The WinReducer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The WinReducer ForumLog in

FORUM

description[ANSWERED] Install Windows Language Pack after created reduced ISO Empty[ANSWERED] Install Windows Language Pack after created reduced ISO

more_horiz
I use WinReducer to remove languages, keyboard and some (or all) Modern UI application. After I remove that I want to install MyLanguage Language Pack. I want to use Windows 8.1 as it has been used on workstation like WindowsXP - without ModernUI apps with start button

Scenario I
Removed all keyboards (except mylanguage and english_US), all languages (except myLanguage and UnitedStates). I create new ISO, I install it on computer. After that I am able to install MyLanguageLanguage Pack through Control Panel. [OK - but all Modern UI apps stays]

Scenario II
Removed all Modern UI application (all keyboard and languages stays). I create new ISO, I install it on computer. After that I am NOT able to install MyLanguageLanguage Pack through Control Panel. [not ok]

Scenario III
Removed all keyboards (except mylanguage and english_US), all languages (except myLanguage and UnitedStates). Removed some ModernUI apps(26/33). I create new ISO, I install it on computer. After that I am NOT able to install MyLanguageLanguage Pack through Control Panel. [not ok]

Question: Installation of LanguagePack depends on ModernUI. What ModernUIapps I can remove from installation to stil enable to install MyLanguage Pack. I want to remove all ModernUI apps as I can but stil to be able to install Language PAck
I try another language pack but stil some error
Error during installation Language pack: 'Installation failure:Windows failed to install the following update with error 0x80073712:...'

description[ANSWERED] Install Windows Language Pack after created reduced ISO EmptyRe: [ANSWERED] Install Windows Language Pack after created reduced ISO

more_horiz
Hi Damir

Instead of using the Control Panel (Microsoft's recommended route),  download the language pack as a separate file from here...

Code:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows/language-packs#lptabs=win8

Make sure you choose the Download Center for Windows 8.1

Once you have the file, you can install it manually, or by using a script.  This way, you can remove all Modern UI apps.
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum