The WinReducer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The WinReducer ForumLog in

FORUM

[SOLVED] Bug report for v0.2.0.0, startmenu doesn't work

+4
KrX
winterstorm2050
dedelamalice
jeffery8341
8 posters

description[SOLVED] Bug report for v0.2.0.0, startmenu doesn't work  Empty[SOLVED] Bug report for v0.2.0.0, startmenu doesn't work

more_horiz
Hi,

I used the same preset in v0.1.0.0, the start button works fine and I can install Classic Shell, but in 0.2.0.0v, both start buton and Classic Shell don't work. I am trying to find out where the BUG is.

description[SOLVED] Bug report for v0.2.0.0, startmenu doesn't work  EmptyRe: [SOLVED] Bug report for v0.2.0.0, startmenu doesn't work

more_horiz
jeffery8341 wrote:
Hi,

I used the same preset in v0.1.0.0, the start button works fine and I can install Classic Shell, but in 0.2.0.0v, both start buton and Classic Shell don't work. I am trying to find out where the BUG is.

Works well for me with The latest version 

Version 4.2.3 release candidate

description[SOLVED] Bug report for v0.2.0.0, startmenu doesn't work  EmptyRe: [SOLVED] Bug report for v0.2.0.0, startmenu doesn't work

more_horiz
I am sure the BUG is hiding in neither"Hydrid Boot" or "Metro Boot" or "Ready Boot",  but I am not interesting in finding the exactly one.

more_horiz
Hello,

Thank you for the report, I'm on it to solve this in the next builds ... Wink

more_horiz
Hi, the start button doesn't work again, but I am sure it's nothing to do with those 3 boot, I can't find where the BUG is this time.

more_horiz
hi,

im testing windows 10 at the moment and i got this bug also.

it is caused by something at control panel or acessories

as soon as i found it i will let you all know

more_horiz
Thanks KrX,

I think the BUG should be hiding in control panel,  but I am tired to fine it, I want to go back to use V0.2.0.0 instead of V0.3.0.0, V0.3.0.0 is so weird.

more_horiz
Hey,

Don't worry it will be fixed soon, in v0.4.5.0 or v0.5.0.0 ... Wink

more_horiz
it seems something at services is causing it too.

also some apps cause it and something at accessories.

control panel looks good no problem after removing everything there

more_horiz
so the only component at the REMOVER tab that is causing the Start menu not to work is:

Remove - Modern UI Apps --> Get Started

i will do tomorrow more tests to find the component at services that cause it

EDIT:

also "Internet Connection Sharing (ICS) Service" is causing it

more_horiz
Hey KrX,

Thank you very much for the report. I will test that and fix it today if that works ... Smile

more_horiz
Hi Krx

You are 100% correct.

more_horiz
hey,

im still at it, there are at most 1 more component at service that cause this problem.

more_horiz
there is also an entry of "Immersive Control Panel" left at the startmenu

and i cant restart or shutdown because the entries are missing. i dont know if it happend because of a component or tweak ( i remvoed nearly everything exept 20 services till now)

still testing...

more_horiz
so im through.

components that break the start menu:

Internet Connection Sharing (ICS) Service
Windows Firewall Service

for firewall it could be this files (didnt test it yet)
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

and there are some entries left at the startmenu like

"Immersive Control Panel" 
Print managment
etc

more_horiz
Hi, I've removed windows firewall, it doesn't cause any problem.

more_horiz
jeffery8341 wrote:
Hi, I've removed windows firewall, it doesn't cause any problem.

hmm for me it didnt work, maybe in combination with an other components Firewall is causing it

more_horiz
I find another component that break start menu, may you should try this one.

accessories---ELS(Extended Linguistic Services)

Finding BUG is a true horrible job.

more_horiz
jeffery8341 wrote:
I find another component that break start menu, may you should try this one.

accessories---ELS(Extended Linguistic Services)

i will try it.

Finding BUG is a true horrible Job.

yes thats true ;P and it consumes a lot of time

but at the end when everything workes its fine Wink

more_horiz
Hey guys,

I've identified the bug from "Services - ICS" ... and all my tests have been made using an "en-US" ISO !

I'm finishing updating some components, and I should be able to release a new build later today ... Smile

more_horiz
I confirm the bug with "Services - Windows Firewall", I'm fixing it ... Smile

more_horiz
winterstorm2050 wrote:
I confirm the bug with "Services - Windows Firewall", I'm fixing it ... Smile

nice to hear that Wink

more_horiz
winterstorm2050 wrote:
Hey guys,

I've identified the bug from "Services - ICS" ... and all my tests have been made using an "en-US" ISO !

I'm finishing updating some components, and I should be able to release a new build later today ... Smile

So it means different language version has its own BUGS, that's a bad news.

For example, removing Windows firewall didn't cause any problem in Chinese system, but it will break the start menu in US system, and accessories---ELS(Extended Linguistic Services) break the start menu in Chinese system, but nothing wrong in US system, THAT'S REALLY A BAD BAD NEWS.

more_horiz
For all you people with broken start menu, can you get a start menu by using classicshell or startisback? Or is it impossible to have a startmenu at all, whether the native one or 3rd party?

more_horiz
aymanalz wrote:
For all you people with broken start menu, can you get a start menu by using classicshell or startisback? Or is it impossible to have a startmenu at all, whether the native one or 3rd party?

I didn't try startisback, I've using classicshell but didn't work, only the ugly Start Menu 8 worked.

more_horiz
I have used the latest Version v0.4.0.0 and run in this error also. But on my test pc it's not only startmenue that doesn't work I cant Switch to Desktop mode anymore. Pressing the Windows key nothing happens and when I open applications they always start full Screen in a new Desktop.

more_horiz
the bug doesn't fix, if I remove accessories---ELS(Extended Linguistic Services), the start menu doesn't work.

more_horiz
Hello guys,

Is someone could try his wccf without removing "Features - Windows Search" and "Accessories - Natural Languages", and tell me the result ?

Thanks.

more_horiz
winterstorm2050 wrote:
Hello guys,

Is someone could try his wccf without removing "Features - Windows Search" and "Accessories - Natural Languages", and tell me the result ?

Thanks.

test it with version 0.4.3.0 ?

should i remove those (which give me the starmenu problem ) ?

Internet Connection Sharing (ICS) Service
Windows Firewall Service

more_horiz
Guys I have found out that this breaks the startmenu:

Action Center:
Windows\SystemApps\ShellExperienceHost_cw5n1h2txyewy\Windows.UI.ActionCenter.dll - breaks the startmenu

Maybe this will help you out.

Cheers
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum