The WinReducer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The WinReducer ForumLog in

FORUM

[ANSWERED] how can I reduce "assembly" and "Microsoft.NET" ?

+4
theKramer
billybully
mrpotter2510
caphp
8 posters

description[ANSWERED] how can I reduce "assembly" and "Microsoft.NET" ? - Page 2 EmptyRe: [ANSWERED] how can I reduce "assembly" and "Microsoft.NET" ?

more_horiz
Hello,

I've worked on this, and with WinReducer 8.1/10.0, you could safely use : "Optimizations - EXPERT - Net Framework Light Cleanup" : it only removes only unneeded files ... Wink ... but keep alive NET Framework !

BUT, in the other hand, if you do not need NET Framework, you could use "Optimizations - EXPERT - Net Framework Complete Cleanup" which entirely cleans the NET Framework functionality, so it will not be available !

And I could tell you that I'm working on a new WinReducer option, which will only keep some files for NET Framework software to keep it alive, but also reduce the installation size ... Smile

description[ANSWERED] how can I reduce "assembly" and "Microsoft.NET" ? - Page 2 EmptyRe: [ANSWERED] how can I reduce "assembly" and "Microsoft.NET" ?

more_horiz
Hey,
I made a few ISOs with the "light cleanup" selected. After installation, the size of the folder is 512 mb, and the size on disk (compressed, I guess) is 304 mb. Is this what would be expected?

(Unfortunately, I have forgotten what the size cameĀ used to be when I did not select the "light cleanup".)

more_horiz
Hello,

Yes this is expected like that, because the biggest Net Framework folder is the entire Net Framework folder, but you will loose all net framework functionalities. I've discovered a simple solution to bypass the trouble with removing entirely Net Framework, and only keep the necessary files.

Unfortunately, it needs many more tests so it will be available during 2015 !
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum