The WinReducer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The WinReducer ForumLog in

FORUM

description[SOLVED] Updates downloader does not move existing updates Empty[SOLVED] Updates downloader does not move existing updates

more_horiz
So the latest list downloaded KB3000850 and KB3014442, and put them into Updates_3 but I already had these in Updates. The downloader should automatically remove them from this directory. It would be nice if it could move them rather than download them again, but it should at least remove updates that are not on the list?

It makes me think I should delete all of my updates and download again, because I don't know which updates are relevant or not (and possibly causing issues). Perhaps there should be an option to "Remove everything not on the Update list"?

description[SOLVED] Updates downloader does not move existing updates EmptyRe: [SOLVED] Updates downloader does not move existing updates

more_horiz
I have deleted all my updates and downloading again, because the list contains 53 updates, but my updates folder contains 94 updates. KB3000850 deprecates many other updates doesn't it? So the Remove 'Deprecated and Troubles Updates' function doesn't work properly.

description[SOLVED] Updates downloader does not move existing updates EmptyRe: [SOLVED] Updates downloader does not move existing updates

more_horiz
Hey,

Thank you for the report I will have a look at this !

more_horiz
SOLVED IN v1.35 !

Hello scottallthefriends,

Unfortunately since I updated the "WinReducer Updates Downloader" tool in v1.27, there were some bugs, and I managed to fix them in the next v1.35 build (release Sunday 28 December 2014, aka tomorrow !)

As you requested, I also add detection for "Updates 3" updates to move them to the correct folder (excellent idea, thank you).

About the problem with deprecated updates, there was a bug in the WinReducer tool which prevent them to be automatically removed, don't worry this will also be fixed in v1.35 !

more_horiz
I hope Update_1 and Update_3 can be apply in the same execution because they are compatible at least with the SP1 iso I am using (standard one I think at least from my point os view)
Cheers

more_horiz
Thanks Winter!

New:
In 1.35, "Windows8.1-KB2934520-x64.msu" was not removed from "Updates" when I downloaded the latest list. I don't know if this is a deprecated or trouble update, but if it isn't in the list, should it remain in the "Updates" folder?

more_horiz
For me what only works is to have The Update_3 move to Updates as Update_3 is only apply when you use an image with Update_1 already integrated

more_horiz
Jpm wrote:
For me what only works is to have The Update_3 move to Updates as Update_3 is only apply when you use an image with Update_1 already integrated

Are you saying for an image without Update 1, you need to run WinReducer twice: first to upgrade it to Update 1, and then a second time to use updates in the Update_3 folder?

more_horiz
Yes I do, If I want to have Update_3 integrate.
In fact I move the Update_3 under Updates and that OK for me.
I don't understand why Winter is not allowing to apply them.
Perhaps aplly Update_3 then Update_3 then Updates is not working in the same integration

more_horiz
Hey guys,

scottallthefriends wrote:
Thanks Winter!
New:
In 1.35, "Windows8.1-KB2934520-x64.msu" was not removed from "Updates" when I downloaded the latest list. I don't know if this is a deprecated or trouble update, but if it isn't in the list, should it remain in the "Updates" folder?

Yes that's true, and it will be fixed it in v1.36 !

Jpm wrote:
Yes I do, If I want to have Update_3 integrate.
In fact I move the Update_3 under Updates and that OK for me.
I don't understand why Winter is not allowing to apply them.
Perhaps aplly Update_3 then Update_3 then Updates is not working in the same integration

You were right, this did not work as it should, so it will be fixed in v1.36 !

--> Guys, thank you very much for your reports and v1.36 will be released during this week ... Very Happy
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum