The WinReducer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The WinReducer ForumLog in

FORUM

descriptionWould this help to speed up the removal process? EmptyWould this help to speed up the removal process?

more_horiz
@Winter

I noticed that you issue SETACL commands for each file/folder before removal.
But!  how about giving the Administrators group FULL access to the WinSXS folder, before removal

Code:

SetACL.exe -on D:\Winreducer\.....\Windows\WinSxS -ot file -actn ace -ace "n:S-1-5-32-544;p:full"  -rec cont_obj -silent

Then remove components as required.
Afterwards, restore the Administrators group access to READ_EX

Code:

SetACL.exe -on D:\Winreducer\.....\Windows\WinSxS -ot file -actn ace -ace "n:S-1-5-32-544;p:read_ex"  -rec cont_obj -silent

Also, the files in the WinSXS\Backup  and  WinSXS\Manifest  folders  INHERIT their access settings from the folder setting.  So this command...

Code:

SetACL.exe -on D:\Winreducer\.....\Windows\WinSxS\Backup -ot file -actn ace -ace "n:S-1-5-32-544;p:full" -silent

means I can delete any file in that folder without needing to change the permissions on every file!

Then, to restore the setting back as it was, use the command as before...

Code:

SetACL.exe -on D:\Winreducer\.....\Windows\WinSxS\Backup -ot file -actn ace -ace "n:S-1-5-32-544;p:read_ex" -silent

Surely that would speed up the removal process??
Try it.

descriptionWould this help to speed up the removal process? EmptyRe: Would this help to speed up the removal process?

more_horiz
Yes, very interesting ... sure I will test that tomorrow and if it works great I will include this fix with a great pleasure !

descriptionWould this help to speed up the removal process? EmptyRe: Would this help to speed up the removal process?

more_horiz
this is only for w8.1? Or implemented on WinReducer 7?

more_horiz
hey winter,

can i mark this thread as implemented (new removing engine) or do you want to try it still out ?

more_horiz
Hello KrX,

The work is not finished yet, so please do not mark it as implemented. Thanks.

more_horiz
okay, i will leave it as it is
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum