The WinReducer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The WinReducer ForumLog in

FORUM

[ANSWERED] Some issues with WR7 V3 RC6

5 posters

description[ANSWERED] Some issues with WR7 V3 RC6 Empty[ANSWERED] Some issues with WR7 V3 RC6

more_horiz
Hi again!

Just trying to use my previous .wcff, and got some erros to build a new, SYSPREPPED and clean Win7 Pro SP1 ISO. So, I made the preset again from zero, but some problems (and maybe bugs) are persistent. Thats:

1. Windows Defender: I check it to be removed from "Remover", and also check to remove the service in "Services", but the service still there, with the name "Windef".

2. Action Center: A lot of options in Configuration is grayed, and I can't unselect them.

3. Internet Explorer: I keep it, but can't install latest version (IE11). It gives an error after it auto-install some updates. I can't figure out wich error, it don't give me a code or number.

4. Sysprep: I can't sysprep my image. I start it by typing "sysprep /generalize /oobe /shutdown", it starts and returns a "fatal error" when I and exit. The image comes uselles, don't boot anymore. Looking at error log (before restart), I see an error about srcore.dll, wich is system restore dll (I remove system restore).

So... Issue 1 is not a problem at all. While in sysprep enviroment, I can delete the service with Command Prompt.

For Internet Explorer, I justing testing now a new image, without IE. I'll manually integrate the pre-requisited updates while in sysprep enviroment, and see what happens.

For sysprep, I will try to remount the image and copy the system restore dll's from my online system and see what happens.

And a doubt... In system32 there are a lot of folders with language names, like en-us, ko-kr, fr-fr, and so on. These folders have some .mui files inside each one. I checked all languages to be removed. These folders are not affected? Can I remove them? My system is only Brazilian Portuguese!

For debug proposes, I tried to past my wccf file here, but I receive na error saiyng message too long. How can I post it?

Thanks in advice!

description[ANSWERED] Some issues with WR7 V3 RC6 EmptyRe: [ANSWERED] Some issues with WR7 V3 RC6

more_horiz
Sorry for misformatting, I try to correct it, but don't work!

description[ANSWERED] Some issues with WR7 V3 RC6 EmptyRe: [ANSWERED] Some issues with WR7 V3 RC6

more_horiz
Some news.

Windows Defender: I removed the service without problems with command prompt!

Internet Explorer: I removed IE8 with winreducer, and inside sysprep enviroment, I was able to install IE11 normally after install the pre-requisites updates.

Sysprep: It now returns another error, about another dll: iessetup.dll, inside the Internet Explorer folder. Again, I'll try to copy the dll from my system and see what happens.

more_horiz
hi,

i edited your first post a bit, also you can upload your wccf file i.e here:

http://www.zippyshare.com/

more_horiz
KrX wrote:
hi,

i edited your first post a bit, also you can upload your wccf file i.e here:

http://www.zippyshare.com/

Thanks. Here it go: http://www26.zippyshare.com/v/50224709/file.html

With this profile, I MUST HAVE to copy some files from a original mounted folder to sysprep enviroment:

c:\program files\internet explorer\iessetup.dll to c:\program files\internet explorer
c:\windows\system32\srcore.dll to c:\windows\system32

If I don't copy, sysprep stops with fatal error on these files. It don't find them and stops.

After copied, sysprep stops at another file, and gives another error:

Code:

2010-03-18 09:14:13, Error                 SYSPRP WindowsSideShow: Failed to get task folder (0x80070003)
2010-03-18 09:14:13, Error      [0x0f0082] SYSPRP LaunchDll:Failure occurred while executing 'C:\Windows\System32\AuxiliaryDisplayClassInstaller.dll,WindowsSideShow_Sysprep_Generalize', returned error code 31
2010-03-18 09:14:13, Error      [0x0f0070] SYSPRP RunExternalDlls:An error occurred while running registry sysprep DLLs, halting sysprep execution. dwRet = 31
2010-03-18 09:14:13, Error      [0x0f00a8] SYSPRP WinMain:Hit failure while processing sysprep generalize internal providers; hr = 0x8007001f
2010-03-18 09:19:28, Info       [0x0f004c] SYSPRP WaitThread:Exiting spawned waiting thread
2010-03-18 09:19:28, Info       [0x0f0052] SYSPRP Shutting down SysPrep log

As you see, is something with SideShow. Reading about the error, I open AuxiliaryDisplayClassInstaller with HEX Editor, and see it is related with Task Scheduler. 

Reading the WinReducer database, I found removing 'Windows Tablet PC' also removes the 'MobilePC (SideShow)'. So... I make another image using the same preset, but NOT REMOVING TabletPC, SideBar and MobilePC related options. BUM! It worked! 

(A NOTE: I can't find WinReducer 7.0 Database Information. The link on the program shows WinReducer 8.1 Database Information, and I can't find it on the site).

I still have to copy the iessetup.dll (because I removed IE8), and srcore.dll (for System Restore), but now sysprep finishes the job. On the counter-side, my image have SideBar with gadgets, TabletPC and MobilePC options in Control Panel. I don't want them.

I really don't know wich 'task folder' means, but I guess is something with Task Scheduler, because a folder named "MobilePC" exists on Task Scheduler with the preset that worked, and don't exists with the other preset.

Any ideas?

more_horiz
winter,

what Option exactly is removing sysprep?

maybe its time for a sysprep preset which protects the files that you mentioned.? like in winreducer8.1 ?

more_horiz
I checked the "Protect Sysprep" option in 'Presets', but I think it protect Sysprep itself, not the other files it needs. Because I think is not sysprep itself. Are files it needs to work.

Today I will try a image keeping the "\program files\windows sidebar" folder and some files in windows folder, like I do with iessetup.dll and srcore.dll.

more_horiz
I generated a folder with more than 140 files in windows folder, wich have SIDE in the name, and the error persists.

I used 'xcopy' to get the files and folder structure, and have also copied the 'windows sidebar' folder to '\program files'.

No progress, the error persists.

more_horiz
Some news.

I made a little different process. I first used Wintoolkit to remove TabletPC, Windows Gadget Plataform and MobilePC itens ONLY. Then, I open the image with Winreducer, and use the same preset.

Now, the 'Sidebar' and 'TabletPC' options in "Features" are grayed, I can't change them. The same with 'Sensor Monitoring' in "Services".

I copy the 2 dll's to the image and... Sysprep finished the job without errors!

more_horiz
i need to say that wintoolkit does NOT remove any components (as i know) it just deactivates the components so they are not installed (but present at your windows folder)

more_horiz
Yeah, I realized this. The folder for gadgets is removed, anyway, but it really left files in windows folder.

But for propose of test, it solve the problem, and maybe helps to find the source of winreducer problem.

more_horiz
Hello guys,

Just to tell you that I will work on WinReducer 7.0 starting from tomorrow ... Wink ... and I will release a new build Next Saturday (4 October 2014) !

So I will probably need you to do some tests ... Smile

more_horiz
Tell me the tests!

more_horiz
I will contact you this week ... Wink

more_horiz
hey, just to know if it is solved.

everything ok since RC9?

more_horiz
I'm now using RC8.

I don't have problems with the dlls anymore, but:

1. If I remove NET FrameWrok 3.5, Task Scheduler and some snap-ins in Computer Management don't work or don't appears anymore.

2. I still have to use WinToolkit to integrate Internet Explorer 11. If I try to install it inside the sysprep enviroment, it gives me an error, like before.

3. None of "Tweaks" I have tested are working. I have to use Win Toolkit to apply the tweaks I need.

To reduce the time in sysprep enviroment, I downloaded all updates listed in a fresh install. So, my procedure is now:

1. Separate a Professional image from the whole original WIM file;
2. Apply some tweaks, and integrate some drivers and Internet Explorer 11 using Win Toolkit, in WIM above;
3. Remove all unwanted things, integrate all updates with WinReducer, and save to an ISO;
4. Install the resulting ISO, and in sysprep enviroment, install a few hotfixes and NET FrameWork 4.5.1;
5. Exit the sysprep enviroment, capture the image to a new WIM, and copy it to ISO generated by WinReducer.

I don't have tested the RC9 yet, anyway.

more_horiz
I forgot: the issue with Windows Defender service persists!

more_horiz
Some news. Bad and good. Read carefully.

I found a new way to install the updates, faster than integrating with WinReducer or sysprep enviroment. But I still need the sysprep enviroment, because NET Framework 4.5.1, KB2533552 and Silverlight can't be integrated.

So, I changed my procedure (for now, I'm testing with Windows 7 Professional x86):

1. I export the Professional image from the whole original WIM, and move it a new DVD folder. I must use this because the final WIM is smaller than use "Delete unneeded editions" in WinReducer.
  2. I remove IE8 (inlcuding the 'control panels' in ' Remover') and other items with WinReducer. The ISO is about 1Gb. I suggest to *NOT* remove NetFW3: it really breaks a lot of things, and re-installing it or installing NetFW 4.5.1 don't solve the problem.
  3. I use WinTool Kit to apply some tewaks, and only for this. Why? Because it have more options than WinReducer, and the WinReducer's 'Tweaks' don't work for me. I don't know why, none of them worked.
  4. I integrate IE11 and all updates to a manually mounted WIM. Is really faster than any other method I know.
  5. I create a new ISO with the updates integrated (about 1,6Gb!), and enter in sysprep in a VM. Its all ok: all updates I integrate appears, only the KB2533552, NETFW4.5.1 and Silverlight appears in Windows Update.
  6. I manually install these missing updates, and try to exit sysprep enviroment. Surprise! The errors regarding the iessetup.dll, srcore.dll and the task folder are back!

So, I made another test: I use the same preset in WRD, EXCEPT I keep IE8 and IE control panels items. The error persist about the srcore.dll and task folder in sysprep enviroment. I just can't use sysprep enviroment, unless I keep 'Tablet PC' and 'Windows Sidebar' in 'Features', and "System Restore" in 'Remover'. But I don't want them.

So, I decide to stop at step 4, use the ISO to install Windows and install the missing updates in a real enviroment. Everything works fine.

Until I can't use sysprep, I will use this procedure.

Let me show you how to integrate the updates faster:

1. Install a clean and original Windows in a VM.
  2. Change the Windows Update settings to only download updates (no to install), and configure to get updates to other MS products (just click "Read more" in Windows Update window, and let it install "Microsoft Update")
  3. Now, click on "Search for updates".
  4. When it finishes, open Internet Explorer in your host machine, and download all WINDOWS updates using a software like WU Downloader, or Windows Update Catalog: https://catalog.update.microsoft.com
  5. Put all updates in a single root folder (like c:\updates), and rename them to KBXXXXXXX only. Doing this way will avoid errors with long names. To rename the files in a batch, I used LUPAS RENAMER 2000.
  6. Mount the image in a root folder, like c:\mount
  7. Use the following command to integrate: dism /image:c:\mount /add-package /packagepath:c:\Updates
  8. Just relax, and take a coffee. On my QuadCore with 4Gb DDR3 RAM, it takes about 25min to integrate 176 updates.
  9. Unmount the image, saving it on a DVD.
  10. Thats it.

Is time consuming in the first time, but after you download all updates, all will be fine.

Hope this help you to solve the problem, and help anothers to have a updated ISO in less time.

more_horiz
Carlos

Maybe these steps could restore SYSPREP (SP) functionality.

SP carries out the instructions from the relevant .XML files inside this folder

Code:

C:\Windows\System32\Sysprep\ActionFiles

So, I would first backup those files, then give yourself permission to edit them.
Before you can edit them you'll need to tidy the XML using this handy website.

Code:

http://www.freeformatter.com/xml-formatter.html

Then remove/comment out these sections (and any others you think are related to the problem).

Code:

Microsoft-Windows-SystemRestore-Main

Microsoft-Windows-IE-Sysprep

Take note that there are usually two sections for each type, in each file...
processorArchitecture="amd64"   and
processorArchitecture="wow64"

Once you've removed those sections, SP will not attempt to do anything with SystemRestore or IE.

more_horiz
Thanks, brittech. I search for this folder under Sysprep, but I don't find it.

Inside sysprep folder, there is only "en-us", "Panther", and "pt-br". There are 2 xml files inside, but the are not relevant to Sysprep actions, they are a "matrix" to generate the text file with errors or logs.

more_horiz
Sorry buddy, I'm on Windows 8.1 - keep forgetting that!  Embarassed

For Windows 7, try searching for these .xml files.
Otherwise, they might be in the Registry??

more_horiz
There are some registry keys, but nothing ralated with configuration or actions... and no XML files related with Sysprep.

Googling about sysprep configuration, all I have is an unattended file...

Thanks, anyway. For now, I will use the procedure above, without steps 5 and 6.

more_horiz
Ok, I think I've found it...

Windows 7 stores the SysPrep instructions in the Registry, here...

Code:

HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Setup\Sysprep

So, back up that branch and remove these keys..

Code:

Cleanup\{4aaf8557-52af-9241-b6bc-e36d2d203cef}
Cleanup\{ccf004d0-c18e-a2d4-b4ea-08ccb5259f11}

Generalize\{4aaf8557-52af-9241-469e-acbb347c3c07}
Generalize\{ccf004d0-c18e-a2d4-ee22-e585dac90889}

Specialize\{4aaf8557-52af-9241-37f7-7f91476d9a14}

more_horiz
Yeah, you did it. Thanks again!

The keys to iessetup and srcore are easy to find, but will be hard to find the wich is related to Windows Side Show. There are no keys regarding this, and I suspect is more related with task scheduler...

But I will check it out soon.

more_horiz
Oh, forgot that one.  Here it is

Remove

Code:

Generalize\{b3257dc1-2617-6667-6a6f-2fe2739a2b89}

more_horiz
I don't have the "4aaf8557" and "b3257dc1" keys. Wich DLL they reffer?

more_horiz
What keys do you have?  Take a screenshot for us to see.

Otherwise, take look for the keywords in the values of your keys - srcore, or iesetup, or SideShow...

As long as you've taken a backup, remove the keys you think are the cause.  If they don't solve it, restore them and try other keys...

more_horiz
Sorry, people. I make some mistakes. Some errors are from x86, and others are from x64.

The keys brittech shows are for x86. I was looking to a x64 image...

I'm starting a new image for each archteture right now, and will post the results soon.

more_horiz
Well, done with tests. Here go the results:

• x64 Arch: no need to copy dlls, delete registry keys, nothing. Sysprep ends its jobs without any erros.
  • x86 Arch: If I remove IE8, I need to copy iessetup.dll, or delete the registry keys for this dll. I prefer to copy the DLL. As well, if I remove System Restore, I have to copy srcore.dll, or delete the registry keys for this dll. Again, I prefer to copy. In both cases, I MUST DELETE the key regarding the AuxiliaryDisplayClassInstaller.dll.

For BOTH archs:

• Some folders with language names are left in \windows\system32 folder. I delete them manually, and have no problems for now;
  • If I remove the "Homegroup Listener and Provider", I can't access "Advanced Share Settings", in "Network And Sharing Center";
  • "Windows Defender" and "Block Level Backup Engine Service" services are NOT removed at all. There is a "Windefend" and "wbem" (or similar) in its places. I can remove them manually on Command Prompt.

Well people, thats it. I now have an fully updated AIO ISO! Thanks a lot to brittech!

more_horiz
I can't understand why you needed steps 1-3 if you're asking in steps 4-7 to use the host OS to integrate the updates downloaded on the host OS.

Which image do you refer to in step 6- The iso that was initially installed in step 1 or the .vmdk / virtual hdd file of the guest OS.

I'm not very technically inclined so might be missing the point in the procedure, and hoping that you would be kind enough to enlighten me here.

Also, do you need to make any amendments to your 10 steps regarding the 3 keys Britech mentioned.

Thanks
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum