The WinReducer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The WinReducer ForumLog in

FORUM

[SOLVED] WinReducer freezes [Merged all Topics]

+8
greenworld
KrX
ylx
basex64
ericore
xuke771
winterstorm2050
ptd163
12 posters

description[SOLVED] WinReducer freezes [Merged all Topics] Empty[SOLVED] WinReducer freezes [Merged all Topics]

more_horiz
The "compress WinSxS folder" optimization does nothing. It's just sits there. It's not frozen because the light still shines across the bar, but it's not doing anything. It says it's only supposed to 10 minutes, but I've been waiting for it for over 5 HOURS so far.

Edit: 9 hours now. I've aborted the task. It may have actually finished compressing given enough time, but no amount of space saving it worth waiting days for.

description[SOLVED] WinReducer freezes [Merged all Topics] EmptyRe: [SOLVED] WinReducer freezes [Merged all Topics]

more_horiz
TOPIC MOVED TO WINREDUCER 7.0 BUGS FORUM !

I will have a look. Thanks for the report !

description[SOLVED] WinReducer freezes [Merged all Topics] EmptyRe: [SOLVED] WinReducer freezes [Merged all Topics]

more_horiz
COULD YOU PLEASE EDIT YOUR TITLE ACCORDING TO THIS : How To Report a Bug

description[SOLVED] WinReducer freezes [Merged all Topics] Emptyv2.99.6.0 - New remove engine don't work for me

more_horiz

THREAD WAS MERGED FROM HERE ON

The remove engine works fine before removing printer drivers with high speed,then it will be a long time stop there, as if suspended.

I can only use default removing speed..

my computer is i3 processor and 8GB of memory,does my memory problems? Crying or Very sad 

more_horiz
Hello,

- Where did you extract your WinReducer folder ?

- Did you use the new installation procedure to get all external files ?

Regards.

winterstorm2050

more_horiz
winterstorm2050 wrote:
Hello,

- Where did you extract your WinReducer folder ?

- Did you use the new installation procedure to get all external files ?

Regards.

winterstorm2050

Hi..winter,this is WinReducer.xml..I customized my win7 X64 ISO need nearly ten hours with default speed,this is really suffering Mad 

Code:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<!--Configuration File generated with a WinReducer Software created by Winterstorm2050 from www.winreducer.net-->
<Config>
  <Date>2014/6/28 19:11:43</Date>
  <Language>English</Language>
  <Theme>Default</Theme>
  <Update>true</Update>
  <Version>v2.99.6.0 (Beta 1)</Version>
  <Folders>
    <Configuration>D:\WinReducer70\HOME</Configuration>
    <Languages>D:\WinReducer70\HOME\LANGUAGES</Languages>
    <Presets>D:\WinReducer70\HOME\PRESETS</Presets>
    <Software>D:\WinReducer70\HOME\SOFTWARE</Software>
    <Themes>D:\WinReducer70\HOME\THEMES</Themes>
    <Work>D:\WinReducer70\WORK</Work>
    <Extraction>D:\WinReducer70\WORK\EXTRACT</Extraction>
    <Integrate>D:\WinReducer70\WORK\INTEGRATE</Integrate>
    <ISO>D:\WinReducer70\WORK\ISO</ISO>
    <Mount>D:\WinReducer70\WORK\MOUNT</Mount>
  </Folders>
  <Softs>
    <_7zip>D:\WinReducer70\HOME\SOFTWARE\7z.exe</_7zip>
    <ImageX>D:\WinReducer70\HOME\SOFTWARE\ImageX.exe</ImageX>
    <oscdimg>D:\WinReducer70\HOME\SOFTWARE\oscdimg.exe</oscdimg>
    <SetACL>D:\WinReducer70\HOME\SOFTWARE\SetACL.exe</SetACL>
    <ResHacker>D:\WinReducer70\HOME\SOFTWARE\ResHacker.exe</ResHacker>
  </Softs>
  <Windows>
    <Open Number="4" Edition="Windows 7 旗舰版" Language="zh-CN" Extract="D:\WinReducer70\WORK\EXTRACT\ExtractedByWinReducer" />
  </Windows>
</Config>

by the way,the new 1st installation procedure didn't work for me..I click every software button,nothing changed..I had to extract all external files by myself Crying or Very sad 

I will extract my WinReducer folder to other local disk partition to try again.

Regards..I had to sleepT_T

more_horiz
Hello,

Maybe this related to this problem : https://forum.winreducer.net/t689-solved-v29960-beta1#6041

Could you please confirm if it works with new v3.00 RC1 (or later) ?

Best Regards.

winterstorm2050

more_horiz
Hello,

Any news ? Thanks ...  Wink 

more_horiz
Probably a newb with a 2 core who switched to highest priority (requiring quad core).  Just as RT 7 lite was sensitive to priority changes, so is winReducer.  Still, don't mistake them for the same league Smile

description[SOLVED] WinReducer freezes [Merged all Topics] Emptywinreducer 3.08 various bugs

more_horiz

I tried to remove some things from my install.wim file and the process to remove them freeze if I select: anytime upgrade, sticky notes, snipping tool, driver hp printer , themes-local packs. It freezes also when  when appears features cleanup - telnet client and server. When I try the function winsxs folder cleanup at a certain point appears "are you sure ou want to exit?" (but I don't press anything to exit),and the process seems to be frozen
n.b: most of bugs appear with a file wim created "photocopying" a partitition. With a original iso seems to be all ok.

description[SOLVED] WinReducer freezes [Merged all Topics] Emptyv3.09 stop at “Game - chess”

more_horiz

WIM: Windows 7 Ultimate 64
SOFT:V3.09

[SOLVED] WinReducer freezes [Merged all Topics] Qqua2010

description[SOLVED] WinReducer freezes [Merged all Topics] Emptyv3.09 Clean stop at “Game - chess”

more_horiz
WIM: Windows 7 Ultimate 64
SOFT:V3.09
[SOLVED] WinReducer freezes [Merged all Topics] Qqua2011

more_horiz
Hello,

I've tried in my WinReduced system, and it worked great.

So could you please try to :

1) a) restart your computer, then launch WinReducer 7.0, exit WinReducer 7.0 (without doing nothing), then restart your computer : to properly clean previous errors
b) change your WinReducer Language to English v1.32 and use this file as language
c) mount your ISO, create your customized ISO
d) let me know how it will work

2) If it won't work : please send me your wccf file and your language file. Some people have troubles with non official language files. (don't forget to remove your windows serial number in your wccf). thanks

Have a good day !

more_horiz
i merged both topics together, because it should be the same problem

more_horiz
winterstorm2050 wrote:
Hello,

1) a) restart your computer, then launch WinReducer 7.0, exit WinReducer 7.0 (without doing nothing), then restart your computer : to properly clean previous errors
b) change your WinReducer Language to English v1.32 and use this file as language

2) If it won't work : please send me your wccf file and your language file. Some people have troubles with non official language files. (don't forget to remove your windows serial number in your wccf). thanks

Have a good day !

I will try it today,thanks.

more_horiz
KrX wrote:
i merged both topics together, because it should be the same problem

thanks

more_horiz
Hello,

And just another idea, move the "Removing Speed" profile to the "HIGH" button. Because this is really dependent to your computer specification.

more_horiz
winterstorm2050 wrote:
Hello,

Have a good day !

It do not work.
I re edited! Before it is wrong,i did not see the back。

more_horiz
http://ll.ylx.me/7.zip   (The file will not keep too long)
[SOLVED] WinReducer freezes [Merged all Topics] Qqua2013

more_horiz
Hello,

I've looked at your wccf, thank you by the way, and see that you put your WinReducer 7.0 installation folder in another one, and it seems that some characters are not recognized correctly by the wccf. This could be the cause of the trouble ...

So, please instead of using "E:\...\WinReducer70\...", try to use "E:\WinReducer70\...". And let me know ...
 Smile

Have a good day !

more_horiz
winterstorm2050 wrote:
Hello,

I've looked at your wccf, thank you by the way, and see that you put your WinReducer 7.0 installation folder in another one, and it seems that some characters are not recognized correctly by the wccf. This could be the cause of the trouble ...

So, please instead of using "E:\...\WinReducer70\...", try to use "E:\WinReducer70\...". And let me know ...
 Smile

Have a good day !

Installation folder does not affect the use of software。WinReducer 8.1 is normal under this path。
I try it and It does not work too.

WIN7 installed the full VC, dx, NET4,the latest patch。

more_horiz
Hey,

I've tried your wccf, and it worked without troubles on my computer, so I really think that's from your side that there is a trouble.

Are you able to use a virtual machine (vmware player or virtualbox) ? to install a clean system without your software and system optimizations.

more_horiz
winterstorm2050 wrote:
Hey,

I've tried your wccf, and it worked without troubles on my computer, so I really think that's from your side that there is a trouble.

Are you able to use a virtual machine (vmware player or virtualbox) ? to install a clean system without your software and system optimizations.

OK,please close this topic。
Thanks very much.

description[SOLVED] WinReducer freezes [Merged all Topics] EmptyWR 7 stopped

more_horiz
i am using the latest version WinReducer 7.0 - v3.11 .
everything well, but it stopped at "OPTIMIZATIONS--> EXPERT - WinSXS Folder Cleanup (install.wim)".

i give it more than 1 hour, but it still working on this screen.
i am using ISO which is not optimized before.

more_horiz
?????

more_horiz
didint it finish till jet?

for me this option takes the most of time, but the whole process needs ~40 minutes

more_horiz
With 3.09, everything works perfectly for my Windows 7.

But with 3.11, it always stop at Remove Printer Hewlett Packard.
First time, after waiting for 1 hour and still not moving, I launched my browser trying to find a solution online.
After a while, it starts moving again without me doing anything to it.
Maybe some extra cpu usage and pc activity make it move again.

Second time, I decided to redo again and make it run overnight.
Morning when I woke up, it stopped at Remove Printer Hewlett Packard again.
Meaning it has stopped there for about 5 hours, doing nothing.
I play with the speed profile, from high to highest and it starts moving again.
I switch back to high speed, and it completes till the end.

Don't know why it always stop at the same place.

more_horiz
Hello,

I've updated WinReducer 7.0 - v3.12 today, so could you please try this new version and tell me if that solves your trouble ... thank you very much for your report !

more_horiz
winterstorm2050 wrote:
Hello,

I've updated WinReducer 7.0 - v3.12 today, so could you please try this new version and tell me if that solves your trouble ... thank you very much for your report !

It does not work!

Change the speed is the same

I give up! May be a software or optimization problems!

more_horiz
[SOLVED] WinReducer freezes [Merged all Topics] Aoe10

Only one cmd!
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum