The WinReducer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The WinReducer ForumLog in

FORUM

description[SOLVED] Can't start winreducer 8.1 on reduced windows 8.1 Empty[SOLVED] Can't start winreducer 8.1 on reduced windows 8.1

more_horiz
Hi
I have problem as in the title.

Here is WinReducer81.log:

Code:

***** 2014-09-21 20:12:01 - SESSION OPENED *****
CRITICAL ERROR : Your Operating System is not compatible with WinReducer 8.1 ==> you need Windows 8.1 (x32 or x64)
***** 2014-09-21 20:12:01 - SESSION CLOSED *****

Here is the link to preset file

Thanks in advance

description[SOLVED] Can't start winreducer 8.1 on reduced windows 8.1 EmptyRe: [SOLVED] Can't start winreducer 8.1 on reduced windows 8.1

more_horiz
mietek190 wrote:
Hi

Code:

CRITICAL ERROR : Your Operating System is not compatible with WinReducer 8.1 ==> you need Windows 8.1 (x32 or x64)

Thanks in advance

Could you upload your wccf file to a website that does not require us to sign in? Here are two such sites:
Wikisend
Tinyupload

My guess is that you removed .net framework using an extreme cleanup method. Winreducer needs .net to function.

description[SOLVED] Can't start winreducer 8.1 on reduced windows 8.1 EmptyRe: [SOLVED] Can't start winreducer 8.1 on reduced windows 8.1

more_horiz
aymanalz wrote:
mietek190 wrote:
Hi

Code:

Thanks in advance

Could you upload your wccf file to a website that does not require us to sign in? Here are two such sites:
Wikisend
Tinyupload

My guess is that you removed .net framework using an extreme cleanup method. Winreducer needs .net to function.

im not really sure because im at work and cant look, but isnt the tip saying for the net fraework extream cleanup that it leaves the nessesary files so that winreducer will still work?

more_horiz
Thank you very much for your replies.
I didn't tick remove .net framework at least in extreme section:

Code:

<Element Category="Optimizations" Name="ISO - Boot - Clean Boot Wim" Selected="OK" />
    <Element Category="Optimizations" Name="ISO - Boot - Delete Unneeded Editions" Selected="OK" />
    <Element Category="Optimizations" Name="ISO - Windows - Delete Unneeded Editions" Selected="OK" />
    <Element Category="Optimizations" Name="ISO - Windows - Unneeded Files Cleanup" Selected="OK" />
    <Element Category="Optimizations" Name="Windows - Unneeded Files Cleanup" Selected="OK" />
    <Element Category="Optimizations" Name="Windows - WinSXS Backup Folder Cleanup" Selected="OK" />
    <Element Category="Optimizations" Name="EXPERT - Net Framework Complete Cleanup" Selected="false" />
    <Element Category="Optimizations" Name="EXPERT - Net Framework Light Cleanup" Selected="false" />
    <Element Category="Optimizations" Name="EXPERT - WinSXS Folder Cleanup" Selected="false" />
    <Element Category="Optimizations" Name="EXPERT - WinSXS Folder Compression" Selected="true" />

Anyway here's the link to wccf

more_horiz
Hello,

Could you please use send me the result of this simple command line : "ver" (without quotes)

Thanks.

more_horiz
Hi here's the result:

Code:

System nie może znaleźć komunikatu dla numeru komunikatu 0x2350 w pliku komunika
tów dla Application.
(c) 2013 Microsoft Corporation. Wszelkie prawa zastrzeżone.
W magazynie brak miejsca dla wykonania tego polecenia.
C:\Windows\system32>ver
System nie może znaleźć komunikatu dla numeru komunikatu 0x2350 w pliku komunika
tów dla Application.
C:\Windows\system32>

I'm using polish OS

English translation:

Code:

The system cannot find message text for message number 0x2350 in the message file.
(c) 2013 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.
No space available to execute this command.
C:\Windows\system32>ver
The system cannot find message text for message number 0x2350 in the message file.
C:\Windows\system32>

more_horiz
Hello,

1) Thanks but it seems to be an error with your command or your system, because what you need to see :
[SOLVED] Can't start winreducer 8.1 on reduced windows 8.1 Comman10

--> Red dot : command line to write
--> Green dot : Official result

2) Also, take care at the fact that in your command line window it has been mentioned that :
"No space available to execute this command."

3) Thanks for the English translation, it was a good idea !

Let me know please ! Smile

more_horiz
Thanks for your answer but I'm still getting the same result with "ver" command

I have 17 GB free on virtual machine.

Also I tried "winver" command and it looks ok to me

[SOLVED] Can't start winreducer 8.1 on reduced windows 8.1 <a href=[SOLVED] Can't start winreducer 8.1 on reduced windows 8.1 Winver11" />

more_horiz
TOPIC MOVED TO "WINREDUCER 8.1 BUGS" FORUM !

TOPIC UPDATED WITH [PENDING] STATUS !

OK, I found why !

And it will be corrected in v1.21 (release at the end of the week) !

more_horiz
SOLVED IN v1.21 !
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum