The WinReducer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The WinReducer ForumLog in

FORUM

description[ANSWERED] How to remove/disable Windows 10 preview Keylogger? Empty[ANSWERED] How to remove/disable Windows 10 preview Keylogger?

more_horiz
According to Windows 10 preview TOS they are using a keylogger mechanism to track our every click and move to improve their software and stability. While that sounds good in terms of performance and a better windows 10, it can be a pickle to use on production computers for now.

I know preview is not for production computers but i like windows 10 a lot after using it for a week or so and was wondering if there is a way to remove or disable the keylogger tracker mechanism and prevent microsoft from tracking our each click and keyboard stroke.

description[ANSWERED] How to remove/disable Windows 10 preview Keylogger? EmptyRe: [ANSWERED] How to remove/disable Windows 10 preview Keylogger?

more_horiz
If you are using an untouched Windows 10 Preview and this will be even in the final release, you need to keep in mind your OS is
completely exposed for spying. You are totally transparent and they will know about everything you are doing. 

They will know which programs and apps you are using via Telemetry and Windows Geolocation...
They will know which websites you are browsing via Internet Explorer and all Bing Apps which are also connected with Telemetry and Windows Geolocation...
They will know your exact home location through built-in GPS system if or maybe even if not you are using Windows Apps and Internet Explorer via Windows Geolocation...
They will record you Skype calls which everybody should nowadays already know...
They could identify your friends and family through People and Skype...
They will know your emails via the Mail app and Windows Mail...
They will know your data on your Computer via Windows Feedback and if you are using the MS Cloudsystem OneDrive...

In the end they will record and send all the data from to MS main server and make a profile about you and your habits. 
Maybe they will even sell the data to corporations and intelligence agencies...

I have made a list which are all built-in spyware by MS in Windows 10:

Apps:
Cortana, Finance, Food & Drink, Games, Health & Fitness, Mail, Maps, News, 
OneDrive, People, Skype, Sports, Travel, Weather, Windows Feedback, Windows Store

Programs and System Components:
Auto Check Utility Proxy, Credential Manager, Internet Explorer, Family Safety, Microsoft Feeds, Windows Geolocation ( Locations and Settings ), 
Windows Customer Experience Improvement Program / Software Quality Management / Application Experience / Application Impact Telemetry, 
Windows Error Reporting, Windows Live, Windows Mail, Windows Phone, Windows Update

So this is not fear mongering, these are facts and if you want to use Windows 10 Preview and the final release in the future
I RECOMMEND TO REMOVE ALL THIS TROJAN SPYWARE. I hope everyone understands and it is clear now Smile

description[ANSWERED] How to remove/disable Windows 10 preview Keylogger? EmptyRe: [ANSWERED] How to remove/disable Windows 10 preview Keylogger?

more_horiz
Hi Torrentus,

Thank you for your response. So let me get this straight, you are saying that the spyware/keylogger will be there even after the final release of windows 10? Isn't that violation of user privacy?

For the timebeing if i delete the above listed apps and programs would that get me off the hook?

more_horiz
Yes of course, they don't even hide it anymore. They are either too arrogant or they don't care because most people are not aware/not informed or asleep. The disturbing thing since Snowden's reveal is, that most people really don't even care about privacy and spying. In fact this world wide scandal seems to be accepted by the society as the new standard. It seems most people forgot or want to forget how we lived before the year 2000. They forget how much freedom and personal rights they had lost. It is really shocking that so many people have this really dumb and ignorant argument that they have nothing to hide. I always tell those idiots to watch The Truman Show and say it again with a straight face...

Anyways here are some official MS descriptions from their spyware:

Monitoring your apps

Analytics and telemetry are two types of data that we collect to help you monitor your apps in the Windows Store and after they have been installed on your customers' computers.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Analytics

Analytics refers to the data we collect directly from the Windows Store, such as app listing views, downloads, and customer ratings and reviews. We collect this info on an ongoing basis, analyze and summarize it, and provide reports in your Windows Store Dashboard. Analytic data collection happens automatically and you can't disable it.

Telemetry

Telemetry refers to the data we collect about your app when it's running on customers' computers. If you enable this feature in your Windows Store developer account, your app will automatically send info back to Microsoft about how often it has been launched, how long it has been running, and whether it has experienced an error such as crashing or encountering a JavaScript exception. We collect this info for each app, analyze and summarize it, and provide reports in your Dashboard. You can choose to enable or disable telemetry data collection at any time.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Windows Geolocation

Let Windows periodically send GPS and other location information to Microsoft when you use location-aware apps. We won't use this information to identify or contact you.

Well of course it would help tremendously to remove all this spyware but we can't guarantee for 100% that it is clean. In fact there isn't any 100% perfect protection for anything.
Someone in the world will always find a backdoor, a weak spot, an error or bug in a program to exploit...  But it is better than nothing Wink

Also this why all the Windows Slimming Communities were founded, there are Users which don't want all this crap by MS. Even if not all programs are spyware, it is still useless junk that needs to be removed because they ARE much better freeware alternatives. So my advice would be not to use any MS products. If you want alternatives we can make a new thread and post them there...

more_horiz
Hi Torrentus,

I absolutely agree with you. This whole thing has spread so wide it all seems like a systematic breakdown of our freedom. Just because i have nothing to hide doesn't mean its an open invitation to unlimited spying. I hardly use MS products except for their OS i pretty much don't use any MS products can you please advice me something in that case? I have used win 10 for about a week or two and i really loved it but i removed it as soon as i read about their keylogger program.

I thought of switching to linux but i couldn't cause i use too many portable apps which run fine on windows but wont run on linux. So looking for something that would ensure my privacy and also would unleash the true potential of my PC.

more_horiz
Hey guys,

I will integrate in the future this security preset :
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

more_horiz
lucaskent, I am working on a Windows 10 Remove List which includes already some of the spyware mentioned above.
If you already have experience in stripping down Windows you could try to manual remove it. It's not finished yet but
it's a good start to begin. When I have finished the list all the spyware will be included!:

Windows 10 Remove List

Or you could just wait when Winterstorm will implement them in Winreducer...

more_horiz
Hi Torrentus,

I am really sorry i don't know how to remove windows components manually. I usually rely on this great program by winterstorm for the same.
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum