1- v1.21

more_horiz
Hello
Could you indicate to me where the link of download of this new version 1.21 is exactly.
I do not find the link that it is on the forum or the Web site

I reconsider an additional issue which I had already raised.
Expert WinSXS folder compression has several recoveries remains fixed even after 30 minutes and other times, compression occur without problem in two minutes
Thank you in advance
Kris Question

more_horiz
winterstorm2050 wrote:
I will release v1.21, in few hours ...

It's just not available for the moment ... until I will release it ... Smile

more_horiz
Hello,
I have just tested the new version of the software and unfortunately I always have the error and new message at the time of the installation.

Expert WinSXS option problem Ashamp14

The installation cannot continue, because a file of installation is damaged.
Contact the supplier of the disc of Windows installation or your system administrator to obtain assistance.

I tested in Unattended mode with Expert WinSXS folder compression and 280 files to be removed.

I then tested without Unattended mode and 280 files to be removed, always the same error message.

thank you for your research efforts

Kris No

more_horiz
this error looks like one that i also get (but i cant read your language so im not 100% sure)

im testing my error at the moment. and my error happens when removing this 2 services:

Application Experience Service
Background Intelligent Transfer Service

(it is only 1 of them but im testing at the moment)

did you remove one of these services?

descriptionExpert WinSXS option problem EmptyWinsxs problem

more_horiz
Hello,

I did not touch any of these two options.

It is damage which this option Expert Winsxs compression currently does not function because it allows a serious profit of slimming of Windows 8.1.

It is also possible to compress Wim.install, I have small experience in this field with the Gimagex software for Windows 7, but I do not have any idea which software can be used for that (Windows 8.1).

For the moment, I carried out an ISO of 1.74 Go which seems stable, but that does not satisfy me, with Winsxs, I had a result of 1.30 Go, which was already a little better.

What thinks our administrator of the Winsxs problem with the last version of its program?

Kriskriston. Wink

more_horiz
Hello,
The problem does you remain with the last upgrade, did stop research on this subject?
Kriskriston

more_horiz
hi,

for me it is working since RC7.

So hopefully it will work for you too

more_horiz
Hello,

I am disappointed following your answer, I invite you to read again my previous articles and your answers concerning the problem, expert winsx cleanup and compression give me an error message.
With you to read, it seems that you encountered the same problems, I used an Iso of official Windows 8.1 and right coachman corresponding boxes, nothing difficult thus, but the result is there, an error message with VMware virtual.

The installation cannot continue, because a file of installation is damaged.
Contact the supplier of the disc of Windows installation or your system administrator to obtain assistance.

Kris confused

more_horiz
Kris

You have to realise that the feature you are using does work fine for most people, but obviously not for you.  This might mean that you have discovered a particular bug, or it might mean that you do something different that most of us don't do...

Please could I ask, are you using an 'untouched' ISO image?  Could you tell us if any updates have been integrated into your image?

The reason I ask this is because I came across a similar problem (slightly different error message) but the fault only occurred when I integrated certain updates.

If you haven't done this already, use an ISO that does not have any updates, and don't integrate any updates.  Just run your WinReducer profile on this image and see if you get the same message.

Thank you for your patience.

more_horiz
Hello,
Please could I ask, are you using an 'untouched' ISO image?  Could you tell us if any updates have been integrated into your image? 

Seek the error!

I understood very well what you want to say, but I then not to answer with exactitude, not of update carried out, just the file ei.cfg removed to obtain Windows universal.

Just run your WinReducer profile on this image and see if you get the same message.

Approximately 295 notched suppressions included “cleanup” and " compression” result = error message.

Approximately 295 notched suppressions included  “cleanup” = error message

I tried to notch only WinSXS cleanup and any problem with the ISO = no error message.

I am very motivated to succeed because I recovered a netbook HP 2010-2040 with a processor Atom 455 and I thus need very light Windows 8.1 because of the weakness of the processor

Kris
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum