The WinReducer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The WinReducer ForumLog in

FORUM

description[ANSWERED] Integrating .net framework 3.5 from ISO with update 1 Empty[ANSWERED] Integrating .net framework 3.5 from ISO with update 1

more_horiz
Hi,
I used to use winreducer on an AIO win 8.1 ISO, and used to integrate .net framework using winreducer, by ticking the appropriate option and pointing to the sources\sxs directory on the untouched ISO.

However, I haveĀ a new ISO with update 1 already integrated, and it does not have the sxs folder in it. Is there a way to integrate .net framework using winreducer, while reducing this ISO?

Also, I don't know if it is relevant, but the old ISO had a wim file, and the new one has an swm file (which I convert using winter's utility).

Edit: I meant to write that the new ISO has an ESD file, not swm.

description[ANSWERED] Integrating .net framework 3.5 from ISO with update 1 EmptyRe: [ANSWERED] Integrating .net framework 3.5 from ISO with update 1

more_horiz
I think in the official iso there is install.esd and install.esd would not be extracted with winreducer so thts y winter make a software winreducer wim converter

description[ANSWERED] Integrating .net framework 3.5 from ISO with update 1 EmptyRe: [ANSWERED] Integrating .net framework 3.5 from ISO with update 1

more_horiz
zesh_ii wrote:
I think in the official iso there is install.esd and install.esd would not be extracted with winreducer so thts y winter make a software winreducer wim converter

Yes I know that, and I have converted it to wim using the tool provided. My question was how to integrate .net framework 3.5, since my ISO does not have a sources\sxs folder in it.

more_horiz
Anybody? confused

more_horiz
Hello,

If there are no sxs folder on your ISO, you need to find another (official) ISO which has the same Windows Edition of you, with x86 or x64 architecture.

Then copy the "sources\sxs" folder somewhere on your HDD or copy all the content in the folder "WORK\INTEGRATE\UPDATES\Framework35\x86" (or "WORK\INTEGRATE\UPDATES\Framework35\x64") in the WinReducer folder.

Best Regards.
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum