The WinReducer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The WinReducer ForumLog in

FORUM

description[SOLVED] WinReducer 8.1 v1.29 - Unable To Utilize ISO as source - Program Thinks its a folder Empty[SOLVED] WinReducer 8.1 v1.29 - Unable To Utilize ISO as source - Program Thinks its a folder

more_horiz
Hello,

Thank you for your development efforts!  This is a very cool program. I also write software so I understand and appreciate all the time it takes to build something like this.

Looks like there may be a bug which is messing up ISO selection.

- On a completely fresh install of win 8.1 enterprise (In Vmware)
- Just your program installed (v1.29, WinReducer8.1)
- Successful config
- Start > ISO > Navigate to my downloads dir which contains a retail win8.1 iso.

Get the error: "This folder is incorrect !" 

I tried moving the ISO to the /WORK/ISO dir, then selecting. Same error.

Cheers

description[SOLVED] WinReducer 8.1 v1.29 - Unable To Utilize ISO as source - Program Thinks its a folder EmptyRe: [SOLVED] WinReducer 8.1 v1.29 - Unable To Utilize ISO as source - Program Thinks its a folder

more_horiz
hi,

i know i saw something similar but i cant find the thread.

for the Moment till winter fix this you could extract the iso yourself to a Folder (i.e. with 7zip) and select at winreducer FOLDER instead of ISO

@winter

maybe somthing did mess up with this fix?

FIX : "OPEN - FOLDER" : Change to "WORK -> EXTRACT" folder in case "ExtractedByWinReducer" folder doesn't exist

description[SOLVED] WinReducer 8.1 v1.29 - Unable To Utilize ISO as source - Program Thinks its a folder EmptyRe: [SOLVED] WinReducer 8.1 v1.29 - Unable To Utilize ISO as source - Program Thinks its a folder

more_horiz
Hello,

Yes, I confirm the bug, I've reproduced it, and it will be fixed in few minutes, sorry for the inconvenient !

EDIT : yes KrX, exactly, I didn't experienced that bug during my tests.

more_horiz
Yeah, that's, what I did, manually extracted it to a dir and used FOLDER instead and it worked.  Just figured I should report it.

Not sure what's wrong because I don't have the source, but I am sure you will figure it out if you look through whatever function governs selecting the file.  Based on the error, it seems to be piping the file selection into a folder select function, and then its not happy.

Good luck getting it sorted.

Cheers.

more_horiz
SOLVED IN v1.30 !

@extremereducer : Thank you very much for the report !
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum