The WinReducer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The WinReducer ForumLog in

FORUM

description[PENDING] Problem AND solution for non-working PC settings Empty[PENDING] Problem AND solution for non-working PC settings

more_horiz
A few months back, I had reported that I could not change user account picture on reduced Windows. That problem was rectified by a certain version number, but now I find that these later versions (1.20 and a few previous ones) have the same issue. Or maybe a more general issue, because "PC settings" does not start at all. I had removed all the metro apps, except "immersive control panel".

After googling around, I found that the following command entered in command prompt with admin rights solves the issue:

powershell -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register $Env:SystemRoot\ImmersiveControlPanel\AppxManifest.xml

After this command is executed, I am able to use the immersive control panel ("PC settings"), and also change user pic from inside that. I am mentioning it here to help out anybody else who may have faced the same problem.

Winter: I don't know if it affects all users or just some, but could you add this command to winreducer, if it is possible?

description[PENDING] Problem AND solution for non-working PC settings EmptyRe: [PENDING] Problem AND solution for non-working PC settings

more_horiz
Very good powershell command. Thank you  Cool

It can be solved as well by protecting "Immersive Control Panel", "Windows Java Script" and "Windows Visual C Runtime" as mentioned here under "Protect Modern UI Apps".

description[PENDING] Problem AND solution for non-working PC settings EmptyRe: [PENDING] Problem AND solution for non-working PC settings

more_horiz
Well, with this command the PC settings work even if "Windows Javascript" and "Win Visual C runtime" are removed. So those are two more things I can remove, without affecting functionality.

more_horiz
Ok, I will have a look ! Thanks.

more_horiz
TOPIC UPDATED WITH "PENDING" STATUS !

more_horiz
Hi there,

the Problem seems not being fixed with that command for me.

if i enter the command i got the following errors.

please help me out.

thanks n regards

[PENDING] Problem AND solution for non-working PC settings Unbena11

** I have removed Windows store and the apps from the Installation only. What a Face What a Face What a Face What a Face

more_horiz
winterstorm2050 wrote:
Ok, I will have a look ! Thanks.

Can you please have a look at this problem again?
I really need a fix! So many PCs are "damaged" affraid

more_horiz
I have now used the latest version - same problem!

more_horiz
Bump yes it's in 2.0 as well

more_horiz
user331 wrote:

[PENDING] Problem AND solution for non-working PC settings Unbena11

** I have removed Windows store and the apps from the Installation only. What a Face What a Face What a Face What a Face

Hi,
Did you type or copy-paste that command I mentioned exactly as is? Also, did you open command prompt with admin rights? You did not remove "immersive control panel" from metro apps, correct?

I am using the latest version (V1.2), and after installation, if I enter that command, I am able to access 'PC settings' as well as change user picture. I removed everything related to metro/modern, except ICP.

more_horiz
spidernz wrote:

Did you mean 1.2? Isn't that the latest version as of now?

more_horiz
aymanalz wrote:
spidernz wrote:

Did you mean 1.2? Isn't that the latest version as of now?

hey, the Version number changes a bit since the release of EX Versions.

Since EX everything started from Version 1.0
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum