The WinReducer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The WinReducer ForumLog in

FORUM

description[ANSWERED] Re-add the Components and Drivers Empty[ANSWERED] Re-add the Components and Drivers

more_horiz
Hi

I  am currently using a Windows 8.1 modification: Windows 8.1 Update 1 Pro N x64 Lite. I downloaded from a Vietnam [CENSORED].

Unfortunately, the Windows 8.1 Update 1 Pro N x64 Lite is NOT fully working correctly for me, especially my Sierra AirCard 320U USB Modem cannot dial a connection to the ISP. The error "Windows could not detect a dial-up modem" is displayed.

Windows 8.1 doesn't even recognize the correct drivers as being compatible with the hardware!. It stands, because all of components and drivers of Phone and Modems are removed, also from Control Panel.

My questions:

1. [TO .ISO] How do I re-add the components and Drivers of Phone and Modems in the available Drivers category list ?

- Remove - "Control Panels - Phone and Modem"
- Remove - "Control Panels - Phone and Modem (Files)"
- Remove - "Drivers - "Phone and Modem"
- Modem "Support (including USB modem)"
- "Drivers - Support - Modem"
- and all the files related to the modem.

2. How do I re-add them on a pre-installed Windows 8.1 Pro N x6 system ?

Thanks for taking the time to read this. Any help or suggestions with would be greatly appreciated!!

Cheers,
M

REASON FOR EDITING : PLEASE READ THE FORUM RULES BEFORE POSTING LINKS : WINREDUCER FORUM RULES

description[ANSWERED] Re-add the Components and Drivers EmptyRe: [ANSWERED] Re-add the Components and Drivers

more_horiz
Hello,

1) It will be really hard to reinstall windows components after they were deleted and especially modems ones

2) You can't !

If you need an ISO which fits best for your system, you could try to create your own ISO with WinReducer, and we will be there for you ... thank you for your understanding !

Have a good day !

description[ANSWERED] Re-add the Components and Drivers EmptyRe: [ANSWERED] Re-add the Components and Drivers

more_horiz
@winterstorm2050

Thanks a lot for your smart WinReducer and advice. So, I will try to create my own Windows 8.1 ISO.

Anyway, regarding my problem, can you add useful features to the WinReducer ?

Cheers,
M

more_horiz
First, You need to ensure that your usb modem card is compatible with windows 8.1 ... I'm sure it is but it could help some other people Wink

Second, you need to do not remove all the necessary components for your hardware otherwise it will not work, like you experienced. So this ISO is not usable for your computer because you need a specific usb modem configuration support which is removed from this ISO.

more_horiz
@winterstorm2050

I'll  implement your suggestions in my own Windows 8.1 ISO through your smart WinReducer.

Cheers,
M

more_horiz
Ok, you are welcome and keep me inform ... Very Happy

more_horiz
Hi winterstorm2050

I still have some troubles, please help.

1. How to properly skip and remove some setup process page and go directly to the partitions page:

http://i2.minus.com/isL0ybBnkML5Y.jpg

2. How to automatically set all options to OFF ? Instead of setting them off, one by one, from the "Customize" page.

http://i5.minus.com/iM1ZXQUbSynN9.png

Thanks for taking the time to read this. Any help or suggestions with would be greatly appreciated!!

Cheers,
M

more_horiz
M

Take a look at my autounattend.xml   * LINK *

This is for Windows 8.1  x64

To make it work for x86 change:

Code:

processorArchitecture="x64"  ==>    processorArchitecture="x86"

Also, this automatically creates the Administrator password and creates a single Setup user.

more_horiz
brittech wrote:
M

Take a look at my autounattend.xml   * LINK *

This is for Windows 8.1  x64

To make it work for x86 change:

Code:

processorArchitecture="x64"   ==>    processorArchitecture="x86"

Also, this automatically creates the Administrator password and creates a single Setup user.

Hi b

The first problem is done perpectly on my Windows 8.1 pro x64 system. But the 2nd problem is not done yet. So how do i ?

Cheers,
M

more_horiz
The autounattend.xml I shared with you bypasses this screen entirely, so I think what you may want to do is set the Express Settings post-install, is that correct?
If so, could you list exactly which settings you want to customize.  List each option you want to set along with the value you want it to be.
For example:

Turn on Windows Smart Screen:  OFF
Turn on IE Smart Screen:  OFF
Send Do Not Track (IE):  ON

and so on.

more_horiz
Hi All

BYPASS SOME SETUP PROCESS PAGES ARE DONE!

Now, back to my first problem about to re-add componens and drivers of phone and modem.

I think it can be resolved by add them manually to customization install.wim file. So the basic steps:

1. Extract the customization install.wim file using ImageX.
2. Via 7-Zip, copy all componens and drivers of phone and modem from the original install.wim (original iso).
3. Paste them into the folder of extracted customization install.wim file.
4. Copy and replace the old install.wim with a new one.

Unfortunately, I do not know what, where, and which files and folders should be copied from original install.wim Smile

Maybe you friends can give me some guidance ?

Cheers,
M

more_horiz
Hello,

This may work, but it will be really difficult, because this is not as simple as you described ... and I really think, that you will save your time to cerate your own ISO with WinReducer by yourself, instead of trying to modify an ISO which is not adapted to your computer ... Wink

To be honest with you, you will loose your time doing what you want to do,and you will have an uncertain result !

But this is your choice, and I will respect it ... Very Happy

Have a good day !
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum