The WinReducer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The WinReducer ForumLog in

FORUM

description[IMPLEMENTED] Drivers - Printers - Generic Empty[IMPLEMENTED] Drivers - Printers - Generic

more_horiz
Hi winter,

i removed all printers (just kept SAMSUNG) but there is a GENERIC shown:

[IMPLEMENTED] Drivers - Printers - Generic No79o2ji

can it be removed / implemented?

description[IMPLEMENTED] Drivers - Printers - Generic EmptyRe: [IMPLEMENTED] Drivers - Printers - Generic

more_horiz
Hey,

Yes this could be done but the main troubles is to keep it if you need to install a new printer.

So it should be better to not include it with all "drivers", but I will add it in the "Services - Printers Support Services" when using "Remove" so like this the "GENERIC" driver will be removed only if you don't need the print functionality !

description[IMPLEMENTED] Drivers - Printers - Generic EmptyRe: [IMPLEMENTED] Drivers - Printers - Generic

more_horiz
hi,

ah ok, so this cant be removed if we want to use Printers.

Than consider this thread as solved Razz

more_horiz
hey winter,

i used my batch files and i got all drivers removed (also the genetic one).

so the window shown at the picture in post 1 is empty. i can add my driver (a samsung printer driver) and everything works fine.

i didnt search what files exactly removed the genetic driver, but if you want i can do that.

more_horiz
so im removing the Generic driver like this:

del /q /f Windows\System32\DriverStore\de-DE\prnge001.inf_loc
del /q /f Windows\System32\catroot\{F750E6C3-38EE-11D1-85E5-00C04FC295EE}\prnge001.cat
del /q /f Windows\inf\prnge001.inf
rmdir /s /q Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\prnge001.inf_amd64_neutral_cfffa4143b3c4592

winreducer removes the first 3 files, the last one is left. also this 3 files are only removed like you said winter only when removing Services - Printers Support Services.

i remove these files and i can still install my samsung printer (driver) and use it via network, and didnt have troubles.

more_horiz
ADDED IN v3.05 !

Hey KrX,

I've created a new Printer Generic in "Drivers" section based on your test !  Smile

Thank you very much my friend !

more_horiz
works perfect Wink
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum