The WinReducer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The WinReducer ForumLog in

FORUM

description[SOLVED] Not allowing removal of all Games Empty[SOLVED] Not allowing removal of all Games

more_horiz
Winter

This may be an isolated problem, but I'm using an untouched ISO of Windows 7 x64 Professional edition.
Loaded up WR7 RC7
and discovered that it wouldn't allow me to remove some games
Games disabled :

even though the files were definitely there in TEMP_WINDOWS\Windows\WinSXS
Game files :

Here are the revelant lines from my Temp.XML file that WR created
XMLfile :

description[SOLVED] Not allowing removal of all Games EmptyRe: [SOLVED] Not allowing removal of all Games

more_horiz
Same here.

I think is something related with the version. I opened a untouched ULTIMATE x64, and ALL FEATURES (not only games) are enabled to be removed. As well, some services not changeable in PROFESSIONAL can be changed with ULTIMATE.

description[SOLVED] Not allowing removal of all Games EmptyRe: [SOLVED] Not allowing removal of all Games

more_horiz
Hello guys,

Sorry for my late answer, that's correct romulocarlos, it's a windows edition depending features. WinReducer detects all available Features (or services). And if one is not detected, it's simply disabled.

more_horiz
winterstorm2050 wrote:
Hello guys,

Sorry for my late answer, that's correct romulocarlos, it's a windows edition depending features. WinReducer detects all available Features (or services). And if one is not detected, it's simply disabled.

i think its correct like it is.

brittech wrote:

even though the files were definitely there in TEMP_WINDOWS\Windows\WinSXS

as much as i know the winsxs folder is for ALL versions the same. so i.e win7 home will contain all files at winsxs which win7 ultimate also gets.

and if you use windows anytime upgrade to i.e get from home to ultimate the necessary files will be copied from winsxs to the right folders, so that you can use the functions

im not really sure but i think that enabling / disabling windows features does the same

so i would consider this thread as solved because its not winreducer related; or if you dont think so it can be "unsolved"

more_horiz
Hello,

I made a mistake in the professional edition detection which prevented to activate these components.

It has been solved in v3.11 :
https://forum.winreducer.net/t1058-solved-game-feature-selection#9902
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum