The WinReducer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The WinReducer ForumLog in

FORUM

description[ANSWERED] Uefi problem.  Empty[ANSWERED] Uefi problem.

more_horiz
Hi i dont no what the problem is,when i create iso its fine,when i burn iso using rufus gpt fat 32 fine..when i see in bootmaneger before start of windows its listet as usb uefi ...but when i try to boot from it,it makes fast flash and bask to bios or resume on my normal boot ssd.  I have had succes with uefi and winreduser before, i used windows 7 64 bit ultimate. this time window 7 64 pro,any connection? Its real annoying cause my iso would make a great windows if only i could install it in Uefi. :-(

description[ANSWERED] Uefi problem.  EmptyRe: [ANSWERED] Uefi problem.

more_horiz
I use latest winreduser r4

more_horiz
I found out that some software copies a wrong version of bootx64.efi to the efi\boot folder. If you boot uefi you get an error message: unauthorized changes made..... if you install a win 7 x64 in VMWare you can find the right file in c:\windows\boot\efi it's named: bootmgfw.efi, rename it bootx64.efi and replace the file which is copied by winreducer.

Why don't you create a bootable usb drive? The only thing you have to do is format the usb drive in FAT32 and copy all files from your iso or workfolder to the drive, the usb drive is uefi bootable... the wim/esd file has to be under 4GB so it will fit on a FAT32 formatted drive.

more_horiz
Hi Jansen.. i did try the usb thing also, i think it has something to do with the ssd not beeing in gpt sceme,,it was when i bougth it and the it worked fine with winreduser uefi installed from and uefi usb. But nevermind anymore,i switced to windows 8.1 64 bit winredused uefi from usb..and let me tell you,with the tweaks used in winreduser...its the best and fastests os ever :-)

more_horiz
I've just made a working windows 7 pro sp1 x64 and it installed in uefi modus without any problems.

Succes with windows 8.1, it's one of the fastest windows ever Smile

ps, if windows 8.1 installs fine in eufi modus then a correct uefi build windows 7 sp1 x64 should also do that.

more_horiz
Janssen was your os hdd scheme in gpt? thats the only way i had succes with windows 7 and uefi. But i am so happy with the way my 8.1 winredused os works that i will never go back to 7. ;-)
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum