The WinReducer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The WinReducer ForumLog in

FORUM

description[SOLVED] WinReducer v3 does not delete anything Empty[SOLVED] WinReducer v3 does not delete anything

more_horiz
hey winter,

im using version3 of winreducer 10 (v0.76) on a not reduced win10 9860

and i want to use an untouched 9879.

winreducer "removed" all components, but when i look i.e. at the winsxs folder, all folders are still there even using the expert option

when winreducer unmountes the wim there are still all files and folders left at MOUNT (10.1 GB)
and at SOURCE i get TEMP_install.wim, and its only ~3mb smaller

wintoolkit says that the mounted files at MOUNT are corrupt, and unmounting fails, i need to restart my notebook and after that i can unmount it

i tries it now 3 times

starting winreducer -> UAC -> yes
copying the winreducer folder from desktop(where i normally use winreducer 7/10 etc and everything works) to C:\WinReducer100 -> giving all users FULL Control of the WinReducer100 folder -> starting winreducer 
with full control -> and UAC disabled -> right click -> start as admin

next i will try doing it with a clean new "installation" of winreducer100

PS: all files at ROOT and SOURCE are removed like they should, also the winsxs compression worked, and i didnt test the iso jet so i cant say if other removed components where really removed

[SOLVED] WinReducer v3 does not delete anything L83o9jyt

after winreducer is finished and closed:

[SOLVED] WinReducer v3 does not delete anything Agufm4mh

[SOLVED] WinReducer v3 does not delete anything Kyeobvih

description[SOLVED] WinReducer v3 does not delete anything EmptyRe: [SOLVED] WinReducer v3 does not delete anything

more_horiz
Hey KrX,

Try to disable "Defender", (or try to do not use compression) maybe this could help, but during all my tests I didn't encountered this error ... I will test in the same environment as you to see what happen !

description[SOLVED] WinReducer v3 does not delete anything EmptyRe: [SOLVED] WinReducer v3 does not delete anything

more_horiz
im testing at the moment if it happens with a fresh installation of winreducer at C:\

if it happens again i will try disabling defender.

but with v0.25 (the first release of winreducer10) i didnt disable anything and it worked

more_horiz
AAhhrrgh ... Windows 10 Technical Preview ! Wink

more_horiz
so new environment didnt work

now trying with disabled defender and no winsxs compression

more_horiz
no didnt work also.

more_horiz
I've tried and the first time it didn't work, but the second time it works great ... Neutral

more_horiz
winterstorm2050 wrote:
I've tried and the first time it didn't work, but the second time it works great ... Neutral

hmm any idea why it didnt work?

what did you Change the second time?

more_horiz
Hey,

Nothing, I not even restarted ... I'm using as usual a VMware Player virtual machine using an untouched installed system in it !

I think that we need to care about the fact that W10 is a Technical Preview (so subject to instabilities or important changes), and as it seems that MS will not release a new build until the beginning of 2015 !

Just a thought, but maybe you use the removing profile "Highest", and you have not enough RAM memory or hdd space ? Because "Highest" profile is really exigent for computers! (my virtual machine has only 2Gb of ram)

more_horiz
no i used the Profile "High" as usual, my ssd got 35 Gb free space at the Moment, and my ram is 8 Gb

hopefully i will get my stolen items back in 2-4 weeks YEY, than i can test again with my Notebook, 8 core i7 with sd and 32gb ram Razz

they caught the thief !!

more_horiz
Ohh, true ?

That's a good news KrX, I'm sincerely really happy for you ... this guy deserves one thing : go directly to jail ! There are no valid justifications to steal something to someone else !

more_horiz
I'm on build 9888

and I can not open 9888

[SOLVED] WinReducer v3 does not delete anything 9888

more_horiz
Hey,

I will have a look today ... Wink

more_horiz
still getting this like mentioned above

tried with beta 5

more_horiz
works for me

more_horiz
so maybe its time to reinstall win10 on my live system

which is the newest release? 9888?

more_horiz
Hey guys,

I've identified the potential responsible of the bug : "Accessories - Windows OneCore" ... In v0.79, I will remove this component to avoid troubles until I will fix it !

KrX, you could try to create an ISO without this component, and I think that will solve your trouble ... Wink

more_horiz
ok im at it

more_horiz
Wonderful !

Without this component, I was able to install Windows 10 each time ... Wink

more_horiz
hey winter

Beta5:

-> HOME -> ISO and after the next window appeared it looked like this Razz

[SOLVED] WinReducer v3 does not delete anything Uiqmz47c

EDIT: i could not click it, and mounting was OK

more_horiz
Yes, that's original ...

lol!

more_horiz
no it didnt work.

i will download a new iso with the latest update and also reinstall win10, when i find a download link

more_horiz
ok i installed 9888 and tried again with the 9888 iso and it worked.
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum