The WinReducer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The WinReducer ForumLog in

FORUM

description[ANSWERED] Windows 7 Customizations Empty[ANSWERED] Windows 7 Customizations

more_horiz
I'm trying to make a Windows 7 installation with almost all the updates integrated.

Some options I don't understand for now, I have an ISO that has multiple editions (Home Basic/Premium, Pro & Ultimate)

I've setup the necessary software for winreducer. So when I point to my ISO, it asks me which version to mount? Does this have any effect on the updates integration?

I've downloaded updates using WHDownloader_0.1.0, 592 updates in all. Under system, I've pointed the updates folder to the downloaded WHDownloader_0.1.0. Are there mandatory updates that need to be integrated first? Because now after I've installed, Windows Update still shows 168 available updates  affraid

After integrating the updates, I saved to WIM. Just to be sure I'm doing it right, I'm using a bootable usb drive to install. The modified install files are in > \WinReducer70\WORK\EXTRACT\ExtractedByWinReducer right?

Another question is, when I saved to WIM I split it up to 2000mb. Let's say if i want to add more updates, do I need to delete everything and restart all over?

description[ANSWERED] Windows 7 Customizations EmptyRe: [ANSWERED] Windows 7 Customizations

more_horiz
keep in mind that WinReducer works on single edition.
may the Admin & seniors help you for working with updates,
but i have a solution, if you asked, i can send you via pm.

description[ANSWERED] Windows 7 Customizations EmptyRe: [ANSWERED] Windows 7 Customizations

more_horiz
i dont really know abaout the updates, so my answer may be wrong. but i think that winreducer adds the updates only to 1 Edition which you select. CORRECT ME IF IM WRONG

Splitting wim, and trying again with winreducer -> never did that, but i think you dont Need to make a new iso.

yes you guessed right that your Windows files are at \WinReducer70\WORK\EXTRACT\ExtractedByWinReducer, but if you i.e. extracted your files somewhere else and selected it at HOME -> FOLDER it can be at another path.

more_horiz
Hello and welcome spiderman_pink,

1) You need to choose the Windows Edition according to your serial number, otherwise you will not be able to activate Windows with your serial.

2) Yes, there is an effect on the updates integration, depending on which Windows Edition you choose ... All updates will be only integrated only in the windows edition, you mounted with WinReducer.
For all updates which are not integrated : this could be the case if your system doesn't need some of them, or they are not available to be integrated before installation, ...

3) "The modified install files are in > \WinReducer70\WORK\EXTRACT\ExtractedByWinReducer right?" --> Yes, that's correct

4) "Let's say if i want to add more updates, do I need to delete everything and restart all over?" --> No you do not need to integrate all updates each time, WinReducer supports mounting split WIM files, so you will integrate only new updates.
But, I recommend to restart from scratch, because this will ensure you to have only the latest updates, and not all updates with deprecated ones.

And are you sure you need all 598 updates, because it seems to be really a big numbers ? Have you look into the folder to see if some of them are for a different architecture (x86 or x64) from your ISO ?

more_horiz
to winterstorm2050>  it is safe to delete "WinReducer70.wccf" file from WinReducer's customized ISO?

more_horiz
You could delete it, but it's really not a good idea ...

If you want to keep this wccf file for future preset use, or if you want to customize later this ISO (it's always read by WinReducer to verify which components are already removed !)

So, I do NOT recommend to remove this file ... Wink
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum