The WinReducer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The WinReducer ForumLog in

FORUM

description[PENDING] WU keeps installing the same updates over and over Empty[PENDING] WU keeps installing the same updates over and over

more_horiz
I have no idea what's going on here, I don't think my wccf file is anything extreme, unfortunately it's too long to be added here.

("Lyckades" means "Successful" in swedish. There are no failed updates)

[PENDING] WU keeps installing the same updates over and over Skyrmb10
As you can see, I have three of each update in the update history right now, every time I run WU it adds one more update of each already installed.

Any help would be welcome.

description[PENDING] WU keeps installing the same updates over and over EmptyRe: [PENDING] WU keeps installing the same updates over and over

more_horiz
Hello and welcome SL2,

You could use this tutorial which helps you to freely upload your wccf :
https://forum.winreducer.net/t886-upload-screenshot-wccf-file-or-other-files

DO NOT FORGET TO REMOVE YOUR SERIAL NUMBER FROM THE WCCF !

description[PENDING] WU keeps installing the same updates over and over EmptyRe: [PENDING] WU keeps installing the same updates over and over

more_horiz
Thank you. Here's the file:

http://www61.zippyshare.com/v/64121055/file.html

more_horiz
Hello,

Excellent ... I'm creating a testing ISO using your file, and I let you know the result today ... Wink

more_horiz
I almost forgot, I used a different program for integrating updates first. In other words, I didn't use an untouched ISO.

I'm going to test it now so you don't have to if you haven't started.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

more_horiz
There is no problem, because I haven't started ...

Have you tried the WinReducer 8.1 integrated download updates tools which was updated few hours ago ?

more_horiz
No, I haven't, but I'll try it later, definitely! Smile

more_horiz
Hey,

I've tried with your wccf and I was not able to reproduce the bug ...

more_horiz
I have reproduced the bug twice now, once with the swedish ISO, and once with the english. Both were unmodified and with SHA1 values matching those found at MSDN.

- I used Winreducer 1.23 and the file I posted in this thread.

- Installed Windows in Virtualbox.

- Turned off automatic updates. (This I didn't tell you before.)

- Search and install updates, reboot.

- Every time I search and install updates again it will install most of all updates already there since the first time. A few won't install again, and KB2971850 will fail the second time.

[PENDING] WU keeps installing the same updates over and over Skyrmb11

more_horiz
Hello,

I'm going to try a new english ISO (with update 1) using all your new instructions and I will let you know in few hours ...  Smile  

I'm using VMware Player 6.0.4 ... Wink

more_horiz
I've reproduced it four times in total. I first found it on my main computers Windows installation when I wanted to update manually. Then I tried it once more in Virtualbox, then I started this thread and did the two installations in the last post.

So, it's safe to assume that it doesn't only occur in Virtualbox. Smile

more_horiz
Yes, you are right, I was able to reproduce this bug, so I moved it to the "BUGS" forum ... Wink

I will solve this as soon as I can, thank you for the report !

more_horiz
I'm glad I could help. Thanks for your help! Smile

more_horiz
The trigger for the bug is clicking "Check for updates", even when updating is set to automatic. I made a new installation and tried.

more_horiz
Yes, and what is strange if even if you manually disable WU you could also installed them, I didn't remember if it was possible in previous windows ?

more_horiz
winterstorm2050 wrote:
Yes, and what is strange if even if you manually disable WU you could also installed them, I didn't remember if it was possible in previous windows ?

Do you mean in Control panel? In W7 you can also disable updates and still search and install manually.

Or do you mean disabling in Services? I'm not sure which you mean.

more_horiz
SL2 wrote:
Do you mean in Control panel? In W7 you can also disable updates and still search and install manually.

Sorry, yes I mean this !

more_horiz
i prefer to asked here & there! instead of opening new thread for every question.

question is:
from where we can download updates for Windows 7, 8 & 8.x?
and how to put them in our ISO??

if it was already described somewhere, tell me.
if it is not available, it should be made by Admin/seniors.
Thanks.

more_horiz
Hey,

No problem, you could download Windows Updates directly from WinReducer 8.1 ... (this is not available for WinReducer 7.0 and 8.0, WinReducer 10.0 will have this when Windows 10 FINAL RTM will be released)

So, in WinReducer 8.1, you need to go to "START -> TOOLS -> UPDATES", then choose x86 (or x64), then click "Search" button. You will see all updates available with the November WinReducer catalog (latest), so choose which ones you need and click "Download".
https://forum.winreducer.net/t232-winreducer-81-catalog-updates

For the record, they are automatically placed in the good folder to be easily used in WinReducer.

PS : I've planned to create a website tutorial soon !

more_horiz
sorry, i required only for Win 7 & 8. but thanks for help.
a user talked about it on the other forum, where i am disusing Windows Installation Customization.

more_horiz
Very Happy
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum