The WinReducer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The WinReducer ForumLog in

FORUM

[SOLVED] WinReducer freezes [Merged all Topics]

+8
greenworld
KrX
ylx
basex64
ericore
xuke771
winterstorm2050
ptd163
12 posters

description[SOLVED] WinReducer freezes [Merged all Topics] - Page 2 EmptyRe: [SOLVED] WinReducer freezes [Merged all Topics]

more_horiz
Hello,

I have the same problem, but also when I don't use WinReducer ... I see that like me you use Firefox, and this cmd window appear when there is a bug with flash player, and I presume that's the plugin container !

description[SOLVED] WinReducer freezes [Merged all Topics] - Page 2 EmptyRe: [SOLVED] WinReducer freezes [Merged all Topics]

more_horiz
I noticed that happens when u editing .iso with updates. On untouched .iso all works fine.

more_horiz
I can confirm what uhliss said: My Win7x86 with integrated updates stopps at Games-Chess, an untouched Win7x86Professional only with integrated SP1 passed through.

But for me its no solution to abstrain from integratet updates, particularly because I don't need them all after I reduced my Windows. So I hope someone will find the bug ... unfortunately I have no Idea what I can do to find it out.  :-(

more_horiz
This might be not a bug, it seems the problem depends on the integrated updatepack and/or the integration method. I now was successful with WinFuture updatepack and Wintoolkit on an untouched Win7x86Ultimate.

description[SOLVED] WinReducer freezes [Merged all Topics] - Page 2 EmptyWinReducer freezing

more_horiz

THREAD WAS MERGED FROM HERE ON

Everytime it comes to printer drivers removal it freezes.
It takes three hours to complete all tasks.
RT 7 lite needs 30-40 min. to reduce image.
Anyway it does its job; finally I removed winsxs without any issue.

more_horiz
Hello and Welcome Mvp77,

Could you please tell us which version are you using, because I solved a similar bug in the latest version !

About the speed, the WinReducer 7.0 is constantly in development and in a long term process ... so I will fix this potential slow downs during removing in the next builds (I mean progressively during all this year) !

Have a good day !

more_horiz
Hi, I'm using WinReducer v3.20 on Windows 7 HomePremium sp1 64-bit.

more_horiz
Are you using a removing profile speed too high for your computer ?

more_horiz
winterstorm2050 wrote:
Are you using a removing profile speed too high for your computer ?

No, I think. I set speed to High.
I'm not using a powerful pc, but the processor is a dual core and I have 4 gb of ram.

more_horiz
i tested yesterday a new iso " win 7 ultimate x64 with updates till february" and i get also freezes.

i didnt remove everything just some  components and after trying like 30 times it hung on this components.

Sounds - Standard
Themes – Local Packs
Windows Starter

the index of the .wim file was changed so "Windows Ultimate" was shown (didnt remove it) but is it maybe somthing that could cause problems with this "hanging" ?

more_horiz
hey, i menged all Topics that are related to removing freezes together.

but it seems that they are sorted by date and not Thread 1 ...Thread 2 ..an so on

more_horiz
It is not matter of setting speed or cores... it takes less than 30 min. on my Pc to slim image with other apps (RT 7 lite, vLite, Win Toolkit, ...).
Try to solve, I need to create many images!

more_horiz
Hello,

I just want to remind you that WinReducer is in a long term support and process, so I'm trying to answer to all users needs and requests according to my available time ... Wink ... don't worry there are many optimizations to do in the future which will improve the cleaning speed ... Smile

To improve speed you need to look at your hard drive to defragment it, and disable your antivirus ... you could find in the "ReadMe.pdf" provided in each zip package a mini-guide for optimizing the cleanup process ... Wink

more_horiz
Now it works  Very Happy (updated to v3.2.1).
1 hour with an old dual core 4 gb ram to remove almost everything (both default or high speed).
Great!

more_horiz
uhliss wrote:
I noticed that happens when u editing .iso with updates. On untouched .iso all works fine.

Kasch wrote:
I can confirm what uhliss said: My Win7x86 with integrated updates stopps at Games-Chess, an untouched Win7x86Professional only with integrated SP1 passed through.

But for me its no solution to abstrain from integratet updates, particularly because I don't need them all after I reduced my Windows. So I hope someone will find the bug ... unfortunately I have no Idea what I can do to find it out.  :-(

winter, can you confirm this/reproduce it?

Works for Mvp77 now.

Maybe this persons could confirm it ? so if it works it could be marked as solved ?

- ylx
- greenworld
- me (KrX)

more_horiz
Hey KrX,

I've not experienced this bug since many builds, so maybe we should wait some days before marked this post as solved ... Wink

But, if Mvp77 could tell us what he did : just use v3.2.1.0 and/or use optimization guide ?

more_horiz
for me it hangs at GAMES .> Chess

tested with windows ultimate x64 updated till february 2015

more_horiz
Hey KrX,

Could you please describe me how you create your ISO, especially with your updates !

Thanks !

description[SOLVED] WinReducer freezes [Merged all Topics] - Page 2 EmptyWinReducer v3.2.1 finally works... for me.

more_horiz
winterstorm2050 wrote:
Hey KrX,

I've not experienced this bug since many builds, so maybe we should wait some days before marked this post as solved ... Wink

But, if Mvp77 could tell us what he did : just use v3.2.1.0 and/or use optimization guide ?

I just used WinReducer v3.2.1 on the same pc (AMD X2-250 cpu + 4 GB RAM).
It took an hour at default speed; an hour and 10 minutes at high speed, using the same presets.
It took three hours with the previous version.
I tried to post preset file in spoiler but it says message too long...
However, I don't think it is a matter of preset file or components; I remove virtually all.

more_horiz
Preset file:

I have uploaded the preset file: http://www.filedropper.com/win7ssd

This worked for me.

Note.
If you want to use it open win7ssd.wccf with text editor and change SerialNumber at line 855 (now it is XXXXX-XXXXX...).

more_horiz
KrX wrote:
uhliss wrote:

Kasch wrote:

winter, can you confirm this/reproduce it?

Works for Mvp77 now.

Maybe this persons could confirm it ? so if it works it could be marked as solved ?

- ylx
- greenworld
- me (KrX)

I confirm it works.
I never integrated updates and I work on 64-bit Win7.
I integrated .Net framework and Directx addons using Win Toolkit after reducing the image and I didn't have problems.
I had a problem injecting drivers (vga, lan), always after reducing the image, with DISM because after installing the size
of C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository folder grows abnormally, but this is another matter...
Look at my preset file: http://www.filedropper.com/win7ssd.

more_horiz
winterstorm2050 wrote:
Hey KrX,

Could you please describe me how you create your ISO, especially with your updates !

Thanks !

i normally use a windows 7 x64 professional N version.
i install it on a virtaul machine and each if windows updates are available. than i search the kbXXXXX update via google and download it.
itegrate it with wintoolkit.
install again in virtual machine, and look again if updates are available.
an so on.

this works for me, and winreducer never freezes for me this way.

by the way:

i experienced 2 different freezes.
1. winreducer stops at a component ( i.e at a "sound" component, i dont now which exactly) and after maybe 10 minutes it goes on. (Happens also with my Pro N version)
2. on i.e Games > Chess (like i tried yesterday) it stops for 40minues ++++ (and i cloese winreducer, some time ago it stoped and i got to bed, and it was still at this component after waking up) <-- happens only with the ultimate version for me

-----------
windows 7 x64 ultimate (updates till february):

i dont know how the updates are exactly integrated (i got it as iso from my workplace together with my notebook)
i would suggest they integrated it via DISM
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum