The WinReducer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The WinReducer ForumLog in

FORUM

description[SOLVED] error: This folder is incorrect!  Empty[SOLVED] error: This folder is incorrect!

more_horiz
i am using WinReducer v3 RC10, it give error while extracting ISO.
error words are: This folder is incorrect!
[SOLVED] error: This folder is incorrect!  Error10

please guide me, i am using anything or setting wrong?

description[SOLVED] error: This folder is incorrect!  EmptyRe: [SOLVED] error: This folder is incorrect!

more_horiz
You have probably changed the name of the WinReducer70 folders you extracted to. You can't alter the two folders in any way like adding something or modifying the name or you'll get the error message.

description[SOLVED] error: This folder is incorrect!  EmptyRe: [SOLVED] error: This folder is incorrect!

more_horiz
Hello,

Yes it could be what you describe ... and maybe how did you install RC10 ? could you please check if in the folder "HOME -> SOFTWARE" you see "7z.exe" and "7z.dll" !

Are you using x86 build of all third party software ? If not use the integrated installation, which is described in the website (in "Tutorials") ... Wink

more_horiz
yes i am using x86 build of all third party softwares, now the problem solved, i changed the ISO, other ISO was not boot-able.
 but thanks for your replies.

more_horiz
THREAD MOVED TO "WINREDUCER 7.0 - HELP" FORUM !

Hello,

Thank you for your report !

more_horiz
i want to remove Display, Printers, Scanners & Audio drivers, 
where is option for Audion drivers?

more_horiz
Audio drivers are not relevant (by default), because they are too small (few kb on your hardrive), so they are not available for removing, at least yet !

more_horiz
Issue: Windows Search Problem

i am not able to find any file with windows search, i am using Windows 7 customized with WinReducer v3 RC11,
which thing is gone wrong with me? what i deleted a necessary component which is used for searching?

more_horiz
Hello greenworld,

It seems that you forgot to select : "Presets - Protect Windows Search" (2nd tab named "Presets") ...

It will protect this Search functionality by keeping all necessary components ! It will protect them, even if you select them to remove (because they are necessary) ! Wink

more_horiz
thanks for quick help.

more_horiz
last day i am reducing Win7, due to some necessary work i am not able to complete the task, i checked every folder to save my "preset",
 i found two files: 
1) Temp.xml
2) AutoUnattend.xml

here are link:
http://pastebin.com/m3uqAi5b
http://pastebin.com/j260b83k

i want to know how i can use these settings next time with these files??
and if some thing wrong or bad in these please tell me.
Thanks in advance.
(i want to make win 7 x86 only 700MB ISO)

more_horiz
That error occurs if the username folder has a space, for example, hello world username would trigger this error, and in general would lead many programs astray.  No spaces in username.

more_horiz
@ericore- what are you saying?

more_horiz
i think he means that this error occurs when the username has got a space.

so if you copy the winreducer folder to the desktop (like i do) and the path looks like this:

C:\Users\KrX KrX\Desktop\winreducer
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum